Fifteen

When A Bad Boy Falls For The "Nerd"

Your POV

It was now a week after that whole vacation nightmare. After I literally nursed him back to health, we drove home. A silent. Awkward. Ride home. God, I mean, I saw him half and it just hit me. What if he thinks I like him or something? And now he's ignoring me?? More the reason to not like him then. What am I so worried about? I thought to myself as I walked out of my house. And another thing was I actually felt scared of him really hating me and leaving me alone. Is that a normal friendship?

Ever since we've been back, he's went back to his own house which confuses me because he still has his things at my house. Is he really playing games with me now? Aish-

"Yah! You're late today." He honked his car, making me jump. 

"What the- you were waiting for me?" I was happy. What the hell? Why am I so happy to see this ? 

"Duh. We always go to school together. Don't think of it as anything weird." He pointed a finger at me as I scrunched my face.

"Why would I ever? Me the school nerd be with someone like you? Aigoo....that's the funniest joke I've ever heard." I joked and got in the car. 

"You know, now that I really got to know you, you're really not that much of a nerd." He drove.

"Ha, why thank you." I grinned, knowing he wanted the same compliment back but I'm not easy.

"Yah, aren't you gonna say something to me?" He frowned.

"I said thank you, what more do you want?" I rolled my eyes and smiled, loving how I annoy him.

"Like I'm not a jerk or something along those lines?" He urged.

"Hmm....you aren't that big of a jerk -" 

"Thank you." 

"But you are a ." 

"Yah! I am very smart for your information." 

"Whatever makes it easy for you to sleep at night." I chuckled.

>>>

"Okay class, we are going to have a partner project that will take up most of your grading period's final grade. It will be a poster, you don't have to present it. Just follow the rubric and you will be fine. Now, I have assigned partners so be prepared to work and cooperate over these next couple weeks." The teacher announced.

It was our last class of the day and I prayed I wouldn't be stuck with that jerk. No way in hell would we finish a project together. He's a ! I'd have to do all the- I froze, reading the list the teacher had posted. This woman really hates me. The teacher hates me. I've been paired up with the jerk. 

"Yah, looks like we're together. Again." He shrugged with a smirk.

"Fine. But I am not doing all of the work." I glared.

"I didn't tell you to, when have I ever made you do all of the work? But this means I'm going to be staying with you for a looong time." He sighed. Like it was a burden to be with me.

"Why?" I raised an eyebrow.

"So we can finish it. You know it's not an all nighter project, this is gonna take some time." He said.

"But what does that have to do with you staying at my house? People already think we're dating." I whispered.

"So what? Who cares what they think?" He simply shrugged. 

"Ok-" 

I was interrupted by the bell. Class was dismissed as we gathered our things to leave. Once again, I get into his car as he drives me home. Nothing's really changed. We got into my house and sat in the living room. Deja vu; this has happened before. 

"I don't really have any food so help yourself to some snacks." I said as I went upstairs to get changed. 

I came down wearing a big t-shirt and a pair of thigh high socks just because pants felt like too much work. There was an amazing smell making its way throughout the whole house and boy was I hungry. 

"Here." He handed me a bowl of fried rice.

Definitely deja vu.

"What?" 

"It's fried rice, eat it." He said, casually. 

"Well, duh. I meant why did you make it? I was fine with eating hot cheetos or something." I narrowed my eyes and sat down.

"Do you want the fried rice or not?" He sighed.

"Shut up." I glared with my mouth full.

"That's what I thought." The corner of his lips curled its way into a smirk.

"Okay, so for this project, we have to write an elaborate essay on why love is cliche to people. What a weird topic." I read the rubric.

"Hmm...you can look up some facts and I can do the elaborating part." He said.

"Sounds good with me." I shrugged.

Three Hours Later

"Okay, there. I think I'm done." I sighed and stretched my legs.

"Really? Let me see." He took my laptop.

He intently read over each and every bullet point. I began to admire his focused expression out of boredom. He has nice skin. His glasses suit him well; it makes him look......good. I can't take my eyes off of him. He turned his head as we instantly made eye contact. I jumped. Why am I so flustered? 

"It's good." He nodded.

"So I'm done." I yawned.

"No, you're not." He argued.

"I can just do everything else tomorrow." I whined.

"Fine, are my clothes still here?" He asked.

"Yep, all of your crap is still here." I nodded.

"I'm gonna take a shower, be right back." He rolled his eyes and went upstairs.

I decided to check my emails since I haven't logged on since forever. A sudden email titled "New partner(s)" caught my immediate attention. I opened it and saw that it was sent by our teacher. 

Hey ________,

It seems that there was a student absent today when I assigned partners. Lisa will be 

in your group. Her contact information is below, I hope you guys will have fun working. 

I have sent Lisa the same email I am sending you and hope you guys will contact each other

soon!

Awe man, what the hell is this?! Lisa! Out of all people! She is popular, dumb, and mean. She hates me! And I hate her! What did I do to deserve this?! Having her in my group is like having a ghost, she won't do any of the work. And if she does, none of it will make any sense! Now, I have to actually text her and tell her that we have to work together, what torture, I rolled my eyes. I reluctantly grabbed my phone and added her into my phone. It's late so I can just text her about it tomorrow morning. I locked my phone with a shrug. I grabbed my things as I went upstairs to get ready for bed. 

"You sleeping already?" He asked.

He was wearing a t-shirt and boxers. I gulped as I watched the drops of water dripping from his hair. Why do I keep staring at him?

"Yeah, kinda tired from staring at my laptop for three hours." I chuckled.

"Okay." He chuckled along. 

"The couch that we were sitting under actually folds out into a bed, and um, here's an extra blanket." I handed him one from a nearby closet. 

"Thanks." 

"Yeah, no problem. Goodnight jerk." 

"Good night, nerd." He smirked as I went to my room. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Aigooo....

Everything seems normal,

or is it?

:p