Chapter 16

Heartfelt Voice

Stepping out onto the porch, looking around the front yard, she saw no one. "Damn kids, where are they?" Jiyeon shouted, stomping her right foot on the ground.

"Sweetie, why were you shouting?"

Jiyeon walked towards the sound of her mother's voice and saw her with her watering-can standing among the flowers in the side yard. "Mom, did you see where my students went?" she asked.

"I saw them head to the west," her mother answered, and she caught her mother's concerned look with a questioning brow raised. "Do they quarrel?"

She gave her mother a nod. Before her mother could open , Jiyeon moved hurriedly down the street, her eyes scanning the road, worry whirling around in her head. What if the boys will end up fighting?

Jiyeon heaved a sigh of relief as she found Jaehyun standing face to face with Taeyong in the middle of a playground near a small children's carousel while Chaeyeon was beside her cousin, tugging at his shirtsleeve. A group of boys and girls were playing on the swings. Two little boys were laughing and sharing a swing, taking turns pushing as they soared through the air. Looking into those innocent, happy faces brought a smile to her face. Jaehyun's lips parted in a tiny smile as she approached them. She stopped three steps behind Taeyong and folded her arms across her chest, watching them.

"Stop it, Chae." Taeyong caught Chaeyeon's hand.

"Tae, we better go home now," Chaeyeon said, her voice quivering slightly.

Taeyong pointed to the small children's carousel with the index finger of his free hand, saying, "Go and wait me there."

"Chaeyeon, you don't need to worry. I'm not going to fight with him," Jaehyun told her in a reassuring tone.

"So why the hell did you bring me here?" Taeyong released Chaeyeon's hand.

"To seek the truth," Jaehyun replied in a clear, confident voice. "You said the sun goes completely black only during a solar eclipse. No, you're so wrong. You have been lied to. The sun is not what you think it is."

Taeyong ruffled his hair. "Oh really? How do you know?" he almost shouted.

"Look directly into the sun." Jaehyun pointed his right index finger towards the source of very bright light in the sky. "Behind that intense bright light, you will discover the truth."

"You're asking me to look directly at the sun?" Taeyong snapped. Simultaneously, Chaeyeon said in a low-pitched voice, "For God's sake don't do it. UV light can damage your eyes. Sir Isaac Newton tested this theory by putting a mirror in a dark room and looking at the reflection of the sun in the mirror. Looking directly at the sun is dangerous and a waste of time. It's just too bright to see any detail with your eyes."

Jaehyun gave Chaeyeon a smile. "You're wrong, Chaeyeon. Looking directly at the sun is not dangerous and a waste of time. Don't underestimate the eyes God gave us," he told her, "I'm going to show that Sir Isaac Newton was wrong to think that looking directly at the sun damages the eyes."  

"Don't be silly!" Chaeyeon shouted, clenching her hands into fists.

Jaehyun blinked, a fleeting expression of surprise crossing his face. "It's the first time I've heard you shout," he blurted out.

Jiyeon felt the atmosphere grow more tense. She clapped her hands to get their attention. Taeyong and Chaeyeon turned around. She offered them a smile, which Jaehyun returned. Chaeyeon's response was a tiny nod, her expression neutral, whereas one of Taeyong's eyes narrowed at her, his lips pursed.

"Chaeyeon, Taeyong, let me tell you guys." Jiyeon stared at them alternately. "Sir Isaac Newton was wrong. I've tested the theory 'staring directly into the sun damages the eyes and leads to blindness'. The theory is complete bull."  

Taeyong blew out a loud sigh. "Jiboast, stop talking nonsense," he said, his voice dripping with annoyance.

She stepped closer to him and laid her hand on his shoulder. "Taeyong, we live in a world filled with deception and manipulation—" Jiyeon stood on tiptoe and whispered into his ear, "You need to learn how to question everything that is presented to you. It's very naive people believe science is the only area of man's activity which is not manipulated and not corrupt. Yes, science is a wonderful tool for understanding the material world, but at the same time, it's a wonderful tool for brainwashing, and it's great at killing people. Blindly accepting anything is what led humanity to the path of ignorance—" Jiyeon took a step backward and looked at Jaehyun. Patting Taeyong's upper arm, she continued, "Jaehyun, now show this boy that Sir Newton was wrong."  

Jaehyun nodded, smiling widely. She returned his smile, and then she turned her gaze to Chaeyeon. "Let's go there," Jiyeon said, taking her by the hand and leading her to the small children's carousel, which had four seats. They sat down on the seats and watched as Jaehyun looked directly at the sun.

A few moments later, Chaeyeon took her hand, holding it loosely in hers. Her gaze shifted to Chaeyeon, and Jiyeon saw creases of worry lining her face.

Her bottom lip quivered as she spoke, her tone barely above a whisper, "Teacher Park, please tell him to stop. What if—"

"No need to worry," Jiyeon cut her off, her hair. "Jaehyun told me that he has been studying the sun by looking directly at it since he was fifteen."

"Really?"

She nodded. "Chaeyeon, the sun is not dangerous. God doesn't make mistakes; we are designed to be in the sun. I have nothing but appreciation and love for the light that shines upon me. Let me tell you something, like most people, you've been deceived and brainwashed," Jiyeon told her softly. "Close-up footage of the sun, taken by Solar Dynamics Observatory, is Computer Generated Images. The actual sun is black, no spots, no flares. How do I know? Directly observe the sun with my bare eyes. Observation is the first step in the Scientific Method; watching astronauts on television isn't valid scientific observation. So use the eyes God gave you to observe the sun, and you will discover the lies they have fed you—" She paused, gulping. Pointing her index finger to the source of very bright light in the sky, she continued, "The truth is there behind that very bright light."

Chaeyeon's gaze followed in the direction Jiyeon indicated, and she quickly turned her gaze away. Chaeyeon bit her lip, lowering her head. After a moment's silence, she spoke, "But why do they lie about the sun? I think it doesn't make sense that they lie."    

"They lie because they want to make money, control and enslave the people on Earth. Those greedy materialistic elites use fear-mongering 'looking directly at the sun damages the eyes and makes you go blind' because they don't want you to see the truth. The sun is not a giant hydrogen bomb. The sun's nuclear furnace myth, which was created to support energy baron profits and control, is exposed by Mr. Eric Dollard, an Electrical Engineer. Mr. Dollard completely rejects the Fusion theory and maintains that the sun produces no energy but is a transformer/converter that converts energy from another dimension or counter space. He maintains that Fusion is only an outward effect of the conversion in the Solar Flares. I don't completely agree with Mr. Dollard—" Jiyeon paused, gulping to catch her breath. "A simple experiment of making a flashlight is what makes me believe the sun's energy comes from its Creator. To do this experiment, you need a copper coil, a tube of 25mm diameter, a LED light and a strong neodymium magnet. Wrap the copper wire around the tube about 200 laps, connect wires to LED strips, then put the strong neodymium magnet inside the tube and closed it. How to turn on the LED? It's simple: shaking the tube with your hand. The energy that turns on the LED comes from hand movement—you, the creator of this flashlight. My conclusion is that the sun is taking energy from its Creator; the sun will die when its Creator stops giving it energy, which means the end of all life on Earth, and nobody knows when it will happen."

Jiyeon lapsed into silence, wondering whether or not her student was actually listening to her. Chaeyeon kept her head lowered. Jiyeon took a deep breath and held it for several seconds before letting it out slowly. She patted Chaeyeon's shoulder, adding, "The sun being a transformer makes more sense than the sun being a huge hydrogen bomb. The materialistic view of the universe teaches us to deny Intelligent Creator as known as God. Science will always try to prove God doesn't exist regardless which religions. If someone inspects the Big Bang theory, she will most definitely believe in a Creator. In my eyes, materialism is the source of greed, and greed is one reason why people kill each other. The great genius Mr. Nikola Tesla knew there were electromagnetic fields all around us. His research was taken by greedy materialistic elites because he was close to exposing the truth. Mr. Tesla had been ridiculed and unfairly outcasted."  

"I'm quite surprised by the fact your belief 'the sun's energy comes from its Creator' comes from a scientific experiment," Chaeyeon said in a measured, polite tone. "Teacher Park, are you a Christian?"

"No, I'm not a Christian," Jiyeon replied, "I'm not a religious person, but I do believe in God. Religion has nothing to do with God, it's man-made, an attempt to control mankind. Hence, I don't adhere to any religion. I don't need a bunch of rules telling me how to live my life or how to be a good person. By the way, if you're interested in studying the sun with the eye, don't forget to play your eyes, and the best time to study the sun is on cloudless days."            

She lifted her head to look at Jiyeon. "What do you mean, 'play your eyes'?" Chaeyeon questioned, confusion lacing her voice.

"Squinting, blinking, closing one of the eyes and widening the eyes. These actions will help you see details. Our natural tears act as a natural contact lens that increases the clarity of vision," Jiyeon explained. "However, if you're still afraid that looking directly at the sun will damage your eyes and want to know how amazing the eyes God gave us are, during day time, look into the sky and focus as close as possible, be still and calm when doing this and wait. I bet you will be amazed when white and some black particles start appearing, going in every direction. You can observe these particles right now."

Chaeyeon gave her a small smile before directing her gaze to the sky. Jiyeon followed her gaze, gazing up at the brilliant blue sky with no a cloud in sight. She kept her own gaze steady and unblinking. Jiyeon beamed when white and some black particles began appearing, going in every direction. It felt like they hit into her eyeball, and her eyes were like microscopes.

"Have you seen them yet?" Jiyeon asked, glancing at her student.

"Yes, it looks like millions of living cells." Chaeyeon raised her right hand to the sky, palm facing up, and then slowly curled her fingers into her palm, as if trying to catch those particles, which brought a smile to Jiyeon's lips.

"Knowledge is a good thing, I don't claim to know everything, but I do know enough to stay alive and free. I know that Nature connects me to the mind of God, and that if I am able to conform to its rhythms, its laws, its…" Jiyeon's voice trailed off as she heard the sound of clapping hands, accompanied by a shout:

"Unbelievable! Thirty minutes have passed and you're still staring at the sun! How can you do it, sun boy?"

Hearing Taeyong call Jaehyun 'sun boy' reminded her of someone who called her 'sun girl'. Jiyeon switched her gaze towards the boys, and then clucked her tongue, shaking her head when Taeyong grabbed Jaehyun's face with both hands.

"Wow, your eyes aren't burning! They look fine!" Disbelief colored Taeyong's voice.

Jaehyun flung Taeyong's hands away. "You see Sir Isaac Newton was wrong. I can look directly into the sun for as long as I like at anytime of day without ill effects on my retinas. I can do it, so you can," he said as he sat down on the grass, his legs crossed. "There's no wrong way to stare at the sun, just do it. The sun is something natural always existed. We would die without it, so clearly it has curative properties. I've proved it myself: if you suffer from back pain, just stand with your back to the sun. Infrared light from the sun soothe pain while healing takes place. Yes, you can heal yourself with sunlight and it's free. God created the sun for many reasons, one of which is to give us vitamin D, which is important for many reasons. For example, it improves the body's calcium absorption."  

"Sun boy, I must admit that I'm surprised at your knowledge of the sun." Taeyong squatted down before him. "But are you sure I can look directly at the sun like you do?"

Jaehyun gave him a nod. "Yes, you can. The sun is absolutely not dangerous; the sun is natural power for us. It's such a beautiful thing to stare at," he replied. "Now stand up with your left shoulder facing the sun, tilt your face towards the sun and close your left eye as you stare at the sun, and you will see that it is actually black."

Taeyong nodded and followed Jaehyun's instruction, standing up straight with his left shoulder facing the sun and tilting his face towards it. Jaehyun placed his palms flat against the earth, watching Taeyong stare directly at the sun.

"Lee Taeyong, you're stupid," Chaeyeon muttered. "Your eyes—you only have two of them. Staring directly into the sun is like using a magnifying glass to burn a piece of paper."

Jiyeon turned her gaze back to Chaeyeon to see her scratch the side of her head, an angry expression on her face. Jiyeon stared at her in disbelief. She didn't think that a quiet person like her would have resorted to name calling. Jaehyun had just demonstrated that looking directly at the sun is not dangerous, but Chaeyeon still didn't believe it. Amazing! She blew out a breath.       

"Chaeyeon, the human eye lens does not act like a magnifying lens. When you focus your eyes on the source of very bright light in the sky, your retinas won't get burned, but instead you will see its shape and eventually its true color clearly. Our tears contribute to the correct focus of light rays in the eye. Despite the weird science viewpoints, natural light is good for the body whether for the eyes or the skin. The sun is the giver of life; it doesn't take away life. So don't worry, the sun won't burn your cousin's precious eyes," Jiyeon said, her voice rising with every word before standing up.

It really pissed her off every time people claimed that doing what she or Jaehyun did would damage the eyes and blind them just because science said so. They viewed what they were told as a fact when in reality it was a pure assumption.

Baekwoon's soothing voice rang in her right ear, "Calm down. Look, she seems terrified of you."

She glanced down at Chaeyeon, who was looking down while squeezing her shaking fingers. Trying to calm herself, Jiyeon drew in a deep breath, holding it a moment before releasing it. "Mainstream scientists tell us to take our eyes off the sun and put it on them that they know better. They teach you to doubt your intuition and senses. They trick you into thinking they have special knowledge. Wake up, they know just as much as you. Stop giving them the authority to control your life. Trust your intuition and senses. Learn about Natural Laws and start taking back your power. The rest will simply fall into place," she managed, trying hard to keep her voice low and calm.   

"My girl, unbrainwashing takes time and effort. So don't be mad. Be patient," Baekwoon's voice echoed in her right ear as she walked over to the boys.

"It's very hard to try and encourage others to get unbrainwashed," Jiyeon muttered under her breath. "Did you forget we're friends? So don't call me 'my girl'; call me by my name, okay?"

"Okay, my... I'll call you by your name," his voice echoed again, sounding almost sad, disappointed even.

"Sun boy, you're right. The sun is black; it's a black disk," Taeyong said in a tone of both excitement and disbelief, still looking skyward. "At the first, the brightness of the sun makes me unable to see its shape. By staying focused, I can finally see its shape and color. It is perfectly circular and appears white and smooth: no fire, no flame. And then this white disk gets darker and darker and…it becomes completely black. It's so damn amazing seeing a black disk radiate rays in all directions. The rays are not parallel, and their course is not a straight line, but bent into a curve."

Jiyeon sat down on the grass beside Jaehyun. Jaehyun cocked his head sideways and smiled. Jiyeon returned his smile; then brought her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them, watching Taeyong as he shook his head so very slightly while keeping his gaze skyward.

Taeyong's voice rose in excitement as he added, "Sun boy, I'm seeing thin concentric circles around the black disk! It's wonderful! It's so damn wonderful!"

"That means you are not witnessing the sun far away," Jiyeon responded—simultaneously, Jaehyun said, "Those concentric circles look like a spider-web, right?"

"No, to me, they look like waves."

Jiyeon and Jaehyun looked at each other and broke into a short laugh. Taeyong shifted his gaze to them. Wiping sweat off his upper lip, Taeyong blinked his watery eyes several times, then lowered his gaze to the grass.

"What's wrong?" Jaehyun asked.

"My vision gets blurry after staring into the sun," Taeyong answered in a low, sad tone. "I'm going blind."

"If you believe you're going blind, then you're right you're going blind," Jaehyun responded in a flat tone.

Jiyeon rolled her eyes and gave Jaehyun's shoulder a light punch, saying, "Don't scare him."

"I don't scare him. Belief creates reality." Jaehyun grinned, wrinkling his nose at her.

Baekwoon's voice rang in her right ear, "Your student is right. Belief creates reality."

Jiyeon clicked her tongue while shaking her head before she rose to her feet, stepped closer to Taeyong and laid her hand on his shoulder as she spoke in a reassuring tone, "Taeyong, don't worry. You're not going blind. Your vision wil…"

"Sun boy, your response is very, very cool." Taeyong gave Jaehyun a wink, then burst into laughter, clapping a hand on Jiyeon's shoulder. "Our youngest teacher, you got fooled," he said between his laughter.  

Jiyeon slapped his hand away in annoyance. "That's not funny, Taetrant!"

Taeyong stopped laughing and looked directly into her eyes, his expression turning serious. "I'm not kidding when I said my vision gets blurry after staring into the sun," he said in a very serious tone, "but blinking my eyes several times makes my vision go back to normal." His serious expression softened to a broad smile. He turned around and looked skyward. "I can stare into the sun and not go blind!" he shouted. "Everyone, wake up, the sun is not dangerous; it brings life not death! Do not be afraid of the sun! The so-called experts have fooled you into believing that looking directly at the sun damages the eyes!"

Four kids, who were running around the playground, chasing each other, stopped in their tracks and looked skyward. They immediately looked away, saying in unison, "Too bright. Too bright."

Jiyeon sat back down on the grass beside Jaehyun, a slow smile creeping onto her lips. Witnessing her student realize that he had been fooled was enough to make her happy.  

Jaehyun cleared his throat loudly. "Taeyong, let me repeat what you said: the sun goes completely black only during a solar eclipse, but today isn't the day of an eclipse, right?"

"Yes, it's not eclipse day today, but right now I'm watching the sun is black. It's a black disk," Taeyong answered, a note of confusion creeping into his voice. He turned around and sat down on the grass before Jaehyun, his legs crossed beneath him. "Did the moon really eclipse the sun? Why couldn't we see it before or after the eclipse? How did a giant ball in the sky suddenly vanish around the sun? Where—" Taeyong paused, scratching his head, his lips parted, showing his tightly clenched teeth. Then he smiled. "Science says it's invisible. Heck let's call it a New Moon?"  

"Science could tell you the cookie monster ate it and you would believe, wouldn't you?" Jiyeon remarked. Taeyong rolled his eyes while Jaehyun laughed.

"Have you ever wondered why it just happens to be cloudy on the day of the supposed eclipse and you have to wear special glasses to watch it?" Jaehyun said after the laughter subsided.

"They say special glasses must be worn to avoid eye damage," Taeyong replied.

"Are you sure to avoid eye damage?" Jiyeon retorted. "You've proven yourself looking directly into the sun is not dangerous, so try to observe the sun on a cloudy day, watch as the clouds move towards the sun; the sunlight will be dimmed when clouds cover it. As the clouds move away, the sun's brightness will dazzle the eyes. Does it cause eye damage? The answer is absolutely no. I'm speaking from my own experience, my own life, not from science textbooks."   

"You don't have to believe in what I'm saying. If you can witness the solar eclipse first hand, view it with the eye to investigate it yourself. When solar eclipse happened in our country, I looked at it with my bare eyes and didn't see an object and go blind. The only thing I saw was white clouds with a little dark grey streaks in them pass through the sun," Jaehyun said slowly, a thread of seriousness lacing the words. "I've seen photographs of eclipses, but the pictures never look all that much like the moon and the sun to me. Geoengineering is being used to dim the sun all around the world, what is their purpose?"  

"Whatever! I no longer care about solar eclipses. I can watch the sun go completely black even if it's not a solar eclipse day. Everything they told me about the sun contradicts what I observe and see with my own eyes," Taeyong responded. Simultaneously, Jiyeon said, "The artificial cloud cover technology is being applied in the war against solar energy."  

Jiyeon glanced towards Chaeyeon, who was looking in their direction. Chaeyeon quickly diverted her gaze downward. Jiyeon felt bad for raising her voice to her, and seeing her alone like that made her feel even worse. She inhaled deeply, held her breath for a moment, and exhaled slowly. She looked skyward to see an airplane pass high overhead, leaving a jet contrail against the clear blue sky. 

"What time it is now?" Jiyeon inquired, nudging Jaehyun.

Jaehyun glanced down at his wristwatch and then up at her. "It's eleven twenty-eight," he answered.

Jiyeon mouthed thank you to him and rose to her feet. "If you think jet trails are harmless water vapor, you need to learn more history and open your eyes," she said, pointing her right index finger to the long white streak in the sky. "So-called geoengineering has many agendas. It causes climate chaos. Those greedy materialistic elites only care about money and power."

"Greedy materialistic elites?" Taeyong questioned as he stood up. "Youngest teacher, who are they?"

"They are the control freaks who run our planet. They act like heroes who want to save the earth from the sun, which they stupidly believe it will evolve into a red giant star with a size about 100 times its current size and will swallow the earth up. Oh wait, didn't they say we, humans evolved from apes? They will make you believe what they are doing is correcting Nature's mistakes, but in reality they are destroying the earth. Check the Nato history out and pharma-health-care. Why? Because that is killing millions people and let even more suffering all the time," Jiyeon replied. As she began striding towards Chaeyeon, she heard the boys' conversation.  

"Sun boy, I can't believe that a fierce, boastful woman like her has a sense of humanity."

"She is beautiful just the way she is. The more I talk to her, the mo—"

"The more you fall…"

Jiyeon halted in her track and threw a glance over her shoulder to see Jaehyun cover Taeyong's mouth with his right hand.

"My girl, don't fall for him. Don't date him. He's your student!" Baekwoon's voice boomed in her left ear. She jumped, startled.

"Stop calling me 'my girl'. How many times do I have to tell you?" Jiyeon said through clenched teeth. "Baekwoon, we're just friends. Don't interfere in my personal life, okay?"

"My… Jiyeon, I promise I'll let you date anyone except Jaehyun. He's your student," his voice rang softly in her right ear.

"I'm a grown woman, and I'll date whoever I want," Jiyeon countered quietly and immediately covered her ears with her hands as she stepped towards Chaeyeon. She cleared . Chaeyeon looked up and their eyes collided.

"Chaeyeon, I'm sorry for raising my voice," Jiyeon said softly, bowing her head slightly.

Chaeyeon nodded, a faint smile tugging at her lips. "I'll contemplate all what you said, Teacher Park."

Jiyeon smiled. "Let's go back."

Chaeyon nodded again. Jiyeon offered her hand, which Chaeyeon hesitatingly took, rising from her seat at the same time. Jiyeon looked at the boys and said, "Let's go back to my house."

The boys nodded, and Taeyong put his arm around Jaehyun's shoulder as they strode towards her. Jiyeon swung their interlocked hands as they walked towards her house. The boys followed them, walking behind them. She smiled as she caught Chaeyeon stealing a furtive glance at her. Her smile broadened into a grin as she imagined she was walking hand in hand with her own sister.

"Youngest teacher, I admit you look so much younger in your casual outfits. Well, you look the same age as your students," Taeyong said from behind her.

"Oh, I'm glad you notice it. I look younger than my age because I never apply man-made chemical substances to my skin," Jiyeon countered, a subtle tone of pride creeping into her voice. She heard him whistle.

"Jiboast always being Jiboast, but her confidence is admirable," Taeyong said in a slow, loud voice. His voice carried a teasing tone as he added, "Sun boy, if you date her, people won't think that you date your teach…"

Taeyong's words stopped them dead in their tracks and turned around. Taeyong was rubbing the corner of his mouth, his right eye narrowed slightly, while Jaehyun was biting his lower lip and clenching his hands.  

"Why the hell did you slap me?" Taeyong almost yelled.

"To shut your nosy mouth," Jaehyun retorted, "and stop calling me sun boy."

"Okay!" Taeyong clapped his hands, and then his lips twisted into a teasing smirk as he stepped closer towards Jiyeon. He brought his mouth close to her ear and whispered quietly, "Youngest teacher, that handsome and attractive boy once told me"—Taeyong pointed his left thumb behind him at Jaehyun—"he likes an older woman. I'm sure that older woman is you. That's why he visited your house. How about you? Do you like him too? If you do, go date him. No worry, I will sure give you my blessings. You're my teacher." He tapped her on the shoulder before taking a step backward.

"Don't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth. He is teasing you. That older woman isn't you. You're not an older woman, but young woman," Baekwoon's voice rang loudly in her left ear.

Jiyeon didn't say anything. Jaehyun visited my house because he likes me? She pressed a hand to her chest, her heart pounding. Her face felt hot, and her legs began to tremble as nervous excitement bubbled through her.

"Teacher Park, are you okay?" Chaeyeon asked. Simultaneously, Jaehyun said, "Teacher Park, I don't know what he told you, but don't take everything he said so seriously."

Jiyeon gave a tiny nod. She inhaled deeply in an attempt to relax herself and then exhaled slowly. Taeyong suddenly burst into laughter.

"Youngest teacher, your face is red like a strawberry. It answers my question," Taeyong said between his laughter. "Oh my God, you do like—"

"How the hell are you so damn annoying?" Jiyeon cut him off, kicking the front of his left leg with all her might, which made him stumble backward but managed to keep his balance. Chaeyeon gasped in surprise, while Jaehyun nodded, pressing his lips together as if he were encouraging her to kick him again.

Taeyong rubbed his leg, wincing. "Damn you, Jiboast. It hurts!"

Jiyeon shot him a fiery glare; then turned her back on him and walked away, leaving her students behind. She felt a boiling up in the pit of her stomach, her chest rise and fall rapidly. She was angry at herself. How could she be so easily fooled? She blew out a harsh breath.

"Jiyeon, stop being angry; it's just waste of energy," she told herself.

Jiyeon nodded at her own words, then halted in her tracks. She inhaled deeply through her nostrils and exhaled slowly through . Closing her eyes, she focused on the rhythm of her breathing, the feel of expansion with inhalation, and release with each exhalation. Once she felt calm, relaxed, she opened her eyes and was surprised to see her students standing before her, looking at her.

Jiyeon smiled at them. "Let's race to my house."

Without waiting for her students' response, Jiyeon ran as fast as she could. She could hear footsteps following fast behind her, and she chanced a glance over her shoulder. Her students were getting closer with each step. She slowed down as she spotted a black luxury sedan parked on the side street in front of her house. A young man, dressed in a button-down shirt, dark blue jeans and black shoes, was leaning against the car, his arms crossed as he looked skyward. He shifted his gaze in her direction. His eyes flew wide, and his mouth gaped, but no sound came out. She came to a dead stop in her tracks. She couldn't believe that she met him again right in front of her house.

"Playboy, what are you doing here? Go home now," Jiyeon said, allowing her voice to take on a hard, cold edge.