You're mine. Forever.

Faulty Promise

Mina.

02-05-2015

It was almost 2 PM already, so I fidgeted in a seat, impatiently waiting for my shift to end. Working as a cashier in a grocery shop wasn't this entertaining so I hoped for Yoojin to show up soon and take over the shop. At least there was no one other than me and I didn't have to deal with spoiled brats or complaining grannies from the neighborhood. I huffed and leaned on the counter, watching how hands of the clock moved slowly. 

"Come on, quickly, quickly." I muttered quietly, looking intently at the clock on the wall at the other end of the shop as if it would change anything. Then the entry doors opened and I cheered mentally because it meant I could finish earlier, but I instantly deflated when instead of pretty woman in her thirties, I saw a young man. And what a man he was. The moment he looked up and our eyes met, I jerked awkwardly and looked somewhere at the ceiling, pretending I wasn't looking at him. I bit my lower lip and slowly peeked down to see if the stunning stranger was away. With sigh of relief I relaxed in my seat and tried to look at his profile discreetly. The man was quite tall, had wide shoulders and what I could see from my position, was wearing a brown coat over black turtleneck and jeans of the same colour. But his face was so handsome I wondered how his parents looked to have a son like that.

I sighed and followed with my eyes every move the man made between the alleys. I imagined how would my life look if I had him as a boyfriend. He looks like a very clean person, who loves reading books, listening to classic music and in high school had a scholarship or was a president of student council. With someone like that we would be going on a date to fancy restaurants or operas, he would share with me some intelligent remarks and we would live in a simple house. That's for a starter of course. Later we would see. I sighed again and cursed myself mentally, for being so desperate. I just saw a man minutes ago and I already imagined how would our life look in next five or so years. Sulking, I looked down at the crossword waiting for me to solve and started doodling on the paper.

I was startled when someone cleared their throat and I looked up instantly. There stood the man with lifted and swiped to the side black hair, straight eyebrows, a little round but still perfect nose, full, plump lips and big but sharp, dark eyes that were so beautiful I forgot about the world. I was like hypnotized, until he cleared his throat and looked expectantly at me. 

"Uh, uh... Welcome!" I squeaked out and quickly cleaned the counter for the man to lay onto his products. I was so flustered I decided not looking up and shut my mouth. No one likes to humiliate himself in front of someone handsome. Or generally anyone. I pursed my lips and diligently scanned all the products wishing for the man to not think of me badly. 

"Is it all?" I asked quietly while packing his groceries to the bag. 

"No." Even the man's voice was perfect - low but at the same time soft and gentle. "May I know your name?"

With widened eyes, I looked up at the slightly smiling stranger. 

"Mine?" I asked shocked, too loudly for my liking. 

"Yes. My name is Kyungsoo." The man smiled wider, showing slightly his white teeth. 

"I'm Mi-ina." I stuttered slightly and blushed instantly. I swear, it was the first time a man decided to talk to me on his own accord. Yeah, I am such a loser. 

The man hummed. "Your name suits you."

"Does it?" I blinked rapidly at him. 

"Of course. But sadly, even if it's pretty, it can't compete with your beauty."

I hardly swallowed and bashfully lowered my head. No one ever complimented me, so I had no idea how to act. 

"B-beauty? I'm not, but thank you anyway?" I bit my lip and swiped the bangs on my forehead by habit. 

I heard Kyungsoo's low chuckle and I felt my body shivering from such a pleasant sound. Trying to distract myself I looked at the price of the groceries on my cashier. 

"Umm, it will be 23,500₩."

Shyly, I lifted my head and looked at the man. For the three years I worked in that shop, I have never seen him here or around in this small neighborhood. I wondered if he moved recently or was just passing by. 

"Here." I took the bills and gave him the change. I kind of didn't want him to go away, so when he bowed a little and sent me a small smile, I was a little disappointed. 

"I hope we will meet again." I smiled a little crookedly at Kyungsoo's words and nodded. 

He then turned around and headed to the doors, making me pout. In my head I dramatically leaned over the counter and with outstretched hand, I whispered 'No, don't leave me just yet.'

Kyungsoo then turned his head around while still walking. "Goodbye, Mina."

I waved at him. "B-bye Kyungsoo."

The moment door closed, I threw myself at the counter. 

"Never in my life I humiliated myself so much."

Brooding in my misery, I sat on the chair and at the same time door opened. I looked up and saw Yoojin walking my way. 

"Sorry for being so late." I waved her off. "What's wrong with you?" 

I sighed dramatically and looked straight in her eyes. 

"I just humiliated myself in front of the man of my life."

The woman shoot me a weird glance and stood just in front of me, where moments ago was Kyungsoo. 

"Really."

"Yes." I nodded gravely. "You had to see him, he left seconds ago."

"I haven't seen anyone. But don't worry, I bet he will come back."

 

 

 

 

 

12-05-2015

He didn't. At least 'not yet' how Yoojin ensured me. But still, it was almost two weeks since Kyungsoo was in the shop and I already forgot almost all his facial features. Most of the time I stayed a little overtime in case he would show up later, but no, there was no trace of him. And here I was once again, sitting by the counter and looking boredly at the clock. Yoojin was early this day but I still decided to wait until 2.15 P.M sharp in case Kyungsoo would show up.

"I can't believe it." My co-worker piped next to me, in the middle of reading a magazine. "It's quarter to two, and you're still in the shop. I mean, I know you wait for the boy, but you have never let pass an opportunity to go out earlier. It's really odd."

I scowled not moving my gaze from the clock. "He will come, so I need to wait."

"Sweetheart." Yoojin sighed. "You're too naive. I don't say it's a bad thing, but... it is a bad thing. You don't even know him and so you trust him?"

"I don't trust him." I mumbled and leaned on the counter. "I mean not with my life or something. He looked really trustworthy and so lovely and I just want to see him again."

"But even if he said he will meet you again, you can't be so enchanted by him."

I bit my lip.

"He... He didn't say he will come again." Yoojin at my words jerked and gaped at me.

"All this time I thought he said he will come! So what did he actually say?"

"That he hopes we will meet again." I moved my gaze to the counter to avoid Yoojin's disapproving gaze.

"Sweetheart... It's not the same. Maybe he just decided to be nice or didn't actually mean that. What if he already has a girlfriend or never comes again?"

Girlfriend? Never comes again? Can't be...

"It's... not the same?" I sadly mumbled and looked up. My friend's eyes softened and she looked apologetic. "You know what, I think I'll head back home now. Do you mind?" I asked while gathering my things like bag and shoes from under the counter.

"Don't be so sad about it, okay? And of course you can go." I nodded weakly and stood up, after undressing myself from the store's uniform.

I was so stupid for thinking someone would actually be interested in me. He will never come back, we will never get married and I'll die all alone. I'm so pathetic.

I was near the exit when door opened and I looked up a little startled from the action. My eyes widened.

"Hello Kyungsoo!" I chirped happily, forgetting about all the miserable thoughts from earlier.

Marriage will be held!

"Oh, hey Mina." Kyungsoo smiled while being a little out of breath. He remembers my name! "Heading home already?" Kyungsoo asked, looking at me with those beautiful dark eyes.

"Y-yes. You're doing shopping again?" I asked the stupidest question ever. What else is he going to do in the grocery shop - fishing? Duh.

"Actually, no." Oh. "I came to see you." My heart sped so much in an instant. "You're free now?"

"Yes." I answered with high-pitched voice. I tucked back a strand of my hair from my cheek and I was startled how hot my skin felt. 

"Then I would like to take you out, maybe walk you back home or something? What do you think?"

I felt like all my limbs were turning into a mush and my head was a mess. Such a handsome, fine man wants to take me out? How could I refuse?

"Of course. Walk with you would be lovely." I smiled softly. Nobody better dare to pull me to the Earth, because I'm on a cloud nine right now!

"Then let's go, shall we?" I nodded dazily and Kyungsoo opened the door, waiting for me to went out first. I took one step when my name was hollered. Reluctantly, I turned my head and saw Yoojin. Her expression was a mixture of worry and something else I couldn't decipher.

"I will see you tomorrow." She slowly said, while looking at me then at Kyungsoo with hard gaze. She looked at me again and subtly shook her head while squinting her eyes every half the second.

"Okay." I smiled widely and we went out of the shop. The day was sunny and quite warm, so I didn't take any jacket with myself, Kyungsoo instead was wearing a coat over the thick, beige jumper. I wondered how he's not hot in it - the spring this year was surprisingly pleasant, looking at the aspect of temperature.

I turned to Kyugsoo with smile and got a little startled upon finding him already looking at me. I felt my cheeks heating again and so I bashfully lowered my head.

"Do you have any place to go in mind or...?" He asked and I wondered briefly where I wanted to go. 

"Let's just..." I pointed out somewhere in front of me. "Go ahead of us?"

Kyungsoo nodded and we slowly moved down the road, with decent gap between us.

"To be honest," the man started, "I would really like to know you better."

I felt my cheeks heating. Again.

"I'd like to know you better too." I mumbled with smile. I was so excited! "So can you tell me something about you?"

"I'm twenty-four, I'm working in an I.T company and..." Kyungsoo frowned. "I don't know what to say more."

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I blurted out before I stopped the words. Panicking internally, I tried to cover my slip up, but I managed to only stammer.

Kyungsoo chuckled and shook his head. "No, I don't have anymore."

"Anymore?" I curiously leaned closer to the man with smile. "Who wouldn't want you as boyfriend." 

Okay, I admit, I was shamelessly flirting with him, but I couldn't let this guy go, right?

"It wasn't like that." The man looked at me with stone face and I leaned back, quite surprised by his abrupt seriousness. "She was murdered."

I waited shell shocked for him to start laughing and tell me it's just a joke, but it didn't happen. I stood in a place with open mouth.

Kyungsoo instantly looked uncomfortable. "God, I'm so sorry, it's not something you should tell a person you just met. I-I just..."

"It's okay, I really appreciate your honesty with me." I beamed at him and we resumed walking.

"Yeah, sometimes I'm too honest." Kyungsoo looked a little relaxed now so I was happy. I didn't want to dwell on the sensitive subject though, even if curiosity was eating me from inside. But maybe if our relationship progress, he will tell me more?

"It's better than being not honest enough, right?" I smiled widely. "So let me tell you something about me! I'm Jung Mina, twenty years old worker in the shop, only child of parents staying in Jeju. I live with my two dogs - Mandu and Baozi not that far from here. They are the cutest little things ever, really! You should meet them someday." I smiled sheepishly and shoot a brief gaze at Kyungsoo who was smiling softly.

"With pleasure. But why did you name your dogs after food?" I bit my lip, feeling shy.

"I was hungry when I entered the shelter."

Kyungsoo chuckled and I internally swooned. He sounded so masculine yet gentle.

"They are good names though." I nodded agreeing with the man. Our walk and stay in park was just like that - me mostly talking but with Kyungsoo butting in from time to time. I thought I couldn't like him more but I was proved wrong. He was just so nice, and polite, and lovely and simply perfect. I was sure I wouldn't let him go. 

When it was already 5 p.m. Kyungsoo had to go, so I came back home alone. Some time later, finally sitting on my couch, I dialed Yoojin's number. When she picked out, I didn't waste any time.

"Yoojin!" I squealed out. "I think I'm in love. Kyungsoo is the one, I'm one hundred percent sure."

There was a silence on the other side for a few seconds.

"Mina..." My friend sounded tired. "You can't fall in love that easily. You just met him, right? It doesn't work like that, you need to know him better first. You're just attracted to him, but I'm sure it's not love."

I frowned. Why is Yoojin so against us? She doesn't know how I feel with Kyungsoo even if we spent a little of time together. I'm sure of my heart and Yoojin can't change it.

"Have you ever heard about love at the first sight? That's our case! You don't understand." I whined and patted Mandu that sat next to me. "When I'm with him, it's like... I don't know how compare this feeling. But I know he makes me hopeful I can finally have a man and settle down. I'm not getting any younger you know?"

"My child, you're just twenty, what settle down you're talking about? I know it's the best time of your youth to make mistakes, but please, don't do anything stupid. And maybe you should slow down? What if you will change your mind about the man later? He will be hurt and you will be too. Don't be reckless, okay? Please."

"Mmm, okay, sure." I ignored almost the whole rant and skipped the part where Kyungsoo suggested a date next day and I happily agreed.

It's not lying, it's just not telling whole true.

 

 

 

 

 

04-10-2015

I entered a small cafe in the mall and looked around for Yoojin. When I saw her, she was sitting at the back of the room, looking really tired and holding a cup with both hands, but when I sat in front of her, she smiled brightly at me.

"Hey, what's up?" I neatly organized the napkins and menu on the table. My friend's smile wavered when I looked up briefly and her smile looked so fake right now.

"It's so long since we hung out together." Yoojin sighed and I leaned back comfortably in my seat. "Kyungsoo is taking you away from me."

I shrugged. "He's my boyfriend after all."

"Yeah, boyfriend of two months, but I'm your friend of almost three years. I want to have you for myself too. Aren't you tired of him, when you spent so much time together?"

I shook my head, while in fact, I wanted to nod. Kyungsoo was great, he was an amazing man, but a few weeks ago I started feeling like something's missing between us. He still made me jittery but I felt like my feelings decreased on intensity. It was bad, because Kyungsoo seemed to give more of him into this relationship with each day, while I was moving away from him step by step. But maybe I did something wrong and it's just a phase? You can't for sure feel content with one person your entire life. Maybe all I need to do is keep trying to love Kyungsoo?

"So is it serious between you two?" Yoojin asked, but I couldn't see her face, because I didn't want to move my eyes from the brown table. "Mina, do you want to spend all your life with this man?"

I panicked internally at her words, but shrugged again. Yeah, I said some time ago I want to settle down with him, but now that idea was scaring me. It's not like I think Kyungsoo is boring, really mature and overly controlling, but well, he is. And it's driving me crazy. I'd prefer to date someone crazy, who will give me surprises and not someone who thinks amusement parks are childish. AMUSEMENT PARKS. CHILDISH!

But I couldn't say it to Yoojin. She warned me before, said it's only attraction, but I was stubborn and didn't want to hear her out. So stupid of me.

"Can you plea-" She was cut in the middle of the sentence by her phone. Yoojin sighed and after checking the caller, she quickly picked it up.

"Hi." She smiled widely but frowned not long after. "W-wait. I can't hear you, let me find better signal." Yoojin sent me an apologetic look and stood from her seat. I watched how she moved back and I saw a person behind her holding a coffee. I was about to warn her, but it was too late - she bumped into a guy and the drink landed on her dark green shirt while the guy winced. Instantly, I stood up and grabbed Yoojin's arm, wanting to help her, but she was holding her drenched polo far from skin.

"I'm okay, it's nothing."

Before I managed to open my mouth, the man, who I just now noticed had closed eyes and white cane with him, uttered: "Oh my God, I'm so sorry, it was an accident, are you-"

"Yes, I'm okay, don't worry." Yoojin winced and I quickly tried to wipe the coffee from her shirt with napkins. The woman threw quick 'call you back in a second' to the caller and tucked the phone to her pocket.

"Are you alright, sir?" I asked when the man stood there uncertainly, tightly clutching his white cane. Almost all the customers in the cafe were looking at us like we were some kind of spectacle and it annoyed me a lot, so I glared at some people. 

"Yes, I am." The blind man answered but I saw some coffee trickling on his fingers. Before I could do anything, Yoojin poked my arm.

"I'll try to wipe my shirt in the toilet, okay?"

I nodded my head and my friend went away. A girl from the staff came to our table and started cleaning the mess, so I slowly grabbed the blind man's forearm.

"You got some coffee in your hand sir, let me help you." I grabbed my bag from the chair and dragged the man to the toilet for the men. I felt quite uncomfortable, but I it up and proceed to wash the stranger's hand with cool water to soothe the burn.

At least there wasn't anyone other than us in the room.

"You don't have to do that." The man said and I looked at him in the mirror. Even if his eyes were closed and I couldn't see them, it was obvious he was really handsome. His skin was pale and looked really smooth and his lips were tightly pursed. His hair was black. He was even quite tall, probably was the same height as Kyungsoo.

"It's no big deal." I smiled even when I knew he won't see it. I looked down and just then realized I was holding his hand all this time. His skin didn't only look, but felt smooth. It wasn't as red as before so I turned the water off and gently dabbed the towels on the wound. When the skin was dry, I gently blewon the burn and then stood straight. "I helped as much I could."

The man nodded. "Thank you so much."

"Nah, we all should help our fellow citizens. I hope your hand will recover soon."

The man smiled, making his cheeks look extremely puffy and squishy. "It will."

The door then opened and an old man walked in. He looked at us with furrowed eyebrows and went to the stall in the back, throwing suspicious glances in our direction.

"Um, I think we should go out now." I grabbed the already quite familiar arm and pulled the blind man out. Yoojin was nowhere in sight so I assumed she's still in woman's toilet.

"I won't take more of your time. Thank you one more time." 

I let go of the arm and nodded. "Anytime. Goodbye, uh, what was your name?"

"Kim Junmyeon." The man bowed and I bowed back.

"Right. Bye, Junmyeon!" I exclaimed.

"Goodbye." He waved, straightened his cane and slowly crept forward. I turned away and went to the other toilet. I sighed with relief when I saw Yoojin by the washbasins. When the woman saw me entering, she huffed and made a sad face.

"My shirt is ruined."

"Let me have a look." I said and came closer while my friend showed me her right side. There was a giant, dark stain and I had to agree, there will probably be a print after washing. "Yup, unfortunately, it is ruined."

Yoojin scowled. "Great. It looks like we'll need to take a rain check. I won't go around with this on my side."

"Okay." I murmured disappointed. It was quite long time since we saw each other after all. "I'll go with you to a bus stop." 

"No need, Minseok called and said he will give me a lift."

I nodded. "How are you two going? Not having any second thoughts?" I teased and got hit playfully in return.

"No and we won't have second thoughts even after the wedding." Yoojin rolled her eyes but nonetheless smiled.

"Good. I'm happy for you." I smiled.

"I'll be happy for you when you too get engaged." 

"Even if Kyungsoo will propose?" The smile on Yoojin's lips faltered. She sighed.

"Yes, even if you end up with him." Yoojin's phone then started ringing and so she quickly picked it up.

"Hey, you're already waiting?" The woman smiled a little and it looked like her face brightened from only hearing her fiance's voice. "Okay, I'm coming, bye." She ended the call, bid me farewell and went outside. 

I bit my bottom lip and fished my phone from my bag. There were three unread messages, all from Kyungsoo.

"Hey, how is your meeting going?"

Received: 9:04

"Have you eaten? I'll be having lunch break at 11AM, wanna go grab something together?"

Received: 9:48

"I miss you even if we saw each other yesterday haha. Just wanted to remind you that I love you."

Received: 10:00

He shouldn't text me in work. I frowned, locked my phone after answering quick "Ok. I'll be at your work place soon. I love you too." and put it my pocket. I looked at the mirror and scrutinized my face. Where is the brightness? The happiness? I sighed and headed out. Kyungsoo's workplace wasn't that far so I slowly went there by foot, while listening to music and trying to enjoy myself a little. I was there a little early so I stood outside and informed my boyfriend with text about my arrival. Few seconds later the doors opened and I quickly turned to see if it was Kyungsoo but I saw two other males.

"Oh! Mina!" The two men came to me and I greeted my boyfriend's workmates.

"Hello Sehun and Jongdae." I was quite awkward with them because it was like our third encounter and since we met, they always acted like my old friends, which unsettled me a little. We weren't close so why they acted like we knew each other since like, elementary school?

"Hi." Jongdae moved his head down to match my eye level. "Whatcha doing here? Waiting for our little Soo?"

I felt annoyed for him calling my boyfriend like that, but I only timidly nodded.

"Eyy, no need to act all shy around us. We're all friends, right?" The man grinned and stretched his arm out, probably to hug it around my shoulders but Sehun grabbed him and pulled back, making Jongdae stumble.

"You're so annoying, let the girl live." Sehun sent me a smile while Jongdae straightened his suit. In this moment the door opened again and Kyungsoo went outside. When he noticed the two men next to me, his gaze visibly darkened and he looked pissed. The man quickly walked to us, stood close beside me and sneaked one of his arms to hug my waist.

"Hi." Kyungsoo murmured and I looked up at him. His black bangs were slowly moving because of a light wind, dark and sharp eyes were intently boring into my own ones and his plump lips were stretched in a small smirk. He then moved his unoccupied arm and placed it on my jaw. In a second, he dived in and softly kissed me straight on the lips. It was already a familiar feeling so I closed my eyes and kissed him back, expecting him to move away - we were in public, with two of his friends watching us after all - but he only deepened the kiss and I instinctively grabbed his blazer. With opened arms I welcome the familiar, pleasurable squeeze in my guts. Before things could get too heated, I moved away and gently slapped the man on his chest, while gasping softly. 

"Kyungsoo." I whined and looked down embarrassed. My heart was beating furiously and I felt my cheeks getting hot. My boyfriend chuckled with his low voice and I felt more warmness spreading in my chest. 

"What, I missed you." Kyungsoo grabbed my hand and linked our fingers.

"PDA much?" I've heard Jongdae's voice but my sight was stubbornly stuck on the pavement. "Thanks for the show though." The man chortled with laughter and I cringed internally.

"We will be going, bye guys." Kyungsoo tugged me and I only bowed to the two.

"Hey, let's go together! We're- Ow, Sehun, why are you elbowing me!?"

I rolled my eyes but couldn't stop a smile forming on my face.

"So how was your day?" Kyungsoo asked and I shrugged at his question.

"Good, I guess. What about you?"

Kyungsoo then proceed to his story about things in his job I didn't understand and I tuned him out. Now and then I was humming to let him know I was listening while actually I was looking around the shops. 

"...and then the software stopped working. Blue screen showed up and I tried to work something in BIOS but-"

"Hmm? Continue." I said distractedly. I saw an advertisement nearby so my eyes were stuck on the colorful poster.

"You're not listening to me." Kyungsoo clucked his tongue and squeezed my hand for a second. Reluctantly, I moved my gaze to the man. He looked a little irked so I smiled sheepishly and hugged his arm.

"I zoned out for a second. Besides, I don't get most of the things you said." I sighed dramatically. "I guess it can't be helped when my boyfriend is so smart."

Kyungsoo chuckled, leaned down for a second and kissed my forehead. I scrunched my nose and pointed at the nearest noodle restaurant. 

"Let's go there?" 

"Sure." 

We quickly entered the restaurant and sat in the free table. There was a TV quietly buzzing in the background and whole interior design was quite dark. I felt kinda disappointed when I didn't see any windows so I could look outside. There wasn't a lot people around and we were instantly approached by a waitress. 

"Hello, what can I get you?" She smiled at us and I admired how pretty she was. The girl looked like that singer Kim Seolhyun? That really pretty girl group member. I moved my eyes to Kyungsoo who was lazily reading a menu. 

"What will you get, sweetheart?" The man asked and looked at me briefly. I searched the menu and chose the first dish that I saw.

"Cold noodles?"

Kyungsoo nodded and looked at the girl with expressionless face.

"We will have cold noodles and potato stew. Thank you." He then moved his gaze to me and his eyes visibly softened. The waitress bowed and went away. Kyungsoo made a small talk while we waited for our order, because I didn't make any effort to start the one myself. I just didn't think it was necessary to fill the silence with some conversation that doesn't go anywhere. When our food was delivered we quickly started eating. Half way through, Kyungsoo left his spoon in the bowl and straightened in his seat. I looked at him with lifted eyebrow.

"Why aren't you eating?" I asked when the man had his gaze stuck on me for a long time.

"Can we visit your parents?" He asked and I squared my shoulders while playing with the soup. Why my parents? I haven't met his either.

"Why?"

"What do you mean why. I want to meet my girlfriend's parents. Isn't it normal?" Kyungsoo sounded kinda bitter and I felt uncomfortable. 

I shrugged. "I guess. But we only dated for two months, isn't it a little too fast?" I panicked internally.

"We're practically like a married couple so I don't think so. I love you, you love me - end of the story. Why should we wait months to do something like other couples when we can have our own pace?" Kyungsoo looked at me expectantly and I started tapping my foot on the floor nervously.

I hummed and nodded my head, while looking at the food. Maybe I should somehow persuade him the trip to Jeju will cost too much or something. Before I could say something, Kyungsoo piped in.

"You do love me, right?" 

I jerked my head up and looked at him with widened eyes.

"Of course I do. What's with the question?"

Kyungsoo took his spoon and drank some of his soup. He was looking at me intently and I felt so small under his gaze. The man started tapping the spoon on the ceramic bowl rhythmically, while his face stayed unreadable to me.

"I don't even remember last time you were first to say the words to me."

I chuckled nervously and swiped my bangs. I looked straight at Kyungsoo's dark eyes and smiled a little. "I love you."

The man was looking at me indifferently but small smile formed on his lips and he stopped tapping the bowl. His gaze turned soft and I saw pure adoration on his face. "I love you too, so much." Kyungsoo then chuckled briefly and his eyes brightened. "Do you remember your previous cliche confessions from the middle of the nights?" He asked and I felt my cheeks heating. 

"Yah, you're not supposed to bring to the daylight things I said at night." I started eating the cold noodles again, hoping my boyfriend won't embarrass me. But well...

"I love you so, so much, even after death my love will remain the same." Kyungsoo teased with high pitched voice and I almost chocked on the soup. "Or If someone would put together love from the whole world, it wouldn't compare to how my own one is great to you."

"Yah!" I looked around but thankfully no one was around to hear the embarrassing words. "Stooop." I whined and looked pointedly at the man.

Kyungsoo chuckled and slightly pinched my cheek. "Okay, but your reactions are just too cute." 

I rolled my eyes and finished the food. When I looked at Kyungsoo, my heart involuntary broke a little. The man couldn't stop smiling, he looked so happy and clearly in love. Then why? Why I could make him the happiest man in the world but I felt so tired and bored because of him?

 

 

 

 

 

15-03-2016

I and Kyungsoo were seven months far in relationship. I assumed that if I'll give all my love to the man, with time the feelings from the start of our relationship will come back, but I was wrong. Even if I cared for him, spent as much time as I could with him and give a lot of effort, I still felt indifferent. Like my life with and without Kyungsoo wouldn't be so different. But I realized something important: my feelings shouldn't matter, as long as someone loves me with all his life, I should be content. If the prize for being loved and cared for is to lie here and there, I decided it's not that bad after all. But I wondered why I don't love Kyungsoo anymore. He was still nice, handsome and smart. He didn't change in a bad way so why the butterflies disappeared? Why was I so indifferent with him? Kyungsoo himself treated me with greatest love - omitting the times when we were with his friends, because he acted so possessively I felt like going crazy. And sometimes he liked to boss me around. He even banned me from literally holding a conversation with any man. Yeah, he didn't talk with other women either, but for goodness' sake, isn't it a little too much!? And, I really like skinship and I don't mind it, but when my boyfriend clings to me all the time and kisses me every two minutes in front of his group of friends, anyone would feel uncomfortable. If he would see me in company of any male, he would give me a silent treatment. That's what happened yesterday - we ordered some chicken and I was the one who opened the door to our shared apartment (He persuaded me to live with him - mostly to my chagrin). There was a cute delivery guy with whom I literally talked for a minute about their newest promotion for a chicken, when Kyungsoo saw us and haven't said a word to me a whole day. His childish behavior pissed me off like no other and I wasn't really patient. I haven't complained yet, but if it will go on longer, I won't stay silent.

Trying to let some steam out, I was walking around the city, even if it was already almost 10PM. I didn't have any purpose to where to go, I just roamed here and there and enjoyed the colorful life of city. A lot of people were strolling next to me, so I almost missed a person crouching near the curb. I stopped dead in my tracks and squinted to see the person better. It was a man who was struggling with something on the ground. I wanted to ignore him and go ahead, but thinking about being a better person, I came next to him wanting to help. It was probably a blind man, because he had his eyes closed behind his blonde fringe and his white cane was evidently stuck in the sewer drain.

"Excuse me." I leaned down and gently touched his shoulder, making the man move his head a little in my direction. "Do you need any help?"

"I would be grateful." He nodded.

I moved closer, grabbed the stick and pulled it while turning it from side to side. When the stick came out, I cheered internally and placed it in the stranger's hand.

"Here you are!" I smiled and looked at the man's face. He looked quite familiar.

"Thank you so much." He bowed slightly and grinned, displaying his white teeth and making his cheeks puffy.

"Oh, ah!" I yelled and stood up with the man. "I know you! You were the one to spillt the coffee on my friend!"

The man frowned and tilted his head to the side. He then nodded and smiled bashfully. "Right, I was sure I heard your voice somewhere."

"Uwah, I didn't expect us to meet again! What was your name?" I asked, maybe a little rudely, with a smile.

"It's Kim Junmyeon." The man bowed again and extended his hand. I took it and shook a little.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kwon Mina!" It was me who bowed this time. "Wow, what a small world!"

"Indeed." The man grabbed his stick tightly with both hands and fidgeted. "Um, can I ask you for a favour? If it's not a bother, of course."

"Yeah, sure, what it is?"

"I kind of, uh, got lost. Do you know where Donggyo-ro is?"

I looked around and lifted my eyebrows. "It's here."

"Really? Where exactly?" 

"Um, on our right there is Cafe Nescape and in front of us there is 7Elepen. I don't see any signs of what's the street though."

"It's enough, I know where we are. Thank you one more time." He bowed twice and I only chuckled.

"No problem. Will you get where you need on your own or should I-"

"No, no, I can manage. But thank you for asking." Junmyeon smiled, making me grin. "I'll head now, thank you!"

"Don't need to thank me so much." I chuckled. Someone then yelled Junmyeon's name and I looked in the direction. There was a tall, older woman, looking around anxiously.

"Oh, it's my mom, she's probably worried. I'll go first, okay?" The man swiped his bangs from the forehead and I admired how beautiful he looked. The blonde hair really suited him.

"Uh, yeah sure, okay." I answered a little dazily. "Bye."

"Goodbye." Junmyeon bowed and yelled for his mom. I watched how he came to his mother and both of them went ahead. I felt sad when I realized how much he had to suffer from his blindness.

I sighed and wanted to turn around when I felt like all air left me and I got dizzy. It happened in seconds. Someone clothed in black hoodie ran between Junmyeon and his mother, pushing the man roughly to the side, who not expected the impact, fell straight on the busy road. Under the wheels of a speeding bus. Cars were honking, people screaming everywhere and I felt literally detached from my body. I couldn't think about anything, my legs moved itself until I was standing with other witnesses and looking at the mother trying to rescue her son with CPR. Everyone was talking, the bus driver exclaimed that the ambulance is on way, but I only could look at poor Junmyeon, laying there limply, smeared with his own blood. It was horrible. His blonde hair were mostly red now and when he earlier looked like an angel from Heaven, now he seemed like a fallen one. The man's mother was sobbing uncontrollably and talking to her son, saying things like he should wake up quickly and that tomorrow there's his recital so he needs to practice at least one more time. It was hearbreaking sight.

Thankfully, we were quite near the hospital so not long after, the ambulance arrived. Junmyeon's mother explained to the medical lifeguards what happened, who she is and that she's a nurse by a job. The police came too but I quickly turned around and almost ran to our apartment on wobbly legs. I hoped Junmyeon will survive and recover soon. Not being able to get from my head the situation I pondered how someone could be so irresponsible and push someone on the road. Shaking my head, I tiredly went to the familiar building where my and Kyungsoo's apartment was, and minutes later I entered our apartment. When I only made a step to the flat, I felt the horrible stench of an alcohol and cigarettes. Angered, I slammed the door and looked for my boyfriend, without even pulling off my shoes.

"Kyungsoo! Where the hell are you?" I yelled when I haven't seen him in the livingroom. 

"What!" There was a shout from the kitchen and I headed there in a seconds. The room was a mess; dirty plates on the table and the counter, food scattered around and the air was grey from the cigarette smoke. Kyungsoo was sitting by the table, sipping his beer and playing with the cards.

"You were playing with others, weren't you?" I scowled and folded arms on my chest. The man put his bottle on the table and lazily looked at me.

"We were playing, so what?" He rolled his eyes.

"How much money you lost, huh!?" I yelled furiously. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and stood up violently, making his chair scratch the floor.

"You shouldn't care, it was my money." He took his bottle and passed by me a little unsteadily. I scoffed and walked after him to the living room.

"You're disgusting." I said looking at his disheveled appearance, bloodshot and droopy eyes and dirty clothes. The man shot me a bored look and turned the TV on. "I told you to stop drinking, haven't I?" Kyungsoo took a sip from the bottle and turned the volume up, ignoring me and making me furious. "Look at me and answer when I'm talking to you!" 

The man stood up quickly and towered over me menacingly. "Here I am princess, for your commands." He mocked and grimaced. "Wanna talk? Let's talk. Where were you so late, huh? Cheating on me?"

What is wrong with this man!?

"Don't you dare groundlessly accuse me of something I haven't done!" I pushed the man and he swayed a little. "You're pathetic." I spat and took the bottle from Kyungsoo's hold. He visibly gritted his teeth and wanted to take his bottle back but I held it from his reach.

"Give it back, you selfish idiot!" He screamed at my face and took the bottle back with a lot of force. I gaped at him with blood loudly humming in my ears and heart beating crazily.

"What..." My throat hurt from yelling. "Did you just call me?"

Kyungsoo visibly paled and opened his mouth for a second then closed it clearly speechless. In a second, he sobered a little. I felt tears b in my eyes and when a sob escaped my lips, they fell down.

"Mina..."

I turned around and ran from the apartment in a haze. It hurt so much when he called me an idiot, not only emotionally, but like my heart actually broke. 

"M-mina!" I didn't wait for an elevator and quickly escaped by the stairs. I've heard footsteps behind me so I sped up and entered an alleyway. When I was halfway through, Kyungsoo grabbed my shoulder and turned me around.

"Wait for goodness' sake when I'm calling you!" He looked livid again.

"No!" I pushed him from me with all my strength and he fell on the ground with a groan. "Leave me alone!"

I turned around and planned to head back to the apartment, wanting to lock myself in the bedroom, but stopped frozen when I heard gurgling behind me. I looked there and saw Kyungsoo laying limply next to some metal trashes.

"Soo? Kyungsoo?" I whispered hesitantly. Cautiously, I went closer and when I could clearly see the man in the moonlight, waves of nausea hit me. Kyungsoo was unmoving and sharp things were sticking from his abdomen and throat and...

Oh my God. I killed a human, I killed my own boyfriend. Adrenaline kicked in, I panicked and flew from the scene to the apartment. My heart was beating so fast like never before, sweat trickled down my back and face and I started hysterically crying. The TV was still on in the living room, but I didn't even bother with it, I just stumbled to the bedroom, locked the door and hid myself under the blanket like a coward.

What the hell I did???

 

Kyungsoo.

When I opened my eyes, I jerked violently on the ground and quickly looked around. I guessed I was laying in some kind of burnt forest; there was an ash everywhere and I couldn't specify if it was night or day - the light there was dim. I stood up with help of a dead tree and tried to decipher what place it accurately was... Still Seoul?

Someone tapped me on the shoulder and I quickly turned around to see a tall man with black, straight, long hair hiding most of his face, excluding corners of his blood red eyes and protruding ears. He was wearing a black cape, but otherwise, he was stark . Frightened, I took a few steps back.

"Who are you? Where the hell I am!?" I yelled and expected to feel my heart beating furiously from fear, but there was nothing. My heart wasn't beating. Have I lost my mind!?

"I'm Chanyeol." The man announced. "And you already answered your second question."

My eyes widened. "Wha-"

"Tell me Kyungsoo, do you want to return to the living ones for the price of a few tasks?" Chanyeol calmly cut me in.

"How do you know my name!? What's happening here!?" I indignantly exclaimed. There were so many questions in my hand. The last thing what I remembered was me laying in an alley with freaking metal shards steaking from my body.

Am I hallucinating?

"Simple question Kyungsoo, yes or no, I won't be speaking with you a whole day. I'll explain everything when you'll answer me. Yes or no."

I was so confused, what that freak means by returning? Was I really dead and ended in Hell? No way! But then, why my heart wasn't beating? And after all I was killed. By my own girlfriend. I couldn't totally grasp the fact yet.

"Yes. Now tell me, what's really going on?" I folded my arms on chest and I felt my shirt uncomfortably sticking to my skin. I looked down and saw it soaked in blood. Scared out of my wits, I looked at Chanyeol who was slowly coming closer to me. I wanted to run away from him, he looked so dangerous and terrifying, but somehow I wasn't able to move. When he was inches away from me, I realised he was about two heads taller than me. He was huge. I watched with shock how from the man's eye fell drop of a red tear, that looked too much like blood, and slipped down his cheek, leaving a trail of authentic crack on Chanyeol's skin. The man gathered the tear with his clawed forefinger and touched forcefully with the digit my forehead. It hurt so much, I felt like someone was trying to crack my skull open with a hammer. Loud, cracking sounds filled my ears and I felt like someone was strangling my whole body. Strong wind hit us, making Chanyeol's hair fly in every direction and showing his grinning face that looked so much like the one of a psychopathic killer from a horror but worse, because the man had black liquid lavishly oozing from behind his long and pointy fangs.

"See you soon my minion." I've heard hysterical laugh in my ears and everything turned black again.

 

 

 

 

 

I was back in my apartment, standing in the living room and everything looked the same like I left it. I felt great - like a newborn but better, stronger and more intelligent. I was aware that I died and turned into a demon. From the moment Chanyeol changed me, he was my master and I was his minion. Because he gave me his tear, he gave me part of his soul and so some of his knowledge, power and bloodlust.

I stretched out my hand for a remote control and got pleasantly surprised by the long, black claws on my fingers. I turned the TV off and slowly headed to the source of pure misery and anguish - the bedroom where my little kitten was hidden. I've heard her crying ceased on intensity and she was only sniffing and breathing quickly. Smiling, I grabbed the door handle, turned it and pushed, but the door was closed. I frowned and pushed stronger - the handle broke with a loud bang and I slowly went inside. Even if it was dark, I could see a big pile of blanket on the bed, shaking with fear and I my bottom lip while smirking. Carefully, I inched forward and every time my soft steps were heard, the whimpering from Mina was getting louder. When I was inches from her, I grabbed the blanket and pulled it quickly. 

"Hello, love." I hissed and my beautiful girlfriend, now disheveled with wet, red cheeks, hair stuck to sweaty forehead and face twisted in horror, screamed at the top of her lungs. Mina lunged to the side, clawing at the sheets and trying to run away, but I grabbed her by thighs and pulled to myself.

"Tell me sweetheart," She trashed under me, screaming for help, so I sat on her abdomen and covered with my palm. "why did you kill me?" I tilted my head and moved my head closer to hers. I could see my reflexion in Mina's widened eyes and curiously watched my beautiful, black scleras. I smiled and two rows of sharp fangs poked from behind my lips. The girl then turned limp in my hold and I frowned, then scoffed annoyed.

"Aish, really, you had to faint in the best moment love." I shook my head and kissed softly the tip of her nose. "I guess, I will have to do it that way."

I sighed, lifted my clawed hand and-

 

 

 

 

 

Mina.

I felt like I was floating on the clouds. I warily opened my eyes and drowsily blinked. I saw bare treetops covered in ashes and frowned. Where was I?

I heaved myself up and looked around. I was alone in the forest that looked like it burnt a long time ago. Something tickled me on my throat so I touched the skin there and looked at my fingers. My palm was in blood, so disgusted, I quickly tried to wipe my hands on my pants but it didn't want to come off. On the brink of crying, I bit my lip and tried to calm myself. 

"Do you still love me?" I've heard distant cry. Totally freaked out, I turned around and wanted to hide myself or run until my legs would give up, but I stumbled to something hard. I looked up and stepped back, only to freeze like a sculpture with dread filling every cell in my body.

"You said that your love will remain the same after death." A monster with Kyungsoo's facial features leaned down, only breath away from me."So we will spend whole eternity, loving each other."

And then he smirked, showing his fangs.

 

 

 


A/N: I wanted this story to teach people a few things: don't blindly trust a stranger if you don't know them. Don't be embarrassed to seek help from your friends. Don't make promises you can't keep. Don't run into an alley when it's night (XD jk lol)

Someone else wanted to stab Mina to death with a toothpick? No? Just me? Okay...

Sorry for not writing death scenes - I wanted to make it quite mild hehe~~ But, did I... Did I kill everyone important? LOL XD

My first Kyungsoo shot, you like it? You think it's a trash? Comment down below! ╰(⌒‿⌒)╯