Prologue

Flux [Hiatus]

Time is a funny thing.

It controls everything — no, it is everything — and yet it still somehow manages to get everything done wrong. Of course, every few millennia, there are exceptions. There are exceptions to everything.

Once in awhile, Time does put the right people together, in the right place and at the right time. It is my job to record and document, in great detail, all such cases. Now, you may be wondering who exactly I am. You may also be wondering as to the usefulness of such a job, and why it even requires someone to do it full time if it rarely occurs. Unfortunately, I cannot answer the first question. You will find out soon enough.

I, however, can answer the other questions. I can assure that this job is extremely important. I can also tell you that it is not easy. I tend to get distracted and perhaps slightly drawn to these few lucky people favoured by Time. Of course I shouldn't, but I can't help myself. I have been sitting and waiting in isolation and boredom for eons, waiting for the next occurrence so that I may write their story down.

Of all the (few) cases that I have recorded, one was especially interesting to me. It is a fascinating story of the nine most beautiful, most dangerous, most intoxicating, luckiest — and unluckiest at the same time — girls to ever walk on the devastated and destroyed face of what you people call a planet. Yes. You know what I am talking about.

Girls' Generation.