Four

When A Bad Boy Falls For The "Nerd"

Your POV

I woke up to the alarm blaring through my ears. I smacked my phone and grabbed it to turn it off. Today was a start to another week, this week was the last week to turn in most of our projects before winter break. Where I live, it doesn't snow which and it doesn't get that cold either. I spent most of last week working with ________ everyday after school to finish our English story. It only took that long because he kept changing dates and times. He blamed it on his dates which is soooo hard to believe. This week, we have to finish our choreography for dance class and work on our Health project. How stressful. I grabbed a granola bar and walked to the bus stop as usual then checked my phone. 

Lina: YOU KNEW HE WAS DATING LISA?!

Emily: AND DIDN'T TELL US?!

Jayden: Are you guys talking to me or....?

Emily: YES YOU JACKASS, YOU KNOW WE ALL HATE HER!

Lina: I feel so betrayed....

Jayden: It wasn't my life to tell.

Me: Wait, what?

Emily: ________ is dating Lisa.

I actually just choked on my granola bar. What the hell?! Let me tell you a little bit about Lisa. She's the most popular delinquent in this school. She doesn't care about her studies, literally s with boys all the time both physically and emotionally. I guess you could say she's like the girl version of him, but you would be wrong because she's not smart or as nice as a friend as him.

Me: Wait, what?

Lina: She's in shock! 

Emily: GET YOUR TOGETHER, THEY WON'T LAST LONG, I PROMISE

Jayden: Hey, she doesn't like him, remember? 

Me: Yeah, I don't. I'm just surprised he would actually date someone like her.

Lina: ....Ohh...of course...

I got on the bus with a sigh. Why didn't he tell me he was dating her? I mean, I wouldn't freak out on him about it, we're just friends. Does he not trust me? 

 

He drove me home like usual, but today, there was a wave of uncomfortable silence that washed over us. Maybe it was just me, but there were no words exchanged throughout the whole car ride. We both headed into my house and put our things on the couch in the living room. I went up to my room to change clothes and came back down with my laptop.

"Alright, you want to work on dance first or health?" I asked, setting the laptop on the coffee table.

"I don't know, I'm actually kind of exhausted from my date yesterday." He yawned.

"Why didn't you tell me you were dating Lisa?" I asked with a frown.

"H-how did you-"

"Jayden."

"Of course, he did."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I repeated.

"I just...didn't want to bother you, I mean you don't care who I date, right?" He asked, scratching his head.

"Not really, but I don't know what you think a friend is. You can talk to me about anything, I'm your friend. I can't believe you would keep that from me." I sighed in annoyance.

"Okay, I'm sorry, are you hungry, by any chance?" He asked.

"Yes." I  plopped down on the couch.

"I'll make you something and we can work on our health project." 

"Fine." 

He made his signature kimchi fried rice that I love so much. He really is a good friend.

"How did you know I was hungry?" I asked him as I ate.

"You get really angry and annoyed when you're hungry." He chuckled.

"Oh, haha, whoops. I was serious about the whole you dating Lisa situation though." I said.

"Sorry, I didn't know how to bring it up." He smiled.

"Well.....dwo you wike er?" I asked with rice still all up in my mouth.

"I don't know, I used to like a loong time ago. But she asked me first so I just wanted to give this a try." He shrugged.

"I she." I nodded, stuffing my face with more food.

"Swallow, dude." He raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"Sowy~" I laughed.

"Are you done? I'll do the dishes today." He offered.

"What, no it's fine, I can do it." 

"No, no, let me."

"Why are you so stubborn?" I glared.

"Because I was born that way." He grinned and took the dishes out of my hands.

"Fine." I huffed and took out our project, laying it out on the living room floor.

"What are the multiple causes of most diseases for teens ages 12 and up?" I asked him, reading the paper.

"Uh...drugs?" He suggested.

"Yeah~" I nodded as I wrote it down on the poster. I was the writer since I can't draw for and he's the one drawing all the pictures.

After a while, I was done with all the writing and coloring my part of the poster. I got up to get an apple as a snack as he sat down to review the poster.

"Not bad, ________." He nodded.

"Gee, thanks. That means so much coming from a genius like you." I rolled my eyes as I bit into my apple.

"Well," He feigned a hurt expression. "For these, you want me to draw....what?" 

"What do you mean? I literally listed all the drugs." I said.

"Oh, sorry, forgot my glasses at home." He chuckled.

"It's fine." I shook my head.

"Since it's getting late we can work on our dance project next week." He spoke as he drew.

"What? Next week is break, I am not about to use up a whole week of my vacation time to work." I protested.

"I can't do it this week. Sorry." He said.

What the hell.

"Why not?" I pushed.

"Lisa wants me to spend more time with her." 

"You can spend all break with her!" 

"She wants this week. I'm sorry, but I promise I'll work with you next week." He smiled apologetically.

God, he's acting like she's in control of everything he does. How is he not breaking up with her yet? She's obviously manipulating him into doing whatever she wants. Is he really so oblivious and naive? I thought he would know since that's what he does. 

"You know what, fine." I gave up. I'm just his friend, I can't tell him what to do.

"Thanks for understanding." He smiled as he grabbed his things.

Understand, my . I understand nothing about you. 

"You better come early next week. I don't want to waste my break working." I warned and pointed at him.

"Yes, ma'am." He chuckled and left.

He's clearly being played by Lisa but he wouldn't believe me if I told him. I can't let him get hurt though. I can just hear everyone gossipping about the whole thing. "The player just got played." Everyone will pity him and that's not a good thing. No one wants that. Maybe I should talk to Jayden about this. But then again, it's none of my business. The only thing that'll happen is probably me pissing _________ off by getting in his business.

His POV

Lisa isn't that bad as a girlfriend. This was everything I dreamt of when I used to like her. She's a cheery person and says things as it is. I think my friends would like her.

She might be a little clingy but she is definitely a good girlfriend. She actually wants to hang out with me because she wants to know me. She's not like any of the girls I've dated before. Maybe I did like Lisa more than I thought.

Wanna hang out tomorrow? My parents aren't home ;)

I scoffed as i read the text. We've literally been together for a week and she wants to already? Of course. It was too good to be true. Everyone dates me because of my body or what not. Hey, at least now I can spend some more time working on our projects with __________. I guess I can just break up with Lisa tomorrow and maybe head to _________'s house. Would she be able to help me? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oooooo~ so is he really going to break up with Lisa?

Is he just gonna use _______ as a shoulder

to cry on? What do you think's going to happen?

Comment and subcribe~!