Learning the TRUTH??

Why Don't You Figure My Heart?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber PoV  

 

It is very quiet and only the sound of the air-conditioners are echoing throughout the classroom. Everyone is totally immerse in the quiz paper that the history teacher had handed out. I notice most of the students scratch their nape, bite their finger nails, their head looking to the left and right while slumping down for their heads to look underneath their desk or some even throw notes to one another. 

 

I turn my head to my right, only to find Suzy is just the same like everyone else. 

 

 She's quite adorable I must admit and if I am born as a boy, I might be falling hard for her. Maybe. But her sarcasm always burst the boys’ bubble as soon as words escape from her lips. Her strong personality makes her even likeable by the boys but hate from the girls. Min told me that she was the most popular girl among the freshmen. Whenever I hang out with Suzy, I felt the chills under my spines as if someone was intensely glaring at me for each move that I make.  

 

I put my 2B pencil down, waiting for the bell to ring. As my thoughts starts to drift again. 

 

Despite Suzy’s bubbly character, she was rather down to earth, not wanting too much or greedy for expensive  things. It beckons me actually because she has display both boyish and femininity all at the same time. I probably couldn't do that though. So far that's how I can conclude in knowing her for almost this two months. I was pulled from my thoughts as soon as the bell rings noisily along the hallways. 

 

I could hears everyone was sighing in relief as soon as the quiz was over. 

 

“How was the quiz?” 

 

“So-so. But I but you're going to score 100 marks, aren't you?” Suzy pouts. 

 

“Well, if it wasn't for my grades, I wouldn't be here now, would I?”I smirk. 

 

“There goes without saying. So, are you ready for tonight?” Suzy said giddily, busy arranging her books in orderly manner. 

 

“Um. Can I take it back?” I'm beginning to regret for saying yes to Suzy without thinking it twice. But then, Krystal did help me on exercising for this day to come. 

 

“Nope.” She replied shortly. 

 

“I'm having a stomach ache and diarrhoea. You wouldn't want me to bring poisonous gas with you.” 

 

“Then, bring extra diapers with you. And it's not illegal if you poop on the ground. Instead it's helping the plants to grow you know. It's all about the organic.” She grins. 

 

Great. And here I thought that was the best way to give an excuse, Suzy just made me speechless.  

 

“Suzy. I don't know if I'll fit in.” I confess. 

 

“Relax. Just watch the show, hang out with friends and you can go home. There, simple right?” 

 

Just as I intend to utter a word from my mouth, the history teacher claps her hand to divert everyone's attention. I furrow my eyebrows, biting my upper lips, maybe reconsidering her offer.  

 

"Okay students. Next month, we'll be having a check up and make sure you're well rested. You wouldn't want your monster energy go to waste now do you? Remember, your monster energy determines your status in the monster society." She explains.  

 

I sit still on my chair, letting the words naturally flow into my head like water, interpreting them while joining the pieces of puzzle one by one.  

 

Hold up. The first few were understandable BUT the last part was certainly gibberish talk. Is the teacher telling a joke? 

 

"Oh, teacher can I transform into my original form for that day?" Donghae asks eagerly.  

 

"No, young man. Remember the school rules! You can unleash your powers unless you're in dire situation to protect yourself OR when you're taking the check up exams. Plus the exception for the tournament. Other than that you're strictly prohibited from unleashing your powers. Are we clear?" She give a death glare to Donghae, realising that he mischievously throws a crumble paper towards her direction. 

 

"Just so you know, I'm not as linear like your homeroom teacher." She grins evilly, which instantly make me shudder and stun at the moment, the shivering feelings running through my bones. Boy, she scares me good, even better than in the horror films. What makes me shudder the most was when I saw her teeth with my own bare eyes became sharper than before and her eyes were malicious. I could see black horizontal slits while her pupils turn yellow.  

 

"Y-yes, ma'am." Donghae squeeks. Then her powers somewhat just faded at her own will. This is insane!! 

 

As soon as the teacher disappeared from my sight, I begin to sweat, drops of sebum forming on my skin. My heart is racing like a timer, ticking to explode. I gulp down slowly. This must be a joke.  

 

“Hmm. What a shame. The school is meant for monsters like us but yet all they do is to make up rules to disguise in this human flesh, right Am?” Suzy said casually. 

 

I stiffen in fear. "W-what if a human set foot in this school?” I'm shaking in fear right now.  

 

Suzy scoffs. “Pftt. What are you talking about? As if that would happen. No human ever set foot in this place.” 

 

“What do you mean? Can't humans find this place and walk into the school?” 

 

“Huh? Nonsense. A strong barrier has been set up in this whole island so no humans can discover this place. Who can possibly enter th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter