Chapter 9

The Stalker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Half an hour has passed, Taeyeon and Tiffany finally arrived at the house. The house was in the middle of a large, green field. The cottage-like house was medium sized and built out of wood and stone. It looked cozy yet modern. There was already a white Porsche parked outside the house.

Taeyeon pulled up on the driveway and parked the car. She looked to the right to see that the girl beside her still had her eyes closed. Taeyeon put her hand on Tiffany’s shoulder, lightly shook the girl and calmly said, “Tiffany, we’re here.”

Even with a million questions running through her head, Tiffany opened her eyes to see a pair of brown eyes staring back at her. Somehow those eyes gave a reassuring feeling to the girl. They unbuckled their seatbelts and got out of the car. Taeyeon lead Tiffany to the wooden front door. Taeyeon put in a passcode for the door. Then, a scanner was revealed in which Taeyeon put her palm against the glass. She also removed the sunglasses she was wearing and put her face in front of the scanner.

“Safety measures,” the shorter girl muttered.

Finally, the door opened revealing the inside. The floors were a mahogany hardwood and the walls were a homey neutral tone. They walked through the foyer where they would be able to see the rest of the house. It was an open concept house where the kitchen and living room were facing each other. The first thing Tiffany heard was a high-pitched squeal. She suddenly felt someone crash into her to give her an extremely tight hug.

Tiffany groaned, “Jessi, I can’t, breath.”

“Oh. I’m sorry,” Jessica finally let go of the girl and insisted, “What is happening right now? That stupid llama won’t tell us anything!”

Taeyeon cut off their conversation and decided, “How about we sit on the couch to discuss this?”

The group sat down on the two couches that occupied the living room. Tiffany sat in the middle of the couch while Jessica was to her right and Taeyeon on her left. Krystal and Yuri sat down on the other couch.

“Would you like anything to drink?” Amber asked the group.

Amber brought out several cups of water from the kitchen and placed it in front of each girl and took a seat beside Krystal.

Taeyeon took a breath and stated, “Okay. Tiffany, first, I want to make sure that you trust everyone in this room. There are going to be things revealed that may be hard for you to understand.”

Tiffany agreed, “Yes, of course I trust everyone.”

Taeyeon continued, “So to start off, Amber and I should introduce ourselves. My name is Special Agent Taeyeon Kim. I am from the Secret Network Security Division based out of South Korea. SNSD handles the most high profile cases in the country.”

Amber spoke up, “And I am Agent Amber Liu. I work in a separate department called FX. I basically handle all the technological issues.”

“So you aren’t actually students at GG University?” Jessica curiously asked.

“Technically, we really are enrolled in the program. However, we have already learned all the material before hand so that’s why we are able to get high grades without much effort.” Amber told the girl.

Tiffany hesitantly asked Taeyeon, “What were you saying about the high profile cases in Korea? I’ve been living an average life in California with my adoptive parents.”

Taeyeon responded, “How much do you know about your life before you were adopted?”

“Basically nothing. I was born in Seoul, was adopted, and came to America when I was 3. I can’t remember anything from when I was that young. I think my parents told me that they didn’t know anything about my biological parents either so I never asked.”

Taeyeon continued, “Well, I can tell you that I do know who your biological parents are. Yuri, by chance, do yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter