Chapter One

The Handsome Guy's Normal Sister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Diiing! The elevator drew its doors open slowly, as I watched them, as one fell apart to two, almost dauntingly. As if it was teasing me…

I stepped into the empty elevator, hugging the heavy bag with two hands.

“Floor…what floor was it….ughh I can’t remember..” I mumbled, “Hyun’s mom told me last night though…” The elevator voice (not to mention, its out-of-place peppiness) urged me to hurry as I zoned out with a finger lingering in front of the numbers.

Oh right… 7. Lucky number 7? I smiled, as I pressed the number.

I my phone as I waited for the doors to open. 5:51… no wonder I’m so tired yawn

The doors started to open, startling me. My mouth snapped close in surprise. I picked up the luggage next to me and hurried out. As I wandered into the hallway, I found a familiar doorway I haven’t been to for some time and I knocked on the door.

I resorted to leaning on the wall, while impatiently waiting for any living response. Of course I shouldn’t have expected anything because it’s 6. They would probably say something like “it’s dawn, tiny” or “let me sleep in peace”. Not that I would let them.

After some moments for staring at the immobile door, Jimin opened swung open the door, looking kinda surprised. And me, being me, squeezed through, saying a simple “hi, missed me?” In the mist of being startled, I figured that he can also take the bag from here, so I let him (no, more like, made him) carry it. It’s his mom’s food anyways.

“Woah, mom overdid herself this time, huh?” Jimin chuckled, heading to the nearest table.

“Yeah and I guess you’re not orange-haired now.” I answered back, trying to take off the comfortable slip-on that I wore and maintain my balance. “Good, Auntie told me that if she saw another picture of you, looking up like a sweaty pumpkin, she promised she would go after you with a kitchen scissor.”

There was some rustling under the pile of pillows on the couch and a head popped out. “God, I gotta love our Auntie,” Namjoon slept-talked.

“Heol. What are you doing there? Seriously…” I scolded. I decided to follow Jimin to the kitchen.

“Can’t you see? I was trying to sleep, until you two started to talk,” Namjoon tried to explain. “And Jin’s still sleeping, so he should be in bed.”

“Wow…I have to come deliver breakfast to our lovely oppas at six in the morning because they are so busy sleeping!” I complained, in pure annoyance. Jimin laughed, fanning the burning the house.

“Kim Seok Jin! Are you still not going to-”

“Just leave him alone for a while,” Jimin tried to silence me, by covering my mouth with his hands.

“Yeah, he’s sleep-deprived these days. Let him be,” someone joined our conversation and I began to turn around.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I screamed again (a little hoarse this time) and dropped my phone. It wasn’t from annoyance, but shock. That horse was half- again. Again.

Hoseok yawned, as if he hadn’t seen or heard me. He passed me and opened the refrigerator. Then, he started to drink water from the large container, as we, three, watched him intently.

It became too quiet, for me to stay quiet, so I started to talk again. “You guys need to stop him from doing that. You guys are supposed to be older brothers and I’m not Hyun, I’m Yoo-”

It became even quieter at the mention of Hyun. I could hear faint breathing/light snoring from the next room. If I didn’t know any better, I wouldn’t have noticed Jimin’s expression of pain flash through his eyes, but I did and it killed me on the inside. “I just meant to say that I’m a girl, even if I’m young and my eyes are extremely scarred ….and it’s Hoseok oppa’s fault that I’m saying weird things,” I babbled on, trying to find the most normal (and quickest) way out of the kitchen.

Omg, Kim Yoo Jin. You really lost your mind, haven’t you. How can you mention Hyun at that moment. Stupid Horse. It was all his fault, even if he walked around with clothes on, I wouldn’t have said that. I thought, hitting myself in the head. I was about to drag myself into Jin and Yoongi oppas’ share room, when I overheard Hoseok, “Was I being too childish? I was just joking hehehe. And Jimin, don’t you think it’s time to have a talk with Hyun now. I wasn’t going to say anything, but since Yoo brought it up, we might as well. It’s been too long since you visited home anyways.”

I stopped moving, standing near the doorway, where the others can’t see me. “Hyung… you know it even better than I do. I was busy, we all were busy. When was the last time we all visited home?”

Namjoon oppa cut in, “That’s true, but we have a few days to ourselves now. This is your chance, before it’s too late.”

I was listening, when Jungkook poked my arm. I squeaked lightly in surprise and turned around. Jungkook was gesturing towards Jimin, Taehyung, and that Horse’s room, which was empty. I followed him there.

“You’re awake too?” I spoke first, embarrassed of being caught.

“Yea, long time no see,” Kook answered, while closing the door slightly. “You here to see Jin hyung?”

I nodded. “That and Auntie asked me to visit, but I think I may have made trouble along the way as well”

“I heard. It’s not just trouble, it’s Jimin hyung’s deepest scar, you know.”

“I know, I feel terrible, but I needed to bring it up either ways. It’s Hyun’s birthday tomorrow. Hyun says that it doesn’t matter and that he doesn’t care, but I know he does. He can’t fool me. Jimin should know, if he hasn’t forgotten,” I replied.

“Oh, is it already? I feel so sorry, I forgot too. Yoo, I’ll try to talk to Jimin about it, but I don’t think it’s the right time, right now,” Kook said, while taking a seat on Taehyung’s messy bed.

“But, there’s no time. You guys are always busy and are always going to be busy, but Jihyun’s eighteenth birthday isn’t going to be forever. Others might not understand, but at least you and I have to. You know that better than I do, Kook. Help me, Hyun and Jimin can’t sever their ties forever.”

Kook sighed. “All right, I’ll help, but not now. After breakfast, I’ll bring it up. You should just support me.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter