Part 1

Fall in love with the Vampire

 

Hi, my name is Jessica Jung, I’m 17 this year and I just move in from a cool urban town to some lame lousy town that always windy and raining. My first thought of this town is ‘boring and I’ll never going to get a cool friend’. Wonder why I’m here? My mum remarried with some jerk and I don’t like him so I decided to live with my dad but when we reached this place at the back of my mind I started to regret my decision to move in with my father.

‘Well welcome to Soshi town…’

I scoff softly and hug myself ‘Yeah…sounded like ‘sushi’ town….’

‘Jessica…you are going to love this place…’ my father Charles Jung assures me.

I saw the signboard written ‘Soshi Town’ and it looks kind of old, more like it had been there for hundred of years.

‘Dad…’

‘Yes princess?’

‘How old is this place?’

‘Well…it got their own history…why don’t you get that piece of information from your new school huh?’ my dad says.

‘Yeah…I’m excited~’ I said with sarcastic tone and keep my focus on the road.

‘Come on honey…why do you seem like you dislike this place? If you dislike it…you should have just stay with your mom…’

‘Dad…you left me when I was 7 then ten years later mom remarried with some jerk who think he’s the richest man in the world and obviously showing abhor feeling toward me…it makes me feel like I’m some kind of fairy tales princess with evil not stepmother but a stepfather…and as my father shouldn’t you start to learn to take you responsibility toward me dad?’ I say with desperation tone while giving my dad my ‘its-all-you-fault’ look.

‘Honey…it’s not me that walk out of your life when you were 7…but…your mom cast me away…You knew the story don’t you?’

‘Sometimes I just wish I was never been born….’ I roll up my eyes and I turn away from my dad.

‘Jessica…’

‘I don’t want to talk about it no more…’

‘Jessica…I promised you…things will get better…’ he gently squeezes me on the shoulder but I ignore him and make him sighs at me.

 

Finally after 5 hours of drive we reached my dad’s house. It’s smaller than the one that I’ve been living with mom back in Seoul but at least I’m away from that evil stepfather.

‘Well…this is home…’ my dad hops out of his truck and looks at his house with satisfaction look on his face.

I grab my stuff from his truck and throw it on the ground because it was too heavy for me to carry.

‘Let me help you with that…’ a tanned boy helps me to take off my stuff from the truck.

‘Oh you’re here Yuri ah!’ my dad greets him.

‘Yeah…I heard that your daughter is coming so I come to see if you guys need help…’ he replies with a big grin on his face.

‘Nah it’s okay~ oh ya! Jessica I would like you to meet my friend’s son, Kwon Yuri…Yuri…she’s my daughter Jessica Jung…’ my dad sounds so proud when he introduces me to him.

‘Hi…nice to meet you Jessica!’ he offers a handshake and I took it with a weak smile.

‘Hi…’

‘So…young boy where is your father?’

‘Well…he’s at home…’

‘I’ll drop by later on I need to get something from him…tell him that…’

‘Sure…’ he nods and then he looks at me ‘Umm…so…I’ll be seeing you around?’

‘…sure…’ I smile at him and then he left us by running.

‘He’s a nice kid…’ my dad compliments ‘Well…come one let me show you your room!” my dad picks up all my luggage and we went into the house.

 

‘So here’s your room…I’m not good at decorating but I hope you like this one…’

The room is smaller than the one I have in Seoul but, my dad he’s a great dad because he knows what I like and what I don’t though he never been beside me for 10 years.

‘If you need anything just tell me okay? I’m going to go get our diner ready…and…do wash up and unpack your stuff!’ he gives me a peck on the forehead and run down to prepare our diner.

I sat on the bed and my eyes roam around the room to examine it.

Satisfy enough with the condition I get up and unpacking my stuff before went to wash up and head down for diner.

 

The next day

Before I’m going to school my dad told me that he got a surprise for me so he drag me from my breakfast and lead me out to the garage.

‘What is it?’

‘Well…you know I can’t I mean I’m too busy to like pick you up and send you off to school so I bought you this...and I asked Yuri to fix it up.’

I stood in front of this old yellow color truck and I tried to make an expression to show that I really like it but it seems to be not convincing.

‘Honey…I know this is…not really what a kid you age would want to have for their first car but…for the meantime…’

‘Hey!’ Yuri suddenly pops out from behind the truck.

‘Hey there Yuri! How is it?’

‘It can be use don’t worry! I fix it up and it as good as new…well except for it looks kinda old…’

‘You fix this?’

‘Yep! Your father told me that while you are here you probably will need a car…so he came up to me with this…’ he points at the truck ‘Come on hops in at get her start up!’ he opens the door for me.

I hop up and start the engine up.

‘See honey it works!’

‘Thanks for this dad…and Yuri…I appreciate it…’

‘Well you better go to school now or you’ll be late!’ my dad hands me my back and he gives me a peck on the head ‘Good luck honey…’

‘Thanks dad…ummm Yuri…don’t you go to school?’ I asked him because if he’s going to maybe I can give him a lift.

‘Nah…I’ve drop out of school…school isn’t really my stuff…bye Jessica…good luck on your first day!’

I waves them goodbye and drives my way to school

 

 

 

Soshi high

So here I am, in my new school. I dislike the feeling of being a new student because people treat you differently.

I’m always the type that low in self-esteems maybe because of my family background I felt like this. No dad and mom going out with random guy, these kind of things can turn a normal kid to suicidal type, luckily I’m strong enough to endure all the slander and mocking from the society.

I reached my class and I breathe in heavily before step in.

 

‘Well hello Jessica! We’ve been expecting you! I’m your class teacher Miss Shinyoung Please introduce yourself!’ a short plump teacher greet me with a warm smile and I smile awkwardly at her and step to the middle of the class and introduce myself out loud.

‘I’m Jessica Jung…and I’m new here…hope we can cope with each other…’ and yes I know my introduction was lame and everyone laugh at me.

‘Class!! Be quiet please! She’s our beloved sheriff’s daughter so treat her nicely!’ she warns them and everyone fell quiet in instant. Well I never expect that my dad was such a influential person in the town.

‘Now Jessica…you can sit at the back there…hmm it look like Kim Taeyeon is late again huh…’ Miss Shinyoung looks kind of pissed when she said ‘Kim Taeyeon’s name.

‘He’s always late…’

‘Yeah…don’t expect he’ll turn in early for every class Miss Shinyoung…’ the kids in the class give out their opinions.

‘I know…I might as well call the Kim family to tell his father that he’s always skipping my class…’ Miss Shinyoung sighs. ‘Well Jessica…what are you doing standing here looking like a bamboo? Go to your seat and mingle with your class mate! Since today is the teachers have meeting so you guys will have free period until after recess!’ she clasps her hand together when she makes the announcement and everyone in class seems to be a slightly disappointed by it. If it in Seoul, the students probably will be jumping around and yelling or partying if they got that long of free period. I walk to my seat and I was seated at the very back of the class and I’m going to be like sitting with someone who seems to be like people hate?

‘Hi! I’m Sunny!’ a petite girl turns and greets me. I was surprised by the sudden greet.

‘Hi…Jessica…’

‘Yeah I know!’ she seems to be a little to…enthusiastic?

‘…and this is my boyfriend Hyoyeon!’

‘Hi…’ he greets with sleepy face.

‘Nice to meet you two…’ I smiles and flip open my book and pretending that I’m making some note.

‘You know…you better…umm…separate your table a bit from the Kim’s table…’

‘Ummm…why?’ I asks back trying to look I’m not interested in this Kim person while spinning my pen with my fingers.

‘Well…he’s a cool guy…very charming yes…’

‘Charming than me?’ Hyoyeon glares at Sunny with a slight of jealousy.

‘Well…for me you are the most charming person~’ Sunny smiles and peck him on the lips.

I clear my throat when they getting to engross in the kissing.

‘Oops sorry…’ the both apologize sheepishly.

‘Okay…back to the story! The Kim…they are very famous around here…well Mr. Kim is a doctor…but the Kim family…they are like holding so much secret…so mysterious you know?’

‘Huh?’

‘Well…The Kim siblings, Kim Jaejoong, Kim Yubin, Kim Kibum and Kim Yoona they’re cool but Kim Taeyeon is not cool! He’s too anti social! He never likes it when someone trying to get close to him…well mostly girls…’

Sunny’s words are invisible to my ears when I saw a group of 5 people walking down the hallway from our class window and the person that leading their way caught my attention. He was so pale very pale so are the others. He looks like some kind of vampire character that pop out from a romances novel more like the character that Robert Pattinson plays in the ‘Twilight’ but this is real and Robert Pattinson is not as good looking as he is.

I don’t know why but it feels like someone push on the slow motion button as I can feel the surrounding suddenly turn to slow motion effect.

I don’t know why, there’s this strange can’t be explained feeling that I’m feeling when I look at him walking down the hallway toward our class.

‘Who is that?’ I asked the chatter box in front of me.

‘OMG! They are the Kim! He’s early today!’ Sunny gasps and immediately she turns back to her seat.

The 5 of the Kim break up to 5 different directions and the one of them walk into my class and he looks kind of shock when he saw me sitting next to his seat but then he regain his cool and slowly walk toward me.

He ignores my presence and sits on his own seat.

‘Umm…Hi…I’m Jessica…the new girl in town…’ I introduce myself because I don’t want to give him any bad impression and it was really surprising when people in the class stop at what they’re doing and lock their eyes on me.

‘Kim Taeyeon…’ he answers coldly without even look at me or shake my hand.

I pout and decide to ignore him too and went back to my reading.

 

 

End of part one