Why?

Why Don't You Figure My Heart?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

And hello to my dear viewers. I'm literally SHOCK! Wow. Thanks for suscribing and the viewers are rising almost everyday and for that thank you for reading. I do wish you guys could comment more. Otherwise i kind of feel being dejected. Sorry for being selfish but that's how i am! EHehe.

I would like to tell you that i will be giving Amber a bit of her feminine side because in my opinion everyone wants to rely on someone and vise versa. She is still a girl at heart and i can only say that the story that i'm writting might be a little innocent for now. I mean you liking the same gender when you are originally straight so you probably need some resolve and little bit of time in figuring out on a lot of things between you and the significant other.

 

Amber PoV 

Today I'm having lunch with Yuri and her gang. Krystal texted me that she'll be busy later on, so I shouldn't be bother to wait for her. 

 

"Krystal unnie seem to be more busy than ever." Ailee states. 

 

"Do you know anything, Amber?" Ailee asks. 

 

I was still busy enjoying some japchae in my plate but I flinch upon hearing Krystal’s name. Her name sometimes makes me enthusiastic for no reason. My eyes peer at them, shaking my head. I haven't talk to Krystal ever since we accidentally met Krystal’s older sister, Jessica.  

 

"Maybe she's preparing for the festival?" Sooyoung suggests, busy eating her hot rice cakes in . 

 

"By the way what do you mean festival?" I ask, slurping the last noodles in my mouth. 

 

"It's an annual thing that we do almost every year." Jackson blurts out with the curry rice stuff in his mouth as he speaks. 

 

"Yup. The main highlight was the bonfire event." Ailee exclaims. 

 

"Oh? What's so special about it?" I ask curiously. 

 

"It's a tradition in our school to ask the significant other for a dance.”Ailee explains briefly before the Min interrupts. 

 

“I heard from the rumours that Krystal sunbaenim has been secretly dating Key oppa.” 

 

“Shut up, girl. Where did you hear that from?” Ailee gasps, mainly because Krystal always rejects boys’ confession. 

 

Huh? What's wrong with me? I could only grip onto my utensils tightly. I couldn't compromise with my sudden act of gloom overthrown me all of a sudden. But I pretend that I am still eating my meal casually. 

 

“Well I heard from my upperclassmen that the couple has been very close recently and some said that Krystal even hitch a ride with Key. AND! They even said that Krystal kissed Key!” Min squeals in excitement. 

 

I, on the other hand, nearly choke as I eat my glass noodles.  

 

“Dude you okay?” Yuri asks, patting gently at my back.  

 

“Nah. It's fine. I think I gobble up too fast.” I snicker, still coughing a little since the noodles nearly choke me when I gulp one whole clump of food without chewing upon hearing the kissing part. 

 

"Seriously! Be careful!” 

 

“Sorry, unnie.ehehe.” I fake a smile plastered on my face. 

 

Deep down, my heart was aching badly yet I felt foreign with the mundane feeling that I was having. I clutch my fist onto my chest, wondering with the sudden swell up emotions in the depths of my heart. Why am I feeling down, as if my body was too heavy to walk. Its Krystal’s personal life so I should be happy for her if she had found her significant other.  

 

“A rumour is just a rumour. Not everything is true.” Yuri states, twirling her fork with the spaghetti noodles entangled with every gap of the fork before dipping it into the sauce. 

 

“True. But I do ship them, you know.  I like their chemistry. Like how Key oppa always open the door for her, treating her food and making jokes with her. A perfect package of a true gentleman.” Min exclaim as if she was fan-girling at the moment. 

 

Urgh. I think I have a cloud of storm that rains under my forehead. What's wrong with me? I feel nauseated, feeling a pang at my chest as I had to force myself to swallow the entire lump down my throat. It’s hard to breathe. I couldn't help but to furrow my eyebrow in irritation, munching my food slowly, processing and imagining how intimate both of my seniors were.  

 

Wow. That left a huge blow on my mind as if I am trapped by a cage of thorns, daggers ing deep into my chest, twisted even. The last thing I need is to see them together, being clingy with one another. YET, what is this sudden pent up feeling building in me? Or am I sick? 

 

 “So what do we have after this?”I ask, trying to change our current topic as I soon start to clear my place, packing my spoon and fork in the animated llama picture on the container. 

 

“Urgh. Maths.” Ailee frowns, ruffling her hair as if she was having a stress. 

 

“Oh? I think I smell someone didn't finish their homework.” Sooyoung grins. 

 

“Tsk. Are you an esper?” Ailee asks, slightly amuse that her senior could guess the dilemma that she's facing. 

 

"It's all written on your face goldfish.” I grin, seeing Ailee cutely pouts. 

 

“I'll lend you mine.” I offered my homework for her to copy to rub off her pouty face. 

 

Ailee beams in excitement, hugging me ever so tightly to express how happy and grateful she was. 

 

“Thank you my angel!!!!” Her voice just shrilled like a soaring eagle. I think my eardrums are about to break.  

 

“O-okay. Urgh- Ailee you're going to c-choke me!” 

 

“Say what you want but this is how I express my thanks to you Am.” 

 

I tried to gasp for air, patting gently in her shoulders. “Time out, goldfish! Time out!” 

 

Out of a sudden, I think I felt an ominous presence behind me, creeping from behind. Even Ailee immediately flinches, as if she was on guard for something. 

 

“Amber~” said a familiar voice that I knew too well. 

 

My face soon lit up as I see Krystal behind me. I instantly stood up from where I sit. It's weird but I kind of got hyped up when I laid my eyes on her. My heart just beat wildly for her only. It's a pleasant feeling for some reason. 

 

“Krystal! Have you finished your student council work?” 

 

She looks like she is giving a cold hard glare to someone from behind but then she swiftly turns her gaze onto me. A smile forms on her lips. 

 

“Hmm. Come with me.” she said shortly. I was like an obedient puppy, packing up my things and tailed her from behind before waving my hands to my friends. Hmm? Why is everyone turning pale white as if they saw ghost or it must've been me thinking a little too much? 

 

“Oh and Ailee you can get my homework in my bag.” I reminded the goldfish. I tilt my head in wonder. She looks like her soul just left her body, slowly nodding her head. I decide to ignore the current situation as Krystal called me again to fasten up my pace. 

 

 

It quiet all of a sudden. I could see Krystal heaving a heavy sigh for the 10th time. Something must have been bothering her for a long time. I hate to see her like that, wishing that I could do something in her stead. I just don't want her to suffer like that, as if something has been pulling her thoughts, anchoring her mind to the end of the ocean.  

 

“Krystal.” I called out for her name but she seem to be in deep thoughts. This time, I pulled in closer, extending my hand to her shoulder, patting them ever so gently. She seem to flinch in response for a moment. Her eyes soon focuses on me. 

 

“Y-yes?” 

 

“Are you okay? If you're in trouble, do tell.” 

 

She bit her lower lips ,reluctant to tell me about her troubles. I felt like this was the moment I was bold enough for the first time to take her hand in mine, slightly squeeze her hands as I look up to her. 

 

“I- um I'm worried about you. If you're in trouble please tell me. We're best friends right? A-and I'm always listening, even if it takes a long time.” I tried to arrange my words carefully before blurting out. I felt like I'm pouring out my heart sincerely that I wanted to be with her through thick and thin, even if she's demanding a lot, I'll still accept who she is as a whole. Those thoughts just literally spurt out from my mind. 

 

Her lips quivered, slowly forming a smile till the end of her cheeks. She reaches out she hand and pats my head while having her delicate fingers running across my hair. Her touch just send me butterflies in my stomach and the shiver down my spines. I enjoyed it actually, not pulling away from her touch.  

 

She looks beautiful and even words couldn't describe her beauty. I think I was drooling like a fool I was. 

 

“I'm engaged.” She confessed. 

 

Erm. . . I wonder why I could hear something just pop in my head. There was a sudden long pause between us. I am overwhelmed with a single sentence she has thrown to me. It's kind of hard to swallow the information that she had just mentioned. 

 

“what!? You're still young! You need to think this TWICE!” 

 

“I know. It's okay, though. Our names were merely written in contract but I never did signed it so it's not an official things.” Then she begins to explain to me that her father has been scheming on letting her to be engaged with a rich guy whom she never met nor did she ever had mutual feelings with. From the way she describe her father, he must have been a jerk. I could only sighed in relief. 

 

But then i was curious who was the person that she was engaged. "Um. who's the guy? Is he. . . Key-sunbaenim?" i ask warily.

 

"No!" Krystal said without thinking twice, protesting in disgust, thinking how that playboy wooing all the girls he meets makes her wants to puke.

 

"Really?" Amber beams happily from her gloom.

 

When she thinks about it, she forgets to mention something. "He's not but he is one of the suitors in my father's list."

 

"Oh." Amber's smile drop to a frown.

 

“*chuckle* Are you that shock or you're just jealous?”she teased. 

 

“W-what! No! It's just weird that you're married too early.” Somehow, the issue of marriage became a topic that really hit my head hard. One day, she's going to marry a guy eventually and have kids, which saddens me. I wonder why? Maybe I'm too attached to her? 

 

“But. That's not the only thing that's bothering you right?” I question her, directly ,having my eyes laid on her onyx orbs. For all I know, Kyrstal doesn't fret with her student council work or her sports activities.  

 

“Smart aren't you.” She ruffles my hair as her head starts to lay down on my lap, making herself comfortable while having her head facing me. I felt her warmth close to me. I'm not going to lie. I really like this. But I can't tell her that. 

 

“Am I heavy?” She hums.  

 

I simply shake my head,picking up the mango pudding case in my hand, scoop the pudding into . It somewhat became a natural thing to me. 

 

“Well, marriage is another thing that I'm worried about. I'm going to travel to London this . . . Saturday.” She whispers at the end the sentence. 

 

I furrowed my eyebrows in wonder. Then realisation soon hit me. Oh, our date. So that's why she's been gloomy and seem out of place.  

 

I her silky brunette hair. “It's fine, Krys. I'm not sad or anything. If it's important, then go on. We can always set the date some other time.” I whisper softly. 

 

She just pucker her lips outwards like a baby. “Even though I was looking forward to it.” She mumbles to herself but I can't seem to capture her words. 

 

“So. Why are you travelling to London?” 

 

“Work.” She said casually. 

 

I raise my eyebrow. “Wow! Your work requires you to travel huh.  It's kindda cool.” I said in envy. I really love to travel but sadly the only place I have ever travel is LA and Korea. I am aware that Krystal is working but i never did ask in detail if she doesn't want to talk about it.

 

“Um. . . Yeah. A-anyway,do you have some time today after school?” 

 

“I think so. Wae?” 

 

“I found a perfect place for us to dine later!” She squeals. 

 

“Okay.” I said flatly and continued on, “So, where is this place?” Once in a while, Krystal would called me to dine with her in different restaurants with different cruises. 

 

"You'll see.” She gives me the chills every time she glances at me. 

 

Then there was silence between us again as we just freely enjoy the wind blowing pass our body. I felt comfortable with her while relaxing in a chilly and refreshing place. At that moment ,we were separated from the outer world. It's only her revolved in my world. I look down and find her sleeping soundly, her breathing in and out, body rising and dropping in a steady pace. Oh? I notice small dark shades forming under her eyes, slightly ajar, snorting silently. I hold back from laughing with her silly antics. But still, I like it to see those imperfections. I don't know. Is this normal to think of your friend this way? 

 

Why is it that I realise that she seems so heavenly and innocent being left by the touch of Angel.  Butterflies, they come alive when I'm next to her. My eyes are so fixated on her like she’s the most stunning being I have ever seen. My heart is pulsating again. Seeing her is like breathing, how can I stop staring her. Am I being too cheesy?  I'm just confuse but I'll follow my heart. 

I admire her smooth skin, pale and baby skin, her eyelashes are just slightly long and they accomplish her beauty. Her hair is smooth silk and glimmers like the sun. 

 

I lightly brush her hair to the side, behind her ear. Maybe, I'll stay like this a little longer. I'm probably grinning like a fool; a child admiring and being fanatic over her favourite animal. 

  

The sound of the school bells echoes throughout the school and then the sound steadily fades away. I take a glance at my watch and it was already time for my next lesson. I grab her forearm and k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter