Chapter 1 Meeting Her

Why Don't You Figure My Heart?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Amber PoV

 

I start to unpack my stuff from the blue boxes that has arrived early this morning. I look at my watch and I knew too well that it was time for sleep. I yawn heavily before dragging my lazy to my new bedroom. I set the alarm to 5: 05 a.m.before tucking myself to bed. 

 

[Next morning]

 

As my alarm starts to ring, I woke up groggily, rubbing my eyes in irritation. Then I force myself to the bathroom to freshen up myself and wear my school uniform. 

 

I took the liberty to make some food in the kitchen; croquettes, sweet egg rolls, spicy pork cutlets and some cheese balls. Good stuff. After cooking, I put them on a plate with oil sheets to get rid of excess oil while cooling it down before transferring them to a cute container with a Pokemon face attached on the cover. I took out some grapes from the fridge and place them in another container. Finally I place them in my bag pack.   

 

I grab my keys, shifting them into my pocket and taking my thick rim spectacles along with me. It's a new day at new school and the start of another new chapter for me. My first year of high school. I glance at the dark light blue sky that engulf the city slowly creeping away as the reddish-orange and purple lines across the sky disappear like magic. I just hope I can adjust myself in new environment. Amen.

 

 

 

As I enter the classroom, I could see that everyone was at their own little group, chattering and talking like there is no tomorrow. I randomly grab a seat at the corner of the class, stuff my bag on the desk. I could sense that everyone in the room was staring at me, looking at me in disgust in their eyes. I don't think I even earn glances from the boys. I felt ashamed as I duck my head low, stretching my hands to my lap with a book on my hand. I read it in silence. With my current body, I couldn't say I don't hate myself for it because it's just made out of lump of fats. I wasn't born with a slender body or with an aura that attracts the the butterflies in school. Basically I'm your everyday typical nerd in school. Yup. That's me. So anyways, the bells starts to ring and so the new homeroom teacher enters the class. She seems to be in her early thirties and the guys seem to be swoon by her charms. 

 

"Good morning, class. I'm Mrs. Penelope. I'll be your English teacher and homeroom teacher this year. I have my flaws as a human so I hope we can all get along.". Said Mrs Penelope in fluent English. Everyone grunts as soon as she ends her short speech. Since I originally was from California, English wasn't a problem for me. It's my native language.The whole day was going well for me; nobody is picking on me. Hehe. I have history back in California. And you won't like it. 

 

I notice a girl who is sitting next to me is squinting her little eyes in the adventure of unlocking the meaning of what the teacher just said earlier. And so I tap her shoulder, offering my help to translate what the teacher said just now.

 

"Thanks. I'm Bae Suzy. You?"the girl asks. She seems harmless and her eyes are honest to tell me that she wants us to be friends. 

 

"I'm Amber Josephine Liu."

 

"Huh? You're name is really girly.” She states. 

 

“Um. Yeah. I'm a girl.” I replied.

 

“Seriously!? Sorry I mistook you for a-”

 

I decide to cut her off short. “It's fine. I get that a lot.”

 

"Your name seems like a foreigner's name. Where you're from?" She asks. 

 

I fidget a bit but comply with her questions. "Los Angeles, California since I was young. I've just moved in to Korea last year. " I said simply. 

 

"Oh. I see. Well, you call me anytime to hang out because since I've been living in Korea since I was born." She snickers. 

 

"Thanks, Suzy." I smile. It truly touched my heart since it was the first time a friend smiles at me without a fake smile put on their faces.

 

For the rest of the day, it was only about brief introductions between teachers and students. 

 

I walk out from the classroom with Suzy to our lockers. I didn't think that Asian school would provide lockers, not that I'm complaining. 

 

"Amber." Suzy said in a cute voice.

 

"Hmn?"

 

"Did you know that our school has just recently combine with the other three schools?"

 

I raise my eyebrow and thought for a moment, trying to recall something.

"Oh so that's why they have four different logos under one banner at the entrance of our school." I blurt out as I unlock my locker to put my books.

 

"Yup. I heard the three schools have been rivals in many aspects academics or sports. Our school is just in between all of them. The others are SM High, YG High and  JYP High." I merely nod my head. 

 

"Lunch?" I asked.

 

"Um. I think I've to pass on that. I promise to hang out with my friend. I'm sorry." She said guiltily. 

 

"It's cool. I'll see next Monday then." I said in a calm voice, trying to assure her than I'm not offended by her act.

 

Well I wasn't going to head to the cafeteria since I had packed my food. So I decided to walk around the school. Goodness. Its like I just went to a super rich school. There is a tennis court, badminton court , volley ball court, swimming pool and many more. Wow. I could be lost if I wasn't holding the map around the school. There are more than 50 rooms to explore and another 40 outdoor places to look at. But I didn't really paid attention to those things much since I just let my feet bring me to a more quieter place as I held my biology text book while trailing my eyes on each sentences. The only world that exist now is the book and nothing else.

 

Author PoV

Amber didn't seem to bother much on looking around her surrounding and she keeps on walking along the way. As she passes by a basketball court, she could hear a loud cheer and people chattering out encouraging words for someone but she didn't bother to lift her face to look up and fasten her pace instead. Out of a blue, she felt a sudden sense that an impact is aiming at her. In an instant, she complies with her instincts, dropping her book and uses both of her hands to block the impact and embrace herself. As she closes her eyes, she felt a sudden heavy object was on her hands. She slowly flutters her eyelids and saw a ball on her hand. As she lifts her head, she notice that all eyes were on her.  From afar she sees a girl is waving at her. 

 

"Hey! Please pass me the ball!" She shouts. But Amber couldn't catch what she had just said since she was rather far away.

 

"Haha. If you can, please throw the ball into the net. That would help us a lot." Said another blonde hair girl as she pats on her friend's shoulder. However this time, her voice was loud and clear. Amber hesitates for a moment as she really takes it seriously. 

 

"It's now or never." She mumbles, fearing that if she leaves now, it won't end well for her. She gazes around and tries to make a physics concept out of it. Her eyes are set on the net and with all the strength she toss the ball towards the net according to the angles where she was about to aim. Amber's eyes never left the net as her heart was beating rapidly like her life is at the edge of a cliff. Thankfully the ball easily passes into net. And with that she hastily left so that they can continue on to what they are doing. What she didn't know is the latter shock received by the audience.

 

Yuri PoV 

I drop my jaws in shock. The plump nerdy boy with glasses just did something out of the ordinary. I'm pretty sure we're like a few or maybe a lot of freaking meters away and I just saw her tossing the ball without a sweat. Wow. I think I didn't even sense any energy coming from her when she toss the ball. Since I'm a rank A detector of energy the distance between us shouldn't be a problem for me to detect. Yet I can't feel a single monster energy flowing in her. She has a talent and it can't be a fluke.   Even I can't do that! The rest of the girls were stun as soon as they have witnessing the scene that happened before. It may look small to you but it's a huge issue for us. I mean you don't find people talented enough to score a point by just tossing once from afar. If I have her in my team, we won't break a sweat nor needing any monster energy to win the next tournament.

"Yuri, who was that girl?" One of my team mates, Shannon asks. 

"Did she use any monster energy?" Hyoyeon asks.

"That's for teachers to know and for us to find out. And no she didn't use any energy one bit. " I replied shortly. 

"Wow." Hyoyeon said in daze.

"But I think she's a fres

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter