Nineteen

When A Bad Boy Falls For The "Nerd"

Your POV

"Lisa was at your house last night?!" Jayden gasped.

I was locked in my room, on the phone with my friends. It was three in the afternoon and I've been in my room since last night. Speaking of last night, I need my couch to get disinfected real fast.

"Yes! Can you believe it?!"

"Actually," Lina spoke. "I can't."

"Yeah, he's not that much of a jerk." Emily agreed.

"Did he explain?"

"No.....I kind of just ran?" I sheepishly scratched the back of my neck. 

Why does this suddenly make me sound like the bad guy?

"Why didn't you let him explain?!" Jayden cried out.

"Okay, you know what, in my defense, it was my house."

"You should let him explain, maybe it's nothing." Emily said.

"Yeah, she's right." Lina agreed.

"Okay well, I'm supposed to be mad at him. He's the jerk who's always acted all cool, why can't I do that?" I pouted.

"Because you're not a jerk." Jayden said, mocking me.

"I've been in my room all day, dude." 

"Then get the hell out!" Emily shouted..

"Can't I-"

"It's not a game of pride, you idiot!" Jayden retorted.

"Fine, fine." I hung up the phone and stood by the door, debating my choices.

If I go downstairs, there's a big chance he won't even care much less tell me anything. If I stay in my room, I will never find out what really happened last night. But do I even really want to know? 

"Why would he ever fall for a nerd like you?"

"Omo! Don't tell me you actually think you have a chance? Ha! Don't make me laugh."

"Aigoo, I feel embarassed for you." 

Maybe Lisa was right. A popular guy like him wouldn't notice a nerd like me. My expectations were set too high. I don't know what to do. Sure, I fought her because she made me angry in that moment but now that I think about it, that actually has some points. My hand stayed on the doorknob, not knowing whether to open it or lock it. Fine..........I guess I'll go downstairs, I'm hungry anyways. I twisted the door knob and opened it to reveal the jerk with the same surprised expression. 

"Uh......I was gonna ask if you were awake." He suddenly spoke, expressionless and monotoned.

"I am, so what?" I shrugged.

"Nothing's going on between me and Lisa, don't be thinking anything weird." He said, and simply walked away.

That's it? That's the explanation I get? What the hell is wrong with him?! I closed the door and locked it. Great, the one guy that I end up liking is the worst guy in this whole school! Tears threatened to fall, but I wouldn't let them. I sniffled as I got my phone. 

"Hello?" Liem answered.

"Hey, are you free today?" I asked.

"Yeah, why? Are you okay? Why are you sniffling?" 

"I'm fine, I just don't want to stay home today." I giggled.

"Hm, you want to go walk around the mall?" He suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds great!" I beamed.

"Okay! I'll pick you up in about ten minutes!" 

Yes! I refuse to stay in my room and cry all day. I'm better than this. He can't bring me down. I encouraged myself as I went into the bathroom to get ready. I wore a simple outfit consisting of skinny jeans and a gray t-shirt. I grabbed my purse and practically ran downstairs.

"Where are you-"

"Does it even really matter to you?" I coldly smirked and left.

"Hey!" Liem greeted as I got in his car.

"Hey!" I returned the favor.

"So, what happened? You usually wouldn't be the one to ask me to go out first." He smiled.

"Well, why wouldn't I be?" 

"You like him, don't you?" Liem said, as if he was scared I was going to smack him.

"I don't want to talk about it, I want to forget him." I sighed.

"Mmm, I'm sure this can be fixed with some ice cream and arcade games." He winked.

"Really?! Yes!" I laughed.

We got into the mall and immediately headed to the arcade.

"Thank you so much for this, it's delicious!" I grinned as I thanked him for the ice cream. 

"No problem!"

"Are you ready to get your kicked?" I mischievously smirked.

"Oh, you are so on!" He returned my expression.

I don't know how long we were in the arcade for, but I didn't care. All I cared about was how much fun it is when I'm hanging out with him. He's such a caring, helpful friend. I don't understand how anyone could dislike him. He's always so happy and is always there for me. Maybe if I spent more time with him, I can finally get over that jerk. Every single minute that I'm with Liem, it's pure innocence and happiness. I never thought the jerk would leave my mind, but in this time, I never even though about him. He simply fleeted my mind. And I couldn't be more thankful to Liem. 

"I'm sorry, but the arcade will be closing soon." One of the employees said as we both nodded.

"Yah, that was really fun. We should do that again sometime." Liem laughed as we left.

"We should." I joined.

We raced each other out of the parking lot and rushed into the car. The car filled with laughter and it was like we were kids without a care in the world. He started the engine as the laughter died down.

"Thank you." I said.

"For what?" He chuckled.

"For always being there for me." I smiled.

"No problem, that's what friends are for." He grinned.

"I promise we are gonna do this again sometime!" I said as I went into my house.

I jumped as I saw the jerk standng in my living room, arms folded across his chest. He gave off an aura that slightly intimidated me. 

"Don't make me repeat myself; where were you?" 

This fired me up. Who does he think he is for coming into my house and say that to me?

"I should be the one asking questions; why are you still here?" 

I am not backing down.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yah~

Are they arguing about

what happened last night?

Or something more?

:p