Thirteen

When A Bad Boy Falls For The "Nerd"

His POV

"Bruh, did she really fall asleep?" Emily asked.

"I think so, I can't tell." I whispered since her head was on my shoulder.

"Then take her to bed." Lina said.

"But I like this movie." I sighed.

"Is a movie more important than your girlfriend?" Jayden cooed.

"Yah, stop it." I said.

"Why? It's true, isn't it?" He urged.

"No, clearly it's not." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh come on! You like her!" He hissed.

"No, I don't. We are gonna go to bed now." I got up and carried _____________ to the room.

We are just close friends. Can a guy and a girl be just best friends? Honestly, how frustrating can those idiots be? I sighed as I laid beside her. No way will I fall for a nerd like her. 

The Next Morning...

I slightly opened one eye to see what was going on inside the room. There they were, the three girls: Lina, Emily, and ___________. Of course, with the exception of Jayden also. 

"When are we gonna leave?" Lina asked.

"I don't know, maybe two more days?" Emily said.

"We've literally stayed here for like three days." ________ shrugged.

"I know, I know, but my boyfriend misses me so-" 

"So why don't you just go? We can stay." _______ said.

"Who's we? Because my boyfriend misses me too." Emily replied.

"Wow, aren't you guys just busy people. I guess I can leave too, don't want to interrupt these two." Jayden winked.

"What are you guys talking about?" I spoke, startling them all.

"They want to leave, but I want to stay here because there's nothing to do at home." _________ explained.

"I guess I can stay with you." I shrugged.

"You don't have to." She replied.

"Yes, I do. If I leave you alone, you'd probably run off with Liem." I scoffed.

"And why would you care?"

"I don't."

"Alright, alright, enough you two, I guess we'll leave tonight." Jayden said.

"Alrighty, we have to prepare the car so go get some breakfast." Lina said as literally everyone left the room. I threw the blanket to the side and slowly went to the bathroom. Why does she look like she's mad at me? If anything, she should be grateful, I'm the one that carried her into bed. I scoffed as I finished up and headed towards the kitchen. After eating, I quickly ran out to see if the others needed help.

"You guys need any help?" I asked.

"Sure, can you get our suitcases?" Lina asked.

"Yeah, where are they?"

"They should be in the living room."

"Okay." I nodded and headed back in to see ________ struggling, trying to carry four suitcases.

Aigoo...this girl. I walked over to her and grabbed them from her grasp. 

"Hey! I had it!" She pouted.

"Why are you always yelling?" I sighed and went back out.

"I don't!" She followed.

"There you go." I said and placed the suitcases into the trunk of the car.

"Alright, we're set." Jayden smiled and gave me a wink.

"Would you mind taking Liem with you too?" I scoffed.

If you must know, we used to go to school with Liem, way back in middle school. He was the school's big play boy. Everyone loved him, girls AND guys. The girls fell for his "dreamy look" and the guys looked up to him for being "cool." I have no idea what that was about because clearly, I'm better, but that's not why I hate him. He stole my girlfriend and it might seem childish but yeah, that's what happened. We've dated a long time and because of that, I guess you could say that's why I've turned into a playboy, a rival to him. Honestly though, he just gives off a bad vibe to me overall. Sure, we were on the football team together and we always tried to outdo the other, but those days are long gone. 

"I think you know exactly why you don't like him right now and it definitely has nothing to do with your past." Jayden smirked.

"What are yo-"

"We have to go now if we want to make it by morning you guys!" Emily said.

"Alright, bye guys! Stay safe!" __________ waved.

I didn't notice much. Jayden's words were lingering around my head. What was he talking about? Is he saying he knows me more than I know myself? What the hell? I don't know what he's talking about but he can stay out of my business. I looked up due to a sudden honk. Jayden grinned and waved as I waved back. We stood and watched them leave.

"Now, what?" I asked.

"Now, I take a long, well-deserved shower." She smiled and walked back in the house as I followed, shaking my head.

>>>

"You know, now that there isn't a lot of people staying here now, you can't sleep in my room anymore." She said as she dried her hair with her towel. Her bathroom door was open as I laid on the bed. She wore a big t-shirt that went down to her knees- but I wasn't paying attention to every detail on her. Why would I?

"Why would I want to?" I smirked.

"Like I'd want to be in the same room as you." She stuck her tongue out at me.

"Whatever you say." I shrugged.

"Why do you hate Liem so much?" She asked.

"I told you th-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's none of my business, blah blah, do you think that will stop me from asking?" She rolled her eyes before putting on her glasses. 

The glasses suit her pretty well.

"Okay, well, he's just a jerk."

"How so?"

"He's........"

If I say that he's a player, it would make me sound like a hypocrite. But what choice do I have? Nothing else makes sense!

"What? He's what?" There was a demand in her tone that caught me off-guard.

"He's a long time player." I said nonchalantly.

"Wow," She chuckled. "Hypocrite much?" 

"I know, I know. But, hey, I haven't dated anyone for a couple months now." I said.

"Sure." She nodded mockingly. 

"Yeah, I don't care if you believe me though," I shrugged. "As long as you don't go near him." 

"Honestly, why are you acting like you're my boyfriend or something?" She sighed.

"I'm not. I could never be your boyfriend, don't be silly." I chuckled.

"Why would I want to date a jerk like you? Honestly, why did you even want to stay back with me?" She crossed her arms.

"I didn't. Obviously, no one was and I want Liem nowhere near this wonderful house." I said, calmly.

"Wow, okay, I'm going to bed now, get out." She walked out and closed the bathroom door.

"What bu-"

"I'm serious, go. I sleep so, don't think about coming back in either." She said, incredibly shameless.

"Yeah, don't worry about it. You're not my type." I smirked and slowly walk out.

"Goodnight, jerk." She scrunched her nose and closed the door.

"Goodnight, nerd." I replied before heading for a random bedroom.