To Your Homecoming

Nobody Should Get Hurt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter focuses on Baekhyun and Taeyeon mostly. Sur will only be mentioned but no focus on her. 

That weekend, three weeks after his one night stand, Baekhyun found himself walking into Taeyeon’s apartment with a bottle of champagne, a bunch of grapes and a few blue cheese cubes. Taeyeon wasn’t the typical roses and chocolate loving girl. He had spent some time trying to decide on what would be an appropriate gift to show up with. He saw a purple cuddly teddy bear and his mind couldn’t help but think about how much Sur would probably love that. She did love her cuddles after all.

He was excited to see his girlfriend after so long, but he was also nervous about it. He wasn’t planning on telling her about Sur tonight though since that would ruin their welcome celebration. He pressed the doorbell once and fidgeted slightly as he waited for her to come and open the door.

What he didn’t expect was for her to come and open the door in only a drying towel wrapped around her body and another small one in her hair. She wore a happy smile, the one that had made him fall in love with her in the beginning.

“Baekkie!” She exclaimed as she hugged him tightly and ushered him in.

“Hello babe.” Baekhyun greeted her with a chaste kiss. As he withdrew, she immediately pulled him back for a deeper kiss than he had given her. If it was any other day, Baekhyun would have swept her up and carried her to the bed by now.

He was the first to pull away, an apologetic smile on his face as he raised the items he had bought and walked into the dining room to set them on the table. He didn’t miss the small frown that swept through her face for a second before she smiled at him and followed him to the dining room. “I bought us wine to celebrate your homecoming.” He said after settling everything down and going to get two wineglasses.

“Thank you. I hadn’t cooked dinner though. Thought we may order in?”

“It’s okay babe. I already ordered us your favourite Thai delicacy. Must be here soon. Maybe you could go and get dressed in the meantime?” She never cooked, that was a given so he had prepared everything in advance.

“You usually don’t mind me staying like this though. This was supposed to be my I’m back home gift to you.” Taeyeon pulled a chair and sat by the dining table as she was, clearly ignoring her boyfriend’s earlier suggestion.

Baekhyun felt bad. He knew exactly what she meant. He did always say he liked her like this, claiming it gave him that family feel of seeing your wife in the morning just after her shower. However, he knew he just couldn’t. The guilt that was eating him up would not allow him to be intimate with her. She clearly wanted him and heck had it not been for Sur, he’d be wanting her too.

He took a deep breath to calm himself down and his thoughts. Without realising it, he changed the topic to something else. “How was your flight?” He pulled the chair across from hers to sit down and rested his head in the bridge he had made with his clasped hands.

“Fine.” She shrugged, standing up and going into her room. Baekhyun wasn’t sure if that was a reply to his question or a comment about him ignoring her verbal advances. He ran a hand through his hair, temporarily messing it up before he quickly tried to put it back into order. Seriously he wanted to cry but now, he needed to practice his acting skills and not get Taeyeon frustrated.

She came back wearing her pyjamas, getting the point across that Baekhyun had ruined the mood. Their food soon came and they ate mostly in silence. The toast was made and Taeyeon noticed for the first time since they started dating that Baekhyun didn’t toast to the two of them. He toasted, “To your homecoming, to a great rest and an even brighter future.” but not ‘to us’.

Taeyeon didn’t comment then but she had to say something. The mood was awfully tense and low and she couldn’t help the lumpy insecure feeling growing in her. After their toast, they moved into the lounge where they sat down on the sofa, continuing with the grapes and cheese. She turned to face him, ignoring whatever variety show he had started following on the TV.

“Baekkie?” She started.

He hummed in answer but didn’t take his eyes off the screen. She began running her finger slowly up and down his left arm. Her hand extended towards his shoulder and down his chest, keeping a keen eye on him. His heart was beating fast and he finally turned to look at her. She captured his lips in a passionate kiss as she shifted to straddle his lap.

Images of Sur came rushing into Baekhyun’s mind. This was the wrong time to think of this but it was all he could think about. He reached out to take her hands in his, taking them out of his shirt where they had been rubbing and roaming around. “Noona, let us not. Not now.” He tried to not sound exhausted or harsh but whichever way he had said it, rejecting your girlfrie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter