Our Promise

Gentle Promise ( NEO VERSION)

On one Sunday morning, the sunlight shone through the curtain of a married couples warm home and the bird were sitting outside, singing their beautiful calming melodies, waking some up from their slumber. Hakyeon slowly opened his eyes, taking note of his surroundings before sitting up and grabbing the closest piece of cloth, which was a white button up shirt that was too big for his small and beautiful curved body. The shirt ended just below his bum, but he didn't mind as he crouches down and took a small box out from under the bed. Inside there was a very small sized bottle that contained an old flower petal. He didn't exactly remember what type of flower it was but he never really thought that it mattered anyway. Hakyeon leant back against the bed while memories of the past flooded through his head.

20 years ago:

A sad sobbing sound was heard inside of a forest near the playground. A small 5 year old child with raven hair and pale skin was walking deep inside the forest trying to find the source of the sound. He walked until the sound was close enough that he finally found the source of the sad noise.
There sitting in middle of the forest was the small figure of a boy curled up to his while crying his eyes out. The raven haired boy walks toward the body and stops until he was only a foot away from the boy.
“Hey, why are you crying?” asked the raven hair boy. He saw the tan boy flinch a little and slowly rise his head to look at the person who suddenly appeared in front of him. He was hesitating at first but then decided to speak.
“No one wants to play with me. They all hate me because of my skin.” He looks down to his feet expecting to hear an insult from the raven haired boy, but what he heard instead shocked him.
“I’ll play with you.” The raven boy smiled.
“Really?” the tan boy asked and still couldn’t believe what he had heard and looked at the other boy with wide eyes.
“Yes really. I won’t make fun of you. I like your skin, its unique.” Then he offered his small hand to the tan boy who hesitated at first, but once he did, the raven haired was greeted with a bright smile that for a moment took his breath away though he managed to compose himself in order to pull the little tan boy with him to play.

They'd spent nearly all evening playing together until the younger boy declared that it was time for him to return home. The tan boy felt upset about it and asked the raven haired boy with a pout on his lips, “Do you really have to go?”
“Yeah if I don’t my mum would be worry,” the younger one answered.
“But if you go now, i….i won’t be able t-to s..s..see you a..ag..again,” the tan boy answered with a sob that he desperately tried to hold.
“Why do you say that? We can play again someday.”
“I wish you could stay longer,” the tan boy looked down on his feet.
“But…”
To be honest the raven hair boy also wanted to stay longer but he didn't really have a choice. Then a light bulb lit up over his head.
“Wait here I’ll be right back.” Then he ran off leaving the curious tan boy alone.
10 minutes and the raven hair boy still hadn't returned. 
‘I knew it; he would never come back’ thought the tan boy his tears running down his puffy checks. Feeling disappointed he almost gave up, until there was a voice.
“Why are you crying?” 
“You came back?!” asked the tan boy surprised.
“I said I would didn’t I. now give me your hand.”
The tan boy did as he was told and was surprised to see a beautiful flower ring being slipped on one of his fingers.
“I’ll marry you” said the raven haired boy suddenly.
“Marry?”
“My mum said that if you want to stay together forever you must marry that person first.”
“Forever?”
“Yeah forever.”
“We’re supposed to wear rings that is much more expensive looking, but I don’t have any money to buy it, so this will be our temporary rings until we grow up and I buy you a new and better looking one.”
“Grow up? Does that mean we’ll still be together forever even when we grow up?” asked the tan boy shyly while looking at their laced hand.
“Yeah…you don’t like it?” the other boy asked worried.
“Nope I love it,” answered the tan boy with his brightest smile from which the raven haired boy couldn't look away.
The tan boy then gave him a small kiss on the nose. Which surprised the raven haired boy and made him blush very hard while the tan boy just giggles at the others antics.

THE PRESENT:

Hakyeon was looking at his ring that had a very small diamond in the middle. Feeling content with the thought of being owned by someone who loves you. ‘I’ve never though that the boy was actually Taekwoon. I hadn't even asked for his name back then.’ Though Hakyeon while smiling lovingly at the memory. ‘He would never remember it though.’

Just then a gentle hand lightly pats his head and he turned around to see his husband, Taekwoon, looking down at him lovingly.
“You just remembered it yourself recently too didn't you,” said Taekwoon with his mischief smirk.
“Eh! You heard it?” Hakyeon was surprised he hadn't realised that he was talking out loud the whole time.

“Babe pick up that book over there,” Taekwoon asked him.
He hadn't realised there was a book in front of him. Guess he was really deep in his thoughts he wasn't fully aware of is surroundings. Hakyeon passed the book to his husband and was, once again, surprised to see a book mark that had a flower ring pressed against the illuming hard paper.
“I knew who you were since the first time I saw you in elementary school,” Taekwoon said closing the book and put it at the side table before taking his husband hand.
“Now I have finally fulfilled that promise,” he stated while gently kissing his husband ring.
“Not yet.” Taekwoon look at his husband, suprise by the answer.
“The promise of being together forever is still being carried out,” answered Hakyeon.
Taekwoon smiled gently at his husband and pulled him in to a passionate kiss.
“Yeah your right,” he said in between the kisses, “lets fulfill it together throughout our lifetime. That gentle promise that we made in our childhood.”