Am I Wrong?

The House
Please log in to read the full chapter

No one said anything as they stared at me with a mixture of surprise, shock, and anger. I could feel Jungkook trying to wiggle his hand free from mine. Honestly, I am not surprised at all. “You…” Yoongi started.

 

 

 

 

 

I looked around at the at the five faces around me. I glanced over at the one I should be afraid of. Jin is scary when he’s angry. I saw him sitting still and not moving a muscle. I couldn’t even tell if he was breathing. It’s bad when he’s angry. It’s worse when he is quiet and angry. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Out of my peripheral view, I saw him stand up and walk towards me. I felt his presence right behind me. “Namjoon…” he said in a low voice. I flinched at his voice but I didn’t move. I thought it would be a bad idea to, especially since he is already pissed.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the next instant, his arms wrapped around my neck. “What the actual Namjoon!” He tightened his arm around my neck. “You... YOU of ALL people, why? Why would you agree to that!? I figured you being the smart one would see why this is wrong. Are you actually dumb?” The more he talked, the angrier he got. The angrier his got, the tighter his arms got.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Le...let...m…me exp... explain!” I could barely speak with his arms around my throat. When he heard me struggling to speak, he yanked me out the chair and threw me to the floor. He didn’t show no signs of letting go. I was rolling back and forth trying to knock him off. I thought flipping him on his back would knock the wind out him and make him let go but that didn’t work. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I could feel my face turning red at the lack of air. Both Jimin and Yoongi jumped up and ran over to us. I could see them getting closer but they were blurred. Yoongi told Jimin to help him pull off Jin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When they got his hands loose, Jimin helped me up. I started coughing as I saw Yoongi pulled Jin arms behind his back to keep him from moving. What is up with everybody and their strength? I know why Yoongi has strength. Basketball tends to do that when you play it for so long. I know Jin don’t work out so how is he so strong?

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You better let me go Yoon!” He was trying to wiggle out of his grasp but Yoongi wasn’t having it. 

 

 

 

 

 

“No.”

 

 

 

 

 

“You were just against the idea just as much as I was. Why are you on his side!?” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I never said I was on his side. You were about to kill the guy Jin. Any longer, he would have passed out from lack of air. I don’t care how angry you get, you don’t kill friends. Shut up and listen to why he said why he did. I will not let you go until you agree to sit down and be quiet.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Jin turned around and looked at Yoongi in the eyes. They stared at each other for a couple of minutes. Finally, Jin back down from Yoongi’s glare.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Fine. I’ll listen.” Yoongi pulled a chair away from me and Jin sat down in it. Yoongi then sat next to him to make sure he doesn’t do anything. “Alright Namjoon. Tell us your reason.” I was still rubbing my throat as I sat down. “Both of you guys make good points but I agree with Jimin more. What he said make sense. We don’t know for sure that she went inside that house. We weren’t there. She could’ve easily went home and told her mom that she wanted to move with family or she could’ve dropped out of school to become home schooled. What if this is just a story made up about this house? Anyone could have made that rumor to scare new kids.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What if this isn’t just a story? What if we go in this house and we can’t come back out?” Jin countered. I felt an apprehension feeling in the pit of my stomach as I swallowed the knot that was forming in my throat. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I …I don’t know.” I saw Jin ready to jump at me but Yoongi held him down and shot him a look. “I just know that we won’t know for sure if we never try. If something seems off, we will leave immediately.” Before the boys could say anything else. The teacher walked in. “Boys OUT.” The teacher placed her stuff down and glared at the guys.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yikes. Why of all days did she have to be in a bad mood? “Sure Teacher.” Jimin said as he stood up to help Yoongi collect one of his basketballs. “Soooo…we’ll meet in front of the school after class ends.” With that he left. Jungkook didn’t look at me when I tried to lean over and give him a kiss. He just his heel and left. Even Hoseok didn’t spare me a glance as the guys filed out one by one. Only Jin looked at me. Even if it was to glare.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I shook my head as I took out my books for class. I said we would leave immediately but I wasn’t sure if we would be able to. I’m really praying that this is just a horror story and we would make it out alive. Little did I know, this was only the beginning. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A long and tiring lesson later

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay, remember to turn your work in at the beginning of class Monday morning. Class President?” I was thinking about if I made the right decision. “Class President!” I jumped up from my seat, startled. I saw the class staring at me. Some laughing, some looking concerned and some just not caring.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Please stand”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I waited till everyone was standing before saying, “Bow.” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Gooday teacher.” The teacher nodded before picking up her stuff and exiting the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I forgot that I was the president for today. Ji-a, our regular class president was not present today so the class chose me since I had the next highest grades. I looked up at the clock. My classroom is on the top floor, which is the fifth floor. The guys should be at the front gate by now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was about to walk out the door when Jade walk up and block the way. “What’s wrong?” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why do you think something is wrong?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“For one thing, you didn’t even try to deny it. Also, you seemed strange during class. Why were you in a daze?

 

 

 

 

 

 

I placed my hands on her arms and in an instant, she was red all the way up to the tip of her ears. I bent down to look her directly in the eyes. “Jade. I’m fine. I really am. I was just thinking about what Jungkook and I should do today because it is his birthday.” I could see her eyes waver for a moment. I picked her up and moved her to the side. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“See you.” I waved as I walked out the door. I’m sorry Jade. I know she’s in love with me even though she knows that I’m dating Jungkook. I had to tell her that lie. 

 

 <

Please log in to read the full chapter