Part 6

Fall in love with the Vampire

 

He’s not in class today. That’s weird. I was hoping he could show up. I want to ask him why he’s helping me up. And I want to know if he feels what I feel? I know it maybe too early to presume anything but I am sure about my feeling. I think I really had fallen for him. Something about him makes my heart go wild. It’s not the fact that he’s a vampire. It is something else. The class seems to be boring without him beside me. I can’t focus on what the teacher is teaching because my mind keeps on thinking of him. Is he out there fighting with some vampires that try to bite him just because he smells like mortal?

 

‘Jessica…’

 

I was startled when the teacher called my name ‘Yes Miss Bom?’ I reply weakly.

‘Your mind seems lose in the cloud…are you paying attention to what I’ve said earlier?’ she asked me and I guess that she found out that I didn’t pay any attention in her class and I will receive punishment too if I lied and actually say that I had been listening to her and not thinking of Taeyeon so it’s better if I just be frank to her.

‘No…I’m sorry…I got carried away by family matters…punish me if that what I deserve Miss Bom…’ and everyone look at me weirdly once I’ve spoken up.

I patiently wait for Miss Bom, my Physic teacher to punish me but she didn’t make a move on me.

‘I like you honest attitude but please try to put away your family matters from your study…don’t let it bring you down…you are forgiven this time…you may sit down and please pay attention in my class…’ she turns and face the blackboard and start to write something on the black board and I seated myself back to my seat and sigh in relief.

‘Okay class! Open your book, page 127 and do question number 1 till 7…I want it to be on my table tomorrow. Is that a yes?’

‘Yes Miss Bom…’

I can hear everyone sighing and grunting at the homework that Miss Bom had given us. I mean who wouldn’t if you had to do 7 Physic questions? Just as Miss Bom about to end the class, Taeyeon barge in the class door. There are bruises all over him and his face even swollen and bleeding.

‘Mr. Kim…what happened to you? You’re late to class and you’re all wounded up.’

‘I’m sorry Miss Bom…I…umm…involved in road accident…a big truck hit me on my way to school…’ and obviously I know he’s lying.

‘Don’t you need to go get your wound clean up and your cut stitch up?’

‘I’ll get it done later on…’ he says softly and walks to his seat.

We glance at each other once he settle down on his seat and he’s eyes are telling me something but I couldn’t see the message clearly.

‘Miss Jessica!’

‘Yes Miss Bom?’ I seriously dislike this teacher. She’s been too fussy around me and she keeps on interrupting my moments.

‘Why don’t you accompany Taeyeon to the infirmary?’

‘Huh?’

‘It seems like only you the one that is close to him…so let it be you…’ she smiles and exits the class.

I turn to him and barrage him with questions ‘What happened to you? And I’m not buying the tale of you got hit by a truck…’

‘Can we not talk about it here?’

‘Then let’s go to the infirmary and get your wound all clean up and stitch your cut…or else it going to get infected.’

‘Vampires don’t get infected…we can heal ourselves…’

‘Then why didn’t you just heal yourself?’

‘I need a reason why I am late…’ he answer me very quick and then he gets up from his seat ‘I thought Miss Bom asked you to accompany me to the infirmary…what are you still doing there sitting like an idiot?’ he sarcastically thrown the words at me.

 

 

Infirmary

 

There’s no nurse in the infirmary, what kind of school is this? Where had all the nurses gone?

‘There’s no nurse in here…’ I sigh ‘Let me help you to clean your wound…’ I offer myself to help him

He in fact climbs up to one of the bed and lay there and he closes his eyes and waits for me.

‘Can you tell me what really happened? And I’ve asked your sister about this necklace…she told me that you’re exchanging my place with you…is it true? That you’re making the others vampires went after you and not me?’ I asked as I clean up his wound with some antiseptic.

‘Apart from it…’ he answers me.

I sit next to him and put on plaster on his wound and cuts ‘I don’t want you to keep this thing away from me Taeyeon! I want to know everything! I don’t want one day all of these people in the village die because of me…do you know that yesterday a fisherman was killed?’

‘I know that…that’s the reason why I am late today…I went out to find that culprit but then I stumble to the wolves pack and they attacked me…’

‘Wolf?’

‘The Kwon clan…they are werewolf…’

‘What?’ I couldn’t believe in everything that I’m hearing right now.

‘I’m okay, don’t worry about me…but wolf bit may take time to cure…’ he smiles at me and toss aside.

‘Why are you doing all this?’ I finally manage to spill the words out of my mouth.

‘……’

‘Taeyeon…I’m talking to you…’

‘You remind me of her…’ he mumbles something but I didn’t quite catch the words he’s mumbling.

‘Huh?’

‘No…no one…now can you leave me alone? I want to take my rest…’ he’s hiding something from me and I know it.

‘Taeyeon…’

‘Just…go away…’

‘Taeyeon…I just want to say I appreciate everything that you’ve done for me…is there anyway I can repay you?’

‘…yes…by leaving me alone…’ he said coldly, just like the weather around Soshi town.

‘Fine…’ I huffs and get up from my seat before head out from the infirmary.

 

 

Taeyeon POV

 

 

Tried to play cool in front of the girl is really not a good thing to do. This pain is killing me. Luckily she didn’t saw the wound on my back.

The real reason why I am late this morning is, I got questioned by my grand nephew about the killing of the fisherman yesterday. Although I meant they no harm, they attacked me and accused me for the killing that’s occurring around the village. I couldn’t possibly fight back because of my promised to Heechul. I promised that I will never ever hurt a werewolf because I am half of them too. And they are supposed to know about that fact too. That I am half of them and I wouldn’t possibly did the killing because I don’t consume on human blood. Besides, the Kim clan contribute a lot of contribution to the folks in this village so why would we want to kill any of it people?

I had to lie to Jessica because I don’t want her to get involve in this complicated history of werewolf and vampire stuff. Some time I wished I was born a normal human and not some kind of vampire/werewolf freak.