Chapter 2

Shooting Star

A loud and never-ending knock woke Sam from her sleep. It was the first time in while she fell asleep so deeply; not to mention fully fed and freshly showered. She pulled open the door and found Blondie - Jackson she corrected herself mentally.

“Good!” He laughed loudly, “Time to get you out of those clothes!”

Sam’s hand’s instinctively tried to protect herself, her hands drawing instinctively to her chest.

Jackson laughed louder. “I meant we are going shopping!”

Sam trailed behind Jackson as they walked pass the different clothing store. It seemed like Jackson knew the owner of every shop as he greeted each and every one of them. It confused Sam a little; the mafia she knew was more along the lines of the hardcore American depiction of the mafia and not the friendly man that she was following. Jackson seemed to find the store he was looking for and walked in and yelled out into the door at the very back of the store.

“JAY!” He yelled. “Bring out the new stuff.” he then turned and grinned back at Sam.

“Jay always has all the newest styles, his eye for fashion is undeniable.”

“...” Sam opens , about to say something but shuts it again.

“What?” Jackson says his eyes narrowing with a frown.

“I… I don’t have…”

“Just say it!”

“I don’t know how I am going to pay for new clothes.”

The cheerful grin appeared again. “I got us covered!” He says dramatically as he reaches into his back pocket and brings out a sparkling gold card, “Behold!” He says dramatically, “We are in the presence of the boss card!”

 

A few moments later, a few more bags in hand later. Sam was exhausted. She never wanted to go shopping with Jackson again it was way to draining. Sam insisted that she couldn’t possibly let someone buy her clothes when she had already received so much. But Jackson would hear nothing of it and began choosing clothes for her that a man covered in tattoos had brought out. Sam was horrified as everything Jackson seemed to be picking out were all lacking… in material, short skirts, big cutouts, too much skin left exposed, Sam had no choice but to jump in and stop him and suggest something that was more to her style. She couldn’t help but think that was exactly what he expected her to do.

 

About 20 minutes she left the store frustrated and empty handed, Jackson followed behind her his hand filled with bags of new clothes for her. She couldn't win in anyway. He refused to listen to her and just grinned at her when she tried to suggest paying him (well technically Kris) back for the clothes. He wouldn't even let her carry anything, in his words, “I am a man, and I can handle this.” Sam has just about given up. She doesn't know how to handle personalities like Jacksons, annoyingly cocky yet sincere she could not bring herself to hate him.

 

Jackson dropped of her things in her suite and left telling her to get ready to go out for the night. As Sam started to get ready she noticed two pastel pink boxes on her bed. She opened the smaller one first, a pair of heels. She opened the next one a cream colored dress. The skirt had the faintest hint of different hues of a blush pink similar to the pastel pink of the box. ‘Must be a mistake.’

She says packing the dress carefully back into the box. She double checked for an address or card, but found none. She got read and put on some of the clothes she brought earlier, the dress on her bed came back to her mind, it really was an exquisite dress, and the finest beading on the bodice was classy yet fresh, like dewdrops on a flower.

 

A knock on the door draws her attention back to reality. Sam had to stop herself from stumbling back when she saw Kris standing in her doorway. Somehow she didn't expect to see him, seeing as he is the big boss around here, but somehow it made her happy.

 

“Why are you dressed like that?” is the first thing out of his mouth, breaking the atmosphere.

“What?” she says suddenly feeling underdressed as she noticed his classic suit and tie.

“You didn’t get the dress?”

It was for her…

“You mean this?” she asks as she quickly goes to fetch it.

“Yes, why aren’t you wearing it?”

“I didn’t know if it was supposed to be for me.”

“I…” Kris was about to say that he put a note, but then he realized that he didn't. “Anyways,” he says.” changing gears, “go get dressed; you can't be dressed Like that.”

As Sam put on the dress, her mind began to wonder, ‘am I going to some mafia gathering? Is that the reason for the formal wear?’

“Are you done yet?” Kris’s voice filters from another room.

“Almost!” she replies as she straps on her heels nervously, how is she supposed to be ready for an mafia event?


Author note: Hello! I just wanted to pop in, this is the original chapter 2, I am planning on changing it if I have time because the story has changed a little bit. But someone requested me to post the origrinal anyways so I am going to do so, might change it next week? or some other time so be on the look out!