1. Ten Minutes

Incomplete Thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

1. Ten Minutes 

Pairing: Seulkai [Seulgi and Jongin]

Concept: College!Au

[Completed]

 

 

 

There she goes in all her glory.

 

He spots her in a millisecond as if he had been waiting for her all night. Well, to be fair he had been looking at the door for quite a while even before she stepped in, wondering when he would finally get to go back home. This party was boring and he wished he hadn't come. If he could, Jongin would have stayed home to finish another novel for his next Monday lecture. Yes, he was a nerd and no, he couldn't let others know now that he was considered the It boy.

 

 

He doesn't know how that happened but when college started, people started flocking around Sehun naturally because of his handsome looks but the boy was so not interested that he just as smoothly rejected his "fans" and possible friends by refusing to do the bare minimum to keep up the conversation whenever they talked to him. "They're superficial, I don't need fake people around me," he said to Jongin. Who didn't know that Sehun was all about loyalty anyway?

 

 

Eventually, the same people who went to Sehun for self-gratification by hanging out with good looking people went to him and being the sweetheart and polite young introverted and handsome nerd he was, Jongin simply couldn't find the resolution to be rude to them.

 

 

Being the "It" boy brought more than just fame and many friends. It gave Jongin responsibilities and headaches. It meant to pretend to enjoy having an eventful social life, to act like you cared more than you really did about other people's life and more than anything, being fun to be around all the time, whatever that what supposed to be. Thankfully for him, Jongin didn't have to try to be funny or to make girls swoon. It was natural.

 

 

Whatever. Nobody cared about how he got his popularity, he was popular that's it. Onto more important things: her.

 

 

So there she was in all glory fully dressed in black, standing by the door frame with a bored expression and her arms crossed on her chest while looking around to witness the mess that was this welcoming party. Same, he thought. Jongin finally decided to go for it. He made his way to her, slowly but surely as he was mentally preparing himself for the usual self-embarrassment and self-destruction that was about to take place soon.

 

 

 

"Hey," he said to get her attention with a slightly awkward wave.

 

 

 

It was as awkward as it could be and Jongin could feel it all the way to his bones.

 

 

 

She turned around to face him slowly, almost languorously before breaking into a soft smile. This same smile turned into a smirk and then became a smug. There it is, the mocking.

 

 

 

"Hey," she said back on a light and friendly tone. He wasn't about to be fooled, he knew better.

 

"Still in that emo phase I see."

 

"Still a I see." Her smile faded.

 

 

They stayed there glaring at each other for a while before she sighed and unfolded her arms to let them fall helplessly beside her. The walls were down. The field is clear.

 

 

"You look beautiful," Jongin said before he could notice his slip. He probably hesitated a bit to say it but did it anyway because she was just so stunning.

 

"You don't look too bad yourself, 'It' boy."

 

 

It was always like that. There was this strange zone where friendship and enmity coexisted which allowed them to tease each other constantly. That's what happens when one of your closest friends becomes your ex.

 

 

"Will you stop calling me like that?" he grimaced before leaning closer to her to let another drunk boy pass through.

 

"Isn't that what you are?" Seulgi said as she took a step back.

 

 

 

No that's not what he was and she knew it. Seulgi always found funny how Jongin of all people turned out to be the main center of attention at their university by doing absolutely nothing. She knew how much of an introvert he was.

 

 

"Why are you here anyway? That's not your typical Friday night schedule," he said before putting his hands into his pockets.

 

"Me? I'm here because of Seungwan," she answered with a shrug. "She bet I would want to stay for the night if I went through 10 minutes of any Chanyeol's welcoming party."

 

"And is Seugnwan about to win the bet or—"

 

"I am winning of course, do you really think I would stay for the night? Me Jongin?" Seulgi emphasized to show her surprise.

 

"No you wouldn't," he said before suppressing a smile.

 

"Who is Chanyeol by the way? I keep hearing his name but I still have no idea of who he is," she asked.

 

"You see the tall and lean guy dancing weirdly in the centre? That's him," Jongin let her know with a chuckle. She was totally unaware of the popular ones at their school and that was no surprise considered that she was even more unbothered by the stupid hierarchy imposed on them by the other popular jocks. "What did the two of you bet on for a haughty lady like you to come waste your time in this mess?"

 

"Cookies," Seulgi answered as her eyes started to gleam in the dark room even if her chic lady façade was still on. "She said she would make me cookies for three weeks if I came, so I did. That was so worth it, thinking of it now. I just have to stand by the door and wait until time's over before scurrying back home. It's only ten minutes."

 

"You had other plans?" he asked carefully.

 

"Well, I wanted to watch the rerun of Goblin before the next episode comes out under a warm blanket with some ice cream but I guess that'll have to wait."

 

"That's so you," he chuckled.

 

"Thank you I guess?" Seulgi softly giggled. "Is that even a compliment?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter