Chapter 4

Goldfish

"Yoooooou!" I gasped.

"SOOYOUNG ARH!" Sunny's voice rang from the back, "What is this all about? Are you and the rest playing a prank on us?!"

"Yeah! That's very mean of you guys! You scared the hella me girl!" I chimed in, "Where are Tiffany and the rest?"

We were glad to see her amidst this confusion.

"Come out, come out wherever you are," Sunny chanted as we both searched the lobby.

The funny thing was that the crowd had dispersed, all in a split second. There were a few left loitering around, still dazed from their sleep. And they seemed really happy and relieved to see their friends and families when they woke up. The lobby was nearly empty while the cafeteria and toilets were bursting with people. It almost seemed like this resort was a refugee camp.

Finally, Sunny and I gave up on our search. We headed back to Sooyoung with a defeated look.

"Alright! I give up! Sooyoung arh, where are they?" Sunny begged.

"Yeah, where did you hide them?" I joked but Sooyoung didn't reply and remained silent.

I looked at Sooyoung and realised that her face was red and her eyes were on the verge of tears.

My smile became a frown.

"Are you alright?" I gave a light pat on her shoulder.

Sooyoung looked like she was trying to control her tears but she couldn't.

"NO! NO! I'M NOT ALRIGHT" she cried out loud, "TIFFANY! SEOHYUN! HYOYEON! THEY'RE ALL GONE AND WE'RE STUCK HERE! WE'RE ALL GONNA DISAPPEAR TOO!"

I stared at her in disbelief.

What is she saying?!

"LISTEN TO ME! I'M SERIOUS! WE'RE TRAPPED HERE AND WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!" Sooyoung grabbed my shoulder and her eyes staring deep into mine, a constant flow of tears was dripping doen her cheeks. She was getting agitated, begging me to believe her.

Okay, okay. I believe you," I tried to calm her down, "We will find a way out, okay?"

"No no, you don't understand!" she relaxed her grip on me and looked down at the floor.

"I was asleep in the car when we arrived an hour ago," she began explaining, "In my drowsy state, I heard them saying that they were going to check in first and I could sleep a while more."

"I woke up 20 minutes later... they should have completed the check in process by then but when I came in here, there were classical music playing really quickly and people were rushing in. I couldn't see them in the crowd at all. I was about to approach somebody when an old lady pushed me down to the floor and told me to sleep.The next thing I knew, the music stopped and everything went black!"

"Sleep?" I asked to confirm again. Still puzzled.

"Yes, sleep! She whispered to me 'sleep if you don't want to die!'" her face darkened, "I was afraid! So I did as I was told. Then I heard screams! It was Tiffany's! Followed by Seohyun's and Hyoyeon's!"

Her grip tightened again. "This is all my fault! If only I'd went in with them!"

Tears started to flow down her eyes and I hugged her tightly.

"No," I said sternly, "If you had went in with them, you couldn't have saved us!"

"Really?" She looked at me with teary eyes.

"Yes," I assured her with a smile, "I'm so glad you're here now."

She seemed to feel better and gave me a slight smile. Sunny came over and we had a brief group hug.

"So... where is that old lady?" Sunny asked as we released each other.

"I have no idea... When the lights , she disappeared after telling me to get in this area everytime the music starts," Sooyoung pointed down to the carpet with a border painted in gold, her eyes widened, "Before the music ends, we have to be here sleeping, or we would be caught!"

Holy! We would have been caught if it wasn't for Sooyoung!

"Luckily, I spotted the two of you before the music ends," she buried her face into her palms, sobbing.

Yeah, I wonder what would have happened to us if...

Crap! Sunny and I came to a sudden realisation as our eyes met. Our eyes widened in fear as we recalled that Yoona and Yuri weren't here during the last blackout! They went to the cafeteria!

Nononono! This can't be happening!

Have they been caught...?

Or have we failed to recognise... that those screams were theirs...?