This Long Distance

Nobody Should Get Hurt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m so embarrassed right now.” Sur whispered to him after his reaction.

“Just give me a minute okay?” Baekhyun said as he withdrew his phone and dialled a number on his way out.

Sur felt like the biggest dimwit ever. She felt so bad that she actually started crying in guilt. She had to go and apologise to him. He probably felt much degraded by her and she had to assure him that she was the fool for not knowing his name and he was such a great guy of a great group. Though she felt a bit weak from her medications, she still sat up straight and struggled to get out of bed. The drip and machines attached to her made moving heavy and difficult so she just detached herself from it all and coggled towards the door.

Baekhyun at first was genuinely shocked at what Sur had said. Then after the shock came a bit of disappointment, not at her but rather at himself for not working hard enough. Soon after though, he felt sincerely fascinated by everything.  This was his first time after debuting for someone to not know his name and openly admit to it. This was such a moment that the next thing that came to his mind was to call Chanyeol and tell him about what happened whilst the moment was still live. He missed the expression of distress that swept over Sur when he went out the door and waited for Chanyeol to pick up.

“Baekhyun hyung, what’s up? Miss me already?” Chanyeol answered his phone with his usual enthusiasm.

“Chanyeol-ah something epic just happened.” Baekhyun sounded excited and it quickly rubbed off onto the other end.

“Tell me tell me! What happened?” Curiosity and impatience were already getting the better off Chanyeol.

“So you remember that girl that got injured at the concert yesterday and we came to visit her last night?”

“Yes yes! Ah did you get her number for Lay hyung?”

Baekhyun furrowed a bit at this and he didn’t even realise it. “Didn’t Lay hyung say he can’t date her cause of his culture what what?”

“Oh yeah he did. So what is it about the y foreigner?”

Baekhyun could imagine the wiggle of Chanyeol’s eyebrows and the smirk on his face as he said this. “So I came with my mum to see her friend and I decided to check on Sur while waiting for her.”

“Hold up. Who’s Sur?”

Baekhyun literally rolled his eyes at this. “The y foreigner who likes Lay is called Sur dummy.”

“Oh!” Chanyeol mentally face palmed for forgetting that.

“And guess what?”

“Hyung, just tell me already!”  Chanyeol groaned in complaint.

“She doesn’t know my name!”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol both let out a loud laugh at that.

“What?” Chanyeol seemingly couldn’t believe it either. This was a rare occurrence.

“Yep, she came to the concert, her favourite song is Miracle in December which I’m part of and she likes Lay hyung but she doesn’t know my name.” Baekhyun sounded more fascinated than anything else.

“Wah! Isn’t it the hit to her head? Maybe her memory got wacked up?”

“Nope, she actually admitted to not knowing my name ever.”

“Wo! She is a special fan this one.”

“Yep she is. I never thought I’d get to see such a day since our debut.”

“But hyung, why do you sound happy about it? Shouldn’t you be disappointed instead?”

“It’s fascinating Chanyeol-ah.”

At that moment he noticed the door opening and was shocked to see Sur wobbling towards him. He quickly ended the call and ran to her. She looked pale and isn’t the machines are not supposed to be removed? Was she even allowed to wander around?

“Hey, what are you doing out here? You should be in bed right now.” He asked as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders to support her, she was looking weak.

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you.” She said weakly.

“What? Is that why you came out here? Come on.” He tried to lead her back into her room but she stopped him.

“You’re a great guy sir, really and your voice is amazing, Exo is amazing too and I’m such a fool for not giving you enough credit. I’m so sorry. I should learn more about you.” She said everything so fast that Baekhyun didn’t get over half of what she said due to her accent. When he was about to assure her it’s okay, she slumped forward and collapsed into his hands.

“Oh no! Oh no! Sur!’ he tried to shake her a bit before he carried her back onto her bed and alerted the nurses through the buzzer in her room. He was so panicky that the buzzer slipped twice before he managed to press it. His other hand kept holding Sur’s own hand. Soon enough the nurses came rushing in and he was ushered out whilst they examined her. He saw Dr. Lee run into the room, right past him. He chewed on his lower lip in anxiety and worry before his phone vibrated.

From #Channie

Hyung? What happened?

From #Baek

Sorry for hanging up like that. Sur just fainted.

From #Channie

Oops. Hope she will be okay. Keep me updated okay.

From #Baek

Okay

One nurse ran out of the room with a tray and came back with the same tray but now with a white box and a dish containing bluish thick liquid. He tried to ask her if Sur was okay but she excused herself saying she had to hurry. He wiped his forehead with the back of his hand as he sweated profusely due to anxiety. His phone vibrated and he loured thinking it was Chanyeol again before checking the text.

From #Umma

Hyunie, where are you? Let’s go now.

From #Hyunie

Umma, please go first. I’ll follow later.

From #Umma

But it’s already so late. Where are you and what are you doing?

From #Hyunie

Umma, it’s to do with work. I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter