Vaccine Showdown

Wontaek Playground Short Stories


Ravi got called out during class to go take his vaccine. Leo's mom hadnt signed the form so Leo wasn't going to get the shot, but Ravi was.

Ravi stood slowly as she looked at the teacher and murmured: " Can Leo-hyung go too? Its scary". The teacher nodded, deciding nothing against it. Highly doubted Leo would do any sort of ruckus so she let him go. Ravi walked slowly as Leo followed him as they went to the nurse's office, they entered as they saw some other kids waiting in the little waiting room with several chairs pressed against the wall.

Ravi sat on a chair quietly as Leo sat next to him, looking around the room. 
The nurse got out of a different room as she opened the door and called out another student in, the student stood up and sadly entered the room, Leo was guessing that the kid was probably gonna get the shot next. Ravi counted the other kids as he turned to look at Leo with worry. 
"There are 5... twen im next!~" 
Ravi then clutched his arm as he looked at Leo.. "What if she pokes the wrong place and i dwie! What if she pokes me like this.." said Ravi as he poked his arm, "and my blood goes all like.. pshhh!!" said Ravi acting like blood was coming out of his arm in an exageratingly big amount. 
"What if she dies and ends up poking my eye!" yelled Ravi as he covered his eye with his hands and acted like he got stabbed, "and i go blind forever".

As foolish as this would sound to any grown-up, Leo was worried, he didn't want Ravi's blood to go out all like that.. or for Ravi to go blind.. he wanted Ravi to stay with him forever. He had to keep that vaccine away. The room slowly emptied as more kids went with the nurse as Ravi was next. 
Ravi gulped as he waited for the nurse to come for him, you would have thought it was Death instead of a nurse if you saw his face, as Leo sat quietly next to Ravi as he was worried for Ravi too. 
They heard a click as the door opened and a student came out, sad as he had his hand softly placed on his left arm, the nurse looked around the nearly empty waiting room and said "Kim Wonshik?". 
Ravi took a deep breath as he was about to stand up as Leo stopped him ,grabbing Ravi's arm and making him stay sitting down as he glared at the nurse. 
"Sweety? Wonshik has to go take his vaccine" she said with a soft tone.
Leo shook his head, he wasn't going to give in. 
The nurse was about to move a step closer as Leo sensed it and brought Ravi closer to him and hugged him, "No! He's not going to go twere!" he said as he hugged Ravi, not planning to let go any time soon. Ravi was shocked, he had never expected Leo to act this way. 

The nurse entered back in her room as she grabbed the phone and dialed Ravi and Leo's teacher. 
"Yes? Is everything okay?" asked the teacher noticing the nurse's phone number. 
"Oh you are Kim Wonshik's teacher right?" 
"Don't tell me Wonshik grabbed onto the chair and doesnt want to let go.." 
"No its the other one" 
The teacher was shocked... "Leo???" 
"Yes, he doesnt seem to want to let Ravi go" 
"Oh, I'll be right there to see if i can be of any help" said the teacher as she hanged up, "this i got to go see" 
~~After 30 Difficult minutes~~
Leo was crying as he looked down, holding Ravi's right arm, the nurse put the shot as Ravi whinced. 
Then it was done. Leo looked up still crying as he looked at Ravi's arm, which seemed pretty much normal than ever, except for the small paw patrol band-aid the nurse had put there. The teacher who was there to help out the nurse looked at Leo and said "See? Nothing bad happened"  said the teacher as they had spent half an hour trying to convince Leo to let go of Ravi so they could put the shot, in the end Leo let them but later started crying when he saw the needle they were gonna put on Ravi, 
Leo looked at Ravi's arm then back at her .. "No bw-lood?" *hiccup* 
"Nope, now no crying, Let's go back to class?"
Leo silently nodded as he held on to Ravi's arm all the way till the classroom. 

~~~~~

WOW THOUGH INTERESTING THING IS THAT I HAD WRITTEN THIS IDEA SINCE A WHILE AGO AND DECIDED TO UPLOAD IT TODAY... AND ACTUALLY TODAY WAS VACCINE DAY AT SCHOOL AS WELL.. I WAS LIKE? COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT

-BY THE WAY ITS OFFICIAL UPDATE DAYS ARE ON WEDNESDAY-