Chapter 11

The Stalker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Tiffany finally opened her eyes to see whom she hit.

“OH MY GOD! TAEYEON!” Tiffany yelled looking at the girl with a hand to her nose, “I’m so sorry, I thought it was a stranger or something.”

Needless to say, Taeyeon already woke up from the sound of the girl’s footsteps. Just to make sure that the sound came from Tiffany, and not anyone else, she got out of bed. She walked to the kitchen and was greeted with a frying pan to the face.

“I’m alright,” Taeyeon told the girl while removing her hand from her face.

“No you’re not, your nose is bleeding!” Tiffany exclaimed.

“I’m fine, really. I don’t think my nose is broken,” Taeyeon grabbed some tissue and joked, “If I knew you could hit someone this hard, you wouldn’t need me to protect you.”

Tiffany grabbed a couple more tissues, handing them to Taeyeon.

“What were you doing up?” Taeyeon asked while holding the tissues to her nose.

“I couldn’t sleep. I was going to get something to eat. I’m sorry I woke you up.”

“Don’t worry about it. Do you want to talk about what’s on your mind?”

Tiffany nodded her head and grabbed the food from the microwave. They went to the living room to sit down on the couch.

Tiffany started, “I don’t know how I’m supposed to feel. Everything just happened so fast. I just feel numb.”

“I can tell you that having people around you that cares about you will help you deal with the situation.” 

“I’m being chased by the damn mob,” Tiffany chuckled at the thought, “Never in a million years would I ever thought that this situation would occur. What is even going to happen to me?”

“That’s why Amber and I are here, to make sure nothing happens to you. We are trained for situations like this.”

“What are you supposed to do next? We can’t stay in this house forever.”

“Amber is probably making contact with the higher ups to analyze the situation as we speak. We need to make sure that no surprises will occur again. She will tell us tomorrow. Really, you have no reason to worry.”

Tiffany finally nodded feeling relieved, “Can I ask you a question?”

“It depends on the question.”

“So are you a bodyguard or some type of important special agent?”

“A bodyguard with Special Agent as my official title.”

“But you look like a kid,” Tiffany teased.

“What does looking like a kid have to do with it? And I do not look like a kid.” Taeyeon seriously said.

Tiffany laughed, “When I first saw you at school, I thought you were an elementary school kid waiting for their older sibling to finish school.”

Taeyeon stuck out her tongue at the girl beside her, “I’m still older than you are.”

Tiffany thought she should stop teasing the poor girl, “So what made you become a bodyguard?” Tiffany felt Taeyeon stiffen beside her.

“Umm, it’s too late now, we should go back to bed,” Taeyeon told the girl. Seeing how Taeyeon was avoiding the question, Tiffany decided to listen to her. They were walking up the stairs when suddenly, a bright flash and a loud crackling sound outside indicated that a thunderstorm was approaching. The sound caused Tiffany to jump and grab on to Taeyeon’s arm.

“Sorry, I just dislike thunderstorms,” Tiffany said while letting go of Taeyeon’s arm, “I usually have my Totoro with me.”

There was another strike of lightening that brightened up the sky, which caused Tiffany to hold to Taeyeon’s arm even tighter.

Taeyeon looked at how scared the girl was and asked her, “Would you like to sleep with me?”

Tiffany looked at the girl to confirm if it would be all right with her.

Taking the silence the wrong way, Taeyeon further explained, “I don’t me sleep with me but, like, sleep on my bed.”

“No no no no no,” Tiffany was surprised, “I wasn’t thinking that. Are you sure you would be comfortable sleeping with me? On the same bed, I mean.”

Taeyeon face palmed herself in her mind. She totally just made things more awkward between the two people due to her byuntae-ness.

“It’s alright with me, if it’s alright with you,” Taeyeon told the girl, trying to reverse the awkward situation.

They walked over to Taeyeon’s room and crawled under the sheets. They tried to place as much space between them as they possibly could.

“Umm, goodnight,” Tiffany told the girl beside her.

“Goodnight,” Taeyeon replied.

Surprisingly, it was the fastest the both of them had fallen asleep in a while.

 

The next morning, Amber arrived to the safe house earlier than expected.

“Mr. and Mrs. Walker, come in,” Amber lead Tiffany’s parents inside the house, “I told Taeyeon that I would be here at noon but we’re a little early. You can sit on the couch. Make yourselves at home. Let me go upstairs to find the two of them.”

Amber made her way up the stairs to the guest room to find the door slightly opened. She knocked on the door, “Tiffany? Are you awake? Your parents are here.”

There was no reply

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter