Never One of Them

Nightfall

The lights are dim amidst the darkness. The soft sound of the sweet slow jazz music ringing throughout the room. Silent glances between people as they sip that strong whiskey on ice. Small conversations are muttered into ears with a laughter or giggle following after. Star's Nightclub, one of the most secretive and discreet places there is in Seoul. Only the top executives and the rich 1% are allowed to be inside. Most people don't even know that such place exist. It's legend is only carried for those who are willing to carry the secret club to their death. What happens behind the doors of Star's Nightclub will and always be hidden.

"Give me another glass," an older man ordered as he slid the empty glass over to the bartender. "Make it more strong this time." His eyes glanced over to the young lady sitting in one of the private rooms. With her legs crossed and hair loosely down on her shoulders, she glanced over to the man - giving him a sly smile. He chuckled while taking the glass of whiskey with him as he walked over to the room. "I've been eyeing you for a while now. Since you walked into these doors, I hope you had noticed me."

She simply smiled while sliding over so he could have room to sit. "Of course. Madame Park had said that you're one of your loyal customers." The lady blinked her eyes several times as she twirled the end of hair. "I had to see what all the fuss was about."

"Fuss?" The man narrowed his eyes at the lady, sipping his drink. "I guess the girls have been talking about me." He furrowed his eyebrows as he scanned her up and down. "You're a bit older than the others."

"I'm eighteen." The lady smiled. "Just a year or two older than most of the girls. Madame Park found me on the streets, took me in and provided me a home. The least thing I could do is pay her back by doing whatever she asks." She started playing with the man's tie. "And you are one of her best customers..."

The man arched an eyebrow as he placed down the glass onto the table. He moved in closer to the lady, his hand on her lap as his lips inched closer. "And I should show you why I am the best customer...."

Her eyes adverted over to the men at the bar, she lifted her hand in the air - indicating a thumbs up as the signal. Slowly, she lifted her hand to the man's neck. Now! A voice demanded through her earpiece. As soon as she recieved the command, she abruptly stood up and pushed the man's head onto the table. Using her strength, she satisfiedly smirked. "POLICE!" The sounds of the other undercover cops stood from the seats, revealing their true identities as they pushed the other men onto walls. "You are under arrest!"

"Do you know who I am?!" The older man muffled out as he struggled to pull away from the woman's strength. "I will have you and your whole station punished! Let go of me, vile woman!"

The lady scoffed as she placed the handcuffs around his wrist. Pulling him up from the table, she started walking him over to the other arrested men. "I know who you exactly are. How does it feel to be arrested like this, Prosecutor Kim?! These girls are minor!"

"You don't have proof!" Prosecutor Kim narrowed his eyes at the other cops. "I will have all of you fired!"

"By the way," the woman shoved him over to a fellow detective. "The name is Detective Jin Seo Woo. Don't you worry about the proof," she smirked as she glanced around the room to where all the hidden cameras she had hid as her time as an undercover detective. The sound of a woman screaming and demanding her lawyer was heard, Seo Woo turned around to see the infamous Madame Park, the woman who has brought in so many minors to the hands of these dirty men. "We have all the evidence we need to have you and everyone in this building in prison for decades." She nodded her head over to the fellow detectives. "Take them to the station."

A tall and handsome man with dark brown hair walked into the room, a bright smile spread across his face as he clapped his hands. "Nice work, everyone!"

Seo Woo smiled at her senior officer. "Detective Hong."

Hong Ji Hong exhaled deeply as he looked around the empty room. "Three months of undercover work, Detective Jin. You've done an amazing job once again."

"Thank you," she placed her hands onto her hips and sighed. "I'm just glad that we rescued these girls and I can go back home." Detective Jin Seo Woo spent three long months doing undercover work for this place. She had to pretend to act ten years younger her age to join this sort of thing. Throughout the whole three months, she had witnessed all sort of mess. What went on in this so called Star's Nightclub is simply disgusting and revolting. High class officers, respected defense lawyers and prosecutors - all kind of people within the rich 1% would escape to this room. What they did within these walls are seemingly inhumane, using their powers to do anything they want. "What's going to happen to them?"

Detective Hong glanced over to the group of young women, huddling and crying while clenching onto each other. "Back home."

. . .

"Jin Seo Woo! You did it again!" Officer Choi Kang So clapped his hands as he took a sip of the cold beer in his hands.

Seo Woo laughed as she opened a new bottle of beer for her. "Are you that happy to have me back?"

"I am just thankful to not be stuck with Young Gook again. The squad has been boring without you." Kang Soo leaned closer to Seo Woo and glared over at Young Gook. "He's been in a mood since you were the one assigned the job. Being undercover is his dream, you didn't even want it."

"The assignment can't be done by a man." Seo Woo said while knitting her eyebrows. "That Madame Park needed a new girl and I made it happen. It was the only way for to entrust everything to me and let me in on her secrets. I got the list of every single power men who were her clients, didn't I?"

Young Gook scoffed as he walked over, sitting down across from them. "It took your three months for you to get that information. If it was me, I would get it under a few weeks. Your undercover work was obviously not strong enough." He reached over to grab a beer bottle when Seo Woo snatched the last one. "Are you serious right now?"

Seo Woo shrugged her shoulders. "I'm quite thirsty."

"Jin Seo Woo, I'm your sunbae." Young Gook glared at her. "Have a little respect."

"Why should I respect you when you don't even do the same to your hoobaes?" Seo Woo arched an eyebrow. "You know that saying, Kang Soo?"

Kang Soo's eyes widened. "Huh?" He kept his silence since he hates getting in between their agruments. Despite being in the same squad for three years now, it seems inevitable for these two to get along. It seems like every single little thing can tick the other person off.

"You have earn respect." Seo Woo said.

"Ya! Jin Seo Woo!" Young Gook slammed his hand onto the table.

Hong Ji Hong walked over chuckling as he settled down next to Young Gook. "How about we relax and just celebrate the win of this case? It was a tough one. For all of us." He glanced over to Young Gook and smiled. "Detective Jin did a wonderful job. Let's try and not take that accomplishment away from her, okay?" He looked around the table and furrowed his eyebrows together. "Where is Yoon Do?"

Seo Woo rolled her eyes and slid the last beer over to Young Gook. "He went to get more beer at the store."

"You guys should've told me that earlier when I was on my way here," Ji Hong checked the time on his watch. "Let me get him."

Kang Soo looked at Ji Hong. "He'll be fine on his own."

"Do you really think so?" Ji Hong questioned back. The three of them stared at each other in silence, giving him an answer already. "I thought so." Grabbing his jacket, Ji Hong rushed out of the building right away.

Young Gook sighed. "Didn't I tell you not to order Yoon Do around? You come back after three months and already wrecking things."

"He's a grown up!" Seo Woo argued back.

"Yeah but he is severely shy and his mind isn't all out there. Remember? Our Yoon Do has the mentality of a child, we have to take care of him. Not order him around just because he agrees to everything." Young Gook said.

. . .

"Listen! I told you! Give me your identification and I'll let you bring this six pack of beer home!" The clerk demanded while crossing his arms across the chest. "Are you dumb? Don't you understand what I'm saying?!"

Jung Yoon Do inhaled and exhaled deeply as he kept his eyes on the ground. His body started shaking at the sudden sound of someone screaming, he hasn't heard this type of scream since he was a kid. "I....don't have one."

The cleck rolled his eyes. "Look buddy. I would gladly give you this six pack since you do look like you're of legal age." He scanned at Yoon Do up and down. "But I've had my eyes on you since you walked in here. What's wrong with you? You look normal but...." he shook his head. "Something's wrong with you."

"I....I just want...." the situation is making him nervous and sweating, he could feel the heat rising up. "I just need the....beer to bring....back home.."

"Yeah. Would love to sell my business but I need the identification, buddy!" The clerk scoffed. "How about you leave? You're stalling my business!"

Yoon Do reached for the beer. "My...friends need it."

"Hey! Hands off!" The clerk shoved Yoon Do away. He was about to hit him when someone slammed money onto the counter. "What is this?"

"I'll buy that six pack for him." Taking her identification card, she shoved it near his face. "Happy?" She took the six pack and handed it over to Yoon Do, smiling. "It's yours. Go back home to your friends."

Yoon Do looked down at the beer and over to the woman. "Thank....you..."

She simply smiled and held out her hand. "Since I feel like I won't be seeing you anymore, it'll be okay to share our names."

"Name?" He opened his mouth to continue speaking but struggled to let some words out. Yoon Do shyly glanced at the woman. He doesn't know much but he does know that she has to be one of the most beautiful women he has met in his life. And his life has always been limited to just four walls and four people. "Yoon Do."

"Well, Yoon Do." She slowly started walking him to the door. "It was nice to meet you. I'm Hye Jung."

Yoon Do smiled at the sound of her name. "....Hye Jung..." He started walking away, waving goodbye to the woman he had just met. Clenching onto the six pack with his arms, he started to walk back home - trying to remember each and every step of the way. His memory seems a little lost since his footsteps halted. "Was it this way...." he glanced around the dark, gloomy streets. "Or that way."

"Yoon Do!" Ji Hong breathed heavily as soon as he saw him. "Why did you go to the store?!"

"Seo...Woo asked me." Yoon Do tried to look back to the store, to see if he could find the woman named Hye Jung.

Ji Hong held onto him, shaking his head while smiling. "Don't scare me like this again. You know you can't go outside alone especially in the dark." He grabbed the beer from Yoon Do, putting his arm around Yoon Do's shoulders. "I'm your older brother, Yoon Do. Remember what I told you?"

"To always stay in the police station until you come back and we go home together." Yoon Do smiled. It's the only sentence he can say without nervously stuttering. It's the only words he has said for his whole life. Maybe that's why he has the confidence to speak, those words feel like home to him.

"Come on," Ji Hong said. "Let's go home."

Yoon Do nodded his head as he followed behind his older brother. As they walk into a darker alley, Yoon Do turned around briefly just in time to see Hye Jung walking out of the store, her hands occupied by bags of junk food and drinks. He smiled brightly at the sight of her beauty once again before he focused back onto the streets.

Ji Hong laughed. "What are you smiling so brightly about?"

"Nothing...."

. . .

"Food!!!" The kids jumped up and down once they saw Hye Jung walk into the shed with the bags of junk food and drinks. "Did you get paid tonight?"

Hye Jung smiled as she nodded her head. "Thought I shoud gift you guys with your favorites." She placed the bags down onto the table, letting the kids rummage through it.

"You're back."

She turned around and immediately bowed down to greet the leader. "Sir."

"I don't remember telling you waste our precious money for junk food." Lee Sung Jong walked into the shed with his cane as he glanced between the bags of chips and over to Hye Jung. "We're already low on money as it is. Our business isn't doing that great and you had the audacity to buy food?! Another day of starving isn't going to kill them!"

She winced from the screaming, the only worst thing that can happen is for Leader Sung Jong to get mad like this. "I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. I won't do it again."

"Where's the rest of the money?!"

Hye Jung searched her pockets, emptying all the cash she has. "The rest of my monthly check."

Sung Jong scoffed as he slowly made his way over to the corner of the room. "The only reason I told you to get a job is to feed more money for this group. A help to our survival. Do you honestly think that your little outside job makes you human?"

She exhaled deeply before smiling over at the little kids. "Why don't you guys take those bags and share it with the others? They would love it." As soon as the kids rushed out of the room, Hye Jung closed her eyes briefly before she looked at the old leader. "I would never think of such a thought."

"Good." He slammed his cane onto the ground as he glared at Hye Jung. "What we do is as hard and sacred as it is. I will not have you start falling for the life outside. We're a gang. We're gangsters. You're only our image for the outside, for people to believe that we do nothing wrong behind closed doors." He got up from his seat and walked over to Hye Jung. His hand slowly touching her cheeks as he chuckled. "You've certainly grown up, Yoo Hye Jung."

"Sir, I have some news."

Leader Sung Jong backed away from her as soon as his right hand man walked into the room. "Jun Ki, this better be good."

Lee Jun Ki stood next to Hye Jung as he spoke. "I have word that Star's Nightclub was brought down by detectives this morning. Madame Park and few others were taken and placed behind bars."

"Really?" Leader Sung Jong laughed loudly before he started to cough. "This is great for our business!" He snapped his fingers as he sat back down in the corner. "I told that Madame Park that her business is going to send her to prison. She served those rich fools for her whole life! What she didn't do is make business like us!" His eyes landed over to Hye Jung, gazing her up and down. "How is our business doing?"

"Empty." Jun Ki said softly. "I believe we have an even bigger dilemma now."

Sung Jong narrowed his eyes at him. "What do you mean? You just said that Madame Park's business shot down. That's the best news possible."

Jun Ki stared at Hye Jung briefly before turning his attention back to their leader. "I'm afraid that Yoo Min Ho's gang has started a business across the street from us. Selling bakery goods as a front but downstairs is a casino just like ours."

"A bakery?" Sung Jong scoffed. "Couldn't that old fool think of something better than a bakery?"

Hye Jung bit her lower lip as she stared down at the ground continously. It seems a bit odd and uncomfortable to stand here and listen to her gang leader speak about her own father. She blinked several times when Jun Ki reached for her hand, squeezing it for comfort as they hid their hands behind his back. A soft smile spread across her face for Jun Ki's existence.

"Hye Jung."

She adverted her attention over to Leader Sung Jong. "Yes?"

"Did you know about your father and his gang's new business?"

"No, Sir." Hye Jung cleared . "I haven't seen him since I left that gang." She thought back to the countless pain she went through with those people. "Not since I was fifteen."

Leader Sung Jong chuckled as he stood up from the chair. "Ah, that's right. You've been with us for thirteen years. It feels just like yesterday." He looked at her as he balanced himself with the cane. "How old are you now?"

"Twenty-eight."

"A grown woman." Sung Jong muttered.

Jun Ki furrowed his eyebrows together at the tone that he used. "Sir, I believe that Ki Woo was looking for you before I came in here. He wanted to share some gambling tricks we could use against our clients."

"Should've told me earlier, child." Sung Jong said before walking out of the room.

Hye Jung exhaled deeply as she dropped onto the ground, her body shaking in fear and coldness. Since she arrived to this gang at the age of fifteen, she became fearful of the leader. Not only has she witnessed him murdering people but he had made her watch. Teaching you the ways was what he would repeat over and over again. But as the years went on, he started to age and wrinkle. He can't be the leader he used to be but he still holds so much power over every single person in the gang. When she turned twenty, he forced her to go out and find a job. She needed a job to feed more than half of the members of this family - that's right, this gang is her family. Most of the members she had grew up with. No matter how cruel their acts are when clients don't pay their debt, she knows that who they are now isn't who they were when they were kids running around. The responsibilites as a gang member landed on their shoulders just like how it landed on her. Besides working on her work shift, she comes back and head downstairs to where their hidden casino is. She's in charge of serving the cilent's daily orders. Their drinks, their food and most importantly, their money. Her main job is to collect and trick clients with her beauty. The more cash they bet on the table is the more money they owe to this gang. And what happens to the clients when they don't pay their debt isn't on her shoulders anymore. It's on people like....like Jun Ki.

"Come on, you must be hungry." Jun Ki said as he helped her up from the ground.

Hye Jung clenched onto his arms, her eyes widened as tears filled. "Where were you this morning? I woke up and you weren't there."

"I had business to take care of," Jun Ki answered. "I forgot to write you a note. I'm sorry."

She stared straight into his eyes, she could always tell when he was lying. "Leader told you to take care of business, didn't he?" Hye Jung knew what that could only mean. "So if I march up that little fake bar we own and go downstairs to that secret casino, all of our clients would be there?" The hesitation in Jun Ki had already given her the answer. "You...." she clenched onto her heart as she cried. "Again?!"

Jun Ki tried to hold her hands but backed away when she shoved him. "Hye Jung, you can't be mad at me."

"I'm not mad," Hye Jung muttered under her breath. She stared at Jun Ki, the only man that has been through the pain and struggle with her. "I just want all of this to stop." She and Jun Ki has been taking care of each other since they met. Among the whole gang, they are the only ones that look after the kids that live under the same roof. He was supposed to be one of the card dealers in the casino when he was younger. That was the plan, the original plan. But when Leader Sung Jong found out about Jun Ki's secret taekwondo classes that he took, that's when things changed. Jun Ki was forced into a different part of the gang - the debt collectors. Along with Lee Ki Woo, his brother and a few other people - Jun Ki would be the one in charge of beating up the clients until cash is given. And sometimes.....if things started to get worse, death becomes an option. "When can we leave?"

He knew what she meant. When they turned twenty-five, they both promised to leave this place behind them. Save the money they make and once they have enough, they will take the kids and run off. Become parents to these children and build a foundation for their new lives. Now, they are both twenty-eight year olds and still struggle to breathe when they're alone in the room with their leader. "One day, Hye Jung." Jun Ki kissed her foreheard before pulling her into a tight embrace. "I want to leave this place as much as you do."

Hye Jung closed her eyes as she buried her face onto his shoulders, wrapping her arms around his waist. "I love you."

"I love you too." Jun Ki softly whispered.

. . .

Ji Hong wrapped the blanket around Yoon Do in the bed. He breathed deeply before getting up, closing the door behind him. He made his way over to his desk in the living room. Turning on his laptop, he held onto the back of his neck. There has been a strain since this morning, it's must be from the exercise he endured from yesterday. For almost ten years now, he has been the lead detective for his squad. Hong Ji Hong worked his hardest during his stay at police academy, he gained the attention of senior officers right away. Due to the intense and growing attention, he climb the ranks fast. Not many twenty-five years old became lead detective like he did. And that's where the glory ended. Ji Hong learned the hard way that becoming senior officers's favorite is never a good thing. He became their pet - starting to demand Ji Hong to hide certain details on certain cases. To fix and take out names of those who hold importance to this city. He had to protect the names of defenders, prosecutors, high ranking officers - his own sunbaes. Even the top rich 1% who pays for their taxes as cops. Ji Hong knew it was wrong, every little thing was wrong. Hiding behind the law and your badge is wrong and disrespectful to those who trust you. After five years of suffering from demands, he broke free from it. His delibrate defiance didn't go nicely with the senior officers and that is why he is stuck where he is. For ten years, he has been only a lead detective. He can no longer climb up the ranks. He is just stuck.

A smile spread across his face as his eyes adverted over to the picture frame on his desk. It's a picture of his fiancee, Chun Sung Im - his girlfriend of more than four years. If only she could be here with him right now, it would make his stress less complicated. He misses her so much, if only he could embrace her. But he understands that her job is important and he wouldn't want her to be even more stressed by adding his own complications. The sound of his phone ringing distracted his thoughts, abrupting him from his seat as he searched for the cellphone. He can't let Yoon Do wake up. "Hello?"

"Ji Hong, we have a problem."

Furrowing his eyebrows together, he squinted his eyes at the caller ID. "Captain Kim Tae Ho, what can I do for you?"

"Call up a squad, there has been another murder."

Ji Hong checked the time on his watch, he closed his eyes briefly while running his hand across his hair. "Yes, Captain. We'll be there in fifteen."

. . .

Hye Jung laid on the bed as she held hands with Jun Ki. "Who was it this time?"

Jun Ki softly caress her hand with his thumb. "Baek Ho Min, he owed us over $50,000. Leader Sung Jong gave him more eight months to pay his debt but all he did was add more money to it." He closed his eyes at the memory of what he had to do toward the poor man. "All he did was owed money."

"You know the rules," Hye Jung muttered under her breath. "To never owe Fall's Bar any money or bad things happen to you." It was the motto down at the casino. Most of the customers that come into the bar doesn't know about the secret casino. With soundproof walls, the place is basically nonexistent to people who come in for their regular bar drinks. She stared at the ceiling as she asked the next question - it's the same question she always asked when she finds out Jun Ki's debt collector act. "Where did you put the body?"

"I don't know." Jun Ki answered. "This time, Ki Woo insisted on handling it."

"Your brother?" Hye Jung was never fond of his older brother. If there is only one thing that the two brothers share in common is the fact they have the same parents. Other than that fact, Lee Jun Ki and Lee Ki Woo shares nothing but a ton of differences. Lee Ki Woo, who is older by two years, is more violent and twisted type of person. That man would do anything to gain the trust and attention of their leader. He doesn't care who he would hurt just as long as he gets his way. Jun Ki, who always seem to be stuck in Ki Woo's shadows, never dreamt of what his older brother wanted. His heart has so much kindness, it almost feels as if Jun Ki took all of it from Ki Woo. Jun Ki has always been a timid person - he has gotten better since he turned older. So the idea of Ki Woo offering to hide the body is as terrifying as anything. Like she said, he would do anything to recieve the attention from their leader, Lee Sung Jong - who also happens to be Lee Ki Woo and Lee Jun Ki's father.

. . .

"One in the morning?" Young Gook exhaled deeply as he got out of the car. "Do you ever think murderers can be considerate of the time for us?"

Kang Soo chuckled as he walked along with Seo Woo and Young Gook. "Why don't you tell them that next time when we interrogate?"

Ji Hong bent under the crime scene tape, lifting it up so the others can freely walk. "Captain Kim personally asked our squad to handle this."

"Us? We handle mostly cases that involve underage people and bribes among top executives." Seo Woo said as they made their way over to the crime scene. "Murders? We're not homicide, Detective Hong."

Ji Hong stared at his three colleagues. "Well, we're going to be a homicide squad for a while."

"Why?" Kang Soo asked curiously as the other officers lifted the blanket, revealing the face of their victim.

"Because this murder is possibly connected to several murders in the last two years." Ji Hong replied as he opened his small notebook. "There is one more important fact."

Seo Woo, Kang Soo and Young Gook stared at the corpse as they muttered out. "What?" Although they are detectives, they haven't handled homicide cases as often. Seeing a dead body is definitely something new for the three of them.

"This can possibly be done by the Fallen Gang." Ji Hong said.

"Excuse me?" Kang Soo's eyes widened. "Fallen Gang? You're trying to tell me that our first homicide case will be involving the infamous Fallen Gang? One of the scariest people in Seoul?"

Young Gook glared at Kang Soo. "First of all, we're supposed to be the scariest people in Seoul. Not some kind of gang who thinks that they run the city. People like you who think like that is the reason behind why they think they hold power."

Seo Woo scoffed. "Young Gook, you obviously just stay behind your computer all the time. Don't you hear the stories about Fallen Gang? They're like people who walk among us, you never know who exactly is in that gang. It's as scary as it sounds. It could be our own friend or a fellow comrade. They're well hidden."

"Reportedly, there are exactly over 100 murders in the last two years. Every single police believes that Fallen Gang were behind it but without proof, evidence and even knowing who the members are - the cases become cold." Kang Soo said as he stared at the dead body.

Ji Hong sighed. "Well, this time is different."

"What makes you think that this murder is any different than the previous 100? We're at a dead end as any other cop that took a Fallen Gang case." Young Gook noted.

"Because this time, we're the ones taking charge of this case." Ji Hong said as he flipped over to a blank page in his small notebook. "Did you find anything that can tell us who our victim is?" He glanced up from the notebook and over at the fellow officer.

"A wallet," the officer replied. "Baek Ho Min, mid-forties. He worked as a door to door salesman."

Ji Hong took a deep breath and nodded his head. "Whether if this does involve our infamous gang or not, it will be on our hands now." He closed his notebook and turned around, looking at his detectives. "If it does, we're going to catch every single member. Infamous or not, we're detectives."

"Hate to be burden of anything but that doesn't sound exactly soothing." Seo Woo said.

He couldn't help but chuckle softly at the comment. "Well, who ever said being part of a homicide squad would be soothing?" Ji Hong looked at them and nodded over to all the markings that the Crime Scene Investigators left for them. "Let's start working."

Young Gook nodded his head as he finally got the picture of the whole situation. "How hard can this case be? Detective Hong is right. Fallen Gang or not, we're detectives. There is always a difference between us and those type of people. We'll never be one of them and they'll never be one of us."

. . .

Two Months Later.

Hye Jung smiled as she leaned against the wall and watched the children chase around each other. She looked down at her hand, where a small silver sterling ring is around her ring finger. Jun Ki proposed a week ago, a definite start to the future they've been holding onto. The only exception is that Leader Sung Jong has been taking the hard earned money she gets for working outside the casino. If he keeps on doing it, they'll never have enough money for anything they wish for.

"Hey!" Lee Ki Woo appeared from the back door. "Leader is calling for a meeting downstairs."

"Alright." Hye Jung looked over at the kids. "Time for bed, come on. We wouldn't want to miss morning class tomorrow." As soon as the kids rushed inside the building, Hye Jung stared at Ki Woo. "What is the meeting about?"

Ki Woo narrowed his eyes at her. "Don't ask questions. Just do what you're told."

She took a deep breath and walked inside the bar, filled with their occasional customers from time to time. Hye Jung simply nodded and waved at them, making sure they get second rounds of drinks. After all, it's her job. Walking downstairs to the secret casino, she walked across the loud, noisy room and into the office. Hye Jung smiled as soon as she saw Jun Ki. "Sir, I'm here." She wiped the smile off her face so Leader Sung Jong wouldn't notice it - keeping their relationship under the radar.

Leader Sung Jong nodded his head as he looked at s. "This may seem sudden but it's a decision I made so I hope you all agree with it." He chuckled while shrugging hsi shoulders. "I understand that this family is only filled with people we've grown up with, I practically watched every single one of you grow up with my own eyes."

"Sir, what is all of this about?" Ki Woo narrowed his eyes over at the stranger, standing at the corner in silence. "And who is that?"

"As close knit as this gang is, we're getting weak and limited." Leader Sung Jong chuckled lightly. "We're going to need to start adding new members soon and I found the first recruitment for this family." He looked over at the man and clapped his hands. "He saved my life the other day, a true fine hero. I was just thinking that I needed a new bodyguard - "

Ki Woo furrowed his eyebrows together. "Father - "

"Do not call me that!" Leader Sung Jong demanded as he slammed the cane on the ground.

"Leader, I believe having us are fine as bodyguards." Ki Woo cleared his throat. "We don't need any new - "

"Nonsense. We're going to need more ground to cover around here. The casino is going to get bigger soon and it only means that we need more members. Might as well just start with one for now." Leader Sung Jong settled down in his seat as it's hard for him to stand for so long. He covered his mouth as he coughed heavily. "Now, go on. Introduce yourself."

Hye Jung glanced over to the new fellow member, she could feel the intensity from Ki Woo radiating off from him. She knew that having someone new that their leader cherish is a threat to Ki Woo and that's never good news. She briefly looked at Jun Ki, he doesn't even care. The whole time he has been standing like a statue, his eyes on the clock. Adverting her attention over to the new member, Hye Jung noticed at the way this person feels at ease. As if he isn't nervous or anything, something perfect for Leader Sung Jong - he has always loved confidence.

"Hello," Ji Hong said as he stared at every single person in the room. Since he has walked into this building, he has counted over at least forty Fallen Gang members and that's probably not even the half of it. Considering the fact that there is only three people besides the leader in the office, it could only mean that these are the three members that Lee Sung Jong trusts the most. He stares at the first guy, he seems to be the alpha of the three. Everything about him gives Ji Hong the sense that he is the leader of the member pack. He's tall, has good looks and his eyes is filled with anger. Definitely someone Ji Hong has to keep his eyes on. The second guy, who gives off the feeling of someone who is the right hand man - is a lot more different the other one. He's a lot more quiet and Ji Hong can tell that he takes mental notice of every single thing he sees. Just like the other one, this one isn't bad looking either. And finally, the only sole woman in the office. Leader Sung Jong gives off the feeling that he doesn't trust in women so the fact that there is one in the room, definitely informs Ji Hong that she is possibly someone who holds importance to this gang. She's quiet just like the other one but he can tell that she doesn't hold back like he does. Possibly someone who is in charge of chatting up the customers upstairs and the secret clients down here. "I'm Rae Won, Kim Rae Won. Nice to meet you, I will work hard for the Fallen Gang." He smiled as he looked at them. "After all, we're family now."

Ki Woo scoffed. "We'll see about that." Without another word, he turned around and stormed out of the office.

Jun Ki stared at the recruitment. "Don't worry about him. He's just on the edge today." He walked over to Ji Hong. "Welcome to the family, Rae Won."

"Wait for me," Hye Jung said as Jun Ki start to walk away. She stared at Ji Hong before holding out her hand. "I'm Hye Jung, it's nice to meet you."

Ji Hong shook hands with her. "It's nice to meet you too."

. . .

 

Author's Note: I wanted to introduce this story and the characters in a more defined and longer detailed chapter. Orginally, not much was planned to happen in this chapter but I decided to include a lot more so there is a better understanding of the plot. This may seem a bit new and probably odd for you to see Doctor's characters in a new and different way than what they potrayed in the drama but as I have said, I wanted to write a story that is way different than anything. If there are any confusion, please do share them. I've tried to cover as much ground as possible within this chapter. A two day process for this first chaoter to be done and I must say that I am pretty happy with the way it came out. I sincerely hope all of you liked this chapter and would give it a chance. New story, new characters, new personalities, new jobs, new everything. It's going to be a new journey for me as a writer and you as readers.

Thank you so much for the lovely and continuous support I was given with Emergency Doctors. I am so honored by all of it. I hope that it continues on for this story and like I always said, each and every comment gives me so much inspiration. It truly does help me a lot, trust me.

Anyways, please subscribe to this new story and hopefully you all continue the lovely and amazing support. Thank you for reading! Sorry for any mistakes!