Everything Starts With You

Of Little Surprises and Brand New Chances

Hi everyone! Brand new one shot. This is a prequel and tells the story of how Appa Jinyoung met Prince Charming Tuan! ^^ Happy reading!

 


 

First day of classes was always somewhat difficult.

They say that it’s like taking a giant step. Once you’re in, the next ones will be a lot easier.

But not for Mark Tuan.

 

Call him a nerd or whatever, but he has always looked forward to his classes. From kindergarten up till high school he has always liked the smell of newly purchased school supplies and the fresh set of uniforms accessorized by shiny black shoes. That’s why today, on his first day of college, he may have been overly prepared with his brand new set of outfits, ready for anything that may come along way.

He particularly loves his new (limited edition!) white chucks, which he bought using his savings working at a part-time job. Not bragging, but he is the son of one of the most prominent lawyers in the country after all, and Mark Tuan buying things using his own money is kind of a big deal.

 

So, it was no question that morning when he was really excited when he left his apartment (which was bought by his parents by the way; blame his overbearing mother when he suggested that he wanted to stay at the student dorms.)

 

The walk to school was just five minutes away, but Mark was already able to soak up the feeling of finally being a university student. As much as possible, he did not want to give an impression that he was a freshman student and he thinks he was doing a pretty good job. That is until his best friend, Im Jaebum came running into him excitedly.

“Dude, really?” Mark watches in distaste when he saw his best friend’s outfit: their school logo plastered in his hoodie, cap, back pack… Not exactly a subtle way to declare that you are a first year in front of the whole school.

“What?” Jaebum widened his eyes innocently. “Is this another way of you telling me that you’re way cooler than me, Mark Tuan?”

“I… Yes.” Mark nodded as he started walking again. He had long resigned to the fact that being with Im Jaebum is always gonna be embarrassing.

“Let me remind you again that you only received two more letters than mine last Valentine’s Day,” Jaebum narrowed his eyes at him. “So you’re only a tad bit cooler than me.”

“Whatever,” Mark shrugged, practically ignoring everyone who’s either ogling or staring judgmentally at them. “What’s your first class anyway?”

“English.” Jaebum replied. “I told you we should’ve taken the class together.”

“You’re just saying that because you wanted to copy my homework.” Mark replied bluntly to which Jaebum only answered with a smirk.

“Well, what’s your first class then?” Jaebum demanded. “The one you betrayed me for?”

“Philosophy.”

“Lame,” Jaebum snickered. “I also have that, but seriously man, who takes a philosophy class at eight am?”

“Geniuses like me.” Mark rolled his eyes. He then checked his watch to make sure he wasn’t running late. “Anyway, I don’t wanna be late, so I’ll best get going. Good luck on your English class. Please don’t start your introduction with a rap song. Please.

“Not gonna promise anything, dude.” Jaebum says as he went on his own way.

 

There’s still a few people when Mark arrived at the class hall, which was great for him since he prefers sitting at the end of the aisle providing him the freedom to get out of the room as soon as the class ends.

He was feeling a little bit giddy as he took out his notebook and pen from his bag. He was observing his classmates quietly and everyone seemed to be minding their own businesses. Ah, this must be what it’s like to be a college student.

It was a few minutes before eight and the classroom was almost filled up and Mark can feel the anticipation building up when he suddenly felt a sudden sting on his right foot. He looked down in horror as his pristine white shoe suddenly has a distinctive shoe mark on it which he was pretty sure wasn’t on it this morning.

His head turned around sharply at the culprit, the person sitting on the chair beside him and Mark automatically scowled. The “shoe wrecker” was out of breath, most likely due to the fact that he was almost late for class. Mark would not be surprised at all, since this person gave off a pretty irresponsible and careless impression (He still hasn’t apologized for stepping on Mark’s foot by the way!!)

Mark was still too busy glaring at the person beside him that he did not notice that the bell has finally rung and their professor has finally arrived at the classroom. He could hear the professor droning on their lesson, but for some reason could hardly care. He watched shamelessly as this guy beside him innocently listened from his seat, writing in his notebook from time to time.

…And he still has not apologized to Mark and his shoes.

It might have been ten minutes later or perhaps half an hour already, when Mark sees his seatmate scribble something on his paper and eventually showing it to a very curious Mark.

It says: “It’s really boring, huh? Wanna play hangman?

Mark looked dumbly at the paper in front of him and that was when he realized that his seatmate was not taking notes at all. There were some assortments of doodles drawn on it and there might be a comical drawing of their professor that Mark could not help but look in disbelief at his grinning seatmate.

 

And man, it was unbelievable.

 

He wouldn’t deny it, but Mark was pretty sure his mouth was hanging open for a few seconds before he realized that a normal person should not be this obvious especially when he should be hiding the sudden feeling of butterflies fluttering in his stomach or his suddenly irregular heartbeat. All of a sudden he started to worry that his eyes might be twinkling because this smiling guy in front of him looked too beautiful especially with those adorable wrinkles forming on the side of his eyes.

Mark felt a sudden tapping on the back of his hand and saw a pout forming at the other’s face. Oh right, he’s taking too long to answer, but how is his pout as cute as his smile? How? He then hurriedly picked up his pen and was about to write something on his own notebook when his seatmate starts to pen something on his own too.

No, let’s write on my notebook. Yours seems very new. Mine’s already messy anyway. ;)” His seatmate then turned sideways to Mark’s direction and scooted his chair closer to his and no, Mark did not have any goosebumps. Nope! His seatmate put his notebook on Mark’s armrest and flipped it on an empty page, smiling carelessly at Mark and definitely unaware of the inner turmoil he was causing.

Mark, with shaking hands, started to write on the blank page. “I’m not exactly excellent in Korean. Sorry. T_T

He watches in fascination as his seatmate’s lips (Mark has no idea why he was staring at it anyway.) turned into a perfect “o” shape. “Oh? Why? Korean isn’t your first language?”

“Yeah, kind of. I was born in US and moved here when I was ten. I can speak Korean just fine, but they say I at spelling. I’m still working on it eight years later.”

“Wah~ that’s alright! :) If you want, we can just talk? I’m almost falling asleep and that says something because I woke up late earlier! ^^”

 

That was how he met Park Jinyoung. For the next hour, Mark has no idea what the professor talked about, but that was at the very least of his worries since he was pretty into deep with the person beside him at that moment. The exchange of notes continued until the bell signaling the end of first period rang.

 

“Hey, you wanna have lunch together?” Jinyoung asked and that was only then that Mark heard his voice for the first time. And if he wasn’t in trouble earlier, he was definitely dead meat now.

“Sure,” Mark replied trying to hide the excitement in his voice. Damn it, he doesn’t wanna go to the next class anymore. He was pretty sure he looked like an idiot already with the smile on his face.

“Here,” Jinyoung offered him a piece of paper. “My number’s in there. So you definitely have to text me or else I’ll haunt you, okay?”

Mark chuckled as he pulled his phone from his pocket and showed Jinyoung that he was saving his number. “Alright, there. Saved under the name of Park Jinyoung – Philosophy classmate.”

“Aish,” Jinyoung sent him a glare as he snatched the phone from Mark’s hands. And yes, it wasn’t his imagination anymore. He definitely felt the electricity when he their hands touched. “I’m offended. Do you really have to sound so business-like?” Jinyoung mumbled as he edited his name on Mark’s phone. “Here’s your phone back, Mr. Tuan.”

Mark had to catch himself from laughing out loud in the middle of the hallway when he saw the name Jinyoungie with a peach emoji after. “Real mature, Mr. Park.”

“Hey, at least I’m fun.” Jinyoung said. “Don’t forget lunch okay? I’m going to my next class now.”

“See you later.”

“Nice to meet you by the way, Mark Tuan.”

“You too, Park Jinyoung.”

 

Mark could still make out the shoe print left on his chucks, but he could hardly care anymore. Something tells him that someone is already making a permanent imprint in his heart.

 

 

“Hey dude, you want to have lunch together? Where’s your class?”

“Mark Tuan, do you have your phone in silent mode again?”

“I’m not gonna hang up till you answer your phone. Not gonna hang up. Not gonna hang up. Not gonna hang up. Not gonna hang up. Not gonna hang up. Not gonna hang up. Not gon—…”

“You’re deliberately not answering my call, aren’t you? You’re dead.”

 

Mark rolled his eyes while listening to all of Jaebum’s voice messages. It was true though. He did have his phone in silent and was not able to check it until lunch time, He felt a bit bad about not inviting his best friend on his lunch “date” with Jinyoung, but after hearing his annoying voice over and over, it might be a good idea after all. They say first impressions last and Mark did not want an embarrassing Jaebum ruining his first impressions to Park Jinyoung.

Yeah, well. It was a bit selfish. Hopefully Jaebum will understand later if he was not busy burying Mark alive in their backyard.

“Hey,” An out of breath Jinyoung slumped beside him at the cafeteria. Mark made sure that he was able to reserve a table just for the two of them (and the fact that it was at the corner of the cafeteria is not related at all).

“You alright?” Mark asked in concern as Jinyoung smacked his face on the table.

“Yep, just had to run from my class.” Jinyoung looked up at him from the table with a sheepish smile. “Didn’t want to be late for this.”

Mark snorted, but he cannot help feeling warm in his stomach again. “You’re crazy.” He tried to say without giving away the fact that he felt so happy hearing Jinyoung say those words.

“I know.” Jinyoung shrugged as he sat up immediately and looking around the almost crowded cafeteria. “You wanna get your food first?”

“Uh,” Mark hesitated. “No it’s okay, you go first.”

“I’ll feel bad.” Jinyoung frowned and Mark fought the urge to touch the other’s face and erase the creases formed on it. “Hey, why don’t we just get our food together?”

“Somebody might take our table.” Mark replied.

“That’s fine,” Jinyoung said already picking up his and Mark’s bag from their seat. “Then we’ll take our food to-go. It’s a bright, sunny day. We can eat outside. Yeah?”

 

They had barely left their table when someone already went and sat on it. Mark could not help but snicker when he saw it happened and a short second later Jinyoung joined him too. It felt so silly for him spending so much time with someone who he did not even know yesterday, but this ridiculous happiness that Mark was feeling in his heart was getting too huge to ignore.

In the end, they did end up eating at the huge grass field near the school cafeteria. They didn’t mind though since other students loitered the area and the football team were having their practice as well. Besides, Jinyoung was right, the sun was shining brightly, so why not enjoy it?

“So,” Jinyoung says as he munched on the burrito he bought. “You’ve mentioned earlier that your dad’s a lawyer? Is that why you’re taking up pre-law?”

“Yeah, kinda.” Mark thought about it for a little bit as he opened his rice box. “It’s not you know, a family tradition or whatever if that’s what you’re thinking. I just spent most of my childhood running around his office and found myself getting interested, you know? But I guess the turning point was last summer when I worked part-time assisting with cases and all. That’s when I became sure that I wanna pursue a law degree.”

“That’s amazing!” Jinyoung exclaimed and it did make Mark reddened a bit. “Your dad must’ve loved working with you.”

“Uhm well, he didn’t actually.” Mark smiled embarrassedly. “I worked part time for his rival.” He heard Jinyoung gasp in surprise and Mark felt the need to explain further. “I did think about working for my dad, but he won’t allow me to. Then an offer arrived from the rival law firm and I accepted. I think they’re thinking I’m gonna sell out my dad and all, but I never really cared about that. I just did my job as needed and I loved every minute of it. It kinda drove my dad crazy at first, but we’re good now. He says it felt like I went to a training camp and came home a winner. He’s like that.”

“You’re not a lawyer yet and you’re this sly.” Jinyoung grinned at him. Mark liked it, especially the way Jinyoung said the word “sly”. It’s very hot and definitely not caused by the sunny weather.

“How about you?” Mark asked, sincerely curious since Jinyoung has mentioned earlier that he’s a Literature major.

Jinyoung put down his burrito looking a bit shy. It left Mark so fascinated that Jinyoung could look cute in everything he does. “Okay. I’ll tell you, but promise not to laugh, alright?”

“Why would I even laugh?” Mark asked innocently.

“Because the thing is I really do love reading, but…” Jinyoung squeezed his eyes shut as he took a deep breath. “…But the reason why I took Literature is because I love fairy tales!” He said it so fast that Mark took a few moments to figure out what Jinyoung had said. “Okay, you can laugh now. I won’t be mad.”

“I’m not laughing though.” Mark offered Jinyoung an encouraging smile, which he was happy to do since it did remove the worry on the other’s face. “Besides, if it’s something you’re passionate about, I don’t think anyone should laugh about it.”

“They say it’s a childish reason, silly even.” Jinyoung sighed. “But you’re right. It’s something that I really love and I want to pursue. It’s not really profitable and there are just three Literature majors in our year right now. My parents are really worried if I’ll have a job once I graduate, but I dream of publishing something one day and I don’t care how long it will take, as long as I take every step that I can. Plus, I love princesses and prince charming and who doesn’t want to have a fairy godmother in their life?” Jinyoung paused as he looked at Mark worriedly. “Sorry, I’m droning on.”

“It’s no problem” Mark said as he stared at Jinyoung with so much wonder and he could not help but think how much he wanted to spend the rest of his life learning about this person in front of him right now.

It was so ridiculous, it’s just the first day of classes and he’s finding himself in this situation. Mark tried to push these thoughts in his mind, but they always end up in the same destination; towards a certain Literature major with a cute smile and fun personality.

Park freaking Jinyoung.

Uh-oh.

 

 

His classes ended up at three in the afternoon and by the time that Mark arrived home his heart was still fluttering. He was so ready to just slump down on his bed and hopefully dream about Park Jinyoung, but that doesn’t seem the case when he saw an additional shoe on his doorway.

“Oh, you’re home.” Mark instantly glared at Jaebum who’s carrying at least three different kinds of chips (Mark’s chips of course!) from the kitchen. He also realized that his television is already playing in the background.

“I’m starting to regret giving you a spare key.” Mark said sitting down lazily on the couch and snatching a snack form Jaebum’s hands. “Don’t you have your own place?” Yes, indeed, Jaebum has his own apartment. When his best friend’s parents learned about Mark’s new apartment, they bought their son his own too: right beside Mark’s. Apparently their parent’s took to heart the BFF forever slogan more than he and Jaebum himself.

“You have a bigger TV.” Jaebum says as he lied down on the opposite end and Mark grunted when his best friend tried to kick him lightly on his cheek.

“Dude, please. Your foot.” Mark scrunched his nose as he tried to dodge Jaebum’s attacks. “I’m starting to lose my appetite. Eww.”

“Please, you’re already immune from it since we were eleven.” Jaebum said annoyingly. “Besides, that’s your punishment for ditching me during lunch break.”

“Oh, that. Sorry.” Mark smiled smugly at his best friend. He can’t help it and he knew Jaebum is bound to figure it out sooner or later.

“What does that smile mean?” Jaebum jumped on Mark and hovered on his face. His hands automatically going to Mark’s side to tickle aka torture him. “Something happened, didn’t it? I know you wouldn’t ditch me if something important happened! Answer me, Mark Tuan!!!”

“How can I… Can’t— breathe!!” Mark tried to wiggle from his best friends hold feeling his stomach already hurting from all the laughing. Jaebum’s hands stopped eventually but Mark still pushed him aside for precaution.

“So?” Jaebum eyed him excitedly and a few chip crumbs may have landed on Mark’s face. “Did anything interesting happen?”

“I met someone in Philosophy class.” Mark said quietly as he munched on the cheese-flavored chips.

“…Someone?” Jaebum blinked at him dazedly before jumping on Mark again. “You, Mark aka Ice Prince Mark Tuan met someone?! You’re sure you weren’t flirting with your phone or your iPod?”

“Get off me!” Mark said as he again pushed Jaebum away. “Of course I wasn’t!” He patted down annoyingly at the little chips clinging on his hoodie courtesy of Im Jaebum. “His name is Park Jinyoung, also a freshman and a Literature major.”

“Oh?” Jaebum was smiling widely at him, knowing Mark hated to be teased. “So tell me about this “Park Jinyoung, also a freshman and a Literature major”, who was also amazing, he melted Ice Prince Mark’s heart. Is he hot?”

“Is that really your first question?” Mark asked his best friend in judgement. “Do you really think I’m so shallow that…?” And then he saw Jaebum’s wiggling eyebrows and his mind suddenly went to Jinyoung immediately. “…Fine. He’s hot. Very hot. But that’s not all!” Mark grabbed the couch pillow next to him and buried his face in it while he squealed (yes, totally manly).

“Holy ! This is rich!” Jaebum cackled from his seat, trying to pull Mark away from suffocating himself with the pillow. “You’re serious, aren’t you?” Jaebum said when a very red Mark finally faced him. “Alright, fine. You’re forgiven from missing lunch with me.”

“Too late now. I can’t forget the smell of your feet.” Mark grumbled.

Jaebum shrugged. “So anyway, forget about that. Just think about Jinyoung.” There was an unconscious smile that made its way on Mark’s face, which Jaebum did not miss. “Wow, who the hell are you? What have you done to my best friend? What did this guy do to make you look like a lovesick puppy?”

“Shut up,” Mark sighed while his brain is currently having a Park Jinyoung smiles slideshow. “He’s perfect. He’s handsome, smart, cute, funny… He makes me talk a lot too. I don’t know. He’s everything, Jaebum. He’s the one.”

“Whoa,” Jaebum held up both his hands. “Kind of early to say that about someone you’ve met for the first time, on your first day in college.” Mark rolled his eyes at the way his best friend emphasized on the words.

“What are you saying?” Mark said with a raised brow.

“I’m just…” Jaebum paused for a bit, deep in his thoughts. “College is really about exploring and learning stuff. You don’t want to be tied down with the first guy that you see. Don’t you want to, you know… enjoy your options for a bit? Besides, are you even sure that Jinyoung’s even single? If he’s really as amazing as how you’re describing him to me, don’t you think other people wouldn’t notice?”

Mark shrugged. In his mind, he knew Jaebum has a point, a very legitimate point to be honest, but problem is his heart was telling him the opposite.

“Hey, come on.” Jaebum poked his arm with an apologetic smile. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to ruin the atmosphere. Stop looking so depressed all of a sudden. You’re scaring me.” Mark only gave him an “It’s your entire fault!” glare. “That’s why you have me, isn’t it? We can definitely find out everything we need to know about Park Jinyoung. And if we need to break up a relationship, you can certainly count me in.”

“Evil and definitely not my cup of tea.” Mark narrowed his eyes. “But go on, what’s your idea?”

“All we need is a careful and elaborate plan…”

 

As it turns out, careful and elaborate in Im Jaebum’s definition consists of a lot of stalking and probably doing something illegal. (Jaebum might have mentioned about hacking Jinyoung’s phone with a guy that ‘he knows’, but he did not elaborate and Mark was not exactly enthusiastic to know the details.) Mark had ended up kicking Jaebum out from his apartment and he just spent the whole night thinking about Park Jinyoung.

 

 

Philosophy class is only scheduled every Mondays and Thursdays, so Mark had spent his whole Tuesday hoping that Park Jinyoung would turn up for his non-major classes. Unfortunately, fate has not been kinder to him this time and Mark resigned himself taking notes while sulking quietly.

The good thing though was that classes today end at one in the afternoon. That only meant one thing: He will be able to roam around the Liberal Arts building with ample time in his hands and hopefully running into a certain Lit major. Oh, he could already imagine Jaebum giving him hell for even doing this.

The Liberal Arts building was a little bit smaller than theirs, so Mark had no problem walking around the classrooms, checking for any familiar faces (Jinyoung). He knew whatever he was doing was so absurd, yet he could not stop because he knew that just a small glimpse of his crush would be more than enough to get him through Thursday.

When the clock struck four pm however, Mark finally chose to give up. Maybe it wasn’t really in his lucky stars. He tried to convince himself that he just had to through one more day before he sees Jinyoung again. Besides, Wednesday is an off day for the university students; perhaps he could occupy himself with some advanced reading for his classes. God knows he really need to do it for his Philosophy class since he did not listen at all on their first day.

 

“Mark? Is that you?” The sudden voice was all too familiar, that Mark had to look up immediately to make sure he wasn’t hallucinating at all. And there he was, Park Jinyoung in all his glory standing in front of him.

“O-oh, Jinyoung!” Mark had to calm his heartbeat for a short moment, because as much as he’s having a dance party in his mind right now, Park Jinyoung is still doing things to his heart that needed to be controlled immediately. “Fancy seeing you here!” Fancy seeing you here? Mark is starting to imagine kicking himself in the guts.

“Yeah, you too!” Jinyoung exclaimed and he might have realized that his voice was really loud when a few students stopped and stared at him. “Sorry, it surprised me a bit to see you here.”

“Right…” Mark’s mind whirled as he thinks of a credible excuse. “I was just… getting my assigned readings for English class. Yeah!” He let out a small sigh when Jinyoung did not look a tad bit suspicious.

“I see, so you’re also taking English?” Jinyoung asked. “Me too! It’s too bad we weren’t classmates though. I could really use your help. I’m sure it’s a piece of cake for you.”

“I can teach you!” Mark said it so quickly that Jinyoung looked a bit startled at his enthusiasm. “That is… If you need help, I mean. You could just text me or call me or whatever…” He trailed of while Jinyoung giggled.

“Thanks, I really appreciate it as early as now.” Jinyoung said. “So, are you going home now?”

“Yes, you?”

“Yup!” Jinyoung replied and for some odd reason Mark found himself walking side by side with the other having no idea where they’re going. “Are you staying at the student dorms too?” Oh, so that’s where their destination is.

Mark shook his head. “No, off-campus but just a short walk from here.”

“I see.” Jinyoung nodded eagerly as if he’s storing that information in his head. “So I guess see you on Thursday then?” Mark watches as he scratched the back of his neck.

“You know I could walk you to the dorms?” Mark blinked at him, wishing to the heavens to extend his luck today.

“Sure,” Jinyoung looked shocked at first, but it was soon replaced by a warm smile. “If you don’t mind. I’m sorry for taking too much of your time.”

Take my time. Take all of my time. Take it all. “It’s no problem,” Mark assured him and berating himself in his mind for having no control on his hormones. “Besides, I haven’t been to the dorms yet, I’m a little bit curious.”

 

In the end, Mark arrived home at six in the evening, having spent most of his afternoon chatting with Jinyoung at the dorm’s common area. He did not mind though since the next day was a free day, and he did not have anything to worry about… yet.

He ended up going to Jaebum’s apartment instead, because hey, apartment trespassing is a two way street and maybe he wants to get back at his best friend for eating half of his food supply for the week.

“You’re home late.” Jaebum was casually lounging on his massage chair with an eye mask on that Mark thought he was sleeping. “Let me guess, Park Jinyoung.” Mark made himself at home on Jaebum’s couch and did not even bother to answer his friend’s question. “I thought you were whining earlier on your text that you didn’t have a class with him. You stalked him, didn’t you?” Jaebum finally removed his eye mask peeking at his friend.

“Stalk might be a strong word.” Mark said defensively although in his mind, he knew Jaebum was right. “I just tried searching for him in the Liberal Arts building and I just got lucky.”

“Lucky, my .” Jaebum snorted. “You’ve got it bad, man. B A D.”

“Tell me something I don’t know.” Mark sighed helplessly.

“So why don’t you ask him out?” Jaebum said sitting carelessly on Mark’s legs and turning on the TV. “Stop being an awkward penguin and ask him out on a date like a normal human being.”

“I will.” Mark says making up his mind. “On Thursday. After Philosophy class. I’ll ask him.”

 

 

“Mark, over here!” It came as a surprise to him when he saw Jinyoung already seated on their same area that Thursday morning, even more so, Mark could not believe that he arrived after Jinyoung.

“You’re early.” Mark commented sitting down on the usual chair reserved for him.

“Right, uh, don’t want to be late, do I?” Jinyoung chuckled. “Look what I got.” Mark watches as Jinyoung pulled up the notebook they were using the previous day. “I was browsing our conversation last time and I’m just laughing. We’re hilarious.”

“So does this mean no listening to the professor again?” Mark suggested half-jokingly. To be frank, he was still working up the courage to ask Jinyoung out since last night and he thought he had prepared thoroughly, but once he saw Jinyoung personally, all of it went down the drain. “Hey, I’m kidding!” Mark immediately says when he saw the guilty expression on Jinyoung’s face.

“No, you’re right. God, what am I doing?” Jinyoung chewed his bottom lip, putting his notebook back into his bag. However, Mark was too fast for him and snatch the notebook back to his desk. “Hey, give it back!”

“I don’t wanna.” Mark said playfully while he enjoyed the expression on Jinyoung’s face.

“Come on, don’t be mean.” Jinyoung protested as he tried to reach across Mark’s armchair unsuccessfully.

“I’ll give it back to you in one condition.” Mark said and he can’t help but swallow back the lump on his throat when he saw Jinyoung retreating back on his chair with a curious look on his face. Okay, this is it. Moment of truth.

“Alright, what is it?” Jinyoung asked.

 “Come hang out on me this Saturday.” Mark said quickly, but not that fast that Jinyoung would not catch what he was saying.

Jinyoung looked at him with an unreadable expression and suddenly all of Mark’s confidence disintegrated. Oh God. What if Jaebum’s right? What if Jinyoung really is in a relationship? Should he start distancing himself now? But he can’t! Not when he’s gonna see Jinyoung for the rest of the semester! Is this gonna be his first heartbreak? Ice Prince Mark Tuan’s heartbreak? And why is he calling himself Ice Prince anyway? He’s gonna kill Jaebum.

“Sure.” Jinyoung says simply as he grabbed his notebook from Mark’s hands.

“I’m sorry?” Mark blinked repeatedly not believing his ears. Yes, he really is an awkward penguin.

“I said sure.” Jinyoung said with a shy smile and Mark could feel his heart melting. Suddenly in his mind, he’s doing backflips.

“Oh,” Mark said awkwardly. “Okay, cool.”

“Great! I’ll tell my friends to join us too!” Jinyoung said happily as Mark gaped at him, totally and utterly speechless.

 

“You’re pathetic, Mark Tuan. Simply pathetic.” Jaebum shook his head, watching his best friend pitifully trying to suffocate himself with his pillows. “P A T H E T I C.”

Mark glared at him from his bed. “Stop spelling out stuff and help me!”

Jaebum, who was standing on the bedroom doorway, as he slowly approached him and sat on the bed. “So Park Jinyoung thought that you invited him to a friend’s only gathering, why didn’t you correct him?” Mark only answered him with a soft whimper. “Okay, I’ll just credit that for your stupidity.” That earned him a kick from Mark, but as usual, Jaebum was right.

“You have to come with me.” Mark sat up on his bed, pleading for his life. “On Saturday. You have to.”

“Alright, alright!” Jaebum laughed. “I knew you’d ask me so yeah, I’ll go. Besides, I’d really need to meet this Park Jinyoung soon. You know, to congratulate him for messing you up so much.”

“Thanks.” Mark slumped back on his comforter.

“Now, come on. Stop whining.” Jaebum said pulling Mark from his bed. “Treat me for some pizza. God knows you owe me big time.”

 

 

Saturday came as fast as a breeze and without even realizing it, Mark found himself sitting in one of the off-campus coffee shop with Jaebum (who by the way keeps on ordering the most expensive things on the menu.) Jinyoung agreed to meet to meet them at two in the afternoon, and even though he confirmed that morning that he will come, Mark cannot help but to keep on checking his watch.

“Relax, will you?” Jaebum turned to him with an amused look. “It’s not even two yet. God.”

“Shut up.” Mark commented, not really know what to retaliate because his mind is a total messy of nothingness at the moment.

Jaebum snorted. “You really need to calm down. Besides, do you really want Jinyoung to see you being snarky to your best friend?”

“I shouldn’t have brought you here.” Mark said in panic. “You bring out the violent side of me.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment.” Jaebum says as he sipped on his third cup of tea. Mark scowled at his best friend, who before today has never drunk hot tea in his entire life.

Mark was about to tell Jaebum to shut up once more, when the coffee shop door opened revealing Park Jinyoung. Coming along with him are two girls about the same age as theirs. Mark was so surprised; he stood up abruptly earning the attention of a few customers.

“Oh, this is gonna be hilarious.” Mark heard Jaebum commented from his side. “Is that him? Who’re those girls with him? Holy — Mark! Is Jinyoung…?”

Jaebum did not need to finish the thought, because Mark was already freaking out in his head already. Could it be that Jinyoung is straight? Does he really need to give up on wooing Park Jinyoung now?

“Hi,” Jinyoung greeted as he and the girls came to their table. “Are we late?”

“No, no. You’re just in time.” Mark replied offering them a seat. Upon hearing Jinyoung’s voice, all of his resolve on giving up crumbled. Goddamnit, why does Jinyoung have to be straight?

“Great, so uh, introductions first?” Jinyoung asked as he and his friends (hopefully friends only, Mark thought) sat on their respective chairs. “These are Soomin and Joohee. I believe I mentioned them to you before?” Jinyoung looked at Mark. “They’re the other literature majors aside from me in our year. Since you’ve offered to hangout, I thought it would be great if the three of us have more university friends, right?” Jinyoung elaborated and Mark’s heart soared. So none of the girls are Jinyoung’s girlfriend. Wonderful. Freaking wonderful. “Anyway, guys, this is Mark.”

Mark was still shaking the hands of the girls when Jaebum took it upon himself to introduce himself. “Hi, I’m Jaebum. I hope we’ll be wonderful friends!” Jaebum slung his arms around Mark’s shoulders as he offered the girls a wink before turning onto Jinyoung. “And you must be Jinyoung! Mark told me a lot about you.” Jaebum was still clinging onto Mark when he shook Jinyoung’s hands and it took almost all of his willpower to avoid shoving Jaebum down back on his chair.

 

Despite Jaebum’s presence, the afternoon turned out quite well. After couple of hours of chatting over coffee, their group decided to watch a movie at the local theater and even though he won’t admit it out loud, Mark was a bit happy that Jaebum chose a horror movie. It was totally an obvious move, but the way Jinyoung clutched the sleeve of his sweater for almost the entire movie made it all worth it.

(Jaebum might have spilled a lot of his popcorn on him, but Mark didn’t care anymore. He’s a happy little bean.)

 

 

The following Monday, Mark could not keep still on his seat as he waited for Jinyoung to arrive in their classroom. Unfortunately, when the school bell rang signaling the start of first period, there was still no Park Jinyoung in sight.

Jinyoung arrived ten minutes later to Mark’s relief. He was a bit worried that their Professor would scold him in front of the whole class, but thankfully he didn’t even spare the latecomer with a simple glance as he proceeded with his lecture.

To Mark’s demise, Jinyoung chose a different seat this time, opting the one in front. He had to admit, it made his heart sank for a little bit until he realized that it might be more convenient for Jinyoung anyway. This was not the time to be selfish and for the first time, Mark sat down in his class and actually listened to the lecture.

The class went longer than expected, and even though the bell for the next period already rang, their professor still kept droning on for another five minutes. That’s why when they were finally let go, Mark was beyond excited to approach Jinyoung and maybe have at least a short conversation to get him through the day.

Only, Park Jinyoung was already heading out of the classroom before Mark could even put his things in his bag. Sighing heavily to himself, Mark made his way to his next class.

Two more days till Thursday…

 

 

Mark doesn’t use his cellphone a lot. Most of the time, its only purpose was when his parents needed to call him to check up. He doesn’t even use it for texting and the only numbers saved in it would be his parents, Jaebum’s, Jaebum’s parents’ and Jinyoung’s.

Jinyoungie

He has been staring at that same name for the past hour trying to figure out if he should call or not. He lies pathetically on his couch as today’s soccer game played on the television, allowing some sense of living in his albeit boring life.

God, he really is pathetic.

It’s only been a few days and he misses Jinyoung already.

Mark finally decided to just throw his whole dignity out of the window and hurriedly pressed the call button with his eyes squeezed shut. He could hear his heartbeat in his ears as he listens to the first ring, hoping patiently that the other would pick up the line.

“Hello? Mark?” Jinyoung finally picked up after four nerve wracking rings.

“H-hey Jinyoung,” Mark sat up on the couch nervously. Now that he has Jinyoung on the other line, he has no idea what to say anymore.

“What’s up?” Jinyoung asked and Mark realized that maybe the other was doing something important right now. Maybe he’s doing his homework or something school related. Things Mark should be doing as well, but instead spending it towards his love life.

“I…” Mark took a deep breath. “Hey, do you wanna hangout on Wednesday? Not off-campus! Just the library. You know. Just to study and stuff.”

The line was silent for a few seconds and Mark was very close to sure that Jinyoung would refuse this time. “Alright, I’m in. I’m planning to go to the library myself. Thanks for inviting me.”

“No problem. So I’ll see you then?”

“Yeah, see you.”

 

 

“This is boring!” Jinyoung whined as he slammed his book shut. Mark eyed him funnily as he looked at his study buddy across the table. It has only been an hour since they’ve arrived in the library and Mark might’ve spent a lot of his time trying to sneak a glance every now and then.

“Didn’t you plan to go to the library anyway before I even asked?” Mark stared as Jinyoung looked at him in reproach.

“Yeah, well.” Jinyoung grumbled. “I keep telling myself that, but I’m very lazy when it comes to studying.”

“All the more reason for us to stay at the library.” Mark concluded. “The two of us need a motivator and obviously that’s not you, so…”

“Hey!” Jinyoung protested, trying as much as possible to lower his voice down to not disturb the other students. “I’ll have you know that I’m always at the top of my class consistently and that’s done without me studying much. Do you want me to show you my medals?”

“I believe you.” Mark assured the other. “But do we have any other choice? I don’t know what else we can do today aside from studying.” He really has no idea what to do, but the twinkle in Jinyoung’s eyes suggested otherwise.

And Mark knows he can never say no to Jinyoung.

 

 

“Oh my God, you’re rich!” Jinyoung gasped when he entered Mark’s apartment. “Now I totally understand why you’re not staying at the student’s dorm. Your living room is larger than my bedroom plus the bathroom!”

“Ah, please don’t mind that.” Mark said with an embarrassed tinge on his cheeks. “My parents are rich. Not me.”

Jinyoung nodded. Despite Mark telling him to make himself at home, he still stood awkwardly in the living room, not knowing which chair he should sit onto. “I’m sorry. We should’ve stayed at the library. Now I don’t know how to act around you anymore.”

“Hey, don’t say that. I’m still me.” Mark tried to lead Jinyoung to the DVD rack. “Besides, you’re the one who suggested that we watch a movie. So come on, we’ll watch whatever you choose.”

Jinyoung nodded once again and finally made a move to pick his choice of film. Mark meanwhile dashed towards the kitchen with the sole purpose of preparing snacks for the two of them. That was the only time that he realized that he and Jinyoung are the only ones in his apartment.

Him and Jinyoung.

Alone.

In his apartment.

Holy crap.

Bless him.

“I’ve got popcorn.” Mark announced when he entered the living room once again. Jinyoung was already sitting on the couch waiting for him with a smile and Mark shivered a little because his brain is thinking a lot of very wrong things right now that he keeps censoring himself.

“Nice!” Jinyoung then showed Mark the DVD in his hands. “Look at what I picked!” Mark almost groaned as he looked at it. It was a romantic comedy which Jaebum has given him on his last birthday as a prank. He had never watched it and he never planned to, but since Jinyoung picked it, well let’s just say it’s now at the top of Mark Tuan’s favorite movies of all time.

 

“I know it’s lame.” Jinyoung mentioned as the movie approached its ending. Mark tried to ignore the fact that the male protagonist was chasing the female lead to the airport. “Usually it’s these kinds of things that us, Lit majors, frown about. But I can’t help it. Romantic clichés are clichés for a reason and these are the moments that make your heartbeat fast and makes you believe that although we believe in a mostly cruel world, love can still win in the end. It makes you feel invincible even for just a split second.”

Jinyoung turns to him and Mark finds something unreadable between the twinkles in his eyes. “Sometimes, I wish I could have a one great love story too.” Jinyoung continued with a chuckle. “You know, to have someone chase me through the airport or someone who can declare their love for me in front of everyone or a kiss under the rain. Just someone who can do a grand gesture for me.” They stared at each other for a few seconds. “I’m sorry. I’m starting to show my hopeless romantic side, aren’t I?” Jinyoung turns away and looked back at the television.

From his peripheral, Mark knew that the movie was coming to its finale as the main protagonist finally met up and was already kissing as the camera pans out. However, he hardly cares about it anymore as he continued to watch Jinyoung and the way small teardrops started to trail down his cheeks. It warmed up Mark’s heart as he realized how much he wanted to do anything for this guy in front of him. He wants to be that someone that Jinyoung has mentioned earlier; to do all the grand gestures in the world for him.

He wants to be Park Jinyoung’s one great love.

Swallowing all the nerves down his throat, Mark starts to reach out for Jinyoung’s hand. “Jinyoung, I…”

“Bow down before me as the greatest person in the world enters!” Jaebum’s voice resonated around the apartment causing him and Jinyoung to jump away from each other.

“What the hell, Im Jaebum!” Mark clutched his chest as the initial surprise still hasn’t left him. “You scared the crap out of me!”

“Oops,” Jaebum snickered. “Oh, Jinyoung. You’re here?” His best friend unceremoniously joined them in the living room and started eating the rest of the popcorn. “I was bored. I’m gonna hang out here.”

“I should leave.” Jinyoung says picking up his bag. “It was great seeing you, Jaebum. Thanks for the movie, Mark.”

Jinyoung was almost at the door, when a couch pillow was thrown at Mark, courtesy of Jaebum. Mark watches his best friend as he was hurriedly gesturing him to follow Jinyoung.

“Wait, Jinyoung!” Mark called out, wearing his shoes as quickly as possible. “Let me walk you back to the dorms.”

 

 


“Isn’t Jaebum gonna be mad?” Jinyoung says after a few moments of silence. “I mean, he came to hang out with you and here I am, taking again your time.”

Mark shrugged. “Jaebum? Nah, he’ll be fine.”

“So he’s not the jealous type then.” Jinyoung concluded quietly.

Mark thought about it. In his almost ten years of friendship with Jaebum, his best friend hasn’t really been a possessive one. “I guess so. I haven’t really thought about it, but I’m pretty sure he’s happy as long as you leave him somewhere with lots of food.

“I see.” Jinyoung replied and the both of them stayed silent once again.

This gave time for Mark to think about what happened back in the apartment. He was pretty sure that something would have happened if Jaebum had not interrupted. He wondered if he tries to reach out for Jinyoung’s hand once again, would it still work or has the atmosphere already been ruined?

“We’re here.” Jinyoung announced as they reached the dorm entrance. There were just one or two students hanging out at the common area, perhaps most are outside enjoying their own rest days.

“Okay,” Mark said as they looked at each other. He really doesn’t want to go home yet, and he’s about 75% sure Jinyoung is thinking the same thing. Well, at least he hoped, especially seeing the way Jinyoung’s eyes twinkle once again. “Jinyoung about what you’re saying earlier…”

But whatever he was about to say was cut off when Jinyoung softly presses his lips against his and suddenly everything in Mark Tuan’s life fit into its right places. It was definitely more than what he was expecting his first kiss to be. Yes. There wasn’t any fireworks in his heart. Instead it felt like an atomic bomb, smashing and disintegrating all the feelings that he had into a million pieces, which with every gentle press of Jinyoung’s lips build them up once more.

“Jinyoung.” Mark breathes when they pulled away briefly for air. Their lips are just a sliver away from one another, and Mark reached out a hand on Jinyoung’s cheek to pull him back for a more deeper kiss, but Jinyoung’s hand on his chest lightly pushed him back.

Mark looked at him expectantly as the undeniable red tint painted on Jinyoung’s cheeks and he knew how nervous the other one was with the way he was chewing his bottom lip. Apparently Park Jinyoung still has no idea how that look was driving Mark crazy at the moment. Or maybe he did.

“I… I have to go.” Jinyoung stuttered out of breath as he ran back inside the dorms, leaving a still dazed Mark outside.

Jinyoung might have left him earlier than what he expected, but the silly wide smile on Mark’s face was plastered all through the day.

Jaebum might have puked a little when he saw.

 

 

Mark already has Jinyoung’s seat reserved when he arrived to class the following morning. He had to admit, he’s been feeling a mixture of insanity, excitement, happiness and nervousness as he waited for the other. Not to mention he hadn’t gotten any sleep the night before.

But he knew they have to talk it over. At least if they want to take it to the next level.

To his luck however, Jinyoung did not arrive on time once again and was again forced to sit in the front area of the class. Despite being distracted the whole period, Mark tried to calm his nerves as he desperately counted the seconds before the bell rang and when it did, he nearly tripped over himself as he attempted to approach Jinyoung.

Only, Park Jinyoung was way faster than him.

Mark watches in disbelief as flocks of students crowded the hallway with Jinyoung getting lost in it. He tried to follow Jinyoung’s usual direction for his next class to no avail. He felt a little bit confused as he attempted to convince himself that nothing is wrong.

 

Something is wrong.

Mark yet again attempted to contact Jinyoung during lunch break, but all he got was his voicemail. If this is any other day, Mark would have taken his time squealing upon hearing Jinyoung’s cute voice message, but not this time. He has a feeling Jinyoung was avoiding him.

But he doesn’t know why.

And he definitely cannot wait until Monday to try and talk to him again.

 

 

Friday afternoon and Mark found himself sitting just outside the Liberal Arts building. This is the only place that Mark is sure Jinyoung would be in since his calls had been ignored for the past 24 hours. There’s only one exit in this building and Jinyoung would have to come out eventually right?

Oh damn, he’s starting to be a real stalker.

Thankfully, like clockwork, Jinyoung came out of the building at around four in the afternoon. Mark’s suspicions was finally confirmed when Jinyoung attempted to back away the moment he saw Mark.

“Hey, Jinyoung!” Mark greeted, trying to ignore the clench in his heart when he saw Jinyoung’s expression. “Are you alright?”

 “Yeah,” Jinyoung answered eventually, forcing a smile on his face. “Listen, Mark. I… I have to go to a group meeting right now. See you on Monday?”

Mark could only watch helplessly as Jinyoung ran away from him.

 

 

“Oh God. Get out of my house.” Jaebum was just getting out of his bedroom as he threw his slippers at Mark, who was lying face down at the couch. Mark didn’t care. He’s decided. He’ll just stay here on Jaebum’s couch until he dies. “It’s a beautiful Saturday morning. Stop infecting me with your loser.”

“No it’s not.” Mark mumbled from his position. “It’s raining pretty hard outside. The universe is weeping with me right now.”

“Since when did you become a drama queen, Mark Tuan?” Jaebum said, sitting on the floor beside Mark’s head. “Oh look at the poor baby, getting heartbroken from his first love.”

“I thought we’re okay. Why is he avoiding me?” Mark cried, ignoring Jaebum’s teases.

“Maybe you really at kissing? S U C K?” Jaebum suggested sniggering to himself. “I mean, it’s your first time after all. I wouldn’t blame you to be honest.”

“I don’t . At least I think I don’t.” Mark scowled at Jaebum, before heaving a sad sigh. “I just… I miss him so much.”

“So then what are you doing here whining to me?” Jaebum asked. “I get it, you kissed. You may have on it, but so what? Big deal. Everyone does it on college. Just don’t give up trying to talk to him. He might give you a chance if he really know how screwed up you are for him. God knows I saw the way you two look at each other and I may have fought the urge to throw up a few times. So why are you whining right now, Tuan? This is not the guy who worked for his father’s rival law firm nor the guy I was best friends with since we were ten and absolutely NOT that “someone” who’s about to become Park Jinyoung’s one great love.”

“How did you know…?” Mark sat up and stared at his best friend upon hearing his last words. “Were you eavesdropping that time?”

“Of course I am.” Jaebum smiled a little too proudly of himself. “And my God, Tuan. How did you even graduate valedictorian of our class and not even realizing that that ‘someone’ Jinyoung was talking about was you? Y O U.”

“. , , .” Mark got up. “You’re right. I need to find him.”

“I’ll text you where he is.” Jaebum said and Mark raised an eyebrow. “Don’t look at me like that. I’m just gonna text some people that might have an idea where he is. Jesus. It’s all about networking. If I’m gonna work in your dad’s law firm, I needed to know the right people, don’t I?” Jaebum elaborated, because to be frank Mark was starting to think that his best friend is really doing something illegal.

“,” Mark says as he laughed out nervously. “Thanks. I owe you, man.” He called out as he was already out of Jaebum’s apartment in a blink of an eye.

 

“Don’t forget your umbrella!” Jaebum shouted out after him, knowing it was useless. “Well look at him running under the rain. I’m not gonna take care of him if he gets sick.” He whispered to himself as he texted people in his phone.

 

 

Mark was soaked to the bones as he was running to the student dorms. Jaebum has texted him that Jinyoung was already on his way home from the bookstore. His best friend was right as the familiar figure of Jinyoung arrived just before him in the entrance. Mark hurriedly ran as Jinyoung was still busy closing off his umbrella and putting it on the rack by the entrance.

“Jinyoung!” Mark called out, but his voice was entirely drowned out by the sound of the rain. “Park Jinyoung!” He shouted out, but Jinyoung nonchalantly made his way inside the dorms unaware of the presence behind him.

Using what was left of his energy, Mark dashed inside the building, not caring anymore that his dripping wet on the tiles nor caring about the crowd of students gathered outside trying to avoid the heavy rain.

He sees Jinyoung almost approaching the stairs leading to the rooms and Mark knew it was now or never.

“PARK JINYOUNG!”

His voice echoed all over the lobby and everyone’s eyes were now on him, including Jinyoung’s. Mark could feel himself shivering because of the cold, but he knew to himself that he could never miss this chance anymore. Jinyoung looked surprised and Mark has no idea if it’s because he was shouting his name in the middle of the crowd or because of Mark’s drenched appearance or maybe both. But Mark was looking into Jinyoung’s eyes and he knew that he has his undivided attention.

“PARK JINYOUNG. I’M IN LOVE WITH YOU!”

A chorus of gasp was heard from the crowd and maybe some wolf whistling here and there, but the silence that followed was the most nerve wracking. However, it was not enough to crumble Mark’s resolve, because Jinyoung was not running away. He was there watching Mark as he declared his love for him.

“I don’t know what happened!” Mark continues. His voice getting a bit hoarse. “And I don’t know if you want to be with me! But just hear me out, okay?! I’m in love with you, Park Jinyoung! I think I’ve always been from the first time that we met! And I miss you so much! I didn’t know what happened and I didn’t know what I did wrong, but please give me a chance to explain myself! Because you’re the first person I’ve wanted to spend the rest of my life with and I’m not gonna let my stupidity keep me from being with you! Because I want to be your one great love, Park Jinyoung! I want to be your Prince! Because everything starts with you!”

Jinyoung was red all over his face when he ran to Mark and pulled him from the swooning crowd. The cheering of the other students followed them the rest of the way and Mark’s pretty sure he saw a couple of people filming his confession in their phones.

Something tells him that Jaebum will definitely inform him if that thing goes viral.

 

Jinyoung was still quiet when they entered his room and Mark wasn’t sure if the other was aware that they’ve been holding hands since coming from the lobby. Oh well, as if he has any problem with it. As long as he gets to hold Jinyoung’s hand.

“I wasn’t kidding about what I said earlier, Jinyoung-ah.” Mark said quietly, watching Jinyoung still looking down on the floor. “I really am in love—…”

“What about Jaebum?” Jinyoung whispered that Mark almost missed it.

Mark furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. “What about Jaebum?” With his free hand, he reaches out for Jinyoung’s warm cheek to make sure he could see his eyes. There was a look of hope in them, and at the same time, hurt. Pain that Mark wants to get rid of, because Jinyoung deserves all the happiness in the world.

“Aren’t you guys dating?” Jinyoung’s voice cracked as a tear falls down his cheek. “Mark, I’m pretty sure you already know I feel the same way for you too, but I’m not gonna try and ruin a relationship because of it. I tried. I tried so hard so much to fight what I was feeling, but every time I see you, I lose all my sense of judgement. I can’t keep myself away from you and then the kiss happened. I’m just sorry. I’m so sorry. I’m in love with you too, but not like this. We can’t do it like this. I don’t want to hurt someone else.”

“You think Jaebum and I...?” And then Mark started to laugh heartily, because of the mixture of the absurdity of this misunderstanding, of the rush of relief in his chest and of the feeling of falling more in love with this person with him right now. “Park Jinyoung, did you think that Jaebum and I are dating?!”

“Why, yes of course!” Jinyoung said defiantly, maybe a little offended that Mark was laughing at his face right now. “You guys were so close when we went out last time and he has the key to your apartment! If that doesn’t spell out dating…” He was cut off when Mark was already pulling him for a tight hug.

“Oh my God. You’re so adorable.” Mark said burying his nose into Jinyoung’s neck. “Jaebum and I are just best friends. And the closeness that you saw was the friendship that was built by crap loads of curses and feet smelling from time to time. Definitely miles away from what I’m feeling for you, Jinyoung-ah.”

“,” Jinyoung mumbled as he clutched Mark’s wet shirt tightly. “I’m so embarrassed. I wanna die.”

“Nope. You can’t” Mark says as he pulled away. “You have to make up for those times that you avoided me. How could you do that when I was obviously pining over you? You had me thinking my kissing or something.”

“I didn’t know, alright? And I love your kiss, by the way.” A shy smile was already making its way on his face. “I was hoping you’d like me, but I was feeling guilty at the same time because of Jaebum. Seems like there really wasn’t anything to worry about.”

“That’s right.” Mark says as he held Jinyoung’s face with both of his hands. “Now how about showing me that smile that I fell for.” His heart skipped a bit when he felt Jinyoung’s cheeks become warmer. And there it was the smile which now contained a lot of happiness and love. Mark couldn’t help but closing in their distance breathing in the feeling of kissing Jinyoung once again.

Mark was about to push Jinyoung into the wall when the latter pulled away, breathless. “Mark,” Jinyoung whimpered as Mark’s hand already made its way into his shirt, drawing small circles on the small of his back. “God, you make it so hard to stop.” He groans as Mark was leaving small bites on his neck.

“Then don’t.”

“No, take a shower first. You’ll get sick.” Jinyoung pulled away reluctantly heading to his dresser and pulling out a spare towel and extra clothes. “Come on, we’ll continue once you’re done. I promise. I just don’t want spending our first few days as a couple feeding you chicken soup while you cough and sneeze all over.”

“Fine,” Mark felt a bit dejected while Jinyoung pushed him a bit forcefully into the bathroom. So as revenge, he began taking off his clothes with his back on Jinyoung before entering.

“What the hell are you doing?!” Jinyoung screamed throwing a pillow on a now boxer-clad Mark. “Don’t think you could seduce me with your body, Mr. Tuan!”

Mark sniggered with his head poking out of the bathroom door. “I like it when you call me, Mr. Tuan. Kind of right now. Do you want to join me?” His face was met with another pillow throw from Jinyoung.

 

 

“Hey, thanks for what you did earlier,” Jinyoung says much later as he cuddled closer to Mark. Their legs both on a tangled mess. “It must’ve been embarrassing for you to do that.”

“I actually didn’t feel nervous at all despite the crowd.” Mark laughed to himself a bit. “I’m just looking at you and thinking, , I really love this guy.”

“Very cheesy,” But Jinyoung still pressed a peck on Mark’s cheek. “But I love it. Saying you love me in front of everyone. You even ran under the rain.”

“Yeah, that totally ticks the check box on the grand gesture bucket list, huh?” Mark turned to him and ran his hand through Jinyoung’s hair, looking into each other’s eyes. “I love you so much.”

“Me too.” Jinyoung whispered back leaning in for a kiss. “I love you too, my Prince.”

 

 

 

 

A few months down the road…

 

“Hey, remember first day of Philosophy class?” Mid-term exams are finally over and while everyone was out and about celebrating it on this beautiful Friday night (Jaebum might have invited them for at least three parties and it’s only ten pm.), they just decided to stay in and probably enjoy each other’s company without any college induced stress.

“How can I forget?” Jinyoung says putting down the book (webtoon) he was reading. They were in Mark’s bedroom and they agreed to get some much needed sleep after maybe heavy cuddling. However, with the way Jinyoung was looking at him right now, that maybe out of the window.

“You stepped on my shoe.” Mark says casually, already adjusting his position beside Jinyoung.

“I what? Which shoe?” Jinyoung sat up looking down at him and Mark finally realized that his boyfriend did not even know what happened.

“The white chucks.” Mark replied. “It’s on the shoe rack. I don’t wear it much, but you can still see your shoe print on it.”

“I didn’t know.” Jinyoung said with an apologetic smile. “I’m sorry. I was so busy staring at you that time I wasn’t even aware what I was doing. You’re so handsome.”

“Oh?” Mark’s smirk widened especially now that Jinyoung was slowly climbing onto him, straddling his hips. “So I distracted you?”

“Yeah, very much.” Jinyoung was already loosening the drawstrings of Mark’s sweatpants. “I’m really sorry though. I really didn’t know about that.” Jinyoung leaned down to place a soft kiss on Mark’s inviting lips before pulling back. “How about I make it up to you? All night?” His hand makes his way into Mark’s boxers gently him.

Mark groaned enjoying the feeling of Jinyoung’s touch. “Please do.”

 


 

a/n:

There we go!

Thank you for reading!

Oh, and by the way, I have two new ideas for another series of one shots in this au.

I got so inspired by MarkJin's got2day. You know, the "Hello?" part when Mark was talking to Jinyoung's tummy. Isn't that cute?

So yes, there might be another surprise coming the Park-Tuan family in the next oneshots. (and how they will make the new baby bean(s) hahahahahahahaha! /hidesunderarock)

Anyway, that's all. Have a nice day!