Life Plan Changes

Nobody Should Get Hurt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month after their night, Sur found herself being moved to SM Health together with BoYoung and ChaeWon and other workmates under ChaeWon. It stuck at the back of her mind that this was the same company as Baekhyun worked. She tried her best to not think about it since she would feel a cold chill run down her heart at the memories. So long as they didn’t cross paths, then everything would be okay.

The team settled in pretty well and though the first few days were hectic, they soon got the hang of it. Sur had other things to worry about other than the settling in though. Her menstrual diary application had warned her over a week ago that her monthly cycle was about to begin but it still hadn’t come. At first she got worried that she might be pregnant but then she remembered she had taken a pill and so she thought her period was just delayed. It was beginning to get to her now.

That particular morning, BoYoung had been talking excitedly about some girl group that was now back in Korea and other things that Sur didn’t quite catch. Her mind was busy weighing out her chances of being pregnant till she felt a paper ball hit her on her cheek.

“Yah!” She shouted towards the only other person in the shared office.

“What are you thinking about? I’ve been talking alone for some time now thinking you were actually listening,” BoYoung replied with an irritated pout.

Sur was definitely not going to share what was on her mind. “Sorry unnie. What were you saying?”

“I said Girls’ Generation is back! I can’t wait for their comeback.” BoYoung said excitedly.

Sur quickly recked her brain to see if she remembered who Girls Generation was. She knew it was a girl group under SM as well but she wondered if there was anything BoYoung had previously mentioned about them that she should know. “Well? That’s good then I guess.”

BoYoung didn’t seem to catch onto Sur’s ignorance. “It’s not only good, it’s great. And Exo is coming back to start on their next album. I’m so excited and I can’t wait to bump into all the SM artists! Oh, I made an excellent choice of a career in my life.”

Sur shook her head. It had been a week since they had moved workplaces and BoYoung was still so excited. “I’m sorry unnie but I still don’t see what’s so great about that.”

“What? Do you even live in Korea right now?” BoYoung exaggerated her shock and Sur just laughed at her while shrugging. “You remember Baekhyun from Exo right?”

Sur immediately stiffened at the mention of the name. Her face fell in a flash but BoYoung was too preoccupied to think deeply about it.

“You don’t remember him?” She interpreted Sur’s change in expression to mean she had forgotten about Baekhyun. BoYoung decided to remind her, “The hot eyeliner vocalist from Exo who…”

“I remember I remember!” Sur cut her off. She couldn’t bear hearing about him and it made her feel nauseated and a bit lightheaded.

“Good. So I was saying this is great because he finally gets to be with his girlfriend again. Imagine how much they must have missed each other…”

Sur thought she heard wrong for a minute. “Gir- girlfriend?”

“Uhh, yes? Taeyeon, the leader of Girl’s Generation? So now they…Oh! Sur what’s wrong?”

Sur’s lightheadedness seemed to have multiplied tenfold as BoYoung was talking. She clutched her head and leaned over her desk trying to stop the world from floating around. She tried to ask if she had heard correctly and mumbled, “He has a girlfriend?” but BoYoung couldn’t catch what she said.

“What? What did you say Sur? Are you okay?”

Sur couldn’t respond coherently and kept clutching her head as she fell from the chair she was sitting on. BoYoung caught her in time and helped her to lie down. She ran to the next office while shouting frantically to ChaeWon for help. By the time ChaeWon rushed into the office, Sur had passed out and she called her husband for help while getting Sur rushed to the emergency ward.

*

The nine boys were excited to be back at the company and kept sharing stories of what they had been up to. Right now they were having a medical check up when JoongKi got a call. He excused himself to the side when he saw it was his wife.

“Jagi…”

“JoongKi! It’s Sur! Hurry!”

“Hey, calm down. I can’t make out what you’re saying right now. What’s going on?”

JoongKi had grabbed the attention of the other men in the room without meaning to. The room got quiet as they all listened to what was going on.

“It’s probably just one of his patients.” KwangSoo spoke to the seemingly terrified boys to get their attention back to something other than JoongKi and his phone call.

Just when the mood was back up, JoongKi rushed to KwangSoo and started organising his bag in a hurry. “It’s ChaeWon.” He spoke towards KwangSoo. “Sur collapsed in her office so she has been rushed to the emergency ward. I gotta go, take care of the rest please?” He asked as he zipped up his bag and ran out without waiting for a response.

The other boys were busy chatting but Chen had he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter