Forever Young

The House
Please log in to read the full chapter

   She stripped away myself- worth, layer by layer until there was nothing left of my personality. Yet, I can never forget about the boy I used to be. He lived inside, my caged soul, waiting for the day I would set him free. You have no idea what it means to fight daily battles in your head with the person you are no longer in contact with.

 

                                                                                    ~~~~~~~

 

 


Jimin’s P.O.V

 

 

   Sung-Jae and I was playing a game on the play station 2 in his room. The game we were playing was Kingdom Hearts. At the moment, Sung-Jae was running through the gate into Guillotine square. I yelled out, “Watch out! A Heartless just popped up.” I was hitting him on the arm. “Be careful Keunko! You only have 30% of your health bar left.” He lost twenty percent very quickly but he held on with his last percentage by blocking the heartless attack with the key. That 10% percent didn’t last long though. That soon disappeared too and we were getting close to the ending too...


 

   I patted his shoulder because he was upset that he lost. “It’s okay Keunko. We can try again later. How about a break and let’s go get a snack?” He quickly got over the lost and his emotion changed to delight. We started to race each other to the kitchen. Sung-Jae’s mom was preparing strawberries and tangerines. “Hey boys” She called out while she was peeling the tangerine. “Stop running before someone gets hurt. Take a seat in the living room so you can watch t.v while you eat.”

 

 

   “Come on! Dragon Ball is about to start.” Sung-Jae grabbed my hand and started to pull me towards the living room. “We missed it last week because you wanted ice cream SO bad that we missed almost the whole episode. Today, I will NOT miss it.” We sat down and watched it for about ten minutes. In the episode, Goku and Bulma had just met Yamcha in the desert. Bulma was stricken with love the moment she saw him. We were so into the show that we didn’t hear Sung-Jae's mom open the door. “Nuguseyo?”

 

 

   By the time we turned our heads to see who it was, we saw a pretty lady with curly bouncy hair. She looked like an actress out of one of those dramas Sung-Jae’s mom watches. I stared her for a little bit but Dragon Ball was more important. I wasn’t really paying attention but I heard her call out to Sung-Jae. “Ah! Sung-Jae-ah you grown so big. Oh, you’re so adorable. Come here and give me a hug.” Sung-Jae replied, “Yes imo. I’m coming.” She kisses him and hugs him like he was a big brown teddy bear.

 

 

   When finished with greetings, she finally noticed me. “Oh? Who is that adorable little pumpkin over there?” She came over and sat next to me. “May I ask what is your name?” I stood up and gave her a bow. “Hello. My name is Park Jimin.” I thought I saw something spark in her eyes but I didn’t pay much attention to it. A smile was playing on her peach color lips. “Oh, he’s so sweet and well mannered. You’re our Sung-Jae’s friend. He talks about you all the time. It’s so nice to finally meet you.” I answered her by saying, “Yes.” I glanced over at Sung-Jae who was talking to his mom.

 

 

   While my attention was diverted, she reached out and grabbed my cheeks. She started to pinch both of my cheeks a little too hard. “Omo. Aren’t you just the cutest little thing ever!” I didn’t smile as I said thank you while my cheeks were being stretched. Letting go, she eyed my cheeks. “I’m sorry. I made your cheeks a little red. Does it hurt?” She put three fingers on my face and started to roll them around my cheeks. I’m guessing she was massaging them but I didn’t like her touch. It felt very uncomfortable.

 

 

 

   She seemed too nice. Oh well. She didn’t stay with me for long because she went to go speak with Sung-Jae’s mom and he came back to me asking if I wanted to continue playing kingdom hearts. We played the game for the rest of the time I was there. It soon became dark and his mom came up stairs to tell us it’s time to take our baths and head on to bed. We found out his aunt was staying over as well in the guest bedroom. Sung-Jae’s mom and aunt rushed us to bed saying it was late. His mom kissed us on the head saying goodnight while his aunt was standing at the door. Sung-Jae’s mom left but I noticed that his aunt stayed behind a little longer.

 

 

   I couldn’t sleep because I felt like she was watching me. I rolled over on my side hoping she would see that I’m trying to go to sleep. That feeling didn’t go away though. I could hear her coming closer. It was carpet on the floor but she still tried to walk softly. I squeezed my eyes closed as she just stood there. I then heard her mumble something so quietly that I mistook what she said. It sounded like, “You’re so perfect and beautiful. It’s not time yet. Just be patient okay?” I felt confused. Maybe it was just my imagination.

 

 

   I mean, it was late and past my bedtime. Maybe I was just sleepy and thought that was what I heard. I finally felt sleep find me as I felt her began to leave. I decided not to think nothing of it as I fell into dreamland.

 

                                                                                    ~~~~~~~

 

 

   I was being shaken by Sung-Jae. “Wake up Jimin! It’s Saturday so mom is going to take us to the park. She said we got 10 minutes to get ready or she’ll go by herself. Hurry!” He flung the cover off my body. I pushed him away and rolled back over. “Leave me alone. Let me continue sleeping Keunko.” He wouldn’t stop and even started to pull me off the bed. “ALRIGHT ALREADY.” I shook him off my arm and started to get a change of clothes out of my suitcase.

 

 

   Pulling out a pair of shorts and a t-shirt I glanced over at the big black cl0ck that was hanging on his wall. The hands showed 7:45am. Why are we going so early!? I could still be having the best sleep of my life. I suddenly remembered last night. Did I dreamed that or did it actually happen? His aunt saying, “You’re so perfect and beautiful. It’s not time yet. Just be patient okay?” I shook my head. She wouldn’t say that too me. A small child. I must have been tired. Before I had a chance to tie my shoes, once again, an eager Sung-Jae just wouldn’t let me be. “She’s starting the car.”

 

 

   He glared at me before he continued speaking. “You’re not making me miss going to park Jimin. So...h-u-r-r-y up.” I sighed at my best friend. “Okay Keunko. You’re so bossy.” And at my finished statement, we started running down the stairs before we were actually late and had to stay at the house.We both hopped into the back of her jeep after Sung-Jae carefully locked the front door. His mom looked into the review mirror and smiled at us. “Three minutes to spare guys. Since you were on time, how about some frozen yogurt during play

Please log in to read the full chapter