Gala Dinner

Please, Help Me Save Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sneezed hundred times today. It seems like my body can't take it anymore. I am sleepless these days. My tasks are just driving me crazy. I am also skipped some lunch and dinner. I even don't have any time to meet with Junmyeon. Yeah, he is also at the same circumstances.

 

By the way, tonight is the gala dinner. Even though I am not promising him that I will come, but at least he needs to know my circumstances.

 

"Junmyeon ah...." said me on the phone in between the sneeze.
"Yes, baby? What's going on?" asked him.
"I can't make it to the gala dinner. I am sorry." I sneezed after finishing my words.
"Are you sick?!" asked him worriedly.
I nodded my head. Jeez, I forget that we are on the phone. "Oh..."
"Should you see a doctor?" I can hear the worry tone from his question.
"No, no. I just need some sleep and rest though."
"Really?"
"Uh-oh."
"Are you sure you don’t need any doctor?"
"Yes, I am sure. Don't worry too much. I will take medicine and go to sleep after that. I will be fine tomorrow."
"Okay, rest well baby."
"I am really sorry...."
"No, it’s okay...."
"Bye...."
"Bye...."

 

Just like what I said to Junmyeon, I take the medicine and go to sleep after that. Hopefully tomorrow I will be better.

 

***

 

I hung up the phone. I do really worry about her. Is she really okay? It's not that bad, is it?

 

"Son...." I can hear Mom called me. She tilted her head from the door.
"Yes, Mom?"
"Can I come in?"
"Sure..."
She is already fully dressed. Ready to hit the party. “Why are you still here? Should you pick her up?"
I shook my head. "She is not coming."
"Why?" asked her curiously.
"She's sick. She wants to rest so...."
"Ah... Too bad. I want to see her. Dad want to see her. We want to see her," .
"Mom!?" Jeez, my family.
She laughed. "Alright. Get ready dear. I'll see you there," said her then leave my room.

 

***

 

Now I am here. On the gala dinner that Dad's company hosted. Technically, Kris is the host since he is the director now. All of Dad's colleague come with their kids. Some of them trying so hard to match make me with their daughter.

 

"Mr. Kim, your last son is not yet married, right?" asked Mr. Yoo while glanced to me.
"Yeah, he is not yet," said Dad.
I just smiled politely to him. Please, not with this kind of topic again.
"How about if I introduced my daughter to him? I know you want a daughter so bad," teased Mr. Yoo.
As far as I know, Dad is quiet close with Mr. Yoo. I ever meet with his children, boy and girl.
Dad laughed toward his tease. "I know your daughter is very beautiful but my son already have one."
What the....
"Well I can't see that one," .
"Ah why she can't come anyway?" asked Dad.
Should I answer it? "She is sick so...."
"Should you come visit her then?" asked him.
"She needs rest now. Probably tomorrow."
"Yes, you should son...."

 

***

 

It's already late but I am still here gulping some shots on the bar. I want to hear her voice so bad. I know she must be already slept but I want it so bad. Probably this is the alcohol talking. I tapped the call button. I can hear ringing tone. It's been long and she's not answering. I tried it again and again. After hundred times trying finally she took it.

 

"'elo?" murmurred her.
Oh she heard so.... Snap out of it.
"Hey baby..."
"Oh..."
"Sorry for wake you up..."
"Mmh...."
"I just want to hear your voice..."
"Hey dear....." her voice seems sleepy.
"Yeah. You know you heard so y right now."
Yeah, that's the truth.
"Mmh....."
"Please stop it baby...." Stop muffling like that baby. It's .
"I am really sorry but my head is still very heavy now. Call me in the morning, okay?"
"No no! Don't hang up!"
"Why?"
"Sing me something."
"Talk to you later

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter