Epilogue #1

Heartbroken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'' She's coming, right? '' Dara asked. 

She, Jiyong, Seungri, and Chaerin were having dinner together in their house. 

'' Of course, she would. If she didn't come to my wedding then I swear I'll kill her  '' Chaerin replied. Yes, Chaerin was getting married to none other than Seungri. They have been engaged for a year and finally decided to tie the knot. 

Everyone was devastated after Ji Hyun left and no matter how much they tried to reach her or know where she is, no one could. After 7 months of her leave, she decided to finally call them but never told them where she was. Even her family. Chaerin was the first one to get called and after bombarding her with questions she tried to tell her about what happened with Mi Sun but as soon as Ji Hyun heard the topic she closed the phone and on the second time she warned her and told her that she didn't want to hear anything about them. Chaerin and everyone else, all tried to tell her the truth but she refused to listen.

'' Did she tell you when? '' Jiyong questioned 

'' No, she said she wanted to make it a surprise '' Chaerin replied and rolled her eyes. 

'' What will happen when she'll come and knows the truth? '' Dara suddenly asked and everyone fell silent. 

'' Hyung is still in love her '' Seungri confidently announced 

'' Yeah, or else he wouldn't be like a dead person all the time for the past 4 years '' Jiyong added 

'' I just hope they forget about everything and start all over again. They already lost a lot of time '' Dara hopefully yet sadly spoke 

'' Yes, I just hope Ji Hyun won't do something stupid once she knows the truth '' Chaerin remarked

'' What do you mean? '' Seungri asked

'' When she know that she willingly let everything fall apart, I hope she won't blame herself and just forget about what happened '' she explained and everyone went silent again. 

'' Mommy '' a small angelic voice suddenly said

'' Jisoo, baby why are up till now?  '' Jiyong asked and went to pick his little daughter. Two months after Ji Hyun left, Dara found out that she was pregnant everyone was happy about the news unless one person who tried too hard to look thrilled but couldn't. And a few months later Jiyong and Dara had their first baby boy and two years after they had another girl. 

'' I couldn't sleep with my boo '' little Jisoo explain making everyone chuckle. Boo was a small teddy bear Seung Hyun brought her and ever since that day she never went anywhere without it. Even while sleeping. 

'' Okay little princess let's go and look for it '' and then Jiyong took his daughter and left leaving the other three to get back to thinking again.

 

'' We should do something to make them get back together '' Seungri suggested 

'' Like what? '' Dara asked 

'' I don't know, but we can surely think of something '' 

 

The three friends talked for another hour but eventually, Chaerin and Seungri had to leave. Everyone was excited about this wedding and even happier when they knew that Ji Hyun was coming back to attend it. Especially one particular person.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________

Seung Hyun pov: 

 

'' Is that all for today? ''

'' Yes sir, I also cleared your schedule for the rest of the week like you asked '' my secretary announced

'' Good, see you in a week then? '' I asked and she nodded and left. 

It was already past 9 pm and I was still working in the office. Actually, that was what I have been doing for the past three years. Drowning myself in work. The first year, I spent every day and every way to know where Ji Hyun was and go to her and convince her to come back to me. And I did it actually, I knew where she was. But no one knew that I kept it to myself and Hye Yoon. 

 

She was living in London at that time I found her, and I have no idea if she still does. But something tells me she moved, I got everything ready and I was more than eager to see her again and hold her in my arms but I chickened out in the last moment, just a few minutes before the plane take off. What if she didn't want to come back with me? what if she stopped loving me? what if she's still hurt? what if she didn't believe me? I had tons of questions and they made me afraid to face her. 

 

I went back home that day defeated only to find Hye Yoon already there. Upon seeing how I looked she insisted on knowing what was happening and so I told her. She didn't say anything and a few days later, she came and told me that she said everything to her. My heart was beating fast and hope blossomed inside of me. 

 

I spend weeks if not months waiting for her to come back to at least to talk to me but she never did. Guess she didn't love me that much? or maybe she was tired of everything... 

 

My heart was broken all over again when I realized that. And slowly I tried to get back to normal. But I just couldn't, wherever I went and whatever I did, her image didn't leave my mind. I couldn't even leave the house we used to live in. I've had so many great memories in that house and they were the reason that kept me going. 

 

I still didn't lose hope that one day we'll be reunited. The best thing for me was to work and that's exactly what I did. Everyone else's life moved on and even though they had troubles sometimes they kept going. My sister had another baby girl and my parents have been happy with her more than ever. Jiyong and Dara also had two children and they are so cute whenever I go to visit them I forget about the whole world and even if it was for just some short while I feel light hearted and glad that children still live in a happy innocent world.

 

 

I can't deny that all of this made me a little more depressed because every time I see the children I think how it would be if I had my own. I would start imagining how great my life would have been if Ji Hyun and I had kids. I also believed that we would have at least two kids if nothing happened. 

 

There wasn't an occasion, a friend meeting or family gathering that I didn't think of her and wished she was by my side. I was longing for her and still do. Everyone must have felt or known that somehow because they'd always try to avoid bringing her up while talking or something but it didn't honestly bother me. I wanted to talk about her all the time. 

 

 

But these days, I somehow miss her more than I usually do. Maybe it was because of Seungri and Chaerin's wedding. Seeing how they have been through everything together made me lighthearted. I was happy for my friend to find someone as great as Chaerin. Even though I hurt her friend more than once and I was the reason she left her alone, she didn't fail in taking care of me sometimes and always checking on me. Sometimes we would even go drinking together and she would tell me about the time she spent with Ji Hyun while growing up. And trough this time, I realized that Ji Hyun really did the greatest thing ever by making her, her best friend. 

 

 

I've been genuinely happy about their marriage and it immediately reminded me of my wedding. I smiled remembering that time and how I refused it at first. I also went to check on our wedding photos and they made me laugh but also want to cry at the same time. Seeing how cold both of us looked while everyone else was happy made my heart ache a little bit. 

 

I've never thought that I'll be in love with her to this point but I never regretted it. Once I knew that she was coming back to attend the wedding made me so excited and that's why I worked more than usual so I can be free on the week of the wedding. Because I thought that maybe I'll have a chance to talk to her and make her realize that we had lost a lot of time already and we should start again. 

 

 

I didn't know which day she was coming but I was ready to go and live in the airport until I see her coming but then I thought against it. I was counting days until the day I'll see her. But only one thing was making so afraid.

 

 

 

 

What if she doesn't love me anymore?... 

 

 

 

 

 

________________

 

Ji Hyun pov: 

 

It's been already four years and two months since I left Seoul. At first, I went to Japan, I stayed there for almost a month and then moved to Paris. I've always dreamt of going there and once I did, I felt so lonely. It was like the couple city and wherever I looked there were couples everywhere which made me even more miserable. That was the time when I missed home so I decided to call but, of course, not telling them where I was. I knew if I did Seung Hyun will know and he'll follow me and he'll end up abandoning his son. 

 

After a few months in Paris, I decided to leave to London. And it was there where I got surprise

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter