Blood Related

Bromance?!

The smell of the chicken soup on the stove mixed in the air so that it could be smell in the kitchen. The young man in front of the stove stirred the steaming soup then took a sip from it. The delicious taste immediately spread in his mouth and he gulped it down his troath, his lips curved up to a satisfied smile. You could say, he was impressed with his own cooking skill, the chicken soup was seasoned perfectly and tasted great like he wanted it to be.

He wore the gloves he took out of the closet and carried the hot pot with the soup in another room where 3 young men awaited him. The men who sat side by side, cheered in joy as the cook brought the food before them. Various kind of foods were already placed on the squared table: the four round plates were filled with rice and four other plates were filled with freshly cooked vegetables and eggs.

The cook took place in front of the tallest guy of the four. 

Actually he was just a few inches taller than the others but he was really proud of his height and liked to brag about it to annoy the others. The truth was each of them had his own unique feature he could brag about. One was the tallest. The handsome guy on the right of the cook could be called the funniest and the third on the cook’s left side was not only cute but smart too. The cook was „just normal“ according to himself but many would discribe him like that: He was a calm but not shy person, sweet but can be serious sometimes if he needed to. He was also called the beautiful one who wouldn’t use his stunning appearance to his advantage. That was the 26 years old Lee Jong-Suk, the young cook who was responsible for nourishing his family. Yeah, you could say that the four of them were like brothers since their childhood.  

Lee Jong-Suk looked at the tallest guy, they gave each others a genuine smile. That smile made the two remaining speechless, they glanced at each others faces but only the cutest of them seemed to like the intimacy between them and giggled by himself.

Song Joong-Ki, the cutest of them, was also with his 24 years old the third youngest and shortest of them.

He took a deep breath to smell the food in the air. „It smelt too good, Jong-Suk Hyung“, he said with a pleased look wirrten on his face. His eyes fell on the guy in front of him, „Right, In-Ah Hyung?“

The question was directed at the 24 years old Yoo Ah-In, the funniest between them. In-Ah who had his hand leaned on his cheek, didn’t pay the soup any attention but instead Lee Jong-Suk. Sure, he didn’t hear the other talk to him.

  „Yah, In-Ah Ya!“, he screamed to turn his attention to him. He was really irritated for being ignored or maybe for being unnoticed by him.

The scream brought Yoo-Ah’s attention back to the others. As he looked around, he realized the eyes of the others were on him. He blushed from embarrassment.

  „Yeah, like always“, he replied to break the silence between them but the others knew that this reply was an attempt to lessen the awkwardness in the air.

They just played along and nodded their heads to aknowledge the fact that Jong Suk was a better cook than them. For them he was more like a magiscian who could conjure delicious food with his gentle hands. However Jong-Suk clapped his hands together and starred at them. Everyone knew what this gesture meant: It was a question who would do the grace this evening.

Nobody of them felt addressed. Jong-Suk realized long time ago that till now he was the only one who kept their tradition praying before the meal. He knew that the others only pray in front of him but overlooked it at break at work. Since he couldn’t force them to follow their tradition, he just let it slide this time. He just sighed, closed his eyes then did the grace.

This time the prayer didn’t last long since he didn’t want them to wait too long for the food since they seemed to be hungry. As he opened his eyes, he saw a surprise happening before him: They were already eating and quietly digging in the soup so he won’t notice it. They sopped filling their mouth with food as they noticed his eyes filled with disappointment.

Jng Suk was about to slap their heads as they reacted fast by clapping their hands together and starring at him with their pitifulst looking eyes. It was an attempt to save themselves from being hit.

  „They looked like puppies“, Jong-Suk thought about it. „What are you? Kids?“, he asked them a rhetorical question.

  „Sorry?“, the three men apologized in a exaggerated sweet way. 

Jong-Suk, the oldest of them, just shook his head, sighed then ate his food in silence. He tried to hold his laughter to act disapointed but failed to do so. As he couldn’t hold it anymore, he giggled by himself. This brought a smile on the faces of the rest. They ate together, talked about their daily lives and the funny things happening at work like they always do every evening.  

A relaxed atmosphere laid in the air. Anyone who saw the picture of this four handsome men would say they were a happy family and would do anything for each others. Unfortunately nobody of them knew at that time that this happy life wouldn’t last forvever. They thought they could stay like this till they grew old and die together but destiny planed something different for them. Something they never expected would happen to them. The cause of this seperation would be two things: a single lie from the past and a love triangle caused from the lie.  

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A few hours later!

 

Yoo Ah-In and the tallest guy were doing the chores while Joong-Ki was clearing up the kitchen. This was their everyday task they held every evening. They would gather after work in the living room, Lee Jong-Suk would cook for them and the three other would do the rest like clearing up the dished and cleaning the kitchen.

Yoo Ah-In placed the last plate in the closet and Joong-Ki cleaned up the last dirt on the oven. They were all tired for the cleaning. Joong-Ki tapped on his back to soothe the back pain. The three of them returned in the living room only to find Lee Jong-Suk lying on his back on the couch with his arms crossed over his belly. He snorted quietly like a five years old child who was tired from playing too much the whole day. The three stayed in raw as if they were lining up and waiting for the bus to arrive soon.

    „How cute“, Joong-Ki talked first to break the silence between them.

He kneeled down, his hand reached Jong-Suk’s shoulder and he shook him up but failed to wake him up. His older brother didn’t even bother to open his eyes or to make a reaction that he sensed his touching.

  „Why’s he always so hard to wake up?“, he said out of frustration.

Joong-Ki shook him harder than before but it didn’t work either. Jong-Suk just munched something in his sleep, turned away and unknowingly slapped the hand away from his shoulder. Yoo Ah-In couldn’t hold his laughter and giggled at his brother for being clumsy. 

The third youngest wanted to pinch him but suddenly another hand hold grip on his wrist. He turned to see the person who prevented him from waking him up. It was none other than the tallest guy standing next to him.  

  „Don’t wake him up. It would be too bad to bother him in his peaceful sleep“, he explained in a calm way.

Jong-Ki glanced over to Ah-In to see his reaction. The latter just remained calm and starred at the sleeping beauty in front of them as if a spell was casted on him. He shrugged his shoulder to accept the reality that he was the only normal who wasn’t under the spell of the sleeping beauty. After Ah-In and Joong-Ki bid their farewell, the tallest guy followed them out of courtesy to see them off.

The four of them were like brothers but they live separated since two years. Joong-Ki had to live near his work and Ah-In didn’t want to leave him alone so the two shared an apartment. On the other hand Jong-Suk and the tallest guy lived together too.

As the two took the way back to their home, he returned to Jong-Suk, waited in front of him and looked at him for a long moment. He took a deep breath, placed an arm under Jong-Suk’s legs and the other arm under his shoulders then carried him on his arms.

Beside eating and chatting together with his brothers, carrying Jong-Suk in his arms was another ritual he began to do for six years now. Every time Jong-Suk fell asleep in the couch, he would always carry him like that in his bedroom. Thanks god his older brother was a heavy sleeper so he didn’t realize yet that every time he fall asleep, he had to carry him like a girl to his room.

He went in a direction, walked carefully step by steps to not wake him up. Every time he carried him in his arms, only a thought would cross his mind: How could this guy maintain his weigh even if he eat so much sweet in the day. It was like a mystery he wanted to resolve.

Arriving in the bedroom, he gently laid him on the bed then undressed him but left him sleep in his boxershort. Since he knew his brother hated heat and felt hot easily, he didn’t try to dress him with his pajama. He just covered the blanket up to his belly so he won’t feel hot or catch a cold either. He lighted up the lamp then sat down beside him on the edge of the bed.

The sleeping Jong-Suk caught his attention. He starred at his white porcelain like skin then at his beautiful eyes and at his pretty face. His eyes went down tohis  red pouty lips…

Those lips were robbing him from any senses. They were hypnotizing him to touch them, to place his lips on them and kiss him… The tallest guy felt tempted, it was a temptation he couldn’t resist. His hand reached for Jong-Suk’s cheek and his thumb gently caressed his soft skin. He was about to touch those lips… Wait! No, it wasn’t right. He wasn’t  really related with Yoo Ah-In and Song Joong-Ki by blood but it was something different with Lee Jong-Suk. Jong Suk was his Hyung related by blood so he shouldn’t have such kind of thought in his mind.

  „He’s your Hyung, Woo-Bin-Ah. You’re not really into “, he repeated like a chant over and over again. It felt like his heart would finally listen to him if he repeated those words many times in a raw.

But his heart didn’t listen to him, it skipped a beat whenever he looked at his Hyung. He slapped his cheeks to banish the dirty thought from his head. All the sudden Jong Suk turned away from him as if he sensed his dongsaeng was fighting with himself over his feelings for him. The long scar on his back glowed under the light of the lamp. It was a burn from his right shoulder to his left hips. Woo-Bin slided his long fingers over the scar. Whenever he looked at this burn, a heavy feelings loaded on his chest. He would always blame himself for being unable to protect him.

Suddenly Jong-Suk moaned painfully in his sleep, he turned back to Woo-Bin, trembled all over his body.

A nightmare?

Woo-Bin knew immediately what he was dreaming about. It was the same ing nightmare he had every night. Jong-Suk’s suffering expression tortured him like hell. He wanted to hug him and promise him that everything’ll be alright but he couldn’t do that. Not with this kind of feelings he had for him. 

He stood up and walked a few steps in the room to refrain himself from hugging him. His fingers ran through his hair.

Jong-Suk was near me yet so far away to reach.

  „Why did he of all people have to be my Hyung?“, this question crossed his mind over and over. „Why do I have to fall in love with him?“, his heart hurted and threatened to shatter in pieces from pain.

 

 


 

 

My Comment: Finally I can upload the first chapter :) If you liked leave a comment so I can know your opinion about it :) Thanks