chapter 2

Speed Chaser

 

Youngjae was in a trance until the familiar voice called his name for the second time. He blinked, not really believing who was standing in front of him. Gulping down the lump in his throat, he was about to say something when the CEO’s assistant interrupted their little moment.

“Excuse me sir. But Mr Yoo Youngjae here will be your assistant for three months before he could get a higher position.” She finished her words and looked between the both guys, “Do you need anything else before I go?”

“Nothing. Thank you, Yoonmin.” Daehyun kept looking at Youngjae though his gaze was completely professional, making the guy standing in front of him nervous. Youngjae felt like hiding under the desk at the moment because never in his mind would he thought Daehyun would be his boss. Moreover, he was being quite rude to Daehyun a few days before. Well, it was not his fault that the guy was being flirty to him and he expected Daehyun to just be his brothers’ rich friend but, guess he was wrong.

“I’m Yoo Youngjae. Nice to meet you and please take care of me.” Youngjae bowed to his boss and tried to avoid his gaze.

“Nice to meet you too. Come on, I will introduce you to everyone.”

Daehyun turned around towards his workers and cleared his throat, “Attention! Today, I want to introduce to you your new co-worker who will be working as my assistant. I expect you guys to help him with any problem.”. He turned to Youngjae, gesturing for the guy to introduce himself.

Youngjae nervously stepped in front and bowed to his co-workers before introducing himself. “Hello. My name is Yoo Youngjae. I’m excited to work here with you guys and please take care of me.”

He heard a few whispers between the guys and the ladies but he was not sure what they were whispering about but he hoped it was not something bad.

Daehyun went to his room after telling Youngjae he would email him the details of what he needed to do as his assistant and Youngjae settled down at his desk again, heaving a sigh. He still was thinking whether Daehyun would get revenge on him by giving a lot of works and making him do something that he was not able to do. Though he told Himchan he just went to the interview just for fun, he still felt grateful to get to work at the big company. Well, it was hard to find a job especially for a fresh graduate like him. He tried to steal a glance into Daehyun’s room, just to see his boss was diligently working.

Heaving a sigh, he went on his email to check if he already got the email but it was still empty. He tapped his table and stole another glance into the room but Daehyun was still typing on his computer. Should he apologize? But how? That was playing on his mind for quite a while until he noticed someone came up to his cubicle.

“Yes. May I help you Mr..?” Youngjae looked up and gave his brightest smile.

“I’m Seungjun. Nice to meet you. I just want to introduce myself and those ladies over there kept pushing me to talk to you.” Seungjun scratches his nape nervously and tried to give his best smile.

Youngjae kept the smile on his face and he peeked behind Seungjun’s to see the group of ladies he was talking about. The ladies looked older than him- well, looks like he was the youngest one there. They were smiling sweetly at him and even gave a small shy wave of hand, which he returned happily.

“Nice to meet you too, Seungjun. I am glad to meet all the employees here and thank you, you know, for talking to me. I’m bored. Oh by the way, may I ask you something?”

“Uh sure.. what is it?”

Youngjae took a glance to the room before lowering his volume, “What is our boss like?”

“Oh! Don’t worry about him. He’s always being professional in his work and he treats us fine. Unless you get on the bad side of him. But overall, he’s a nice person.” Seungjun ended with a smile on his face but that only made Youngjae’s nervousness went a level down. Better than nothing right?

His eyes wandered to the desktop and an email notification popped up on the screen. Immediately, he clicked on the notification to check the email. The name of Jung Daehyun was on the screen and he turned to his co-worker.

“Uhm nice to meet you again, Seungjun but guess the boss just gave me some works to do. Talk to you later.”

“Well that’s fine. Want to go lunch with us today? I mean, I always go out with the ladies so maybe we can have a little ice breaking.”

Youngjae smiled and nodded, excited to make some friends. “Sure. See you later.”

 

 

It was late when Youngjae received a text message from his boyfriend to meet him at the club nearby his brothers’ garage. He did not feel like going out but it was hard to meet with his boyfriend lately because they guy had been saying he was busy with works and he was not fond with clubbing. Since Youngjae got back from abroad, he met his boyfriend not more than 5 times. He missed him so much but his boyfriend never uttered the words back to him.

After he got ready, he sent a text to his eldest brother saying he went out for a while and not to worry. He knew if he told Himchan, his brother would never let him go out alone. Especially when it was already late.

Youngjae walked down the street to the club, noticing his boyfriend leaning against the wall outside of the club while smoking. He never knew when his boyfriend had started smoking.

When they made eye contact, Youngjae smiled brightly and jogged down to his boyfriend then gave him a small peck on the lips. “I miss you so much.”

His boyfriend smiled and pecked his lips back before wrapping his arms around Youngjae. “Sorry I make you come late at night. I just want to see. It’s been a while right?”

Youngjae nodded, his head leaning on his boyfriend’s shoulder. “Yeah. How’s your work?”

“I’m busy with work. A lot to do.”

Youngjae did not say anything and they stayed like that for a few minutes before his boyfriend started talking again. “You want to grab some ice cream?”

“Sure.”

They walked to the ice cream store and bought one for each of them. Youngjae liked vanilla flavoured a lot but seemed like his boyfriend forgot because he got him a chocolate. He smiled, not saying anything as he took the ice cream.

Youngjae held his boyfriend’s hand as they walked to the park. Not many people were around because it was already late night but he saw a few people were still around in the park. They sat down on a bench and Youngjae leaned his head on his boyfriend’s shoulder.

“It’s been a while since we came here right?” Youngjae said, his lips stretched into a small smile as he reminisced their moments in the park. How they first met at the park, how they shared their first kiss at the same park. It was all great and Youngjae never felt giddier when his sweet boyfriend said those words of ‘I love you’.

He was disappointed when he received a hum from his boyfriend but he kept the smile on his face. Maybe it was his fault that he felt distance between them because he wanted to study abroad for a few years but he never forgot his boyfriend. Always making time to make phone calls, send him text messages to wish ‘Good morning’, ‘Good night and sweet dream’, try to make video call once a week. But things started to feel strange after a few months when his boyfriend kept saying he was busy and could not spend time with him through texts and calls.

Once they finished their ice cream, they decided to leave since not much was said but Youngjae enjoyed the moment because he missed his boyfriend a lot.

Youngjae bumped into someone when he was too mesmerized by his boyfriend and did not realize someone was walking into him. That person hissed softly and they made eye contact.

“Daehyun?”

Daehyun blinked and he looked down at the intertwined hands of Youngjae and the guy he never met.

“Who is this, Jae?” his boyfriend asked.

“This is my boss. Jung Daehyun.”

Daehyun coughed awkwardly and introduced himself, trying his hardest to smile but it only looked like a sneer.

“Dae- I mean, Mr Jung, this is my boyfriend, Jihoon.”

Daehyun heard his heart shattered into pieces when the word ‘my boyfriend’ flew out of Youngjae’s mouth. That moment he realized, he liked Youngjae a lot. Though they only had met a few times.

 

 

 


hiii, just a short  and boring update here. yeah in the previous chapter i told you guys i have written until chapter 3. but guess what, it got deleted because of ing virus and i forgot to make backup. yeah that's it. anyway, i will try to update again a short time. 

so, how long has it been since its last update...

comments, subscribes and upvotes are loved. <3 thanks to those who commented. i appreciate it a lot when you guys want this to get updated ;' )