A Butterfly Trapped in a House of Cards

The House
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jimin's P.O.V
        

   Sung-Jae had finished his dinner first and went to take his bath. While he was in the bath, I decided to wash the dishes. When I grabbed for the gloves, Sung-Jae's aunt started speaking to me. "Oh, Jimin honey don't worry about it. I think I hear Sung-Jae getting out of the bath. You go ahead and take yours." After she finish, she hit me on the . At her touch, I became frozen. I don't know her and I don't know why she did that. I just knew...I was very uncomfortable at her sudden touch on my persons.

 


    I ended up stuttering. "Ye-yes." I got off the step stool and hurried up the stairs to get ready for my bath. I went into the room I was sharing with Sung-Jae. He was already fast asleep in his bed. I don't blame him though. We were up since 7:45am, played a long game of soccer with our friends from school, had frozen yogurt, came back had dinner and he took a long bath. I would be sleeping too, if I had only finished my food at the same time he did. Opening my suitcase, I rummaged through it and became happy when I found my hulk pajamas. He was my favorite from the Avengers. The reason that I like the Hulk is because I like how he smashes everything without being picky. He doesn't try to be sneaky, he just dominates whatever is in front of him.

 

 

    Smiling to myself, I hurried to the bathroom. I placed my clothes on the toilet seat and went to run my bath water. "Oh...?" When I looked over at the tub, it was already full with a lot of bubbles. "Oooo!" I stuck my hand in the tub and started playing with the bubbles. It was still warm. Sung-Jae must have ran the water after he got out. He had to made it hot because it wasn't cold at all. Even if he was my best friend, he was still being a nice host. He didn't have to do that but I was happy that he did. Now I don't have to waste any time and get right in.

 


    I folded my clothes up neatly and placed them by the counter. Mom always gotten on me about being messy when visiting other people's home. Especially if they were family friends. This weekend was my parent's anniversary so, I didn't want to be there. Even though an anniversary is only one day, I wanted to give them some privacy the whole weekend. For my younger brother, I asked our grandma to keep him the weekend. I happily got into the bath and started to wash. Being outside all day and playing soccer, I was filthy.

 

 

I cleaned behind and inside my ears. Next was my arms and legs. I cleaned my private part and my hair was last. I started playing with the bubbles when I was done. I put some on my face and gave myself a mustache. "When I'm older, I'll have a real one!" I kept playing with the bubbles a little more before I let out the water and started to clean out the tub. Grabbing a towel that was hanging on the wall, I stepped out on to the mat on the floor. After making sure I was completely dry, I put on my awesome pajama's that my mom bought me for my birthday and stepped onto the stool to brush my teeth.

 

 

As I was putting the toothpaste on my toothbrush, I looked in the mirror and noticed a sticky note on the side.

 

 

    I knew you would be too lazy to run your own bath so I took it upon myself and did it for you. No need to thank me. Just wash properly and enjoy! Also, clean your teeth properly too. Brush, floss and mouth wash. You know the drill. I'll be sleep by the time you get up here so goodnight Jiminnie.

 

 


    I scoffed at the note. So much for being a good host. Even though I was mouthing off at him in my head, I did as I was instructed. Drying my mouth, I grabbed my clothes and headed back to the room. I placed my clothes in the hamper and climbed into bed. I whispered goodnight to Sung-Jae and turned over on my right side. I must have been more tired than I thought because as soon as my head hit my pillow, sleep found me quickly.

 

 

                                                              ~~~~~~~

 

   

    I looked around and I couldn't see anything. It was completely and utterly dark. "Hello?" I called out but I didn't receive any response. It was so cold. I felt like I was sitting in a tub full of ice. Even though I was walking, it felt like I was stuck in one spot.

 

 

"You know I'm in love with Seok-Jin. All of you know that fact but for some unknown reason, he only has eyes for you. Because of you, he won't pay my love any attention. I don't know what you did or why you did it but I'm telling you now."

 

 

    I started to look around frantically. Even though I was looking around, all I could see was a massive void and that I was alone. Where is this voice coming from? Who was he talking to? The mysterious voice came once again from all around me.

 

 


    "Stay away from Seok-Jin. Don't flirt with him. If he flirts with you, you are to turn the other way around..."

 

 


    "That's all you can do. If he starts acting strange, end whatever you are doing right then and there..."

 

 


    "I'm being serious... if you still want to be my friend, I suggest you listen to me..."

 

 


    Who was the voice mad at? That voice... it sounded so familiar to me. Like, I know who it belongs to but...it sounded so far away and close at the same time. I feel like I Should know who it is but I can't focus on that right now. What is this? Suddenly the voice was no longer there. Instead, this black hole was beginning to close in on me. It felt like every ounce of my breath was being out of me.

 

 

    The darkness... it was too much and too thick that I could barely breathe. Everything was starting to feel small. What was once an ocean of black was now feeling like a really tight sheet around my body. I couldn't move, couldn't scream, couldn't see. So, this is what it feels like to drown. Mom would always say "be careful around the pool. You could fall in and drown if you don't know how to swim." I guess this is what happens if I wasn't careful like she said. As I was struggling to free myself, I felt like I was falling. Falling quickly into nothing.

 

 

 

                                                             ~~~~~~~

 

  


   I heard a thud and then I opened my eyes. It was still dark but I could see a faint light in the distance and I heard what sounded like a gigantic bear snoring.

 

 

    I was wrapped in my bed sheets like a mummy. I could finally breathe again. While I untangled myself, I felt tears stinging my eyes. I wanted to cry so bad. I don't know what that was but I didn't like it. I know that nothing really happened to me but the darkness... it was so choking and that voice...it was so violent to the other person. I was alone and I couldn't see.

 

 


    I crawled over to Sung-Jae's bed and shook him. "Mmmm... I'm sleeping. Go away Minnie... Not now..." He mumbled and flipped over on his other side. My eyes were burning even more now and I felt like I couldn't hold them back anymore. He was always like this. I knew there was no chance of waking him up when he had a good and tiring day. My only other choice was... Sung-Jae's Aunt.

 

 

    Letting my friend continue his sleep, I got up and walked into the hallway, leaving a mountain of sheets behind me. The lights were off except for the bathroom, I knew the guess room was at the end of the hall and to the right. Following my memory, I made it there without bumping into anything. I knocked on the door and opened it slightly. "Hello Imo-ssi. I- I had-d a n-night m-mare..." I heard some shifting and then the noise of the light switch being . Oh good... No more darkness. I walked in only to see Sung-Jae's aunt in a red frilly and lacey night gown. The gown had extremely thin straps.

 

 

   "Umm... Can I sleep here? I'm too afraid to stay by myself." I quietly whispered. She looked at me as if I was a figment of her imagination. When she realized who I was, a Cheshire grin popped up on her face. "Oh, Min Min, come here. Of course, you can sleep here!" I was a little worried but I was more afraid of staying alone, even though Sung-Jae was right next to me. So, I climbed into the large queen size bed next to her. As I laid down she grabbed me, pulling me closer to her. I let out a sigh and snuggled closer. It felt so warm and comfortable.

 

 

    After a few minutes, I felt myself begin to drift off to sleep. However, before I could, I felt a hand rub my back. It was warm and it felt nice. Mommy would do this when I was sick or hurt, but never for a nightmare. She said I needed to man up and start being a big boy. I felt the hand move to my shoulders and it started to slowly travel down my arms. I liked how it was feeling. I wanted more of it since I wanted to feel safe. "Err... this feels really nice. Mommy doesn't do this for me when I have bad dreams." She started to chuckle to herself. "Oh, I'm so happy my little Min Min is feeling so good. That makes me happy. How about this..." She then moved her hands to my legs, which was a little sore from falling out of the bed earlier.

 

 


    She was making everything feel better. I felt warm as she started to rub my chest, saying that she was trying to calm my breathing. She said that someone did that to her when she was younger and had a nightmare. "This is only your special treat Min Min." She cooed. Then she started to caress my tummy. I didn't want her to stop. Everything felt all tingly. My breath became h

Please log in to read the full chapter