Chapter 10

Goldfish

"Oh my, why is it so dark?" A familiar voice came from behind the door.

I quickly ducked down under the table to hide.

But this voice... Jessica...?! 

The door opened and the clicking sound of the heels came closer. 

I lifted my head up for a peek while I remained cowered on the ground. Lo and behold, Jessica was there searching blindly in the dark, bumping into every single thing around her. The gamemasters were bound to detect noises from the cafeteria sooner or later!

"Jessica!" I stood up and swiftly made my way to her. Just as she was about to open , my hand was already covering . 

"Shhh, follow me!" I dragged her back to the table and pushed her up, "Keep quiet and get up there!"

"What! What do you think you're doing, idiot?!" Jessica struggled as Sooyoung and Sunny tried to pull her up.

"Not so loud! And your stupid heels are hurting me!"

Just then the door flung opened and a gamemaster appeared out of nowhere. He was looking down at his phone, probably informing the others about the noise. Without even thinking, I grabbed Jessica's heel and aimed it at the head, knocking him out in one hit. Bulleyes!

It was too late, his phone was ringing. And if he didn't pick it up, the rest would know something had happened here.

I grabbed Jessica's other heel and threw it out of the cafeteria and quickly hushed her up before climbing into the airvent.

"Wha-," I gave her death stare before she could continue.

The only thing we could do now is to pray and hope that the gamemaster didn't see our hiding place before he was knocked out.