Jump at Danger

The House
Please log in to read the full chapter

Nam-joon P.O.V

 

   I kept my head straight and walked on past Jongdae when I heard him call out to me. I pretended that I didn't hear him and went straight into the classroom. I know. I know I said I'll ask him about telling my parents but when i saw him, the anger and hurt came rushing back to me. I didn't bother looking at him when he walked through the door and sat down in his seat. 

 

 

   The teacher walked in and we greeted her. She went on talking about the next lesson we were starting today. I felt my phone vibrate and I waited till she went back to the board before I took it out under my desk.

 

You didn't hear me call out to you when you walked by? Are you upset about something? You know you can talk to me.

 

   I put my phone back in my pocket and went back to writing my notes. I wasn't going to answer him. him. We ain't cool anymore. Not once did I turn to look at him. Not even when it was time for lunch. As soon as the teacher left, he came and pulled a chair to my desk. "Nam-joon. What's wrong with you? You didn't answer my text either."

 

   I could feel Jongdae wearing his worry look. The urge to ask him if he did it was stronger than ever but I can't ask him straight up about it. I finally looked at him for the first time today. "Have you spoken to my parents recently Dae?" I watched his expression to see if anything showed up, telling me if I was wrong or not.

 

   "Yeah. This morning they called me. Your mom asked me to talk to you about your grades." He calmly replied. I looked at him quizzically. "I mean, did you talk to them yesterday?" He looked at me weirdly. "Yeahh. They did but isn't that normal? They're always snooping in our business." He lifted his hand to scratch at the the back of his neck. When he said that, I became even more suspicious. Was he even my best friend? Why were my parents talking to him so much? Jongdae looked down nervously and tried to change the subject. "I heard that they are serving kimchi stew today. Plus, they're also giving us extra sausage for our rice! Wanna go?" I slightly glared at him and turned my face. "No thanks. I'm not really hungry." Jongdae was really surprised at my actions but he nodded. "Okay..." With that, he left my side.

 

   Then I saw Je Woo sit in the chair that Jongdae had just left. "Oh, hello number two. Seeing as how that's your number now, I thought that you could use some company. Two is a pair, right?" I recoiled from his pathetic excuse of an introduction. "What do you want Je Woo? So what? You're number one, yayy! It's not like I care." I felt my voice drip with sarcasm. he then grabbed my shoulders as if we were friends and leaned in by my ear. I tried to shake him off but his grip was way more than I thought it would be. "Oh, Joonie. You should know by now that only I, Song Je Woo, can be your number one. No one else." He then squeezed my shoulders as to confirm his revelation.

 

   Out of disgust, I grabbed my english text book and my lunch box and made my way to the roof. Once I got to the roof, I heard voices. "Stay away from him." It sounded like an angry boy. I hid by the door and peeked around the pillar. I crouched silently so I wouldn't be noticed. I saw Jongdae furiously glaring at the other boy. I shocked. Jongdae normally never got this angry.  Who made him lose his temper like that? 'What do you want from him? Is it hate?" He then looked off to the side lost in his thoughts. When he figured it out, he looked back up at the other guy. "Or possibly jealously? What has he done to you?" He was screaming at the top of his lungs. I wanted to rush to him and stop him but I then noticed who he was yelling at.

 

  There. Standing in front of my best friend...no... EX best friend, stood my newly aquired archenemies. Why would Jongdae pull Je Woo tothe roof the holler at him? At his response, Je Woo just smirked. Who are they talking about that was making my ex friend angry and my archenemies smile? If I think about it, it was probably me. I really didn't want to hear it anymore seeing how I just really wanted to be alone. I guess the library was the only other quiet place in the school at this time. I turned back around and headed down the stairs that led me to the rooftop. Once I entered, there were only a few other students. Mostly loners who liked the quietness as well. 

 

   I took a seat near one of the corners that no one had taken. I liked the quiet. it allowed me to think of other things. My mind wandered from my text book to the blank sheet of paper next to it. I hadn't written today so maybe that will help me fix my mood. I began to focus on my emotions and just wrote down what I was feeling. I didn't stop until I heard the bell signally it was time for classes to start.

 

   After avoiding many concerned looks from other students, I tried to cover up my tear stained eyes as I made my way to my next class. When I arrived at the classroom, half of the class was already there so I still had some time. I went and sat down in my seat. My seat was at the very back on the left by the window. I didn't want people to notice me but who was I kidding? I was all puffy-eyed and had bloated cheeks.

 

   I was a walking pity party target. Some of the girls came and sat down next to me to try and console whatever ailment they thought I had. They kept rubbing my shoulders and kept saying it'll be okay. I wanted to be left alone so I told them it was my mom spicy bulgogi because she had put extra chili powder in it today. They started laughing at my spice endurance level and kept saying how cute I was. Anything was better than telling them what was really going on. Before the final bell rung, in walked my personal stalker. 

 

   Je Woo decided to sit right next to me after shooing away the girls. I felt him leaned closer to me and turned my face towards his. "Aw. What's wrong with you? Feeling overwhelmed? Need a shoulder to cry on? I'm here for you if you let me." I wanted to punch him square in the face. He was really beginning to get on my nerves. I've never seen someone get so addicted to power so quick like he did. He should just run for student government president. Oh wait... he is running. I just stared at him and slowly pushed his hand off. I faced forward and I knew he was shocked because I didn't have anything to throw back at him.

 

   The teacher had walked in so that made him turned around in his seat. I was happy he walked in because that would cause Je Woo to stop talking to me. The teacher began lecturing on the early Goryeo Period. No one ever cares about this class but since Je Woo was right next to me, I wanted to ignore him so I decided to pay close attention to everything that the twacher said. By the time we got to the half way mark, I decided that I had to go the restroom. I needed to catch a breather from everything. After the teacher gave me the pass, I headed stright to the bathroom.

 

   As soon as I stepped in front of the mirror, I placed the pass down on the sink and splashed water on my face. This is just too much. "Je Woo is annoyign the hell out of me. He moved up to first place, so what? You should just leave me alone now. And what's up with him and Jongdae? Why were they arguing?" If I nosey and in a good mood, I probably would've found out what was going on. I had already been in the bathroom for more than five minutes so I should hurry back. When I walked in the teacher was talking about a group project. He stopped me before I got back to my seat. "Je Woo volunteered you to be a part of his group." Great. My day is just getting better and better.

 

   I nodded my head to the teacher and walked back to my seat. I felt Je Woo eyes follow my every move and once I sat down, he beamed over at me. "Joonie. Looks like we have work together. You want to come over to my place and start on it?" I couldn't help but let out a sigh. Of course. Of course, he would want me to be in his group. For some reason, he is completely stuck on me and wants to keep bothering me. I finally looked at him. "So. Who else is in our group?" He looked at me like I just said something funny. "No one, you silly goose. It's only us." I felt a shudder of disgust roll up my spine. Why is being so damn weird? Why oh why is

Please log in to read the full chapter