Revelation and regret

Heartbroken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When I returned home, I couldn't contain myself and when I heard Ji Hyun talking on the phone with him all the reason and logic in me went over the moon. I regret slapping her more than anything else I've ever regret but I was just so agitated. She kept on crying and she was hardly able to talk. I couldn't think straight back then and after confronting her, I went straight to my room. 

 

She kept on knocking on my door and begging me to let her explain. My heart told me to open and my mind told me no. I felt like going crazy. After awhile she stopped. I waited for other minutes and went to the kitchen and took as many wine bottles as I could and returned to my room. The whole house was quiet opposite to my inside. 

 

I kept drinking till I eventually passed out. When I woke up in the morning, I had the worst kind of hangover, so I took a cigarette. And one turn into three and then to a whole packet. I rarely smoke but I just couldn't stop myself. I walked out of my room and everything was as quiet as yesterday. I went to Ji Hyun's room and stood at the door. I wanted to knock but my hand didn't respond. After a few minutes, I walked back to my room and started drinking. 

 

My phone was ringing so I turned it off. I drunk until I couldn't anymore.  Why me? why does this have to happen to me every ing time? Did Ji Hyun really do it? I was really falling for her so why would she?... I had a one hundred and one questions but I didn't have any answer or more true, I didn't want any answer.

 

When I woke up, not just my head that was hurting, all of my body was in pain. I was hardly able to move an inch and let alone move out of the bed. But I did it. I went to the kitchen and took some painkillers. I knew it was a bad idea to take them on an empty stomach but I didn't give a crap about it. Just then, Ji Hyun walked in. 

 

She said she wanted to talk but I didn't want to listen. I was afraid that she would say it was true. My mind was blind and I refused to listen to anything but that didn't stop her and she kept talking. My heart was beating fast when she said she didn't do anything and I wanted to believe her but I couldn't. I know what I told her was harsh and I was hurt a hundred times more than her when I said but my mind, my heart and my mouth each one of them is working on its own. 

 

I said that I don't care and that she can do whatever she wanted but I hoped she won't listen to me. I didn't mean a word of what I said and deep inside I wished she wouldn't do it. I would be devastated if that happened. Even in this whole thing, and even though I felt betrayed all over again, I couldn't accept the idea of her leaving me. 

 

She took her car keys and left. I knew that it wasn't the best idea looking at her state but my ego wouldn't let me go after her. I sat in the living room for I don't know how long staring at the space. Suddenly, the door bell ringed and with weak steps, I went to open it. 

 

'' Hey, where-oh god, why do you look so horrible? '' Seungri asked the moment he saw my face. I look that bad? 

I left him standing there and returned to my seat and he followed suit. 

'' What happened? I've been calling you and you didn't answer and now I am even more worried '' 

I looked at him for a minute and he nodded his head waiting for my answer. I took a deep breath and told him everything.

'' And why didn't you let her explain? what if she didn't do anything? '' he asked irritated

'' And what about the photos? '' 

'' What about them? there is nothing going on in them. Were they kissing? hugging? cuddling? were they sitting in a position saying that they are a couple? '' he reasoned and as much as I am afraid to admit... he was right 

'' I '' I was about to defend myself when my phone ringed. 

'' Hello, who is this?  '' I asked 

'' Yes, I am her husband... what? oh my god? how is she? okay okay, I'll be there  '' I felt like I am going to faint 

'' What happened? why are you so pale? '' Seungri asked

'' Ji Hyun '' was all I could say 

'' What's wrong with her? ''

'' She was involved in car accident '' 

'' ! '' he cursed '' How is she? '' 

'' I don't know ''

 

I quickly run and took my car keys but before I enter the driver seat, Seungri snatched the keys from my hand

'' Let me drive, you don't want to get in accident too  '' 

 

 

 

We drove to the hospital and as soon as we reached it, I started looking for her. My heart almost stopped when I heard that she was in the surgery. They didn't explain anything. I was on the verge of breaking down when Chaerin came with two other people.

'' Where is she? '' she asked crying and Seungri quickly went to her

'' Shh, she's in operation room, she'll be fine'' he tried to calm her 

'' It's all your fault, I swear I'll kill you if something happened to her '' she threatened me. 

I just stayed there not saying anything. Just then I noticed one of the two people who came with her when he approached me. 

'' Can we talk for a while? '' he asked and I just glared at him '' Please, I need to explain '' 

'' Just listen to him for god sake '' Chaerin added and I nodded. 

 

We went out to talk away from the others.

'' I know what happened, Chaerin told me but unfortunately, you misunderstood '' he started and I said nothing '' I am married, I met Ji Hyun a few months ago and we became friends. I don't know what you saw in the photos but I can promise you that nothing is going on between me and her. She's just a close friend. Besides, I love my wife and I would never do that to her '' he explained and I just felt like all the blood left my body. I blamed her for something she didn't do and worse I didn't even give her the chance to explain. What kind of people am I? God, how can I get my ego get in the way? 

'' T-that n-night, did she s-sleep in your house? '' I muttered

'' What? no, she came to my house once and it was with Chaerin, a few months ago '' holly crap! I am the worst man alive! If something happened to her, I swear I would kill myself...

'' She's so strong, she'll be fine '' he comforted me, squeezing my shoulder 

'' She'll never forgive me '' I admitted

'' She will, you just have to work a l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter