The Blood Brother Code

Collection of EXO Fanfic Recommendations

Title: The Blood Brother Code (https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/817562/the-blood-brother-code-angst-arrangedmarriage-gangs-psychological-romance-xiumin-minseok )

Author: Korekrypta & get2herheart

Pairing: OC, Xiumin, Luhan, Sehun, Tao, Lay, Chen, and rest of Exo

Description:

"No, seriously, though, what high school student who's just about to graduate films some blatantly dangerous guys beating somebody to death in a dark alleyway?"

"Oh Semi, apparently."

 

Semi's graduation present was a death threat from the country's biggest mafia boss and a hasty eviction to the United States. Nine months later, she's in hospital making a near miraculous recovery from an assassination attempt from said boss, known merely as Luhan, who has been persistent enough to track her all the way across the world -- to prevent her from using the evidence she has on her phone, from when she filmed a murder he personally carried out, to get him locked away for good. 

Moving cities hasn't worked. Moving countries hasn't worked. Nor has changing identites, undergoing plastic surgery, or getting a small corhort of FBI bodyguards. There's only one possibility left, and even then, Yixing had suggested it as a joke.

"So, Chen, you know that Blood Brother Code thing these mafia people have going?"

"Yes, they do genuinely drink a cup of each other's blood. I know, it's gross."

"I was thinking, what if we marry Oh Semi off to Luhan's blood brother, Xiumin or Minseok or whatever?"

"What, the gangster we locked up two years ago? Are you joking?"

"Of course."

Pause.

"But you know, Jongdae--"

"It's Chen in the workplace!"

"Apparently family are off-limits in the Blood Brother Code. It would mean Luhan can't kill her."

(Completed)

(Please don't read the comment since there's a lot of spoilers and read all of the author's note!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts:

Honestly, this was the book that made me discover Asianfanfics. It took me a long time to get around reading this since it was roughly 100+ chapters and I thought the plot would be dragged on for too long so I simply dismissed it. However, I was super glad to give this book a chance and now, it's my all-time favourite. I have read this book so many times that I lost count. The plot is brilliant and creative, the characters are funny and intriguing, and the way it's written is perfect. If you haven't read this yet, please do so! You will never regret it. Read it now! :)