Final.

Dramatic Kicks

The deal with soulmates was that they were literary painful. They were there, you could feel them, know they’re somewhere around this wide world but not through something vaguely more peaceful and nice, like sensing their feelings, or having marks appear on one’s skin to match his or her soulmate’s, but rather through pain, simple and undulated pain. And that was, in Yoongi’s sincere opinion, really dumb and completely unnecessary.

From his parents he heard fairy tales about only feeling when they scraped their knees, or when his father could feel the moment when his mother broke a fingernail or when she accidently burnt the skin under her ear with a curling iron. The curling iron story becoming a staple in their household seeing how that’s how his father’s attention was brought to the cute little girl who was sitting all by herself at the cafe, rubbing irritably at the burn underneath her ear and he could feel small slivers of pain as well. Once they locked gazes that was it, the spark flew and they have been together ever since. The story was really pretty and romantic, he thought so as well, and he wanted to feel just that, a bit of pain on his fingers or a slight burn. But no, the universe decided to bestow the ever lazy and with a tendency to move very little (therefore a tendency to not really harm himself) Min Yoongi with the world’s most clumsy soulmate.

“I think he wants to kill me today.” he said to his friends one day as they were all gathered in front of the TV, the two younger sitting on the floor to play on the console as he took a place on the old but comfortable couch. His day didn’t really consist in doing much, just going to his lectures and seminars, feeling like he was being pulled apart and stitched back together due to the fact that it seemed like his soulmate was up to some strenuous activity at the very early hours of the morning, then going to the pain of his knees hurting (again) later into the day. Safe to say, he was not in a good mood.

His youngest friend, Jungkook, laughed at his misery and Yoongi felt the need to slap his over the head (not very hard because Yoongi minded whomever was Jungkook’s soulmate) however, the elder was too lazy to move, so he reduced his efforts to flipping the bird in the boy’s general direction.

“Maybe he is some sort of wrestling player. Caged fights.” Hoseok piped up from his spot on the floor, also grinning as high as his ears in amusement. He could laugh, the , considering that apparently his soulmate wasn’t really prone of hits or cuts, most he has had were elbows hurting and the back of his head.

“Ha ha-” was his dry response, rolling his eyes in annoyance. “Though- might be, he seems to be falling into his knees a lot.”

“Or maybe he is into some D/S stuff-” Hoseok pointed out.

“You can also shut up.”

Jungkook was laughing still, now hard enough for him to roll on the floor holding his belly as loud cackles left his mouth. Oh how much Yoongi wanted in that very moment for the kid’s soulmate to be nice enough to stub his toes again. Not up his luck- but pretty close, because in his (extra) rolling on the floor Jungkook managed to knock his head against the coffee table. Though being sort of sorry for the person on the other end of Jungkook’s stupidness, Yoongi still laughed. The truth was, he was no better than his friends when it came to finding distress amusing.

 

疼痛

Yoongi considered that his soulmate might be into professional or non-professional fighting because who the hell hurts himself so much? Well apparently a lot of people on this planet. But he was quite worried, not for himself (unusual) but for the poor guy. He kept thinking that his soulmate was a guy, apparently this soulmate business was concerned with preferences as well, but he had no proof. However he was sure on one thing, if he or she put up with this kind of pain willingly, they were mental.

He had considered for a while that his soulmate is a bit older than him and was now training in the army, hence the weird pains. But when the pain extended after the normal time when a guy should be in the army he had nothing to work with concerning that theory. All he was left with was the possibility of his soulmate to be into some type of strenuous activity which Yoongi did not really understand or could define.

His friend and especially his parents had always told him not to look for love, to just let love come to him naturally, that things took a while on purpose, that nature would bring them together eventually when they were both ready for each other. But no matter how many times he was reminded that the world had its ways, he still refused to let his life be handled by the hands of “fate” as many called it. He was perfectly capable to look for basically thin air by himself, and if said “fate” just deposited his perfect one in his hands one day he’d be more than pleased, but until then, he would not just wait.

“He’ll appear one day hyung- “ Hoseok gently reminded him as they were both sitting at the University’s cafeteria together, the elder of the two seeming lost in his own thoughts. Sometimes, he found it hard to accept the fact his best friend could be such an optimist, and without any reason, seeing as the pains he was feeling over his body were always minor and not pointing towards anything at all. However, he was still smiling and professing Yoongi about the magical ways of fate. As a general note, Yoongi sometimes wanted to punch the happy back into his face. But in the same time he was glad for a friend like Hoseok, especially during the times when he started to think that meeting his soulmate would be an impossible feat or he will be very old when that will happen. Hoseok, unlike Jungkook who tended to fall into the same depressed state, somehow always managed to make them believe again, even if it seemed hard to believe.

(Sometime Yoongi wished that Hoseok would find his soulmate first from their little bunch, he was the most deserving of that indefinite joy).

Maybe that saying about the fate of one’s soulmate appearance when he or she is ready is not that bad after all.

The only problem was with all this theory that Yoongi felt like he was more than ready at that very moment to receive his soulmate into his life. He also supposed that fate was a bit of a that took no commentaries from no one. Because she did whatever it wanted.

And Yoongi had never liked being pushed and stirred in random directions.

 

疼痛

Another thing Yoongi had wished upon a star one night was for Hoseok to understand the sensible art of not screaming when he was randomly excited for something. However, his prayers went apparently to Pluto and back. No matter what it was, either a grade, being placed in the same composition class in the beginning of the semester or a pretty girl that gave him her time of the day, when he decided it was the right time to inform his “beloved” best friend (read Yoongi) about that whatever experience he had gone through. Yoongi could much rather be convinced that raptors had learnt Korean and knew his name.

Though being used to it by now, after over 6 years of friendship with the younger man, Yoongi was still slightly startled when Hoseok collided to him, wrapping his (longer) arms around him and started to shake him well as if salt and pepper would come out of him. By the state of the hug and the pitch of the screams it was safe to say Hoseok was happy about something, said something he probably shouted already as Yoongi was collecting his murderous tendencies.

“-” He grunted out, trying to find a way to wiggle himself out of the hold with both arms and neck intact. “Gotta- breath-”

That seemed awfully effective seeing that not only did Hoseok let him breath but he was also apologizing for the outburst. (That was the most sensitive and apologetic for his “explosive” affection he has been in almost two years, sign that even he knew it was a bit too much.)

“But hyung I got great news!” He announced, bouncing back as if he had not just threatened Yoongi’s life, his sunshine grin up and almost blinding as he still hand onto his friend’s hands as if afraid Yoongi would bold. (Which he had considered)

“Can I hear them as we walk to the class?”

Hoseok nodded his head, tugging on his hand and pushing him into motion suddenly, almost managing to knock the smaller guy over in his excitement. Taking a deep sigh, Yoongi turned his full attention towards the man, seeing as Hoseok was running on already very little patience for him to stop being annoyed and let him talk. As they settled into “their” desk, sitting as comfortably as one could on college chairs; Yoongi took notice that it was pretty early so they had plenty of time. He wasn’t such a cruel man afterwards.

“So- what’s so amazing?”

That was it that was signal enough for Hoseok to take the elder man’s hands in his and wiggle them around in excitement .
“Namjoon! He found him!” He exclaimed (shouted), looking more excited and gleeful than a child on the Christmas morning.

No matter how cute and scary Hoseok was, Yoongi belatedly realised that he was staring blankly at his best friend who was probably waiting for his reactions at the news, only because he did not understand what the hell did Hoseok mean by that.

“What-?” He asked intelligently, looking at the younger through narrowed eyes.

“Namjoon! He found his soulmate!” Hoseok clarified, still shaking Yoongi’s arm in his bubbling excitement.

And like- wow.Yoongi’s eyes widened to the side of saucers when he heard that because really- wow, that was unexpected. None of them expected Namjoon to be the first one of their bunch to find his soulmate. He had very little clues pointing at whom he or she might be, only a few scrapes on his hands and arms and from time to time perhaps some cases of burns on his fingers, but otherwise, mostly nothing. He supposed, in hindsight that it was probably Namjoon, their forever clumsy and destructive friend that was giving the clues to his soulmate. (Though hurting everywhere and at very random times could only link the man’s soulmate towards the truthful fact that his perfect match was an absolute klutz)

“But how-?” The elder questioned, now intrigued. It seemed to appease Hoseok, who always liked knowing stuff and being able to share it with the people who did not know the same stuff as he did. Not to mention the fact that he was rejoicing for fully captivating Yoongi’s attention.

Hoseok cleared his throat.

“Apparently it was quite odd ya know- some cafe, he said.” The man started, leaning back on his chair. “I thought he was weird too. Like, he was taking his coffee and mine to go, for our first class ya know- and like, he drops them? I think he knocked his foot against something or they were too hot I don’t know- Well, you know how he is.” Yoongi knew very well how Namjoon was so he just nodded along. “And he drops them over his feet and well burns himself and from the other side of the cafe comes a guy, tall, quite handsome and just, tells him that he should take better care of himself and that it burnt quite badly.” By now Hoseok was gesticulating widely and Yoongi was really afraid of not being knocked over. “Namjoon looks at him and well! Magic! They just knew. With one look!”

Yoongi was told before, how it feels to find your one and true love, that you just know the moment your eyes meet theirs. He thought about all the people he looked in the eye and none-...none was his.

But still, he was happy for his friend, nodding his head to Hoseok’s words as he smiled softly, not even realizing that he is doing so. “That’s what they all say- my parents too- that it is like magic; that you just feel that’s the right person.” Yoongi agreed, starting to unpack his things, placing a stack of papers on the desk alongside his pen which had the absolute audacity to roll away on the surface and land on the floor, making the young man sneer at it like it personally offended him.

“Yeah- that’s what they told me too…”

He heard his friend sigh in the background as he bended down to retrieve said pen, managing to get to it before it rolled into the abyss but somehow, for once being too large and too clumsy for life, knocked the back of his head against the top of the desk, the impact enough to get him a bit dizzy. “Aish-!” He yelped in pain, the pen still clutched in his hand as he rubbed his head.

“You okay there?”

He was. However, he was sorry for his soulmate for once, probably that didn’t feel very well at the other end of the connection.

“Yeah yeah-”

 

疼痛

Hoseok greets Namjoon with so much excitement and joy that it seems like either did the younger man get married or managed to escape a life threatening event. And does not greet Jungkook at all, because- well.

Namjoon was the one that suggested going out for drinks to celebrate him finding his one and true love and all three of them were more than pleased to agree. They were all happy for their friend, but also free drinks, which is a very important factor for every college student. It was a good evening too, warm but not extremely so, all of them tired but in a good mood anyway.

Yoongi for one, believe that seeing Namjoon like that, basically glowing with glee as he was talking about his soulmate was one of the most beautiful and uplifting things he had ever seen in his life. It didn’t even matter what were his circumstances at that moment, his friend’s happiness somehow transferring to him. He’d never admit it to any of his friends of course, he had a reputation to keep, but that didn’t keep the light smile off his features for even a second or two. Which was strangely rare.

At one point the discussion drifted from the one of soulmates to more current matters, to school and work and in the case of their younger friend his dance course and showcase,

“The showcase is not even a week from now and is hectic as .” Jungkook complained, draping himself almost completely over Yoongi, making the elder curse himself off for having such a huge ing soft spot for the cute teen. “And my hyung today- why is he even a hyung, he’s so childish always- he messes up the last run over today, figuring he had a random killer headache coming out of nowhere”

“Aish aish our poor Jungkookie~” He heard Hoseok coo over the troubles of their younger friend. “It’s okay, these things happen, who knows- maybe his soulmate was having a migraine or something.”

If he was honest, Yoongi wasn’t really listening, tuning them of for some time, thinking about his own soulmate. He had frequent migraines and he wondered how his soulmate was taking them. Hopefully the ibuprofen he was usually taking helped fast enough on the other end of the connection as well.

However, even if not principally paying attention to them, Yoongi could still hear Jungkook arguing over the fact that no one should let the random pains coming from their soulmate interrupt them from their work and focus, only to interrupt himself when right at the moment of the maximum argumentative heat he felt the pain of a paper cut in the middle of his thumb, making him lose all focus and yelp at the feeling, making both Namjoon and Hoseok burst out in laughter.

‘That’s what you get if you make fun of others.’ Yoongi thought, watching the others with an amused grin of his own.

 

疼痛

Jungkook asked them to dress up nicely and not act like idiots and embarrass him in front of his teachers and friends and they tried their best truthfully. They were mostly successful on the dressing part of the deal, the second one...not so much.

Namjoon’s car was the smallest one in the existence of cars generally, and trying to fit four grown adults (some that decided to grow too much and some (one) that decided that looking like a middle school kid was okay) inside of it was a tight fit. It was much easier to get inside of the wheeled death contraption then to get out of it, taking into account that Namjoon was not the most coordinated being in the universe and his stumbling got Yoongi stumbling as well and both of them crashing unceremoniously on the pavement in front of the Art Center as Jungkook was watching them, looking as if he was considering murder. (Yoongi could understand him.)

After a bit of ruckus and bumbling around they were finally done and in a semi-good state of things to go inside and actually wish Jungkook the best of luck with his performance, their time to chat limited by a college of the young dancer, Donghyuk, who came to inform that someone called Jimin was asking for the freeze aerosol spray because it seemed like a strange pain on his ankle appeared.

It was a strange momentary reaction after Jungkook left with his friend, Yoongi’s eyes widening as he considered it and Namjoon’s, Hoseok’s and Seokjin’s (Namjoon’s newly invited everywhere they went soulmate) looks turning towards him. He was the one that just complained that he had knocked his shin against the car door as they were crashing down. And now a kid, someone in Jungkook’s circle of friends was accusing a similar, unexpected pain in the same time.
“Do you think that-...” Namjoon started, placing a large hand over his older friend’s shoulder, something meant to be comforting, but Yoongi was already confused and didn’t know what to make of it.

“Don’t jinx it.”

It could be a complete coincidence of course, those were possible and Yoongi didn’t want to have too much hope in “fate” but still- the possibility remained and perhaps for once in his life he will let fate take the wheel. It brought him close enough to question the chance of meeting his one and only right that very evening, it couldn’t be that bad.

“Don’t jinx it yourself.”

He will try not to, he decided as he settled down on his chair beside Hoseok, impatience burning in his gut as he was waiting for the show to begin. It was visible, it seemed, as his best friend offered his hand to hold, letting Yoongi play with his fingers as they waited. He had always believed he will be would be completely composed and calm when the possibility would arise for him, but at that very moment, faced with hope, he was feeling anything but that.

 

疼痛

He didn’t know what he expected, what he believed he would be his reaction not even 15 minutes before, but at that moment, looking transfixed at the cutest and most flexible boy he had ever seen in entire life, feeling within him ever strain of his muscles and every roll on the floor he was just overwhelmed.

That boy was his. His boy that he had been (secretly) wishing to meet since the moment his mother had explained to him what his soulmates were. There was no doubt about it then, it was clear as day to him despite not having a very powerful reaction, or seeing each other face to face. Jimin, because that was the boy’s name, probably had no idea what was going on, or better said what was going to be going on, but he was grinning brightly at the audience as they finished their routines, holding onto Jongkook’s shoulder and bouncing up like a little kid, and Yoongi was at loss of words.

Distantly, he heard Hoseok laughing softly and telling Namjoon that they should go ‘congratulate’ the dancing crew after their show, saying that probably should carry their eldest friend there, seeing as he was staring into the nothingness for a few minutes then.

Yoongi wanted to snap at him, to tell him that even though he wasn’t using his brain sometimes, that doesn’t mean others didn’t, but he was cut short when the man in question grabbed his hand, dragging him joyfully towards the backstage.

Yoongi’s brain short-circuited, realizing it is very soon that he was going to meet his soulmate face to face and he had nothing prepared to say. What should he say? That he had been looking for him forever, but that sounded cliché and alike to bad romance drama and he was not about that life. Maybe that he was so cute it made him feel flutters in his heart so bad that he thought he was going to vomit right there and then. That was both cliché and a bit disgusting. That his was perfectly shaped like the peach emoticon and that was all types of great? ert.

The logical part of his brain decided upon the simple ‘Your performance was great and I enjoyed it a lot, by the way my name is Min Yoongi.’ and just let the magic of soulmates do its thing. Sounded good, it made him seem mature and composed (exactly what he wasn’t) and attractive (he was glad that Jungkook made them dress up nicely that night), so he was confident he could knock Jimin off his feet.

Surely he could do it.

 

疼痛

Exactly because it was the most natural thing to do and say, that was exactly why it couldn’t just happen like that.

Hoseok, as he said he will, dragged them all backstage to congratulate Jungkook and his friends for a show well done and obviously pushing Yoongi towards talking to the cute boy in tight red pants who was bust wiping the sweat off his face with a towel, talking with some other guy.

Taking a deep breath, he gathered his powers and wits and tapped the dancer on his shoulder to get his attention.

And when he turned the carefully laboured phrase that Yoongi had prepared went right out the metaphorical window because wow- did the boy look even better up close. He had a sweet face, his features were elegant yet boyish, his smile was bright and was reaching his pretty eyes and his lips- his lips were a work of some sort of god because with just one look, the elder already wanted to kiss him. Yoongi had never taken a punch in the gut to feel how it feel to have the literally the air knocked out of him, but he supposed the feeling would be similar to how he felt when he first met Park Jimin.

He thought Jimin understood the same things in the same time, or at least he was feeling them because his eyes grew wide in (hopefully pleased) surprise, his lips parting in a gasp. Apparently the one look magic working perfectly good one more time.

“So you’re the one that tries to kill me on a daily basis, Park Jimin.”

- that wasn’t what he was supposed to be saying. It wasn’t so bad, because Jimin was laughing after getting over the initial shock, and Yoongi thought that he had never a more beautiful sound his entire life.

 

 

疼痛

(The truth was that Jimin never tried to actually kill Yoongi and he felt bad when Yoongi finally explained the first thing he ever told to him, never having realized how powerful soulmates could feel each other’s pain.

He admitted to always having believed in fate but still didn’t expect to find his soulmate at such a young age. In hindsight, Yoongi supposed that fate wasn’t such a bad thing. After all, it brought Jimin, Jimin who was sweet and kind and was dancing beautifully and could make Yoongi’s day brighter with just one of his cute smiles.

Their friends said they were an odd pair, one grumpy and with a general lack of energy, the other energetic and joyful at all times but they believed they were the perfect pair, meeting together like two adjoining puzzle pieces.

 

 

(Extra one) 疼痛

It is a week later when Jungkook meets his soulmate too, an English major from a different University and a close friend of Jimin’s. He’s the boy that is apparently prone of paper cuts and stubbing his toes against furniture. He laughs at Jungkook’s star-struck expression when they meet, the younger boy just holding a speech to Jimin about how he was terribly cheesy and he will probably have rotten teeth at the tender age of 20 because of him, and then tackles him into a hug, rendering Jungkook speechless as he holds the boy to his chest.

And Yoongi knows how he feels. But he still laughs.

 

(Extra two) 疼痛

It is one year later when Hoseok meets his soulmate, exactly during the day of Yoongi and Jimin’s anniversary when his best friend drags him to a flower shop, wanting to get something nice to celebrate it. His soulmate is one of the cutest girls he has ever seen, her name is Moonbyul and she shoots Hoseok an impressed look when he tries to be smooth. He apologizes for his attempt at flirting but she retorted that she does not mind. However she mentions that there is an entire shop full of flowers that might aid him in his attempt to swoon her.

Yoongi believes Moonbyul is much cooler than Hoseok will ever be.

 

1) The work is inspired by post aforementioned.
2) Yes that's Moonbyul from Mamamoo.
3) Many thanks to JinanniesWaddling (ao3) for beta-ing~

Please talk to me on tumblr 

Please don't forget to upvote and comment. 

Endless love, Ayden.