Finally free

Heartbroken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally, it was the day I would remove the splint and have my normal life back again. I planned on going alone but Seung Hyun didn't even give me the time to think of that. After waiting for a half hour for the doctor, it was ultimately my turn.

 

'' Mr.Choi, Mrs.Choi, good morning  '' 

'' Good morning, Dr.Yang '' we both greeted 

'' Today marks the end of the 6th week after your surgery, usually, it's the time to remove the cast but before we do so, I have to do an X-ray to make sure everything is perfectly fine '' he told us while checking some papers in front of him. 

'' You mean there is a possibility for me to stay with this splint for a longer period? '' I asked him while praying to god that nothing like that will happen. I've had enough of being half paralyzed for the past six weeks. Although I'll definitely miss the times when Seung Hyun would take care of me and feed me. But I was utterly excited to go back to work.

I drowned in my own thoughts until the voice of Dr.Yang brought me back '' Well maybe that's a possibility, but let's hope for the best '' he cheered '' Now, let's get the X-ray done with '' 

 

I went to another room to get my X-ray while Seung Hyun kept waiting in the doctor's office. A few minutes passed and I was once again waiting in the office with Seung Hyun. Eventually, the doctor came.

'' Congratulations Mrs.Choi. The X-ray proved your arm if fine and ready to get out of that cast '' he informed us and I felt an excitement rush through my whole body. '' I have to keep Mr.Choi waiting again, please follow me this way Ji Hyun-ssi '' 

 

I went to another room this time and sat on a bed and waited for the splint to finally be removed. Just then the doctor came but he wasn't alone there was also the nurse from earlier and a man who was obviously the cast technician. The, without giving me a moment to realize what was happening and with the help of a special saw the cast was finally discharged from my hand.

 

But that wasn't the end, after that the doctor started to do some physical tests to see if I still have pain.

'' Does it hurt Ji Hyun-ssi?  '' the doctor asked

'' Just a little '' I answered honestly 

'' Okay then, I'll give you a wearable splint to use until it heals more. You have to use it when you do everything, you can remove it when you want but it'll be helpful to make you arm strong ''  he explained and I only nodded my head 

 

My skin looked dry and scaly and a little pale. The hair was definitely taller and I felt embarrassed that someone has seen it like that.  He's a doctor so obviously, he sees people like this more than twice a day, my inner voice told me. 

He cleaned my arm and sterilized it to remove the unpleasant smell and then the nurse handed me the new cast I'll be wearing. After that, we returned to the doctor's office room and Seung Hyun was patiently waiting there.  

 

After sitting down, the doctor started

'' Your muscles are atrophied '' he said but when he saw our puzzled expression he smiled and continued '' Which means they are smaller and weaker because you haven't been using them. But it's totally normal so don't worry ''

'' Oh, okay '' was all I was able to mutter

'' You need to take it easy and be careful with your activities, you should do small exercises and all but you should never hold heavy things. Driving may seem hard at first and you should be careful '' he continued with his explanation and I was nodding all the way. 

'' Is there anything like a medicine? a physical therapy? I mean usually, people do these stuff after removing the cast? oh yeah, a massage? '' Seung Hyun interrupted and I looked at him surprised, how did he know all this? 

''  Well, physical therapy is usually for people with broken legs but massage is really helpful. It will increase the circulation which helps the healing and your skin is gonna be more sensitive in the next few days so you have to treat it gently '' 

 

After another few minutes of explaining to us what I should do and explaining a few exercises that will be helpful, we were finally out of the hospital.

'' Why are you smiling? '' Seung Hyun asked when we reached the car

'' Because I am finally free '' I answered joyfully 

He laughed firstly then '' You sound like you got out of the jail '' 

I shrugged '' That cast was like a jail to me, I couldn't do anything. I couldn't eat alone, I couldn't wear my clothes alone, I basically couldn't do anything by myself '' I confessed as he started the engine and drove away 

'' So you didn't like it when I took care of you?  '' he suddenly asked 

'' What? '' why did he ask that? 

'' Come on just tell me the truth '' 

'' It's not that I didn't like it, it's just that I... I want to do things on my own  '' I conceded and he looked at me and I swear he looked disappointed '' Where are we going now? '' I tried to change the topic and thankfully it worked 

'' To celebrate '' he said with a huge grin on his handsome face 

'' Celebrate? in the middle of the daylight? '' 

'' Yup, we're going to have lunch together as a celebration of you finally being free '' he used the same expression I said a few minutes ago 

'' Okay, where is this restaurant then? '' I asked feeling maybe a little too overjoyed 

'' Surprise '' he replied with a wink and I swear I felt my soul leave my weak body, why is he doing this? 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter