001. hair (Mino)

A Strand of Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note 1: First Suhyun x Mino I wrote.
Note 2: Tell me whatchu think?


001. Hair
characters: Suhyun, Mino, (Bobby)
genre: angst(?!?), drama
word count; 1226
 

For as long as Lee Suhyun could remember, the midnight tresses that cascaded her down her back was something to be cared for and be proud of. Her mother had always allowed her to grow it down her waist, gushing about its natural sheen and how one’s fingers could easily glide through its smooth length. Through the tough years of adolescence, undergoing changes and experiencing emotional turmoils, she naturally became a victim of insecurities planted deep by her prettier peers, whether it is to do with having to have a curvier body, bigger eyes and smaller faces. But even then, the girl who at some point buckled under pressure and sought those appealing attributes too, still was able to be proud to have something they didn’t, her natural, silken locks.

Yes, Suhyun cherished her hair a lot and was used to be showered by compliments about its beauty. But it all never mattered until she met him.

Her first love, Kim Jiwon.

The yellow light from the lamp filled the room with a soft glow, casting eerie shadows along the pristine walls. But even the light couldn’t chase away the permanent coldness the walls seem to emanate.

Sulking over it is useless by now, so she pushed those thoughts aside and sat in her glamorous vanity table. On its ivory surface sat many bottles of sweet-smelling perfumes and flower-scented lotions. They were expensive too and rare enough for any girl to be jealous. Too bad it meant nothing for her. Nothing on the table nor the princess vanity dresser itself meant anything.

It only reminded her how miserable she was.

As she began brushing her hair, she saw his reflection stride across the room from the corner of her eye. Suhyun tried her best to ignore his presence, even as he shook off his perfectly-ironed suit jacket and flung it across the bed, even as he undone a button from his collar with a pop. His thick brows were knitted in a displeased way, his mouth a tight line.

Just the sight of his peeved state already scared her.

It didn’t take long until her fiancée of six months eventually opened his mouth. What came out, she already braced herself for.

As he fired away, his suspicions and doubts of her loyalty to him bouncing off the walls, she cringed.

She could not help it this time, he should’ve warned her a certain someone was going to be at Kim Jennie’s gala dinner!

“I just… I just can’t with this Suhyun…” He gritted his teeth, a hand through his gelled back hair.

Truthfully it stabbed her to see him this way. It’s not like she intended to hurt him with her foolishness.

“Mino oppa…I’m sorry.” She squeaked out, her porcelain brush now on the table.

“Is this all I’m ever going to get from you? ing apologies?” The volume he projected already died down with exasperation. It worsen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter