Twenty Four

When A Bad Boy Falls For The "Nerd"

Your POV

"If you need him that badly, then just call him." Lina said. 

It's been hard on me nowadays. School has been giving me so much work and I'm borderline passing some of my classes. He recently got a job and never really has any free time so I've been extremely lonely these past two weeks. I just miss being with him. A lot. I want to talk to him about my day, and cuddle up with him while he brushes my hair with his fingers. I want him to kiss me as if it was the last kiss he'd ever give me. I miss him. I want him. I sat on my bed and held tightly onto one of his shirts even though I was already wearing one. 

"No, he's at work. He's not gonna come home just because of a petty reason like that." I sighed. 

"Take this as an opportunity to see if you can trust him."

"What do you mean?"

"If you need him and you let him know that, any boyfriend would do anything in his power to go back home for his girlfriend." 

"But why would a boyfriend do that?"

"Because guys are always worried about their girlfriends being alone anywhere for a long period of time. Plus if they really love you, they'd be home at the drop of a hat."

Love? I flinched at the thought of the word. We've never said anything concerning those words, nothing like 'I like you' would ever pass our lips. Maybe it's because we're both stubborn or...never really thought about it. 

"But we've been like this for two weeks."

"So? For all you know, he could be missing you as much as you miss him."

"Huh...I guess you're right."

"When am I wrong?" She chuckled.

"But I'd be interrupting his work."

"It's just a short phone call, you can't be hurting his work that bad."

"Okay, okay, I will."

"Alright! I guess I oughta leave you to it! Bye~!" She happily hung up. 

Aish~! I roughly ruffled my hair. Love? Do I love him? We've only been dating for a few months. I've never even thought about telling him that I like him. Matter of fact, I never really tell him how I feel. Is he testing me? Does he want me to tell him? Something cheesy like, 'I can't live without you!' or "I'd do anything for you, babe.' Ahh! No way! I could never say anything like that! I cringed and covered my face out of embarassment. Just then, my phone rang as I jumped seeing the caller ID.

"Hello?" 

"Hey, what are you doing?" He asked as I smiled at the sound of his voice.

"Uh...nothing." I shrugged.

"I'm gonna be home late today." 

"Again?" I sighed.

"Yeah, sorry-" I hung up as I threw the phone to the side of my bed.

What am I supposed to be doing for the rest of the day? I ruffled my hair in frustration and went downstairs. I the TV and took out the pint of ice cream. My phone went off constantly but I just simply turned it on silent. It was annoying me. He was annoying me. I mean, what's the point of talking to me now? It's not like he was physically here with me anyway. He always comes home late and I know I'm being unreasonable and needy but he's never been that nice to me. In fact, when has he ever really done anything for me? We've been together for a few months, yes, but am I being too reasonable? Too needy? But what if he's lying? What if he's with some other co-worker behind my back? Ah, maldo andwae! He would never dare. 

I angrily put away the ice cream having lost my appetite. I sat sprawled out on the couch with his shirt clenched in my hand. He would never dare to that............right? God, maybe I really do have a trust issue. I sighed as I flipped through the channels. My home phone rang as I sat still for a minute, contemplating on who it could be. I mean, not many people even know my home phone number. Curiousity got the best of me as I walked over to grab the phone.

"Hello?" I sighed.

"Yah! What are you doing?" Jayden exclaimed.

"Mwoya? What are you talking about?" 

"He's been calling you nonstop, did you leave him on silent?" 

"So what if I did?"

"If you're mad or something, you should just talk to him."

"I will......when he gets home."

"Aish....this girl." He sighed.

"Wae? He's at work, he shouldn't even be calling me." 

"Uh, maybe he misses you." 

"He would never say it. I'm not forcing him to either." 

"Aigoo....you guys are perfect. Stubborn as hell." He rolled his eyes. 

"Oh, shut up. Look, if you called to make me turn my phone off silent, then you failed. I'm not turning it off." 

"Fine. At least I can say that I tried." He hung up as I slowly put the phone back.

I hate my boyfriend as much as I like him. He causes me so much stress. I deeply exhaled as I gripped on his t-shirt in my hand. I mean, when he's at home or with me even, his demeanor is rather cold and uninviting yet when he's away from me, he calls constantly, making up excuses telling me to check this or that. I don't know what he wants or what he's trying to do but honestly, it's incredibly frustrating! I sighed as I sat on the couch and stared blankly at the TV screen. Within a few minutes, my eyes grew heavy and eventually closed.

>>> 

"Yah, _______, hey." I woke up to both a gentle voice and shake on my shoulders.

"Mmm?" I rubbed my eyes and slowly sat up.

"Did you fall asleep?" 

"I guess so." I shrugged.

"Are you mad?"

"..no...I'm just frustrated."

"Wae? You know I'm just worki-

"Yes, I know, I know. But I can't stand it! I get lonely and then my mind strays and I don't like it." I unintentionally pouted.

"Aigoo..." He smiled.

"What...?"

"First, I see you sleeping with my shirt held close to you and now you go and say all of that......" He chuckled.

"What's funny?"

"________ __________, I can't believe you're making me say this," He sighed and held my shoulders. "Look, I told you I'm not a player anymore. Now, of course, I don't expect you to believe me because you never have. but I'm being completely honest. I guess I don't express my feelings a lot because I haven't learned how, but just being with you, I'm learning all the time. Remember this because I'm only gonna say this once in a full moon. I'm all yours." 

I stood speechless for a while. I never expected him to say anything like that, never even dreamed of it. My mind was completely blank. I mean, how would anyone respond to this?

"Y-you.....I hate you." I blushed.

"Really?" He smirked.

"Yes." I pouted.

"I convinced my boss to let me go home early because you were worrying me." 

"Eh? Wae? You didn't have t-"

"Because you were worrying me. I rushed home to make sure you were okay." He ran his hand down my hair, brushing out the occasional tangles.

"You really didn't have to." I bit my lip.

, now I feel guilty. 

"I wanted to. So what do you want to do?"

"Cuddle?"

"Aigoo, of course. Let me shower first." He smiled and pecked my cheek as he got up to go to the bathroom. Lina's words suddenly came screaming at me. 

"Any boyfriend would do anything in his power to get home to his girlfriend." 

"He'd come home at the drop of a hat." 

"If they really love you...."

So..I can really trust him now....I guess he has really proven himself. I shrugged with a wide grin on my face. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Aigoooo~!

So cute!