Twenty Five

When A Bad Boy Falls For The "Nerd"

Your POV

"So, Valentines Day is today." Emily said as we were walking out of class.

"So?" 

"So, are you guys gonna do anything?" 

"I don't know, we never really talked about it. With his personality, I'm guessing he wouldn't want to do anything either." I shrugged.

"Oh come on, if you ask him, I'm sure he'd do it." Lina urged and lighty bumped my shoulder.

"I don't know what I want though...."

"Don't you always want tacos?" 

"I mean, yeah, but I don't know......he's working again today." 

"So? Call him again!" Emily exclaimed as we got in her car.

"No, it will make me seem clingy." 

"Dude, it's Valentines Day! You finally have a boyfriend for Valentines Day, and now you aren't taking the chance to spend it with him?" Lina joined.

"I know, I know." I sighed.

"You and your stubborn -"

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes.

The weather outside was rainy, but with a glow of sunshine. It was the weather where I could wear a sweater with shorts and it made me happy. It wasn't too cold or hot, but just right for my liking. The wind flowed through my hair as I walked. Wouldn't this be great if my boyfriend was here? My mood suddenly shifted. God, why do I always miss him so much? This whole week was just me sleeping by myself and spending the afternoons at home alone. He's been so busy with work that he's had no time for me which frankly, just makes me sad. 

The ride home with the girls was loud as usual, debating on homework and getting answers to projects. Of course, my mind wasn't on any of those subjects. It would be nice to spend Valentines Day with my boyfriend instead of being home alone. I thought glumly as I walked into my house. I tossed my bag onto the couch as I went up to my room and threw on a t-shirt of his and just a simple pair of boy shorts. I'm not expecting anyone so I can look as weird as I want. I smiled with a shrug and went back downstairs. I took the bucket of ice cream from the fridge and plopped down onto the couch with it placed in my lap as I the TV. One of my favorite shows were on and I couldn't be more excited. Suddenly, my phone rang as I reluctantly paused my show to answer.

"Hello?" I sighed.

"Hey....you don't..sound so happy." He hesitated.

"That's because you interrupted my show...." I shyly bit my lip even though I knew he couldn't see it.

"Oh, your show's more important than me?"

"Well, it spends more time with me than you do."

"Are you mad?" He asked.

"I'm agitated." I nodded.

"I'm sorry, but you know it's work and I can't ju-"

"Yeah, I know, I know. I understand. Sorry." I ruffled my hair in frustration.

"Thanks, um, I just called to check up on you and make sure you were okay. My break's ending, I'm sorry, but I think I'll be home late again tonight." 

"Yeah, whatever." I muttered and hung up.

Of course, of course. He calls and gets my hopes up and then immediately crashes it down. Just hearing his voice was enough to make me happy, but then....it makes me want him. To see him. To touch him. I threw my phone on the couch and continued to watch my show. What's the point of telling me that he's going to be home late when I already knew? I sighed. 

I've always dreamed of Valentines Day as being the most romantic day with the one person I love the most. We'd spend the day together, cuddling on the couch, talking about the future and whatnot. There would be lots of chocolate as well as just having fun. But, obviously, my fantasy is broken. What's Valentines Day without my own boyfriend? Maybe if I just picked up the phone and called him....if I told him how much I missed him....maybe then he'd come home earlier. No. His work is important and I know I'm not his top priority. But.....shouldn't guys take care of their girlfriends? Aish! What do I do?! I nervously bit my lip as I stared blankly at my cell phone, laying on the couch. Aw, what the hell! I rolled my eyes and immediately grabbed the phone. 

"Hello?"

"Uh...hey..."

, what do I say?!

"Hey, are you okay?" He panicked.

"Um, yeah....."

"So? Why are you calling? I mean, you never call when I'm at work." 

"I just....ImissyoualotpleasecomehomeIdon'twanttosleepbymyselfagaintonight." 

"Wait wha-"

"Okay, um, bye!" My face burned with embarassment as I abruptly hung up. 

I held the phone tightly in my hands as I chewed on my lip. What did I just do?! God. I shook my head at myself, what do I do now? Pray that he heard what I said and comes home within a minute? No, of course not. This isn't some Disney princess movie. Sadly. I watched my phone intently for a few minutes, checking to see if he would text me or call me back, but nothing. He's probably busy...or simply brushed me off. I blew air at my forehead and roughly brushed through my hair with my fingers. I gradually calmed down and went back to my show. It was getting dark outside so I put away the ice cream and closed all of the blinds in the house. I turned off the lights in the kitchen and sat on the couch, curled up, and watching my phone. 

Suddenly, I heard the garage open. I looked at the clock and noticed it was only seven o' clock. Usually, he'd be home around eleven or later. I shrugged. Maybe it was just the wind or something. I, then, heard the door open and turned to look. There, was my boyfriend. He smiled. He ran at me until he was towering over me from behind the couch. I stared into his eyes, both confused and ecstatic.

"Wha-what are you doing?!" I couldn't contain my smile.

"Didn't you say you miss me?" He caressed my cheeks lightly with the back of his hand.

"Oh, yeah....." I chewed on my lip.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" 

"I..didn't want to burden you. You seemed really busy." 

"I don't think you understand," He chuckled softly. "You're my number one priority. This is just a temporary job so if I get fired, there will be other jobs that I can apply to. Tell me what you're feeling exactly when you feel it so I won't end up hurting you unintentionally." 

"Okay." I sighed with a small smile.

"Now, do you know what day it is?" He smiled, mischievous glowed from his eyes.

"Valentines Day?" 

"Correct! You win....a cake!" He took the bag out from behind his back.

"Jinjja?! What the-"

"You do know I work in a busy bakery." 

"Yeah, but you really didn't have to buy that."

"Honey, I work in a bakery. I get this for free." He laughed.

"Oh...yah, don't laugh at me." I pouted.

"Okay, okay. Here, this cake is my promise that I will come home early and spend time with you every single day, okay?" 

I nodded happily and wrapped his tie around my hand as I pulled him down into a kiss. I've missed him so long that it felt like I was craving him. The kiss felt so good, I never want to let go of him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Happy Valentines Day

Guys!!!