Her birthday

Heartbroken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seung Hyun pov:

 

It has been a week since Ji Hyun removed the splint and her hand has been better. It was hard at first. She would cry when she couldn't hold her chopstick properly or when she can't use her hand. Although it was hard I couldn't help but find her so cute. Especially, when she would pout. She looks like a little girl crying because she couldn't get what she wanted. 

 

The first time she went to have the massage, I went with her. And thank god I did. There was a man who was going to give her the massage. His name was Daesung. He was acting all nice and gentle. Oh please! 

But that's not all, my wife couldn't stop talking about him even after it was over. She told everyone about him and how '' muscular '' he was. I bet I'd look better than him but she just doesn't know it...yet. 

 

Ever since she had the accident, I realized how much Ji Hyun meant to me and how much... I loved her. I just didn't know how to confess to her. I also still don't know if she trusted me enough after what happened. It's clear that she forgave me but I am still not sure. I want to make it special and I want her to know that I meant it.  But as I said the problem is I still don't know, how, where or when I should tell her. 

 

 

After Ji Hyun removed the cast, she wanted to also to let Mrs.Hwang. I was alarmed as soon as she mentioned that and for a second I felt lost about what I should do. But then and after much convenience and of course, with the help of my precious noona, she agreed on letting her stay for another few weeks. 

 

One morning, I was preparing myself in the bathroom when I heard Ji Hyun speak on the phone. 

'' Yes mom, I know it's my birthday but I still don't want to do anything '' she said to what seemed like her mother 

Her birthday? when is that? I put my ear closer to the door and continued to eavesdrop their conversation.

'' No mom, I just want to stay at home  '' 

You won't! I said to myself smirking 

'' I don't think he can mom, you know how busy he is '' she argued while she continued to do her hair and talking on the phone. '' Mom, I know it's my first birthday as married but... mom, I gotta go now, bye '' she hung up and sighed.

I opened the door slightly and took a peek at her. She sat at the edge of the bed and she was playing with the ring on her finger '' He probably doesn't even know it's my birthday this Friday let alone make a surprise for me '' 

 

I just smiled to myself and an idea came to my mind. But I needed help and I knew exactly who I am gonna ask. I checked my tie and my hair one last time and got out of the bathroom and I found Ji Hyun already went to the kitchen. 

 

'' Where is Mrs.Hwang? '' I asked as I sat on the table

'' She got a call from home and she had to go so I told her she can go '' Ji Hyun answered 

'' Oh okay '' for a moment I thought she would say she fired her '' Are you going to work? '' 

'' Yes, I have been away for so long, I need to work hard '' she explained 

'' I may be late tonight '' I told her

'' Why? '' I Just wanted to laugh at how adorable she looked right then 

'' I have a lot of meetings so they may take a long time '' I lied and she believed me. 

 

I know lying is not good especially in our relationship but it's a white lie, plus it's a lie that hopefully will make her happy. After we finished eating, it was time to go to work and of course I had to take Ji Hyun first and then I'll go to my work. Well, she went back to work just yesterday but I made sure I take her myself after she refused to have a driver. I couldn't let her drive yet, her hand is still weak. 

 

She protested of course but I was more stubborn than her. 

'' When will you finish? '' I asked when we reached her workplace

'' I don't know, it depends on how much work I have '' 

'' Okay, before you leave, call me and I'll send you the driver '' I told her 

'' You don't have to, I can take a taxi '' she objected

'' You can't call me if you don't want to but I'll call the secretary and know when will you leave and then I'll send the driver, do you really want me to do all that?  '' I explain as I raised an eyebrow 

'' You won't take no for an answer, will you? '' she said rather amused 

'' Well, honey, I always get what I want '' I replied with a smirk until I realized what I said. Ops! 

'' I'll be going now, see you tonight '' she hurriedly said and made her way out 

 

I kept looking at her till I made sure she entered and then I drove away. The work was hectic and the meetings were so long and boring but I was able to endure it. At 6 pm, Ji Hyun called and informed me that she finished so I told the driver to take the car and go to her.

 

An hour later, I finished my work and called Jiyong.

'' Jiyong, hello  '' 

'' Hello, hyung. Is everything okay? '' he asked

'' Yes, yes. Do you have something to do tonight? '' Please say no...

'' No, why?  '' he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter