Don't Leave Me

The House
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jungkook P.O.V

 

     I ended up being late to school. I walked in slowly and looked around. Since I was late, no one should be out in the hall. Sighing, I slowly waddled to my class. I had to walked up the stairs, walk all the way down the corridor and turn right which would lead to the first door on the right.

 

    I was already late, so I was taking my time. Also, I hurt my ankle. When I was coming down the stairs, dad pushed me and I landed on my ankle wrong. I’m surprised nothing else is hurting. I have to try and walked normally when I get to class so I won’t get questioned. I glanced down at my outfit. Well… too late for not wanting to get questioned.

 

     I kept my head down as I was getting closer and closer to my class. I stood outside for a few minutes debating on whether or not I should go in. I’m already here though… I placed my hand on the handle and slowly pushed it open. As soon as I walked in, of course, everyone stopped what they were doing and turned their heads in my direction. Keeping my head down, I found my way to my seat. I sat in the last row against the wall in the third desk towards the front. The teacher cleared .

 

     “Thank you for finally joining us Jungkook. Come on everyone, faces towards the front.” She started talking English. “Psst. Jungkook!” I felt my friend trying to get my attention, but I ignored him. I continued looking out the window and looked at the younger kids having gym outside. The class kept repeating what the teacher was saying while I stayed quiet. Once again, the door opened and walked in Joo-Eun. “Sorry I’m late teacher.” She said weakly.

 

 “Why is she here? She’s should be in bed.” One of the girls whispered to a guy. He shrugged. “No matter what anyone says, she insists on coming so that way she can see for herself when Jungkook came back.” The teacher gave her a soft smile. “Alright. Please have a seat.” She was about to make her way to her seat but stopped. “Jung...kook?” He voice was barely above a whispered.

 

 

   Before she could say anything else, we heard a thud. “Joo-Eun!” Everyone rushed towards her. “Dae-Jung. Take her to the nurse’s office. Quickly!” The teacher told him. He quickly picked her up and rushed out the door. The teacher sighed. “Everyone, back to your seats. I’m going to give you a break time. I’ll be back.” With that, she briskly walked out the door.

 

 

As soon as she left, everyone started talking. Their voices overlapping.

 

 

“I hope she’s alright.”

 

“She must have had a shock when she saw Jungkook.”

 

“Of course, She felt relief. Also, with not eating, it took a toll on her body.”

 

“I wish the teacher let us go check on her.”

 

“She’ll be fine. Jungkook is here now. She’ll start back eating.”

 

 

     Before I knew it, everyone got quiet and I was crowded by my classmates and friends. Oh great. Here it comes...

 

 

“What happened to you?”

 

“Why are you wearing an eye patch?”

 

“Why are you wearing our winter uniform? Aren’t you hot?”

 

“Why haven’t you been to school?”

 

 

     I was getting questions thrown at me left and right. I had the eye patch on because my eye was black and purple. I had bruises up and down my body. They were so bad that it would’ve put the school in a panic.

 

     Sighing, I kept looking out the window. “I have the patch on because I have pink eye. The reason why I haven’t been to school is because I was sick and I’m still kind of. Which is also why I am wearing the winter uniform.” I let the words flow calmly off my lips. Someone was about to say something, but the door slid open and in walked Dae-Jung.

 

 

   He walked to my desk and stared at me. “Jungkook. Please come to the nurse’s room. Joo-Eun wants to see you. She said she won’t eat anything until you come and see her.” I continued sitting at my desk. I felt that he wasn’t going to move until I did so I stood up slowly. When I stood up, he started walking towards the door. We walked in silenced. I could feel that he wanted to ask me a few questions, but he left it alone.

 

 

  Reaching the door, he opened the door and moved out of the way so I could go in. As soon as I stepped in, he let the door shut and never came in. I walked over to the bed and sat down next to her. “Jungkook...” She opened her eyes and tried to sit up. I gently laid my hand on her shoulder, indicating that I don’t want her to move.

 

   She looked so bad. Joo-Eun was extremely pale from being sick. Her hair was getting matted and her lips needed some Chapstick. She lost so much weight. She could barely talk and when she does, her voice was raspy.

 

 

  “What...happened to you?” She tried to reach up and touch my face. Her hand was shaking so I grabbed it and held it. I repeated to the same things to her that I told the class. She looked like she didn’t believe me, but she left it alone and gave a small smile. “I’m glad...I’m so happy...” She couldn’t finish her sentence because she started crying.

 

  I leaned forward and wiped the tears that kept coming out. “Please. Please do me a favor.” She sat up and gave me a hug. Her arms tightened up around my neck. “Please don’t leave like that and don’t ignore me- your friends.” I was surprised her by hug but I brought my arms up and put them around her back.

 

 

  “I promise you. Now, I want you to do me a favor.” I pulled her back and she looked me in the eyes. “Please, you have to eat. You’re going to be put in the hospital if you keep this up. I need you to eat and continue to be healthy. Don’t make me worried anymore. Can you do that for me? Since I promised you, you have to promise me.” I held out my pinky. She bit her lip and looked away for a moment. “Alright. If you want me to, I will.” She wrapped her small pinky around mine and we put out thumbs together. “Now. Lay back and get some rest.” I tried to get up but she grabbed my hand.

 

 

 “Please. Stay with me. I’m scared that you are going to disappear again.” I tried to pull her hand off mine. “I have to get back to class. I have to get all the work that I missed.” When she looked like she was about to cry, I sat back down. “Alright. I’ll stay.”

 

  Her grip slowly loosened up. “You promise? You’ll be here when I wake up?” I nodded. “I’ll be the first thing that you see, Joo-Eun.”

 

  She let go of my hand and within seconds, she was sleeping. I put her hand under the blanket and leaned back in the chair. She was fighting her sleep. She must have been tired. I looked out the window. I’m sorry Joo-Eun. If I told you the truth, you wouldn’t have made me the promise to eat. I didn’t want

Please log in to read the full chapter