Chapter 4

The Stalker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany opened her eyes to see herself on a wooden queen sized bed. She looked around the room to find some stuffed animals on her bed, a dollhouse on the floor and a little chalkboard next to the dollhouse. She could only conclude that she was in a child’s bedroom. It didn’t really make sense though, she tried to remember how she got there but her memory was still a blur. She got up from the bed and headed towards the door. She hesitantly grabbed the door handle and pulled the door open, luckily it wasn’t locked. What appeared outside was a long, dark hallway, which seemed to be in a large house. The floors were made of hardwood and fancy lights hung on the walls. Tiffany slowly walked out into the hallway, being as silent as possible. Then she saw a spiral staircase that led to the lower level of the house. There was a slight glow coming from one of the rooms downstairs. Tiffany tentatively walked down the stairs towards the light. As she walked closer, she started to make out a sound from the room that was probably coming from a television set but she did not understand the words. Right before reaching the dimly lit room, she felt dizzy and then she collapsed on the ground.

There was a rhythmic beeping sound that encompassed the silence of the room. The loud sound triggered Tiffany to awake and slightly move in the bed that she was in. Thinking that it was her morning alarm to go to school, the girl tried to open her eyes. Though a slight headache caused her to keep her eyes shut a little longer. For the second time, she tried to open her eyes, this time she was successful. As her eyes adjusted to the brightness of the room, felt as dry as the Saharan desert. She looked to the right to see a glass of water sitting on top of the bedside table. She tried to reach for the glass but some white wires attached to her arm restricted her from doing so. She then heard a shriek, which did not help her headache at all.

“You’re finally awake!” the girl exclaimed, “I was so worried for you! It’s all my fault, I should have drove you home!”

Tiffany looked around the room. Her eyes landed on the only other person, Jessica.

Tiffany groaned, “Jessica. Water?”

Jessica got up from where she was sitting and handed Tiffany the glass of water.

She made sure the girl drank a couple sips of water before asking her, “How are you feeling?”

“I’ve got a slight headache and my throat hurts,” Tiffany comprehended, “What happened? Why am I in the hospital?”

“After I got home from the mall, I got a call from the hospital saying you were in an unconscious state. So I rushed over here.” Jessica continued, “The nurses told me that two strangers dropped you off here, told them to call me and then left. It was along the lines of you being attacked at the park. The police don’t know if it was just a random mugging or not. They’re trying to find the person responsible. Do you remember anything that happened?

Tiffany tried to correlate her thoughts. “I felt as if I couldn’t breathe. I think I saw two people when I was about to pass out,” she concluded.

“You don’t remember anything else?” Jessica suggested.

Tiffany worried, “No. I really hope that this was an accident. Why would anyone want me dead?”

“Don’t worry too much. Rest for a little

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter