Late Night Talks (Part 2)

Gangsters in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last time on Gangsters in Love: 
“I have a request.”
“What is it?” 
“Tell L.Joe to stay away from her.”

“But why? Haven't they both suffered enough?”
“That's what I'm saying. But I also understand her reasons. She doesn't want to risk losing him again. Her world right now…. it's dark. Dangerous. She doesn't want to pull him into it. She wouldn't live with herself if he were to get hurt because of her.”
“I see. Alright….. I'll try. But I can't promise he’ll stay away. He knows that she's his childhood friend. But since she doesn't wear her necklace, he thinks she forgot about him.”
“So he's trying to get her to remember him. Hmm….. well, I didn't expect him to stay away anyways.”
“Himé, I have another question.”
“What's up?”
“What are we? Like you know my feelings towards you. But you don't refuse them or accept them.” Chunji told her. She only smirked at him. 
“We’re talking. You're in the process of making me fall for you.”
“Am I succeeding?”
“That's a secret. But you're not too far off.”
“Himé, why do you act so differently around me and around your members?”
“Because I'm a leader. Remember how you asked me about my real name? Himé is my nickname. Pretty much my gang name. When I'm around my members, I'm Himé. But when I'm around you, I become my real self.”
“You become Akira around me?”
“Yeah….. wait how the heck do you know my real name?”
“Same reason why you know mine. I remember you.”
“Hmm….. you sure you went stalking me?”
“Hey, I'm not creepy.”
“You sure?” She . He pouted. She laughed at him before pecking his cheek and walking back into the house. He held his cheek in surprise before smiling and following her. L.Joe and Changjo came out after a little while. It was around midnight so they decided to head home.
“Bye guys.” Himé said while Ace and Angel waved. The boys waved before leaving. 

“So how did the talk with Ace go?” Chunji asked Changjo. 
“It went well. She told me that she trusted me with Yu- I mean Angel. She gave me her blessing to ask her sister out. I always thought she was cold and a bit scary. But it turns out there's a lot more to her than what we see. She's not that scary. But she is very cold.”
“I see. Hmm, Himé said it had to do with her past.”
“Her past was with me. She was already cold when I first met her.” L.Joe grumbled. He was so frustrated. He wanted to be there for her so bad but she kept on pushing him away. Did she really hate him?
“She was talking about after Ace and Angel left.”
“Chunji Hyung, did Himé tell you why they left?”
“Yeah…. but she made me promise not to tell anyone.”
“Come on, it's just us.”
“She emphasized not to tell you guys. She said that the girls will tell you when the time is right. From what I know, Ace is going through some things right now.” Chunji said. He didn't want to break his promise to Himé. 
“Oh alright….. L.Joe hyung are you okay? I saw that you went to talk to her.”
“Yeah….. I'm just a bit sad. She doesn't seem to care about me. Heck, she doesn't even seem to remember that I exist in her past. When I asked her about why she left her friends, she told me that things happened and she couldn't take it anymore. That was the reason why she left? Do you know how broken that made me feel?” L.Joe said. He didn't know how he was going to face her from now on. He didn't want to show how much he longed to be in her life again. No matter how much she pushed him away, he only felt more drawn to her. Chunji stared at L.Joe. Ace technically wasn't lying when she said things happened. Things really did happen. She was just too generic with her answer. 
“Don't be too sad. Just give her some time. I know she remembers you. Angel told me that she has a reason for not wearing the necklace you gave her. It's not because she forgot or hates you. I don't know what the actual reason is. I just know that she can't allow herself to be loved or love anyone at the moment. Give her time.” Changjo advised. L.Joe sighed. He would wait the world for her. He already waited ten years, he'd wait a whole century if he had to. Chunji felt guilty for not telling the boys what happened. But he knew he can't tell them something that wasn't his story to begin with.

Ace tucked Angel in before going to her own room. Himé followed Ace to her room after the boys left wanting to comfort the girl. She knew that Ace was depressed. 
“Hey, whatever you're thinking in that pretty little head of yours, stop it. Stop feeling guilty. Stop feeling as if everything is your fault. It's not.” Himé told her. Ace only sighed. 
“Let’s have a pact. If L.Joe is able to prove himself to you that he's perfectly capable of taking care of himself, he should be given a chance. You're hurting yourself so much that even I’m sad. He has the right to know why you left him and why you're pushing him away from you. He should be able to make his own choices. If he chooses to put his life in danger to be with you, let him. He loves you and we know it.” Himé came up with a plan to make Ace admit to her heart. She hoped that with this pact, Ace would finally stop suffering alone. She knew that she told Chunji to make L.Joe stay away from Ace, but that was only to make Ace know that L.Joe is capable to protecting himself and her. She wanted L.Joe to focus on himself rather than Ace for a little bit. Only then would Ace finally acknowledge and act upon her feelings. 
“That's the problem though….. I know he wouldn't care about the danger. I don't want him to be in danger because of me. I'm a killer. An assassin. I don't deserve a guy like him. I could only make his life worse.” 
“Stop thinking like that! You're my best friend. You're the most capable member in the Guardians. You may be cold but you're heart is bigger than ever. Who the kills an and then gives money to their family to live? Who checks up on her sister every night to make sure she's not having nightmares despite being extremely tired herself? Who goes to an orphanage every week to check up on the kids? You do all those things girl. You're one of the nicest people I know. You can cook, clean, and on top of that, you have the intellect of every college professor in the world combined. You know how to fight and take care of yourself and others. Not to mention your looks, girl you hot as that even I'm jealous of you. Your body alone has every guy drooling. And if you took off your mask, I'm pretty sure they would faint. So don't you dare say you don't deserve him. If anything, he doesn't deserve you. I don't really know much about him, but I know you. You're one of the best people in the world if not the best. Stop doubting yourself.” Himé ranted. She was tired of her friend doubting herself. Ace smiled listening to her friend. She was really thankful to have someone like Himé by her side. 
“Thanks. I don't know what I would do without you.”
“Probably live a normal and boring life while hating yourself.” Himé said sassily. Ace laughed at her. Himé smiled seeing that she was successful of making her friend feel better. 
“So how are you and Chunji?” Ace asked.
“I don't know….. I like him. I really do. But you know how it is with me. I can't date anyone without having them prove themselves to the rest of the Shadows. It honestly being a leader and Rain’s daughter sometimes. Because of my status, the other gangs don't approve of anyone below me. And then there's my brothers. Since V is in Bangtan, the guy that I c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter