chapter 3

Speed Chaser

The silver Aventador made a turn to the right in the way of an abandoned warehouse which located on the suburb of Seoul. It pulled up in front of a roller door of the back entrance of the warehouse. A few seconds later, the door rolled up and Daehyun slowly drove his car inside.

There were a few cars parked in a row and there was a space in the middle for Daehyun to park his lambo. From the distance, he could see Zico’s smug face as he walked toward his car.

“Yo bro. It’s been a while since your last visit here.” Zico greeted Daehyun with their signature fist bump as soon as Daehyun stepped out of the car.

“I want to see the kid. What’s his progress?” Daehyun leaned on his car and crossed his arms, looking around the place to see if anything had changed. But everything stayed the same.

Zico followed Daehyun’s gaze before focusing back on the guy in front of him. “Nah, nothing changed. And the kid, how must I say this. He’s got the racing blood in him dude. He improved a lot in just a few weeks. I’ll go get him.”

“Thanks bro.” Daehyun gave a lazy smile as Zico went to get Suwoong. He looked to his side when he felt the presence of someone.

“It’s been a while since last you been here.”

Daehyun chuckled, “That’s what Zico said too. I’m just busy with work.”

“Yeah like it is something new. Or.. you got yourself some hot chick huh? Too heartbroken to be dumped by me.” The girl let out a laugh, which made Daehyun smiled.

“Hey, I was the one that dumped you.”

“Nu-uh. It was me.” They laughed, nudging each other playfully. “I’m glad we could be friends. I miss your bad jokes.”

“Nah, you were the one that always made those bad jokes and I had to tell you to stop.”

“Hey baby, when did you get here?” Sora made her way to her boyfriend and kissed him on the lips. Zico wrapped his arms around the petite girl’s waist and Suwoong whom had been standing behind Zico looked away awkwardly.

“Just got here and saw Daehyun here. So I talked to him a lil bit.” She smiled at her boyfriend.

“That’s good. This guy here just getting busier to visit us nowadays huh?” Zico chuckled and Daehyun just rolled his eyes playfully. “By the way Suwoong, Daehyun wants to see you. So I’ll let you guys alone. Let’s go baby.” Zico nudged Suwoong to Daehyun before he left with his girlfriend in his arms.

Suwoong stood nervously in front of Daehyun as the latter took a look at him from head to toe. He reached out his hand to introduce himself to the younger with a smile on his face, “I’m Daehyun. And I don’t eat people. Maybe I do..”

The younger took the hand and shook it lightly, clearing his throat before introducing himself. “S-Suwoong. Nice to finally meet you in person.”

Daehyun gestured for Suwoong to lean on the car and the latter complied, glancing nervously at the guy next to him and the reason why he was here in Zico’s place. He was thankful for Daehyun. Because at least, he was one step ahead in achieving his dream though it was illegal.

They stood in silence for a moment until Daehyun asked Suwoong about his background. The young guy had no parents and he lived at the orphanage until they decided he was already an adult to let him go without nowhere to go. Fortunately he found a middle age man in the middle of night that took him home, gave him shelter and food. The man had no family. No wife. No kids. He was alone. One day, he took Suwoong to see a race and when he saw how excited Suwoong was when they got home, the man showed him a car. It was old but gold. He learned how to drive and the man taught him everything. Until he felt he was good enough, he tried to join a race in which his fate changed when his skills noticed by Daehyun.

After Zico took him, he was glad to be able to be a part of their family. They were all nice to him and showed him new skills which he easily learned, surprising them all. It surprised him a lot when most of them said Daehyun was the one that took them in to be part of the family.

While listening to Suwoong’s story, Daehyun was glad to be able to help the younger and he was thinking of something. “Hey Suwoong. Do you want to race for me? I promise, if you win, you’ll get an Evo as your first car.”

“You gotta be kidding me! Hell yeah!” Daehyun chuckled when he saw the excited look on Suwoong’s face. He had never seen someone smiled so widely.

 

 

“Uppie, let me go with you and Zelo please?” Youngjae was clinging to Jongup’s arm as the boy was getting ready to go to the rendezvous. Jongup peeled his brother’s hand off his arm and looked at himself in the mirror, fixing his shirt and hair.

“Why hyung? You were never interested to go see the race? That one time you went was because Himchan hyung took you there because no one was home?”

“See! That’s the reason why I should go. No one is home tonight. What if I burn the house again?” Youngjae was wailing his arms around and almost hit Jongup in the face if not for the quick reflex of the college boy.

“Hyung, that was when you were 12!” Jongup rolled his eyes as he walked out of his room with Youngjae following him like an obedient puppy.

“Doesn’t matter. Just let me go please?”

There it was. Something that Jongup always felt uncomfortable to see because he could not ignore that look ever since he was a kid. Youngjae with a kicked puppy face.

“Aish hyung, you know bike is invented for two people only?”

“Uhm then you take me to Himchan and Yongguk hyung’s garage so I can go with them? Then you can come back here and take Zelo with you.”

“…Fine. Just get ready quickly. I’ll be waiting on the bike and tell Zelo about it.”

“YES! Thank you, Uppie!” Youngjae grinned widely and kissed his younger brother on the cheek before he ran to his room then got changed quickly.

Jongup smiled, shaking his head as he walked out and wondering what has gotten into Youngjae’s mind lately. First, he never liked watching the race. Second, he only acts cute when he really really wants something. So there must be a reason why he was so desperate begging for Jongup to let him go with him.

When they arrived at their usual place, Youngjae slowly followed behind his brothers as his eyes looking around like a hawk to spot someone. The crowd made it hard for him to see in between them and Youngjae just ignored the whistle of a few people toward him. Besides, the loud music blared from the speaker of one of the car really irritated him a lot.

Youngjae decided he would just sit on the hood of his brother’s car as those two went to wherever they wanted to. Maybe going to greet their friends.

He hummed to a song that just popped up his head and did not realize someone was approaching him from the right. When that person propped his hand beside Youngjae did he realize someone was there.

“Hey cutie. What you doing here alone? Mind if I keep you company?” The man gave a flirty wink and Youngjae thought it was disgusting.

“No. I prefer to be alone. Thank you. Your presence here does not please me so please leave.”

“Wow, quite feisty aren’t we?” The man chuckled and Youngjae slowly felt like his patience going low. He jumped off the car and about to walk away when the former grabbed onto his arm, pulling him back against his chest as Youngjae struggled, “Let’s have some fun first hm?”

“Let him go!” Youngjae looked up and sighed in relief when he saw Yongguk giving a sharp glare to the man bothering his little brother. The grip on his arm slowly becoming loose. Without wasting no time, Youngjae quickly ran to his brother and hid behind him.

The man put up his hands in surrender, “Sorry dude, didn’t know he’s yours.”

“He’s my brother. You dare lay a finger on him again, I snap your head off your body.” Threat lacing his calm tone.

As Yongguk was settling with that guy, Youngjae spotted Daehyun just coming out from his car, dressed in all black like the last time he saw him. Youngjae quickly weaved between the bodies of people to get to Daehyun before he could greet anyone. He just did not want to interrupt if Daehyun talked to someone, okay?

“Daehyun!”

Daehyun looked around when he heard his name being called by that voice he adored so much. His lips stretched into a big smile when he saw Youngjae walking toward him.

“Yeah? Finally decide not to ignore me?” His amused smile stayed on his face as he watched Youngjae fiddling with his fingers nervously, his eyes looked anywhere but Daehyun.

“I-I just want to apologize. I was rude to you… you know, I could not let my guard down with strangers. I know you are friends with my brothers but I just couldn’t trust you before this. That explained my behaviour..” Youngjae let out a sigh when he finished his sentence, too nervous to look at Daehyun’s face.

The guy in front of him chuckled, ruffling his fluffy hair fondly. “It’s okay. I know you apologize because you found out I am your boss right? Besides, I keep everything professional at work. You don’t have to worry if I will fire you or not.”

“Really?” Daehyun was at loss for words when Youngjae looked up at him with those big eyes, blinking innocently and his hair almost covering his eyes.

“Y-Yeah.” Damn it, why did I stutter.

Youngjae’s lips stretched into a wide smile and he turned around to go back to where his brothers were but he turned around again after he was a few steps ahead, “By the way, thank you.”

Daehyun put his hand on his chest, feeling his heart beating rapidly against his ribcage. His hands trembling to reach out to Youngjae but his crush was already in crowd and he was at loss for words again. Damn, why he must be so cute. Too bad he already has a boyfriend..

 

 

Daehyun’s black Audi pulled up in front of Himchan and Yongguk’s garage. It was almost 10 pm and the garage door was half opened because they were closing in a few minutes. Daehyun walked inside through the half opened door, looking around for his friends because it was really quiet like nobody was there. Unusual.

He sighed in relief when Yongguk emerged from the room at the back with Himchan tailing behind him. Daehyun swore those two could never be separated. If they got married, they would probably build a house next to each other.

“Yo bro, I thought you were gonna be a bit late.” Himchan said as he started to put away all the tools in its place and clicked on a switch on the wall to close the door fully.

“Was bored at home so I came a bit early.” Daehyun hummed with his hands on his hips, walking aimlessly.

“Make your at home. Those two kids are sleeping on the loft. Wake them up. They been sleeping since 7.” Yongguk told him as he walked back to the room at the back.

Daehyun nodded though Yongguk could not see it. He walked upstairs and chuckled when he saw the kids sprawling on the floor, one with book covering his face and the other got drool trailing down his cheek. Nudging both of them with his leg, the two of them made no move.

“Yah yah, your teacher is here!” Okay, that seemed to work since Zelo was the first to jump up with his book flying, almost hitting Daehyun on the face.

“I DIDN’T SKIP CLASS I SWEAR!”

Daehyun could not hold his laugh and he fell on his from laughing out loud, Zelo was looking at him with bewildered expression before he realized it. He had been fooled by none other than Jung Daehyun.

“What the hell hyung!”

Jongup on the other hand, slowly woke up to the loud voice of Zelo screaming at someone and the other one laughing their off.

Yongguk and Himchan came upstairs after they finished their work, shaking their head when they saw Daehyun was in a headlock of a tall boy screaming for help.

“Zelo, let him go.” Yongguk calmly said as he sat down on the couch, putting Zelo and Jongup’s books on a stack.

Daehyun took a deep breath and ran away from Zelo. Never in his life would he do that again to the boy because he underestimated the strength of that boy.

Himchan got them each a can of beer and a soda for Zelo because he was not legal yet. He might be in his senior year but he did not turn 18 yet. Zelo pouted and took the can anyway, he was thirsty after the fight he had with Daehyun.

They were hanging out like usual when suddenly, Daehyun seemed to think of something. “Hey Chan, why you didn’t tell me Youngjae has a boyfriend huh?”

Himchan spurted out his drink, staring wide eyed at Daehyun. “WHAT?! How? When? What?”

“Uh, I saw them the other day. Youngjae introduced that guy to me. His name was.. JiHyun? No.. AH! Jihoon.”

“DOUBLE WHAT?! I thought Youngjae and that guy were over long time ago. Aish.. I don’t like that guy at all.” Himchan huffed and crossed his arms, thinking what he should do to make Youngjae left that guy.

“I don’t like that guy too hyung. Me and Jongup always see him being drunk, and there were always girls clinging to him each time we spot him. He’s really not good for our Jaejae hyung!”

“Right. That one time I went to a club with my friends, I saw him kissing with some girls.” Jongup spoke up.

Himchan could not think of anything, he just saw red and wanted to beat that Jihoon for cheating on his precious younger brother. “I need to make Youngjae leaves that .”

“What’s the plan?” Yongguk asked.

“We are in for whatever you want to do.” Zelo said and he fist bumped with Jongup with a knowing grin on their face.

“Okay, so here’s the plan..”

 


I'm sorry with the boring chapter. Should I promise the chapters after this will be full of daejae? I might get killed if I was found lying.

COmments and subscribes and upvotes are loved. Thank you <3