chapter 1

Just go with it

Are waiting for someone?” the waitress asks. She gives me another look and then smiles politely. I nod, to let her know that I will wait a little bit more, as I told her minutes ago. I know that the seat in front of me it's still empty, but I don't get why everyone is pressuring me. It's not like I'm lying.

He will be here soon” I say, not really answering the question. She smiles again and walk away.

I check my phone, again. No text, no calls. I know he's always busy with work, but we were supposed to have a date half an hour ago. And it's not the first time that this happens. I try again to call him again, and again nobody answers. I'm starting to feel bad, maybe he forgot. My heart sinks.

Outside the windows, the snow is falling quietly.

Suddenly someone sits in front of me, and I start. I look up happily, ready to find my beloved one with a smile on his face, but instead I find myself in front of a stranger.

Wait, who are you?” I ask at the guy who just took the empty seat in front of me.

Sorry for making you wait. There's a lot of traffic tonight.” He smiles and takes off his jacket.

My face must be really shocked because he laughs lightly. “I'm Sanghyuk.” he whispers. “Just go with it, yeah? Whoever didn’t bother to show up is a .”
My hearts sinks more deeply, a pain blooms in my chest. He's really a , a good boyfriend would never do something like this. At least not more that twice.

I don't know you, what do you want from me?” I ask Sanghyuk. Even if it's a convenient one, I don't trust this kind of situation.

The waiter thought I was your date since I entered the restaurant in a hurry and looked around.” he explained. “To be honest I entered the wrong place, but you looked so so sad and I didn't want to let the waitress down, so here I am.”

You don't have to pity me, you can go. I was just leaving anyway.” I take my phone from the table and stuff it in the pocket of my jacket.

Please, don't leave.” he says. I look up and he's not smiling anymore. “Can I at least offer you dinner?”

As I said, there's no need to pity me.” I answer dryly. I don't want a random stranger to treat me like that, I already feel bad about myself without anyone pushing it.

I am not pitying you. I just think you're cute and interesting.” he says, looking a me in the eyes. For whatever reason, I feel myself blushing. “Would you tell me your name?” he smiles weakly.

I sigh, leaning on the back of the chair. “Taekwoon.”
He grins, knowing he has won. “Nice to meet you, Taekwoon.”

A couple of hours later we're going out of the restaurant laughing. Maybe too much wine, maybe too much Sanghyuk. I think I might be in trouble. What started as a totally random dinner finished with the place in my heart taken by a stranger. He's so tall, so handsome. And so dangerously younger. Would this even work? He looks so mature, so adult. Definitely more adult than me, that's for sure. His long coat makes him look even more handsome and tall. His blonde hair shines a little with the lights of the street, his smile makes me dizzy. Can you really fall in love so quickly?

We walk side by side, our shoulders slightly touching. As we arrive in the dark parking lot I stop in front of my car. He looks at me, and I'm sad that this dream ended so fast.

I have a strange question for you.” he says with a smile barely visible in the darkness.
“Tell me” I look up at him, trying to catch his stunning features.

Can I kiss you?”

The world stops. My hearts stops. Is this really happening? I want this to happen. But yet, I have a boyfriend. A of a boyfriend, but still one. I can't. And this honestly makes me so sad.

I'm sorry, but...”
“I told you it was a strange question” he laughs nervously, backing off. “You're not gay, I underst–”

It's not that.” I interrupt him. I lower my head, and my breathes form small clouds. “I have a boyfriend.”
He sighs too in the dark. “I see.”

Things aren't going well but... I can't cheat on him. I'm sorry. It's not your fault.”
“Can we still be friends?”

Of course we can” I look at him with a sad smile.
Driving usually soothes me, but now I can't think anything else. After exchanging numbers and a promise of meeting again we had to say goodbye to each others.
Would the thought of us really feel this right if it wasn't? Maybe I need to reconsider my life choices.