Part 13

Fall in love with the Vampire

 

Reminisce

 

Black Forest

 

‘Dad…what are we doing in this forest?’ Yuri asked his father as they walk through the tall trees in the darkness of night.

‘We…need to talk to the Vampires that run this forest…’

‘Vampires?!’

‘Yes Yuri…they were the one that started the killing in this village and now your uncle putting the blame on the Kim clan for the killing…’

‘Wait wait…the Kim clan…is…vampires?’

‘Yes…’

‘Yoona too?’

‘I’m afraid the answer is the same Yuri…everyone in this village has their own special power…only the new girl doesn’t have…’

‘You mean Jessica?’ Yuri stopped walking and stares at his father slouching back.

‘…She’s the reason why these Vampires came back to this village…’

‘Father…tell me…what is happening in Soshi town?’ Yuri urged his father to tell him the truth because he was so confuse of the situation.

Jiyoung sighed and then he turned to face his son ‘Son…what I about to tell you might shock you…I hope you are ready for this…’

‘Just tell me dad…’

‘About a hundred years ago…the Kim clan and a powerful Luna cast away all the human eating vampires from this town and the Luna cast a spell around this place to make sure that the vampires didn’t step over but now it seems like the spell is broken…’

‘…but I thought Luna clans were…’ Yuri did not able to finish his words when Jiyoung cut him through.

‘The last of the Luna was killed by Kim Taeyeon…he had to do so to save his love…your great great grandmother…Tiffany…this place is safe until Jessica came…something about her arouse the vampires that were cast away to the waste land behind the mountain of this forest…and I suspect that she’s the one that broke this spell’

‘……Is Kim Taeyeon related to us?’

 

‘He is related to you guys…he’s a half werewolf and half vampire…’ a voice came out of nowhere and both Jiyoung and Yuri stay alert for any attack.

 

‘Show yourself Park Bom!!!’ Jiyoung shouted.

 

‘Oh…isn’t it the little Jiyoung? You’ve grown old aren’t you?’ the voice mock at the older man.

 

‘You don’t belong here!! Why have you and your clan return?!!’

 

‘The girl…’ the voice turned to hush ‘She is a something special…the one that we’ve waited for millennia…’

 

‘Don’t you ever try to touch Jessica!!’ Yuri warned.

 

‘Oh hoh…who is this Jiyoung? Your son? So you practically wrapped us a present huh? Ooh~ the meat of a young werewolf would be nice for diner tonight…’

 

‘Bom!! Don’t you dare to touch my son!! I came here to make you a deal!! You leave this place and I will…’

 

‘Hah!! Your promise is just a blank words Jiyoung!! What can an old powerless werewolf promise me? The Empress of the Immortal?!’

 

‘Don’t bluff Bom…you know the real Emperor of the Vampires is Taeyeon…you killed your own brother so you could gain the access to the throne…’ Jiyoung scoffed.

 

‘You known too much Jiyoung…I think I should ask my man to kill you…’ the voice faded away and only the owl’s hoot can be heard in the forest.

 

‘Dad…what are we going to do now?’ Yuri was scared. He was scared that something will happen to them.

‘Yuri…if anything happen tonight…don’t tell your uncle about our meeting with Bom…if you want to be safe…’ Jiyoung firmly advised his son.

‘I promise…’ Yuri nodded.

 

Suddenly a shadow appears from behind and slaughtered Jiyoung’s neck in a flash. Blood oozing is out from his wound and the old werewolf stumble down on his knee before slumped on the hard ground.

‘Dad!!!’ Yuri screamed at the sight of his father being slaughter in front of him. He looked up to the black figure that had a hood to cover his face from being notice and without any delay, Yuri leap forwards to fight with his father’s killer.

‘You’re too slow…’ said the figure and once Yuri got the chance he turned and scratch the figure with his sharp claw and due to his attack the pendant that the figure wearing detach from the chain and fall on the grass.

Yuri was about to go for second attack but the figure disappear into the thin air.

Seeing that the figure won’t be back again, Yuri restored his claw and kneeled on the grass facing his father’s body.

‘Dad…’ Yuri cried ‘I’m a useless son…I can’t even protect you…he was so close…’

Yuri wiped his tears and when he was about to get up he saw something shinning on the grass so he took it and examined it.

On the pendant there was a carving with the words ‘Mortal among the Immortals’ and Yuri’s mind refresh back to a few days before.

 

Flash back

 

‘Hey Yuri…’ Taeyeon greet the tanned boy.

‘Yes Kim Taeyeon what can I help you?’

‘Fill my car….it’s running out of fuel…’

‘How much?’

‘Make it 20 liters…’

‘Alright…’

While waiting for Yuri to refill the fuel, Taeyeon played with his pendant and Yuri notice his act.

‘What’s that?’

‘Oh…it’s my pendant…left by my ancestor…’ Taeyeon lied.

‘Nice one…what was written on it?’ Yuri was getting curios.

‘Mortal among the immortals…’ uttered Taeyeon.

‘Creepy…’ Yuri scorned and he had finished filling the car tank ‘That would be 60 bucks…’

‘Here you go…’ Taeyeon hands him the money and hop in his car.

 

End of flashback

 

‘Betrayer!!!’ Yuri holds tightly on the pendant and he howled mournful and mixing with anger to the moon.

 

 

Present

 

Jessica POV

 

I don’t know where I’m going, but I just want to run away from Kibum I want to be with Taeyeon. I want to be beside him because I know he needs me at this time but I don’t have any idea where Jaejoong will take him. I know what they said about Taeyeon killing Yuri’s father isn’t true. I know though I didn’t know Taeyeon for that long but I know he won’t do such thing. He’s apart of the werewolves! He won’t do anything to hurt his own family! Taeyeon…where are you?

I stop when the surrounding getting creepier and I don’t have any idea of where I am right now. I turn around to observe the place and what I found is just trees...lots of them surrounding me. I feel like want to cry out loud but I keep myself together because I’m not a cry baby. I am a strong girl and I will find my way to Taeyeon. Until I heard a rattle sound by the bush near to my left and so I spun around and stay alert for anything that might happen.

 

‘Jessica…’ a familiar voice called out my name from behind me so I turn to face the owner and I found Yuri standing half in front of me.

‘Yuri…you startled me!’ I huff in relieve.

‘What are you doing here in this forest?’

‘…I don’t know’ I answered.

‘You don’t know?’ he laughed at me.

‘Taeyeon…’ when I mentioned Taeyeon’s name he got so tense but then he calm down so I continue on what I was going to say ‘he was accused to be the killer of your father…Yuri…I’m so sorry for this news…may his soul rest in peace…but I can assure you that Taeyeon is not the killer!’

He looked tense at my words and I can sense that he’s trying to hold his anger ‘What make you think he’s not the killer? Were you with him last night? And why are you defending him?’

‘Well…Yuri…I was with him last night until 9 then he sent me home and went straight back home…I’m defending him because he’s my boyfriend Yuri…I don’t want my boyfriend to be accuse blindly like that…’ I cried.

Yuri walks toward me and then he grabs me by the arm ‘Ow!’ I yelp.

‘Stay away from him! You don’t know what is he and you don’t want to mess around with that kind of person!’

‘What do you know about him Yuri?’ I asked in respond.

‘He’s a vampire and he’s totally not a good boyfriend for you I suggest you find other boy to be your boyfriend…a normal one…’

‘That was so outdated…I’ve known this on the 2 day of school! I don’t care what you want to say about him Yuri! He’s facing penance for something he didn’t do and I want to save him from being punish blindly…’

‘You don’t understand!!’ Yuri holds me by the arms tighter and begins to hurt me a bit.

‘What I don’t understand?! You are the werewolf that wounded him earlier weren’t you?!’ I push him away and he looked at me with shock expression.

‘…how did you know that?’

‘Taeyeon told me that you and your family are werewolves…I know you want to take vengeance on your father killer but Taeyeon is not the one…I know this…’

‘No…you don’t understand…what am I thinking? A mortal will understand a creature like me? Yeah right…you know what Jessica? I bet that Taeyeon are being punished like hell now…’ he scoffs at me and then he runs off deeper into the forest.

I sigh and rest my bum on the tree root and cry softly to myself as I reminisce of what Taeyeon had to go through.

 

Vladamir's Castle 

 

Vladamir's Castle is a place where they interogate the vampire that commit sin and awaiting for their punishment. It situated on top of the Soshi town mountain.

 

‘Taeyeon!’ Sohee barges in the prison to see his son (well not real son of course).

‘Mom…’ Taeyeon lowered his head when he saw how angry his mother is.

‘What were you thinking?! Did you really killed Jiyoung?!’

‘No…’

‘Then how come your pendant is with them?!’

‘…I don’t know…’ Taeyeon answered softly.

‘…’ Sohee’s heart soften with the sight and she sighs before rest her back against Taeyeon’s back where Taeyeon rest his back against the cold cell of the prison.

‘…You know I worry about you right? You have been the most troublesome kid…so unlike your brothers and sisters…’

‘I know…and I’m sorry…’

‘There’s nothing to be sorry about Taeyeon ah…right now your father is finding away to get you of the charge…but the evidence they found on the crime scene lead to you…’

‘Mother…I swear to Count Dracula…I didn’t do it…last night I was with Jessica and I left my pendant nearby the rejuvenate pond when I went back to search for it I couldn’t found it…and that’s the reason why I didn’t return last night…’ Taeyeon defends himself.

‘I believe you Taeyeon but the upper class of the vampires won’t…this is a serious crime…’

‘I can’t let them kill me…I promised Jessica that I will always be with her…’

‘Speaking of Jessica…’

 

‘Omma!! Oppa!!’ Yoona barge in and she’s panting heavily.

‘What is it Yoona?’

‘3 Park clans are after Jessica!!’ Yoona exclaimed.

‘What?!’

 

Wait for part 14~