Changes Everything

Nightfall

Hye Jung stared aimlessly at the wall in front of her. Last night was like a nightmare she doesn't want to repeat or live in again. Every single thread of hope that she had in her body was clenching onto her father. She failed herself by thinking of the never ever. What father doesn't love their own daughter? What kind of human being can wake up in the morning and smile knowing very well of what they did? Selling their kid as if they're nothing but a product. Something of value to the buyer but nothing to the seller? 

"Hye Jung." She turned around to see Jun Ki standing by the door frame with a small smile on his face. "You should go, you're almost late to work." 

She blinked her eyes several times before checking the time on clock. "Oh God!" Hye Jung immediately got up and rushed over to the closer. Quickly changing into her uniform, she paused and looked over at Jun Ki, he had his attention on his phone. Slowly, she took the handbag from the closet. "I'll see you later." 

"Wait," Jun Ki frowned at the handbag. "You never usually take anything to work besides your phone? What's up with the handbag?"

"I'm on it this week." Hye Jung said slowly.

Jun Ki furrowed his eyebrows. "On? On - " he paused. "Oh okay, I get it." He never usually like to discuss what women goes through every month. With her being the only woman that stays in this area with the rest of the men, he still hasn't really adjusted himself to these sort of situations. "Should I pick you up later?" 

"No." Hye Jung leaned closer to him, giving him a light kiss. "I'll walk home." She waved goodbye and walked out of the bedroom. Her eyes adverted over to Ki Woo and Leader Sung Jong, who were watching her. She immediately bow down to greet them. 

"Going to work?" Ji Hong asked as he walked over. "That BBQ restaurant a few minutes away, right?" 

Hye Jung nodded her head. "Yeah." She was about to leave but paused. Knitting her eyebrows together, she gave him a small smile. "I never got to say thank you for what you did last night for me." The fact that someone like him, who she barely knows got to see her in the most vulnerable state scares her. It's the weakest point of her life and he hasn't even used it to gloat or smear her name surprises her. Maybe Jun Ki was right all along, the new guy is trustworthy. "Thank you." 

Ji Hong lightly chuckled as he shrugged his shoulders. "I mean, I got a smile out of you so I guess it's alright." 

"See you later." As Hye Jung made her way out of the area, she breathed in and out heavily as she crossed the dark street. As soon as she was out of hindsight, she halted her steps and opened up the handbag. Four bags of the drugs that was brought in earlier were inside. She clenched onto the handbag as tightly as she could. Four days ago when Leader Lee Sung Jong was in the same room with her and had asked for a favor. There was a little bit of fear in her as she thought it would've been the same thing he has done to her. For years, she had suffered humiliation and fear by that man. Not only is he the one that took her womanhood away but what makes it worse, he acts as if he has never done anything wrong. To her surprise, he had asked for a different favor. And this one may just be her most dangerous and fearsome mission as a Fallen. With these four bags of drugs, she has to manage to secretly sell them to customers from the restaurant that she works at. The bags has to be gone by the end of this week. If not, she has to face with the consequences of failed profit for the gang. 

Hye Jung turned her head briefly to stare at the building she had just left. If Jun Ki finds out about what she has to do, he will be angry. Not at her, she already knows that. But if there is one thing she knows about the man she has been with for years is that he would do anything for her. His anger boils more heavier and scarier for her than for himself. Who knows what he would do if he finds out about this. 

. . . 

Seo Woo jumped in surprise when a folder was slammed onto her desk. With her eyes widened, she glanced up to see Lieutanant Chun Sung Im. "Ma'am."

"There's a new case involving the possible involvement with a fellow cop in Seoul. He has supposedly been taking bribes from the dirt side of the city. Letting people off for merely stacks of cash." Sung Im looked at Seo Woo and arched an eyebrow. "This is your team's new assignment."

Kang Soo glanced up from his laptop. "New assignment? We're working on the Fallen case right now." 

"Not anymore," Sung Im declared as she started walking over to her office. "I'm your boss and you answer to me. Rather Detective Hong chooses to die toward an unpromising path, that's his choice. We have other important cases to do." 

Young Gook scoffed. "I can't believe you're going to use your authority over us." 

Sung Im halted her steps and narrowed her eyes at him. "Excuse me?" 

"Do you really think we don't know what's going on?" Young Gook questioned as he rolled his eyes. 

Seo Woo's heart felt as if it was about to pop out of her chest by the intensity from Sung Im's eyes. "Young Gook, I don't think this is the best time - " 

"No." Young Gook interrupted her. "Boss or not, she is choosing to be selfish over the fact that her little perfect obedient boyfriend has finally found his voice." 

Kang Soo's eyes widened. He may be a new member to the team, barely two years with these people but he has learned a lot about Seo Woo, Ji Hong and Young Gook. As someone who has worked under Ji Hong and Sung Im for more than five years - Young Gook has always chose to shut his mouth and let the flow continue the way it is. Less troubles for him is what he had repeated over and over. To stand here as witness Young Gook opening his mouth to argue - especially with strong words like what he just said. It's almost too scary and astonishing to believe. "Maybe you should take a rest, Young Gook. We've been pulling all nighters and - " 

"No," Sung Im crossed her arms and stared at them. "I want to hear what our fellow detective has to say." 

"Fellow detective," Young Gook repeated with a scoff. "We're a year a part, Lieutanant Chun. We even went to police academy together. Sure, you climbed up the ranks faster than me. Maybe even logically speaking, you're better." He looked at her. "But you know what I am better at than you?" 

Sung Im could only manage to laugh. "Humor me." 

"Humanity." Young Gook said. "I have more humanity than you. I know what is right and what is wrong. The difference between being a good leader and a bad one. To never think irrationally just because our emotions are in it." 

"This is definitely amusing coming from someone who has a problem with women ranking higher than you." 

Young Gook shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not perfect, no one is. We learn day by day with the mistakes we make. As a cop, our mistakes seems more heavily impacted than others. That's why I've been so slow in my ranking or work. I take my time and don't reach rash decisions just because of a mere fact. I believe in human beings, that's what you need to learn to do. I believe that just because there is a label on somebody for what they do or who they are, that doesn't mean that they're as bad as the others." 

"Get to the point, Detective." Sung Im said. 

"The point? The point is that Detective Hong was right last night. This case is important, there are lives that needs to be justified. And possibly even more upcoming lives if we don't do something now." Young Gook glared at her. "If he says that he believes two of the suspects, A WHOLE FOLDER OF THEM, aren't the murderers - then they're not." 

Sung Im shook her head as she turned back around toward her office. "I can see why Hong Ji Hong is your lead detective now. You two seem to run off on the same delusion that people can change. They're criminals and we're cops, that's two different worlds." 

"Like I said, humanity." Young Gook said. "Because our team is filled with people with their humanity - we believe the best in people. Even if they can be at their worst." 

"Well, you're still not going to take this case again. And there is nothing for you to say." Sung Im said. 

"What if I have a say in this?" Captain Kim Tae Ho walked over to his colleagues and smiled. 

"Captain." Sung Im rushed over and stared at him in confusion. "What are you doing here?" 

Kim Tae Ho simply sighed. "I just wanted to make sure that Detective Hong's team stays on the Fallen case. I've been hearing a lot of chaos from upstairs. I would hate it if this team, one of my elite teams, to tear apart because of their indifferences." He arched an eyebrow at the silence. "Am I right?" 

. . . 

Hye Jung swiftly moved around the small restaurant with her hands occupied by the grills. She snuck her way outside to the back of the building, dumping the grills into the buckets of hot water. Sliding the gloves on, she immediately crouched down to scrub the grills. This is the tenth time she has cleaned these grills. It's the weekends and its the three days that this little restaurant becomes increasingly packed nonstop. To be honest, she rather clean grills a hundreds a day over anything. Her little five to six hour shift is what gives her the most peace there is. For months, she started learning to appreciate conversations. Listening and smiling at them as she watched people interact together while eating and grilling meat. It's amazing - how simple their lives are. They don't have worry on whether they'll die or not when they arrive home. They don't have to worry if they're going to be able to eat the next day. They don't have to worry whether every choices they make would affect the people they love.

She would do anything to trade for their lives. 

And now her peace is ruined because Leader Sung Jong has managed to add trouble into her work. "Hye Jung! Are the grills done?! Customers are waiting!" 

"Yes!!" Hye Jung replied quickly as she cleaned them off with a rag and immediately rushed over to the tables. She smiled to each and every customer as she took their orders. As she handed the orders to the kitchen staff, she paused and stared at the table in the corner. It was filled with college students, rowdy and arrogant kids - who may not be too shy away from drugs. Hye Jung looked over at her boss, who was busy watching tv from the cashier desk. "Here goes nothing." She softly muttered to herself as she walked over to the table, giving the college kids a bright smile.

. . . 

Ji Hong dragged a rag across the bar counter as he carefully watched people coming in and out of the underground casino. It's frustrating that none of the members in Fallen has given him the full trust yet. He understands that it has been close to only a week since he has came into their lives but how is he supposed to get this case done if nothing is progressing? "If you clean that part of the counter any longer, a hole might appear." Ji Hong froze and turned his head briefly to see Jung Pa Ran behind the bar. "What's on your mind?"

"Nothing." Ji Hong answered. He narrowed his eyes at Pa Ran, noticing at the way he was sneaking another alcohol bottle in his hands. "You don't go downstairs that often?"

Pa Ran scoffed. "I've been banned."

Banned? "Did you do something?" 

Opening the bottle of vodka, he clenched his teeth as the strong taste runs through his body. "More like what I didn't do." Pa Ran chuckled once he saw Ji Hong's confused expression. "I didn't make the clients lose enough money." 

"Lose enough money?" Ji Hong threw the dirty rag over to the sink. "You guys purposely make the clients lose money? To make their debt bigger?" That's completely illegal and goes against any morals. They're basically the life savings out of these people. The clients that come in and out of this building aren't considered as the top 1%. They're the basic eight hour shift kind of people. The money is what helps them stay alive and feed their families. "Do the people that walk in here know that?" 

"You're funny." Pa Ran laughed. "The people you see here sitting at the bar, watching sports and drinking their beers - they're just here for that. They don't know anything about what goes on downstairs. And telling them? If we tell them that we have cameras, looking at their cards and an earpiece where people behind the monitor can inform the dealers what to do - what could that possibly mean?" 

"That we're cheating money out of these people. A casino doesn't work that way. Whoever loses, they lose." Ji Hong argued. 

Pa Ran scoffed as he grabbed a bag of chips from the shelves. "That's the point, new guy. We don't have the same basic rules here, remember? We're underground and a bunch of gangsters. There is no morals or simple games here." He walked around Ji Hong and out from the bar counter. "Listen, I was like you before. Simple minded and a cross between good and bad." 

"Yeah? What happened?" Ji Hong asked. 

"Life happens. As a Fallen, there is no such thing as good anymore." 

"I don't believe that." Ji Hong said. He thought back to Lee Jun Ki and Yoo Hye Jung, who clearly has more good intentions in them than bad. "Not everyone here that I've met is all that bad." 

Pa Ran stuffed his mouth with chips as he narrowed his eyes. "Are you talking about Jun Ki and Hye Jung?" Pa Ran laughed loudly as he walked away. "You still have a lot to learn, new guy." 

. . .

"I'll see you next week." Hye Jung bid goodbye to her boss as she walked out of the restaurant. Briefly checking the time on the clock, she sighed deeply. Working past midnight has taken a toll on her body. Maybe she should've taken Jun Ki's offer to pick her up. The walk is barely five minutes but with the lack of energy she has, it might take her thirty minutes. Settling down on a park bench, she closed her eyes. It's surprising to see how many people are willing to buy drugs off of people they don't even know. Those college kids practically bought every thing she had. Guilt immediately ran through her body when they exchanged the products and cash. Not only is she shortening and possibly ruining their young lives but she is also harming their families. 

She knows how the life of a druggie works. Her mom was one, probably would still be if......she shook her head and erase the thought out of her mind. When Hye Jung was little, all she saw was her mom banged against the wall or on the floor from a brief hit with the drugs. She would be out for hours even days if someone didn't wake her up. That's why Hye Jung knew that she didn't want that kind of life - to rely on some kind of drugs just to be happy. 

"You look pretty banged up." Hye Jung glanced up and knit her eyebrows at the stranger. She got up from the bench and slowly started walking away. "Hey! I was talking to you!" 

She clenched her fists on her sides as she tried to run faster from the stranger but her legs failed - causing her to tumble on the ground. "..." Hye Jung muttered under her breath  once she saw the bloody cut on her knees. "Damn it." 

"Hey! I didn't mean to scare you!" The stranger walked over and smiled as he held out his hand. "Hye Jung, I promise." 

How does this person know her name? Hye Jung tried to inch away from his presence but every movement she did is making her wince in pain. "You need to leave." 

"You don't remember me?" The stranger asked while smiling. Without her permission, he grabbed hold of her arm - pulling her up. He arched an eyebrow and chuckled once the confusion became clear on her face. "Wow, I can't say that I'm not disappointed." 

Hye Jung took a few steps away. "I'm sorry if we've met a few times but I don't know you. I'm almost home and I have people who will hurt you if you don't go away." Stranger or not, she would hate it if Fallen finds him around their area without permission or intent to go inside the bar. She tried to turn to walk away but ended up falling again. "Damn it."

The stranger smiled as he pulled her up again. "You were always clumsy." 

"What?" Hye Jung looked at him. "Do you really know me?" 

Nodding his head, he started lifting his leather jacket's sleeves to reveal a tattoo on his wrist. "Remember this?" 

Hye Jung narrowed her eyes at the small tattoo on the wrist. It took her a few seconds but realization hit her as she blinked her eyes several times. "Oh my God." 

"Well, there we go." 

"You're....." Hye Jung tried to wrap her head around this sudden presence. "You're alive?" 

"My body's intact so far so yeah, I'm pretty much alive." He arched an eyebrow while smirking. "Why? A little shocked, aren't you?" 

Hye Jung tried her best to smile as she cleared . "No, why would I be shocked?" 

"Well, that's good. Where's everybody? I would love to announce that I'm back." 

. . . 

 Jun Ki walked over to the bar and arched his eyebrows at the several missing bottles of alcohol on the display. "Pa Ran?"

Ji Hong nodded his head. "I couldn't stop him." 

"Don't worry about it. Let him and his alcohol problem alone in this world. He'll get out of his little dump sooner or later." Jun Ki took the dirty plates and cups from the counter, bringing it over to the sink. "I did hear about your questions." 

"Sorry if I overstep my boundaries with them," Ji Hong has spent the last five hours trying to leave this bartender position to call his teammates. He still has to inform them about what he found out last night about the Saints. Without fail, no one in Fallen would take his spot for a few minutes. They're either busy downstairs or rather sit and watch dramas with food on their lap. "I was just curious and a little baffled at the ways we're doing to these people. I know that people in debt gives us more profit but what happens if they don't pay it? We are handling working class people, not the top 1%." 

Jun Ki froze. What happens if they don't pay it? He knows what happens and he never liked the end results of it. Considering that Ji Hong seems trustworthy enough and how he will soon learn what happens behind closed doors and locked secrets, he turned to face him. "You really want to know what happens?" 

Ji Hong nodded his head. Finally, he can get some progress here. If Jun Ki can give him a name or any indication that Fallen has with the dead bodies in the last two years, his team can march right in here and this would be over. He can make a comprising but promising deal with Captain Kim Tae Ho about Hye Jung and Jun Ki - making their sentencing less if possible. "Tell me everything. I want to learn to be better as a Fallen." Ji Hong lied. Slowly, he reached his hands inside his pockets and secretly pressed record on the recorder. 

"Well, when there are people who don't make due of their debts over a certain period of time." He paused for a bit as he sighed. "As part of the group in Fallen who handles debt, we - " he stopped and furrowed his eyebrows together at the entrance of the bar. "Hye Jung?" She had her arms wrapped around someone's shoulders while the man had his arms around her waist. "What are you doing? Who is - " his eyes widened once he saw who it exactly was. "You..." 

Hye Jung clenched her hands as she knew that this is something as shocking as anything. "I'm back, I kind of hurt myself and uh, he was there to help." 

"Don't worry, my old friend." He clenched onto Hye Jung's waist tighter as he pulled her closer. "I got her. Like old times right?" 

Ji Hong stood in surprise when he looked down at Jun Ki's hands from behind the bar counter. The intensity and the way he was clenching his fists gave Ji Hong the sense that this possible reunion wasn't a good one. 

"What are you doing here?" Jun Ki asked slowly. 

The new presence in the building spread faster than Ji Hong could imagine. Before he noticed, almost all the Fallen members were standing and walking over with their eyes hardened and fists clenching. Most of the Fallen who were supposed to stay at their post downstairs came up here, staring coldly at the new stranger. "Is that a way show respect to your cousin?" 

"Cousin?" Jun Ki let out a hard brief laugh. "Let go of her." 

"If I let go of her, she'll fall. She is hurt." 

Pa Ran walked over and leaned his head against the counter, his eyes glancing between the two men. "Wow." 

Ji Hong inched closer to him since he is the only one that is willing to speak. "Who is that?" 

"Remember what you said? You said that there is good and bad in every person?" Pa Ran chuckled as he pointed his finger at the stranger. "Well, new guy. Meet the baddest of all bad in Fallen." 

"Baddest of all bad? I thought that's Leader Sung Jong or even Ki Woo?" Ji Hong asked under his breath. 

Pa Ran let out a small HA. "Ki Woo? Lee Ki Woo is nothing compared to this one." 

Ji Hong was about to ask another question but the sudden sound of someone slamming the door hard caused him to stop. Everyone's eyes glanced over to their leader and Ki Woo making their way over to the center of the bar. "This is interesting." Lee Ki Woo noted as he crossed his arms across his chest. 

"Ki Woo! How's my cousin doing?!" 

"Soo Chul, what are you doing here?" Leader Sung Jong asked as he put down his cane. "Not that we're not going to welcome you back." 

"Welcome me back?" Soo Chul smirked. "So you do acknowledge that you left me for dead?" The silence from the fellow Fallen members made him scoff. "What? Memory loss? Should I help jog your memory?" He dug his nails into Hye Jung's arm, making her scream in pain. 

"HEY!" Jun Ki was about to jump over the bar counter but Pa Ran stopped him. "Jung Pa Ran, what are you doing?!" 

Pa Ran glared at Jun Ki. "Unless you want Hye Jung to really be in pain, let it go. We don't know what kind of crazy Soo Chul will do if you try to hit him! Just hold on! She's fine. Hye Jung can handle herself, she always has against him." 

"She was seventeen the last time she dealt with Soo Chul." Jun Ki said. 

"And now she is a grown woman," Pa Ran replied. "Let her protect herself, you can't always be there for her." 

Ji Hong watched the exchange conversation in silence. As he stands there, he has tried to jog his memory of any of the files he has read on the Fallen. There is absolutely nothing on someone with the name Soo Chul. He adverted over to where Soo Chul and Hye Jung stood, who is this guy? 

. . . 

Kang Soo jumped from his seat as he hurried over to the board. "I have something!" He slammed a picture and pointed at it. "Kim Soo Chul." 

"Who?" Seo Woo asked while staring at the picture. 

"Wait a minute," Young Gook started rummaging through his folders. "Kim Soo Chul? The convicted murderer?!" 

"And he was also a Fallen member, he was found uncouncious next to a dead body, a woman. All the evidence and timeline connected him to the murder eight years ago. He was convicted and was in prison until recently." Kang Soo said. 

Seo Woo crossed her arms. "Recently?" 

"He was just released this morning." 

Young Gook nodded his head. "Okay but what does he have to do with the Fallen case we're working on?"

"Remember how Yoo Hye Jung's name in the system is absolutely squeaky clean? She is nothing but a blank white sheet, nothing bad?" Kang Soo continued. 

Seo Woo and Young Gook looked at each other. "Yeah? The only thing we got was that she stopped going to school at fifteen." 

"Yeah. Well, with Captain Kim having our back on this case, he helped me with some small problems I had the sealed files on Yoo Hye Jung." 

Young Gook sighed. "Rookie, get to the point." 

"The dead woman on the murder eight years ago was Kang Young Ae, Yoo Hye Jung's mother." Kang Soo further explained. "And besides Kim Soo Chul being the prime suspect, the police had another suspect on their list before they convicted Soo Chul. Can you guess who?" 

Seo Woo and Young Gook immediately glanced over to the board, staring at only one picture. "Yoo Hye Jung." 

"So if you're thinking just likw how I am, it is possible that there is a murderer in Fallen that has connections with the past murders in the two years. With Kim Soo Chul released, who do you think he is going to go after? Since the day of his arrest, he has been claiming that he was innocent for the last eight years." Kang Soo slammed the folder onto his desk. 

"It's possible that the murderer for the unresolved cases we have piled up is the real murderer for the victim, Kang Young Ae." Seo Woo started to connect the dots. "Basically, Yoo Hye Jung has just become our main suspect." 

. . . 

Soo Chul chuckled as he stared at every single one of the Fallen's faces. "Why the angry expression? A fellow Fallen is back and there is no balloons? Beer? Music?" 

Ji Hong narrowed his eyes at the gun around Soo Chul's waist. He can bet anything that it's an unregistered one. At this moment, he doesn't know what exactly to do. He has never seen the Fallen members stand in one area this long. Their hardened expressions and stone cold actions is really throwing him off. 

"I have a fun question to ask!" Soo Chul screamed as he finally lets go of Hye Jung, she tumbled sideways but caught her balance. "Who in here knows what REALLY happened eight years ago?!" The irritating silence finally got him when he grabbed Hye Jung harshly by the arm again, his face inches away from hers. "HUH?!" 

Jun Ki couldn't handle it anymore. Jumping over the bar counter, he was about to pull Hye Jung away from Soo Chul when suddenly, Hye Jung groaned in pain before she kicked Soo Chul on the sides. Punching him on the face, she twisted his arms as she limped. With enough strength in her, she pushed him against the wall. "Don't touch me again." 

Chuckling as he looked at Hye Jung, "I knew that you were faking to be weak all along. Just like eight years ago, you are as sly as a snake. Tell them, Yoo Hye Jung. Who really did kill your mother?" He whispered softly so the others wouldn't hear. 

Hye Jung leaned near his ears so no one else could hear. "You tell me. You and I were the only ones there that night." 

"Boys!" Leader Sung Jong said to his men. 

Hye Jung backed away from Soo Chul as the other Fallen members grabbed hold of him, dragging him away from her and the entrance. Jun Ki rushed over, worry and fear written all over his face as he looked at the bloody knees. "Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine," Hye Jung said. As she glanced up to see where Kim Soo Chul was going, they made a brief eye contact as he continued to smirk. "I'm just fine." 

Ji Hong narrowed his eyes at what he just witnessed. Everyone else was so preoccupied with dragging Soo Chul away, they didn't see what he just saw. That suspicious eye contact between Yoo Hye Jung and Kim Soo Chul that they just shared. He felt a vibration in his legs - with everyone else so busy, he secretly opened the other phone he has. He had turned it on a few minutes ago to take a picture of Soo Chul. It was a message from his teammates. Opening it, Ji Hong let's out a small disbelief scoff. 

We got Yoo Hye Jung's file opened. She was arrested when she was seventeen years old as a suspect for a murder, her own mother. Kim Soo Chul became convicted for the murder instead but there are also strong evidence indicating towards at the time. We think Leader Sung Jong must've pulled some strings to get her off the hook. Sorry, Detective Hong. Yoo Hye Jung has just became our prime suspect. 

Ji Hong closed the phone, turning it off before he placed it back inside his pockets. He turned around and stared blankly at Hye Jung as she was being carried by Jun Ki. Prime suspect. Prime suspect. He tapped his fingers against the bar counter as he tried to think of what to do with this new piece of information. 

"What did I say?" Pa Ran appeared again, grabbing another bottle of alcohol. "No one is good here. You may believe so for a few days here but trust me, I've been here longer than you have." He opened the bottle, drinking the whiskey with a smile on his face. "We all have secrets, bad secrets. Until people start finding out those secrets, people who seem good from the outside may actually be the real bad people here." 

It's as if Pa Ran read his text or mind but for the first time, Ji Hong couldn't help but agree with his drunk sayings. There it is, the progress that Ji Hong was lacking earlier. This changes everything. He nodded his head to himself as he took a deep breath. It definitely changes everything. 

 

. . .

A/N: Hey guys! I know, it's been forever since the last updated chapter! I am currently sick right now, under the weather for the last tough days. I haven't been able to sit and open my laptop to write this chapter. I AM INCREDIBLY SORRY FOR THIS LATE CHAPTER! I feel so awful and bad since you guys left me messages, worried about me! Please don't worry! I'm so sorry! I've only been able to update my kdrama instagram (mindlesskdramas if any one of you want to follow!) since I'm in bed for most of the time ): I can't believe this short chapter took me a week to finish, I am so upset. The lack of Ji Hong and Hye Jung, I hope it didn't make you guys upset. I did promise that this story is ABOUT them and they will be having more conversations and love will start. Please don't dismay or leave due to the lackiness of it :/ As soon as I am better, I will update like crazy as normal but as for now, please be patient and still stick by my side (: Anyways, here is the next chapter! please comment as it helps with my inspiration alot! Sorry for any mistakes!

REPLIES from Chapter Three.

@Anakbajang: aw, I am so sorry that you still can't grip onto the plot. I hope this chapter can help you a bit but thank you so much for the support!

@crystsari: thank you so much for the beautiful comment! awwwww, publishing my own book? you are way too sweet! i am so happy to hear that you're happy with this plot! it really means alot! thank you! ah, bonus chapter for Emergency Doctors? I will have to think about it (:

@ritasimona2727: thank you so much for the comment! (: ahhhh, Sung Im and Ji Hong does seem like they will be driven apart with their differences, don't they? I'm glad that you like the pace of the story as I am struggling with it to make sure that you all like it!

@rearubzbi20: aha, i had to make the dad worse in this story than in the drama, right? ahaha. thank you for the comment! I'M FINE! so sorry for the late update )): sorry for making you worried! I will be back to normal asap!!

@Yashagome: so sorry for the delay of this chapter! usually I'm so quick with the updates but getting sick is the worst thing ever! thank you so much for your beautiful comment, it really made me happy! Lengthy comments like this makes me incredibly happy for the rest of the day! It's so beautiful! HJ's character is definitely worse in this one than the drama, right? I am going to try my best to balance the drama characters we all know and love but with my own twist in it (: The relationship between JH & Sung Im won't be an easy one but it will showcase and potray a lot of ordeals on why they love each other.

@estrelitacristino: ahhhh, i am so happy to hear that the excitement of each chaper is making you happy! so glad to hear!

@shiningarmourica: thank you so much for the comment! (:

@qwerthree: so glad to hear that my writing makes you happy! your comments make me happy so thank you! NOOOO! don't think I will ever quit on this story, sorry for making you worry! i am sick so I am sorry for the late update )): i hope you liked this chapter!

@fancy_dazzle: i wouldn't say that she is weak, maybe just good at hiding it? ahahhaa. yes, i wanted to make her life a bit more rougher in this one than in the drama. a strong headed female is never a bad thing (: RIGHT! Only HJ & JH belong together but hehee, they will soon in this story! thank you so much for your beautiful comment, it really made my day! i am trying to keep the mystery in this story and comment, hehe!

@rainbow_dashgirl: AHHHHH! your comment is so nice! made me smile ear to ear! thank you so much!

@Annalise93: your comment makes me so happy! ahhh, I've been so so sick lately that this chapter is out later than I wanted it to. so glad to hear that the characters and emotions are revealing slowly for you (: I hope your schedule isn't as busy anymore! your comments and everyone else's will always give me strength as I hope these following chapters will too (:

@Luckfswr: thank you so much for the comment! (:

@lydlaw: I AM SO SORRY FOR MAKING YOU WORRY! ahhhh, thank you for checking up on me though! thank you!

@rinsen: here is the new chapter! i am so sorry for the late update! so sorry!