Fall apart

Heartbroken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ji Hyun pov:

 

2 Days ago: 

 

Ever since that fateful day, I was practically a living a dead. I didn't leave Chaerin apartment, I didn't go to work, I only ate because Chaerin made me to and I've barely even talked to someone. It was just like a year ago except that this time the pain was much stronger that I was couldn't even function. 

 

None of this crap was supposed to happen. We were supposed to spend our first anniversary happy and together and then spend the rest of our lives together. I was finally feeling life again but it was like fate mocking me. 

 

Once I thought that everything was right, it went all wrong. I should have learned my lesson the last time but what can I do? huh? I don't know how I'll get back to normal this time.

 

Every time I try to sleep, I see them again and how they were laying on that bed. I couldn't even cry. It was like my body is still in shock and all of this is a like the worse nightmare. But I knew it was true.

 

 

Every day, when Seung Hyun comes to Chaerin's house and started begging me to talk to him, I know that this is true. And that my life has gone back to zero again. I can't be happy without getting hurt, can I? why does it have to happen to me? will it happen every time I love someone? 

 

Well, I don't think that I'll be able to love anyone after that nor trust them. I don't know how I am still managing to survive. Every time I hear his voice, I feel so weak and all I want to do is to open the door for him and hug him so tight and never let him go. But I can't do that, not after what happened and especially on the day of our anniversary? 

 

Did I mean something to him? anything at all? did he mean anything when he said he loved me? why did he do this to me? There were so many questions in my head that needed answers but sometimes I feel like I don't hear them because they'll hurt me more. 

 

 

It was almost two weeks, and nothing changed, it was only getting worse. One day, I was in laying on Chaerin's couch and she was getting ready to go to work. She was nagging me and saying that I should get out of the house and then she finally left. Finally some silence... 

 

Just as I started to feel relaxed and probably sleep a little to forget, the bell door ringed. I thought it was Chaerin so I woke up to open the door without checking who it was. And I felt all the blood rush to my legs.

 

'' Mi Sun '' I was about to close the door but she stopped me

'' Please listen to me, I have something to tell you '' she said and I found myself inviting her in. 

 

She sat on the couch and I stayed standing. I couldn't even look at her without wanting to throw up.

'' I have to tell you something '' she spoke. I looked at her without saying a word and waiting for her to continue '' You know about what happened between me and Seung Hyun two weeks ago '' 

My hands already turned into a fist '' I don't think you came to talk to me about this '' I tried to sound as calm as possible 

'' Yes you're right, well, I don't think this something that matters to you but I didn't have any other option '' she continued and suddenly her hand was placed on her tummy '' I've been trying to reach Seung Hyun but he didn't want to talk to me and this so important '' 

'' Come on say it '' I said. My heart was beating so fast and I was sure I wasn't going to like what I am about to hear...

'' I've been feeling unwell these days so I went to the doctor and that' when he told me the news '' she looked down at her tummy and smiled '' I am pregnant and it's Seung Hyun's baby '' she confessed proudly, her smile was even brighter.

 

What did she...? Pregnant?! In a matter of seconds, my stomach started to hurt and I couldn't swallow my breath. 

'' A-and what if y-you're l-lying? '' I stuttered. It was so hard acting strong...

'' I thought you'd say that so I brought you these '' she started looking for something in her bag and then she handed me an envelope.

 

With trembling hands, I took it and slowly opened it. There was a test result and it was indeed positive which meant she was really pregnant, it had her name and the date was only two days ago. And if that wasn't enough, there was also an ultrasound attached to them. 

 

I felt like all the blood left my body and my whole body was shaking. 

'' What do you want? '' I finally asked and she smirked

'' You don't want my baby to live without his father right? I am sure you're a good person and you won't want that '' 

'' You won't abort it? '' I found myself asking that

'' Of course not! '' she replied right away '' I won't do that to my baby and I am sure you'll do the right thing and my child will live with his father for sure '' she stated 

I almost fainted, who can things get this far? why can't I be happy? '' W-what do y-you m-mean? '' 

'' I want you to divorce Seung Hyun and never show him yourself. If you stayed her, he'll neglect my child and I don't want that, I am sure we'll go back together for the sake of our child '' she demanded 

'' Okay, I'll talk to him '' I voiced 

'' Okay, I'll leave then but I'll be waiting for good news '' she announced happily '' If you didn't do that then I'll make sure that you too will never see a happy day again '' she threatened and took herself and left. 

 

Once the door closed, my feets gave up on me and I hit the floor. I was still clutching on the papers and almost had a hyperventilation. God, why are you doing this to me? what did I do to deserve this? why can't I have a life like the others? why should be always suffering? 

 

I sat the on the floor and hugged my knees. What should I do? If I choose to stay with Seung Hyun, I am sure we'll never be the same again and I can't do that to a little child, I can't take his father away from him! However, if I accepted, I also won't be happy... god I feel so lost... 

 

I don't know for how long I stayed there but I only took notice of the time when Chaerin walked in and started asking why I was like that. 

 

'' Ji Hyun don't scare me '' Chaerin warned 

'' She's pregnant Chae '' I responded

'' What? what are you talking about? '' she asked probably confused with what I was saying 

'' Mi Sun, she's pregnant ''  I explained

'' What? '' she screamed '' Who told you? '' 

'' She did '' I enunciate and pushed the papers to her 

After she took a look on them she vocalized '' Oh god, what else can happen? and what will you do? '' 

'' I am going to get a divorce '' I announced 

'' WHAT? Ji Hyun, please think slowly this is not a joke, I mean, I know he screwed up and big but I am sure that you can find something without getting a divorce. You love him and even after what he did and that I know he loves you and- '' 

'' But there is a baby Chaerin, I can't do that '' 

'' But Ji Hyun, you should think about your happiness first '' she reasoned

'' It doesn't matter anymore Chae, it's already ruined '' I talked back and stood to go to the room 

'' Where are you going? '' 

'' I'll try to sleep '' I claimed. It was better if I stayed alone.

 

 

I spent the next day thinking about what I should do. And I finally made my decision. It was better if we got a divorce. I wasn't scared of Mi Sun's threat but somehow even if she didn't do anything we would still be unhappy together. This incident will affect us for years and when the child will be born things will get worse. He'll need to be with his child all the time and I won't be able to handle that very well. So it was better if we get a divorce and then I'll leave. It's true that I'll be more hurt than I even been but I'll get better with time and the baby will be able to live with Seung Hyun and why not he'll learn how to forget Mi Sun and they can be happy. I am kids are the best medicine to any couple and they are able to do miracles.

 

I couldn't, not to think of our families but I was sure they'll understand. Seung Hyun's family will get the heir they always wanted and my parents will get over it with time. I am sure they won't be happy about it but they have too. 

 

Seung Hyun too will forget everything once he'll see his baby and hold him in his arms and then he'll be able to forget about me. After all, we didn't live without other for years and with time he'll move on from me. 

 

It was weird that I thought of everyone but myself. Because I knew if I did, it will only bring me misery. I am expecting the next few months or years to be hard and lonely for me but I had hope that I'll feel better with time. 

 

 

I spent the next day thinking in my room and finally, I left it and went t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter